Bots are killing this game let's talk about removing them

chinmi

2 minutes ago, Rancub said:

Just make gold untradeable and unmailable. Gold can only be used to buy from marketplace or merchants.

Then you get people that buy gold off market. Person goes to RMT site, wants 100g, lists 1 unsealing charm or other small item up on market for 100g, RMT buys it and BAM BOT's still alive and farming... Only way to combat it is for nothing to be tradeable. But then people *cricket* cause it feels like single person game instead of MMO cause they cant trade items....

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Hime said:

As you all are aware, the bots in game is one of our top priorities. Bots will continue to evolve their tactics (as you have seen) and we also have to adjust to that as well and we are/are in the process.

Sorry I don't understand why they need to find solutions/processes first.  Their routines cannot be THAT different from  CN/TW where they fly, port and are non-targetable. (Not limited to bots)

You can just stand there unable to attack and die slowly.

Sure you can have a nice position to overlap (I don't even know if overlapping this is against ToS) and grab them (16m is the absolute maximum) but then they will port around the arena for 3 secs to reset the "in combat" and fly again.

So you need to burn  within 3 seconds 100-0 or keep them cced. If not they start to port again and fly.

Usually I loose not because im bad but because of ping.

Ive seen one on EU server. Pray to god this won't happen here. Bots are nothing compared to this.

Hell I've seen assassins stealth 100% of the match using shuriken and such till you're dead or lost because lack of damage.

Impact can't get them out, tried that many times.

Reported some bots here but they are still in PvP. Same names, same stuff.

And no, thats not a troll. I wish it is one...

my 2 cents:

Any trade outside a certain range for the "going price" of an item (outside the same account, of course) should automatically be flagged as suspicious.

And those suspicious trades should be investigated.  Perhaps, an e-mail should be sent to the e-mail addresses of the accounts in question, basically saying:  "You recently made a suspiciously lopsided trade.  Who was the trade with and what is your relationship to that person."  If things don't add up, accounts get banned.

Anyways, stopping the bots/gold sellers is one thing.  Another thing is finding out why they are so prevalent in the first place.  I've got to say, of all the MMO's I've ever played the bot/spam problem in this one is *far* worse than any other game I've ever played.  And I don't think it's just because this game has worse functionality to find/remove/stop them.  I think it's because the game design is (IMO) inherently flawed to promote their use.  In pretty much every other MMO I've ever played, having more money is simply "nice".  You'll have slightly better gear as you go along, but it's never really a big deal.  This is the first MMO I've ever played, however, where it feels like there is literally a money wall.    The only way for my highest level character to currently "advance" simply needs money.  And lots of it.  When I run dungeons/etc.  I don't really care about the drops, other than how much they can sell for.  For this, I largely blame the upgrading system.  (though the bidding system doesn't really help)

17 minutes ago, OmniBlade said:

Then you get people that buy gold off market. Person goes to RMT site, wants 100g, lists 1 unsealing charm or other small item up on market for 100g, RMT buys it and BAM BOT's still alive and farming... Only way to combat it is for nothing to be tradeable. But then people *cricket* cause it feels like single person game instead of MMO cause they cant trade items....

Valid point there indeed. People would actually use that to give friends some gold this way aswell if there was a trading restriction. So still no sure way to single them out.

1 minute ago, Alison said:

Actually buyers are destroying the game.

Not the Botters. They are here for a reason. Just a business.

No customers - no bots imho.

Thing is u can't remove buyers... since every player is a potential buyer lol

1 hour ago, Hime said:

As you all are aware, the bots in game is one of our top priorities. Bots will continue to evolve their tactics (as you have seen) and we also have to adjust to that as well and we are/are in the process.

It isn't a bad idea, but I also think it has some pain points for legitimate players as well.

I know I asked about this before awhile ago, and (my mistake, I asked Yaviey not you [ x ]) said there were no current plans to implement a region ban. But, at this point the logical step to me would be region blocking China all together. In the past games that had done so didn't have 1/4th the bots I see here, and I'm sure some would slip through but I don't know it seems like the least invasive to NA / EU players.

The spammers didn't bother me much because I just changed chat tabs, but them being in core features of the game in this quantity is disheartening. I also support the captcha idea however I don't think it would work very well and in the end irritate more real players than bots.

28 minutes ago, Phorni said:

Okay... easy solution:

You start banning players buying gold anyway.  And then other players who don't want to get their accounts banned stop wanting to buy gold and there you go.  No more potential buyers.

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

And let's be clear.  Shit's not retroactive.  That would be retarded.  NCSoft says, "starting 2016, March 1, if you buy ingame stuff with real money from a third party, we flush your account."

1 hour ago, Hime said:

It isn't a bad idea, but I also think it has some pain points for legitimate players as well.

