This game is perfect for CASUALS and hardcore players.

Nogueira

It's simple:

Casual? True profane + Awakened Infernal accessories = more than enough to clear ANY content in the game.

Will cost you at MAX 50g. It's completely doable playing ~2 hours/day, 50g is nothing, believe me.

Don't forget this is an MMO, takes TIME to achieve stats.

Hardcore? Well, takes a lot of time to reach True Pirate, which not all casuals will reach that level as fast as a hardcore player.

A casual guy from my clan have almost 450 atack + 58%crit chance, he plays 3~4hours/day, have a job and IRL stuff to do. But he learned how to play the market to make lots of gold from crafting, so he's playing time was actually not farming dailies at all. But it's completely doable.

While I agree with you, in that the game's good for both casuals and hardcores (if they ever fix the relevant problems like bots and lag), I hate to know what is hardcore if 3-4hrs is casual.  That's moderate to hardcore at the least for me.

4 hours ago, Nogueira said:

It's simple:

Casual? True profane + Awakened Infernal accessories = more than enough to clear ANY content in the game.

Will cost you at MAX 50g. It's completely doable playing ~2 hours/day, 50g is nothing, believe me.

Hardcore? Well, takes a lot of time to reach True Pirate, which not all casuals will reach that level as fast as a hardcore player.

A casual guy from my clan have almost 450 atack + 58%crit chance, he plays 3~4hours/day, have a job and IRL stuff to do. But he learned how to play the market to make lots of gold from crafting, so he's playing time was actually not farming dailies at all. But it's completely doable.

I'd have to disagree.  Casuals aren't big on hamster wheels, so won't have the gold needed for True Profane.  And I'd also have to argue that casuals aren't typically into crafting that much either.

And, as others have pointed out, 3-4hours/day isn't casual.  6-8-hours/week (mostly on weekends) is casual.

if u do poh24 every day you'll get like 8g a day by playing 30 min. if u need 100g for ur weapon it will take 12 days to get, which isnt very long with 30 min playtime per day. if u think about lol rankeds u have to use ur time like crazy per day if u wanna get higher ranks and the ip amount you get is very low.

its not like its a bad thing you have to do little work for progress in the game. and what would the hardcore players do if everything would be designed for casuals and hardcores are done in 1 day through the whole game. and i think hardcores bring the money to the table.

4 hours ago, Nogueira said:

It's simple:

While i agree, casual is more like 5-7 hours a week. But people who have less time usally have other goals, like reaching max level and some arena to get to gold at some point or just explore the world. The people who claim to be casual and playing on a regualr daylie base just want stuff easyier.

So I don't understand why some people complain they can't reach the last weapon because as a casual you don't make a lot of gold...

Well, to reach True Pirate for a casual will take way more time than someone that plays 12 hours/day and has no job.

People just want to complain, not really thinking about things.

Alittle off topic but,..Personally I dont think the hours you put in, reflect how hardcore you are or not.  More to how addicted you are to the game.

When I use to play 8+hours a day when I was younger, I was still casually  doing missions, and socializing. My friend played about 4 hours a day and he used every hour productively.

Playing 8-9h a day really is no life. Given a normal job with 9h and normal sleep with 8h it barely fits (=25h/day). I don't see time for doing chores, social life/family, food or even hygiene.

As I am apparently the only casual here, I'll tell you that it goes like 2h per day, but not every day. Keep in mind that casuals often spread their interests, so e.g. I'm also going 3x/week to the gym. Even on weekends it could be less as usually the weekend is reserved for the family.

So even 10g for the profane weapon is quite something and I decided that the infernal weapon is the limit for me. Of course it feels bad as I apparently do the lowest damage with my lvl 36 weapon and the insignia soul shield. So, I wouldn't call BnS "casual-friendly". No.

7 minutes ago, Celestine said:

Playing 8-9h a day really is no life. Given a normal job with 9h and normal sleep with 8h it barely fits (=25h/day). I don't see time for doing chores, social life/family, food or even hygiene.

As I am apparently the only casual here, I'll tell you that it goes like 2h per day, but not every day. Keep in mind that casuals often spread their interests, so e.g. I'm also going 3x/week to the gym. Even on weekends it could be less as usually the weekend is reserved for the family.

So even 10g for the profane weapon is quite something and I decided that the infernal weapon is the limit for me. Of course it feels bad as I apparently do the lowest damage with my lvl 36 weapon and the insignia soul shield. So, I wouldn't call BnS "casual-friendly". No.

