Swordman's hat (Junghado 7f moral support)

Myrcaella

Hey everyone!
I'm opening this topic cause i didn't find it anywhere here in the forum.

As the title says i just need moral support about that item. 
I ran the tower more than 70 times and he dropped me 3 costumes so far. Anyone else experiencing this situation? 
Im really frustrated about this, at the end is just a piece of costume, its not gonna benefit me in any way, but i just would like to have it.
I rode about guys who ran the tower more than 200+ times and still didn't get the hat. On the opposite side, someother guy dropped it in 1, 2 runs. 
It is deeply unfair in my opinion, and so i wonder if devs could fix that drop rate. 

yeah, I think this games drop rates are down right ridiculous. I have downed F7 many times and still can't get it to drop.

Right now I'm running 4man poh every day all day and still can't get the outfit or the eyepatch. and I'm gettig reanlly mad. no joke 4 days now. every day all day. running 4-man poh and can't get either or to drop. I don't know if this game is going to be worth my time. like I think I'm done. I hear people say they got it within 5 or 6 runs.and I see people with the full set. but I cant get it to drop at all.

I haven't ran 7F 70 times but I can cleared it many times and got the costume 2 times. Iv ran 4man poh 62 times. the drop rates in this game are starting to turn into a huge joke. I get they want some things to be rare or be seen with a higher value. but when you spend 4 days straight. and you see people with an entire set that has done it in 1/3 the time. it does make one mad.

I don't know what stance Ncsoft are taking to this, but I view these outfit as mounts in world of warcraft. The mount has a ridiculous low drop chance, however they get the status of unique feeling because there are only so much of  the player base that has the item. 

Like people that grinded their minds out of Inifinite Challenge, or any other outfits.

In my opinion it's these endless grind for something unique that makes a game mmorpg. You spent your time and dedication on something that could possible obtained.

Could be worse... in runescape when they added pets for bosses.... drop rate rate was basically 1/4000, yet some people obtained them on their first boss kill ever, while others who've had 3000+ kills prior to the patch still took 2000+ kills to obtain it.

Developers did implement a drop rate inscrease by 50% after hitting a certain amount of kills. Still it only went down to 1/2000.

My suggestion to ncsoft because this game does have a different drop rate then the other bns... is to add a little passive to achievements that when you break a 10/100/1000 kill, the rates of drops go up.

OR premium can add a second reward chest for completing so it could be like 2 rolls in one kill.

There are many fair ways to go about compensating for the lower drop rate that the devs gave us.

For me I'm at 142 kills on junghado

Outfit obtained on kill # : 69, 98, 104, 129, 141 keeping track is the only way to stay sane.

Hat obtained : Not yet I still have poop luck.

On 2/24/2016 at 6:12 AM, Deathwish said:

yeah, I think this games drop rates are down right ridiculous. I have downed F7 many times and still can't get it to drop.

Right now I'm running 4man poh every day all day and still can't get the outfit or the eyepatch. and I'm gettig reanlly mad. no joke 4 days now. every day all day. running 4-man poh and can't get either or to drop. I don't know if this game is going to be worth my time. like I think I'm done. I hear people say they got it within 5 or 6 runs.and I see people with the full set. but I cant get it to drop at all.

I haven't ran 7F 70 times but I can cleared it many times and got the costume 2 times. Iv ran 4man poh 62 times. the drop rates in this game are starting to turn into a huge joke. I get they want some things to be rare or be seen with a higher value. but when you spend 4 days straight. and you see people with an entire set that has done it in 1/3 the time. it does make one mad.

It took me 32 runs to get the whole outfit. The hair dropped twice - I was outbid the first time. I saw *three eyepatches (another one later on, I think), one pirate and two general costumes. Closer to 40, I finally saw chef hat.

I came across someone who purportedly ran 80 times without getting the hair. That player was freaking the fk out.

The best advice for mantaining your sanity while farming for the hat (or any other cosmetic piece in the game) is this: don't. Do not aim to farm them. The drop rates are very low, to the point that I do not think it matters if you run the content 1, 10, or 100 times. The best way to tackle that is to just take it slowly, do the related dailies once and call it a day. See the outfits not as a goal but as a bonus for doing whatever it is you are currently doing. That way you will keep your sanity and won't become frustrated with the game until you ragequit.

Which is hilarious when you consider that this game's main drive is acquiring outfits. Yet it's tied to pure luck and not to your actual skill. And no, because someone always tries to say this, it is not a matter of commitment. If it was, people wouldn't be able to get it by chance on the very first run, before they have had a chance to show the game or anyone that they are commited to acquiring that outfit (or to the game itself).

So yeah, basically: don't farm cosmetics. You'll become mad!

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, AngleofDeth said:

Yup, I've done over a hundred runs and no freaking hat. 2 outfits and 2 honorary coins.

At at least let us turn in the warrior tokens for a hat. iirc another server has that option.

Yeah! I totally agree with this cause I have done 157 runs now farming this Guy non-stop wasting all my damn free time on this Hat :( and Junghado decides to drop 9 Outfits with 8 Honorary Coins and 0Hats =/ it's pissing me off! This RNG bullshit for Outfits has got to end...

You are not alone. I am around my 80th run, 5 outfits, 0 hats. One of my clan mates has killed Junghado more than 150 times, counteless outfits, 0 hats. Two other clan mates got the hat very quickly. My advice: don't waste your time running non stop for the hat, most probably you will just get very frustrated. I know of people that got it after 300-500 runs... and of people that got it on their first 2-5 runs. Personally I just do the daily, and always starting at 5th floor (the daily pays for the ticket and a bit more). If it drops, it drops. If it doesn't, it doesn't. I dont expect it anymore, but I made a habit of doing just one run before bed if I am not too tired, just in case. 

What I can assure you is that if it drops one day, that will be the last day my character sets a foot in Mushin's Tower, lol. 

In a nutshell: take it easy. I agree with other posters: things you really want tend to have a higher chance of happening when you dont chase after them. It's not maths, of course... just the way luck seems to work, if we can put it that way ^_^

Archived