Bots are killing this game let's talk about removing them

chinmi

15 hours ago, Enubis said:

There are ways to bypass captcha even for bots, and making it every hour means the owner can just come and check every hour. Captcha if needed to be implemented as much as I'd abhor the annoyance, needs to be irregular, so they cannot be predicted. However it also does not mean the botters can't hire a single person to watch over 20 PCs to make sure they hit the captcha right on top of many other things. 

I already thought about this and if you read all i said the timer will begin 5 min after login, the owner of bots have multiply bots so he will have a problem doing all the captcha at ones. If i remember the captcha i filled every hour in the old mmo i played you had 1 min to fill it out or else you disconnect.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Aveen said:

uhh for me its pvp it needs to stop as an assassin they can follow me perfectly while in stealth they can turn and follow while CC'd so you cant get behind them these are things that are IMPOSSIBLE to do without hacks.

not my vid but heres a great example

KFM bot in plat it does things that real life players just cant do this degrades the playing experience for everyone. Solution any video evidence of someone turning while CC'd/ doing something impossible should just be instant perma ban

Holy ... thats one nasty ass bot right over there.

Or anoth idea is to create a few sets of pvp gears which you can get from doing arenas which is not tradeable and have top stats for pvp so then people won't bother spend real money buying gold any more cos all they need gold for is to improve pve gears and I mean this is a pvp game after all XD

Ofc you have people spending gold on pots but like I mean that's all and well lol 

Thing is tho this might kill the aspect of pve from bns altogether idk whether it will or it won't but it certainly will make very little people interested in buying gold from bots XD

Well lets see.... bots goldseller bots farmer bots in dungeons.....they are in everywhere the problem is increasing almost cant do anything for the bots come a time where you could not do a quest for making it will be full of bots 
There will be some way that the problem is not the game or update this outdated ... bots are killing the server and will do so as did the Lineage II

Seeing as ncsoft refuse to do anything about bots (and this topic will get locked fast with what I'm about to post) I figured I would share where the bots are originating from. Well at least a few. 

Please note I shared this information with support yesterday, and they have yet to respond. This proves that the game will die out pretty fast na wise, and means I won't be purchasing premium tommorow as I planned.

There is a forum my the name of elite pvpers that has several not builds linked to for download. Now I shared this with hopes that ncsoft would get smart and begin to reverse engineer the bots, as at this point the only aspect of the game I enjoyed has now been ruined (nothing but bots in PvP). 

I want to know that after being provided this info, why have ncsoft ignored me, and not sent a response considering I just fed them a portion of the bot army that's ruining this game?  Just a simple "we received this info" would be welcome.

In fact cracking down the program itself takes time and then it takes even more time to come up with a program which counters it.  But I think their support team should at least respond to your ticket then again I think their support team has too much on their hands to deal with already that they just kept all the "bot" Inc tickets at bay while they try and deal with it. 

Since they can always say it will be dealt with and do nothing or they can try and do something but say nothing until solution is reached because people always like to ask what have you done against bots, well they can't really explain the process can they and I sincerely doubt anyone would be able to.

But regardless they have to do something quickly even if it doesn't really work, or work for only a few hours as this will show people that they are actively trying, I mean I have no problem seeing a few random bots once every now and then because free to play games can nvr be rid of bots,  but the amount of bots in bns atm is more than cancerous XD 

6 minutes ago, BlackRoze said:

And yet, its nowhere near the amount of bots in the Taiwanese version of the game, at least last I played there, which I stopped with quite fast.

it's alright I've seen more bots in my life as a mmo player than actual real life player so ya it happens and honestly a lot of free to play mmos died cos of bots 

Edit: PS:  a dark note: I reckon it can be the free to play game publishers leader boards having a cooperation with not scripters so that eventually all games can become pay to play :P

This probs not true or semi true but the situation currently with most free to play games concur to this dark conspiracy theory lol 

Sad thing is this is a game I would p2p if they got their act together. But based on redit and how the games been run so far, I'll most likely be done march 3rd as path of exiles new patch comes out. They almost had me switch to this as my main game, but with how many issues this game has had so far (bots,crashes, game guard, skills being listed incorrectly, toxic players, dead servers, afk Leacher's, master looting, doors not coded as solid objects, list goes on, I'm not even mentioning the exploits I've stumbled across and reported) its looking grim. The game will survive, but it won't become the e-sport they want. For that to happen so many changes and fixes will be needed.

Captcha every hour works for me, I wouldn't be annoyed about it at all if I knew it would reduce bots in some way. Make it so person cannot do anything until they have done it and I think this could work.

oh yeah or simply make the game p2p..

After thinking it through, I'm actually very much in favor for disabling gold-trading between players. Resources/materials is fine to be tradable, however, soulstones and gold should be untradable. I think this resolution is worthy enough to have a petition.

5 minutes ago, BlackRoze said:

After thinking it through, I'm actually very much in favor for disabling gold-trading between players. Resources/materials is fine to be tradable, however, soulstones and gold should be untradable. I think this resolution is worthy enough to have a petition.

Just make soulstones,  quartz, water from Wells, gold and upgrade mats such as poh perfume, machismos, infernal horns,.etc untradeable XD meanwhile all quartz and Wells respawns to each player so even if someone took all quartz from moon water plains it will still be available for other people.

Edit: also essences untradeable too, at this rate I wonder what the bots sell hahaha, they can sell profession products from gathering and crafting guilds but that's good it will only make the end products cheaper since more people (bots) are making them XD but I doubt they will even send bots in anymore after all those became untradeable

So in the last stream on twitch, ncsoft stated that the dev team is working on countermeasure against bots that should be part of the warlock build. They can't say what they are doing because they don't want the botters to know, but they are saying that they are working on stuff.

This is ridiculous, I won't keep playing like this. I have no problem with a captcha every time you queue for an arena match. People say it doesn't solve anything, but neither does doing nothing. I see it as a minor nuisance with possibly good benefits. Make gold and soulstones untradeable, eliminate the need for bots to operate in the first place. More GM presence ingame, especially spectating arena matches. Add a text/phone verification for account creation... I don't know, just do something. OH, and for god's sake make a statement about it!

BTW I'm curious if we can get a uniform as an opposing faction to hongmoon school uniform / people with no uniforms :3 so wearing it makes u available to kill bots?  Hahaha then we can gather most people in the server and slaughter them until they can't even have gold to repair weapons also in cross server u can kill the bots as well: 3 would be cool 

Archived