Bots are killing this game let's talk about removing them

chinmi

I sent some screenshots of the bot army on Poharan that is literally like 90% summoners. I can tell what channel they're in because it lags my PC even when I'm away from the area they're in. If I'm remotely near the Talus base, my PC will start chugging as it processes the actions they take on the terrors. I just received a canned response saying 'We can't disclose what will happen to the accounts involved but will investigate. Thank you for your cooperation." etc. The usual stuff.

I honestly wish they would disclose what happened or at least make a public post whenever they ban a wave of bots. It would at least show that they're doing something. I do know for a fact that the GM's ARE banning spamming bots because I've seen them banned the moment they broadcast before. I'll go to submit a report and literally it'll say "Could not file a report as the name does not exist" which means that the GM laid the banhammer on them. I just wish they'd target the bots farming terrors and stuff. They're easy kills but yeah..It's still messed up.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, GnatB said:

Why not retroactive?  It's been in the ToS that RMT is a bannable offense all along.  If you want people to obey rules, the first step is to actually try to enforce them.

I dunno, I just don't think that step is immediately necessary.  The fact that NCSoft has been historically lax kind of sets a precedent where people don't expect to be punished?  I just feel firmly saying, "going forth, a no tolerance policy will be implemented and enforced" and then moving from there is a more productive action.

Peeps in here talking about captcha and whatev... these are reactive solutions.  You have to think proactive.  You've gotta take the offense; be the aggressor.  How can I hit them where it hurts?  The answer to that is to destroy the space in which they exist, and that space is the real money, third party markets.

1 minute ago, Phorni said:

u can find more of them sometimes till the point which they actually lag you out XD 

Yeah my friend is rocking like 5 fps here xD  She didn't get her wep yet, I was lucky enough to get it before the rise of the Destroyer bots.

1 minute ago, Briemo said:

Yeah my friend is rocking like 5 fps here xD  She didn't get her wep yet, I was lucky enough to get it before the rise of the Destroyer bots.

This kind of situation could have been immediately solved (more or less) with only having any kind of in-game mods. I know back in the Ultima Online days, there was numerous people logged in with varying levels of powers to ban/jail people...

Fact seems to be that NCSOFT have 0 moderators online in game, if a player is tagged with spammer or bot, a moderator should immediately be there to investigate in person.

41 minutes ago, BlackRoze said:

The fact that there is this many bots at that high level should tell you how little NCSOFT is actually doing about the bots....

Exactly, we keep getting these "we know about them" and "we are working on it" but nothing gets done the bots are just everywhere and they don't try to hide themself or anything yet NCsoft does nothing.

My premium is ending in 2 days I'm not going to get another one, I'm going to wait until next week patch and if nothing gets done, I'm out.

I play in a medium-low population server and you hardly ever find people in open word that aren't bots.

There's no point on playing a game with more bots than actual players.What motivation do we have to keep playing to get gold for our gear if tons of bots just run around free doing it hundred of times faster than we ever will.

14 minutes ago, Everythingisincave said:

Exactly, we keep getting these "we know about them" and "we are working on it" but nothing gets done the bots are just everywhere and they don't try to hide themself or anything yet NCsoft does nothing.

I remember bots infesting Aion. It took forever for NCSoft to do anything about it, and when they did, it was a mass ban that caught a LOT of innocent people... Not holding out much hope.

Just now, Naunet said:

I remember bots infesting Aion. It took forever for NCSoft to do anything about it, and when they did, it was a mass ban that caught a LOT of innocent people... Not holding out much hope.

Its cos a lot of these banning kinda thing is stupid they do mass banning systematically so anyone suspicious gets banned lol

I remember my brother nearly got banned before cos he bought a cheap item from a shop in town by some random person. This was in a dif game apparantly there was a glitch where some gold sellers abused copying rare items and selling them cheaply and it was an abuse so in the end they decided to ban people who benefited from the bug, then instantly half the playerbase disappeared and um game died out XD

And honestly in free to play games banning doesn't solve bot issue it nvr does because u can annoy real players by banning them but bots don't get annoyed , especially a lot of the gold buyers don't really care lol and some of those who cares actually go through multiple accounts to get the gold in the end XD 

Since I know friends from other free to play games who bought gold also there, they would get the gold from the sellers with some newbie account then spend the gold to buy items from another few newbie accounts and later on each of them buy little bit overpriced stuff from dif end accounts XD u can't ban all those people especially when they don't spend all the gold into their own pocket they also buy things from random people that they don't know which if u just ban all the amount of innocents involved will be huge since people always have the option to sell thing little bit pricier than normal like I mean if now I sold 10 large hibiscus pots for 1g50 each whereas the market price sits at 1g20- 1g40 then u can't say I'm involved in buying gold just by that can you XD 

Especially since those people sell low level items which they got through find random party with random accounts it's not like u can ban people for selling overpriced viridian quartz is there 

2 minutes ago, BlackRoze said:

Just make gold untradable already, would slove most issues...