I think whenever you discover a bot, the GM's should curse the bot with a permanent debuff that applies to all characters on the account that pings the character for 999,999,999 damage ever second or so.  Sure, the bot devs can just write code to retire accounts once they get cursed, but it would still be pretty hilarious to see piles of corpses for a while.

57 minutes ago, Rawrzory said:

I'm thinking hard why this wouldn't be a good idea, but the only thing i can come up with is "but what if i want to give some gold to a friend". This might actually not be that bad.

Or buy Nccoin and trade in gold through control+c

@meerkat um so if ur friend irl buys gold then he helps u buy giving you some both you and your friend should get banned or just your friend?

since if it's just your friend who gets banned then people can make another account buy money with that account and give some to their main account XD 

1 hour ago, Hime said:

Understandable. To be clear, I'm not saying we're not taking this issue seriously. I'm just throwing out more details for your consideration. We completely understand our players are passionate and want to see the game continue to be successful. We share the same sentiment and again, one of our top priorities in addressing and improving as well.

@Hime Well, instead of considering, would rather see results of it. If you fell like some anti-bot block implemented in game can be an issue for legit players, try it in some period of time, instead of again "considering" something else. You can put it for a week or two, see if it help solve the problem, and next week make a forum (rather not ingame cuz bots owners gonna wote it's bad thing, and every player have forum acc) inquiry/pool about it.

1 hour ago, Phorni said:

@meerkat um so if ur friend irl buys gold then he helps u buy giving you some both you and your friend should get banned or just your friend?

since if it's just your friend who gets banned then people can make another account buy money with that account and give some to their main account XD 

Your friend gets flushed.  And the gold gets destroyed.

Just perform behavioural analysis.  A character that interacts with a lot of other known bots or only with one other character?  Probably a bot or handler.  An account with one character that just barely meets the requirements for trading?  Probably a mule.  Not too hard.

1 hour ago, Phorni said:

True.  But you can create a game design where there is less incentive/motivation to be a buyer. (edit: and, of course, punish buyers)

2 hours ago, Meerkat said:

And let's be clear.  Shit's not retroactive.  That would be retarded.  NCSoft says, "starting 2016, March 1, if you buy ingame stuff with real money from a third party, we flush your account."

Why not retroactive?  It's been in the ToS that RMT is a bannable offense all along.  If you want people to obey rules, the first step is to actually try to enforce them.

There are tons of people complaining about the retarded amount of bots in the game at the moment, go to any cross servers dungeon, arena, field boss or faction dailies and it's really easy to check that this is true , not to mention mining (bots basically control the market of moonwater quartz)
I think a "we know" is just not good enough.This is going to kill the game if its keep going.

Today I logged in right after the maintenance and went to Misty Woods to do my faction dailies, there was 6 destroyers bots in my faction tent each one of them dressed the same way with the same gear (profane) and with names like "LPFWEWA" and shit the six of them headed in to the camp to do the dailies at the same time.

After that I went to the other faction tent do kill Waido there was 6 bots of the other faction they respawned and headed directly into the place where you complete the dailies.Players killed the bots but they just respawned and went back again and again.

Cmon guys it can't be that hard to do something if the bots are so blatantly obvious and abundant.

Even crafting isn't going to be worth soon because the crazy amount of materials they farm.

Hi my name is Tora, I really love mmorpgs and BNS falls into my favorites as I like fighting games. To get rid of the bots we have to make sure they get hindered from doing anything. Me and a friend notice that all the bots have problems moving over complicated objects as mountains and some hills in-game. To prevent bots from farming make a timer that makes you fill out a captcha every hour and when you first time log in and start it 5 min after login, if the person fails to fill it you get immidiatly disconnected. This will hinder the bots at farming right away. I have seen this work in other korean MMos. We had no issue with bots anymore and we had more people joining the game. Sorry for my cancerous English. 

NCsoft staff might take a look on this idea and people on this forum come with your opinion

9 minutes ago, Toragos said:

Hi my name is Tora, I really love mmorpgs and BNS falls into my favorites as I like fighting games. To get rid of the bots we have to make sure they get hindered from doing anything. Me and a friend notice that all the bots have problems moving over complicated objects as mountains and some hills in-game. To prevent bots from farming make a timer that makes you fill out a captcha every hour and when you first time log in and start it 5 min after login, if the person fails to fill it you get immidiatly disconnected. This will hinder the bots at farming right away. I have seen this work in other korean MMos. We had no issue with bots anymore and we had more people joining the game. Sorry for my cancerous English. 

NCsoft staff might take a look on this idea and people on this forum come with your opinion

Hey Toragos,

Thank you for the idea! We are aware of the bot problem and are actively taking measures against them. I like the idea of the captcha and will forward this to our internal team. Your English is actually great, thank you!

Archived