I respect that you have other things taking up you're time, but at 45 if you do just the 2 24 mans worth of dailies (like an hour or so to do) plus the 15 mins that misty woods soulstone dailies take, you make ~10g not counting the cost of the soulstones on the market. Is it fun to log on and do the exact same thing every day? It can get tedious. But the tools are there for people who play casually to make a steady income.

I mean, even if you only do BSH24 man/misty woods every day you could have true profane in.....maybe 4-5 days tops counting having to buy the transform stones for it etc.

A lot of people don't seem to realize that as a basic income, the dailies add up to quite  bit given how long they take. The upside being that running them in a group may shave 5-10 minutes off the total time, but you can just as easily run in solo and do them fairly quickly.

:-)

Keep in mind that a casual lacks not only time but in the first place knowledge. I was a progress player once in WoW classic. Now as a casual, I barely look up correct skill points and rotation. Also I'm not giving in the motivation to understand everything and of course I lack the efficency and fighting skill. 

I also can't afford to play e.g. half an hour at a stretch due to real life factors like family, dinner or whatever.

---

The limit for me is still the ingame baseline. You level up and get provided with the materials needed. The serpent bell with 15s was hard enough for me. And we all leveled our first character with infernal to lvl 45 as no one of us had 10g with lvl 40 (or whenever you met Hujikar). This is where the linear progression of the game breaks into exponential and pushes the time/money investment. And this is where I set the limit. Even if i'd get 7g MTS, 2.5g transformation and the rest, true profane (5 MTS per accessoire) is far out of reach.

But that may not be grave as I don't think that NCsoft gets most of their money from casuals like Tera. I think NCsoft rather focuses on big whales and hardcore players, monetarization-wise.

You can still get alot of dailys done even if you "have a life"

Both 1 hour each and take a break after (Do it in the morning if you want it done faster)

Fleet Supply Chain

Nightshade Harbor

45 minutes ~ 1 hour  and take a break after

1 Purple dungeon

4 Blue dungeons

Zone Dailys (Optional or skip)

Lilystalk Tradepost

Fishbelly Pub (recommended if you're aiming for the Merrymaker title)

Spirit's Rest

Skyhaven Perch & The Watchtowers

Enjoy your 11 ~ 15 gold once its all done

31 minutes ago, Celestine said:

:-)

Keep in mind that a casual lacks not only time but in the first place knowledge. I was a progress player once in WoW classic. Now as a casual, I barely look up correct skill points and rotation. Also I'm not giving in the motivation to understand everything and of course I lack the efficency and fighting skill. 

I also can't afford to play e.g. half an hour at a stretch due to real life factors like family, dinner or whatever.

---

The limit for me is still the ingame baseline. You level up and get provided with the materials needed. The serpent bell with 15s was hard enough for me. And we all leveled our first character with infernal to lvl 45 as no one of us had 10g with lvl 40 (or whenever you met Hujikar). This is where the linear progression of the game breaks into exponential and pushes the time/money investment. And this is where I set the limit. Even if i'd get 7g MTS, 2.5g transformation and the rest, true profane (5 MTS per accessoire) is far out of reach.

But that may not be grave as I don't think that NCsoft gets most of their money from casuals like Tera. I think NCsoft rather focuses on big whales and hardcore players, monetarization-wise.

Even when I only play games casually I still like to know what I'm doing. If you play a game (or do any other activity really) for any length of time and don't bother to learn the right way to do it, you take that limited time you have and use it doing 1-2 things vs 3-4.

Also, the true infernal needing 5 stones is going UP from true infernal, not getting to it. the entire point of whats been said is that there is no reason you cannot play this game casually and have true profrane. For the record there is no true profane for accessories, they skip that and go to siren. True profane only exists for weapons, and is cheaper to reach from infernal by FAR than upgrading one accessory. Once you start going to Siren class items the grind becomes extremely apparent. But as has been mentioned it isn't required for any current content, and so as far as a casual perspective is concerned, is not needed in any way shape or form.

Edit: When I say take you're time to learn to do it, I count playing or engaging in an activity as a learning experience itself. Sure, the first few days you won't know what you have to do, but figuring it out shows you just how much more you can do in the same time span.

11 minutes ago, Fallast said:

But as has been mentioned it isn't required for any current content, and so as far as a casual perspective is concerned, is not needed in any way shape or form.

Can mushin 7th be done with True profane and infernal accesories? (or as a KFM at least)

Archived