That way they might as well make everything in the game not tradeable except through market place 

And watch as everyone solo the game XD since u cant even help ur guildies or friends any more

2 minutes ago, Phorni said:

That way they might as well make everything in the game not tradeable except through market place 

And watch as everyone solo the game XD since u cant even help ur guildies or friends any more

You can barely help out as it is now anyway, all items that matter (except soulstones and transmutation stones) are untradable...

All purple throughout the game is pretty much untradable, except a few of the sealed ones.

1 minute ago, BlackRoze said:

You can barely help out as it is now anyway, all items that matter (except soulstones and transmutation stones) are untradable...

All purple throughout the game is pretty much untradable, except a few of the sealed ones.

Well the weapon they have to farm themselves but if they get lucky on the first run u can always help by giving them the other mats that u dont need XD 

But like i said before maybe a page or two ago they can just make an arena non-tradeable set of equipmemt which is attached to your faction uniform that has top stats pvp wise,

i mean if this happens 99% of the playerbase wont even need excessive amounts of  gold anymore especially if those equipment can be used at all areas except in dungeons,

then i also said if this is to happen idk if it will destroy the pve element of bns altogether. 

And by attached to faction uniform i mean when u get to stored them into ur faction uniform so it wont take any more than one inv slot when u r in a dungeon and also since ur equipment with the uniform can be most likely stronger than your pve set u will want to wear faction uniform when u arent in town hence more open world pvps more fun and/or annoying moments 

1 minute ago, Phorni said:

They can delete classic mode as most bots use classic mode  : 3 

Wont help. There will always be other way to bot. Theres no stopping them only to accept them and live with them and frequently have ban waves to reduce their numbers

2 minutes ago, Avatari said:

Wont help. There will always be other way to bot. Theres no stopping them only to accept them and live with them and frequently have ban waves to reduce their numbers

XD I know deleting classic mode won't don't much just like banning lol 

I'm saying it as another option since bot scripts is easier to write or so I heard under classic modes rather than bns mode.

Just now, Phorni said:

XD I know deleting classic mode won't don't much just like banning lol 

I'm saying it as another option since not scripts is easier to write or so I heard under classic modes rather than bns mode.

Slows them down for week or two then they're back. So not really any good idea. Simply theres no way of getting them out of game. Only thing what players can do is to accept them and live with them and let Ncsoft ban them when they feel like

Hello NCSoft,

I just want to let you know that I volunteer for being a mod. Give me extremely limited permissions all you wish, so long as you give me permission to flag threads and users and/or posts for banning or removal. (Perhaps a system where volunteers flag the thread and it instantly becomes hidden for other users, because it gets moved to a different and hidden subforum for mods, before a *real* mod then checks things over. This is to prevent us from banning legitimate people with no oversight; although that would be hard to come by, as bot threads are so obvious.)

Please make use of people who would volunteer their time and energy. It's free! And I think many would join. This botting issue is REALLY killing this game! It can be a temporary solution, that's fine! But the truth is, these forum bots keep coming back. For whatever reason, that issue hasn't been fixed. So why not add something temporary while you guys work it out? It's a win-win for you and for your players. Thank you.

Guys, sign off in this thread if you'd volunteer for a bot-removal mod position, with next to zero mod powers, except what I listed.

They have to talk to some higher ups before they're able to start letting people do this actually. I wouldn't mind helping myself but we just can't (for now); although if they DO decide to do something like this, having a reference list might be a good starting place for them.

3 minutes ago, Enamour said:

They have to talk to some higher ups before they're able to start letting people do this actually. I wouldn't mind helping myself but we just can't (for now); although if they DO decide to do something like this, having a reference list might be a good starting place for them.

That's what this is supposed to be. Because maybe they're asking "Who would do this for us??" and if they see a 10 page thread filled with people who would, then it might be easier to implement. Because currently, we have a situation where bots constantly flood the forums and nothing happens. But hey if some user posts a thread containing a video on how someone performed a hack in-game? Then it instantly gets locked.

Archived