Bad Community, why?

megaronus

Last toxic player i met in 3 man pvp:

Toxic player: WTF man get cancer how f'ing bad are you at playing KFM please uninstall the game!!111oneoneone ( i got tottaly slapped so he was sorta right xD )

Me: Is being a dick a hobby for you mate ? Else you can leave it till your back at work tomorrow thanks.

*silence* for a good 20 secs

Toxic player starts trippin again xD

We even ended up winning that match since the 3th silent teammate we had was too pro for our team and only said in the end "well guys calm down we all did good and pulled through gg". Golden match in my oppinion.

Selfknowledge is important though. I know i'm not good at PVP then again i will not be getting any better aswell when i "uninstall" the game. Allot of times when i get flamed i just go. 

I know

I know

I know

Anything else you still want to say that i already know ?

Getting a thick skin is a good idea in this game. Don't let the spitters/haters/toxic player ruin it for you. At some point you find likeminded people.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of the toxic people I've met in game are usually the ones who are low level/low geared who think they know everything despite me trying to help them get better with the game (usually I tell them how to do stuff in dungeon like luring Pigsty first boss instead of bumrushing to the shrooms). Outside of that, I think most of the toxicity I've seen is in forums....

On 24 February 2016 at 8:04 PM, Shadovvv said:
  • Gets insulted for telling someone their gear isn't optimal and suggest what to do with their gear.
  • People bid on items they can't use over a person who has immediate use for the item even if the person who needs it asks politely.
  • People demand bidding wars on poor people.
  • People slap bid prices on just to raise the bid, even if they don't need the item.
  • People say absolutely nothing during dungeons; it's like speaking to bots.
  • People refuse or ignore party up in open world for no reason and say nothing.
  • People rush ahead and leave me to die to mobs or firewall. I died not once, but TWICE to the boiling room in Bloodshade Harbor miniboss right before Admiral because two separate groups decided to rush and abandon me.
  • People resurrect after I pull them out of the firewall via Lotus of Escape, wasting our time when we manage to reset the boss and wait for them to come back.
  • Ganked in Faction dailies when I politely ask the opposing faction to stop, because I'm minding my own business and I don't have any murderous intent verses players.
  • Insults and bad jokes no one wants to hear even in faction chat.

Yeah... Honestly it feels tempting to join an oversea server. I hear they're more nicer and courteous than the merry NA bunch.

I have to agree with a lot of this. I have just started playing got a 27 summoner which I got bored of, and levelled a destroyer to 20 on Friday night. The community is pretty shitty, first five times I ran black ram no one said anything and just plowed through. Even had a destroyer bid war me on the cats head gear. He's now on ignore with his clan. Also for an M rated game, the cerulean chat after 9 pm turns into utter crap. Some of the chat on my server is pathetic.

i could not tell you what the problem is nor a solution, only time will tell. 

well most likely, bots /. glitchs / disconnects make players very bitter and quick to judge really, that and pvp communities tend to be abit more toxic, but then again so is gw2 and Tera and I experienced a much more friendly surroundings there.

Definitely not a f2p thing. Best communities I've ever been apart of were for f2p MMOs. Unfortunately the publishers were scum and once most of my guild left there was nothing to tie me down.

Think the main reason for all the hate and toxicity is, like others said, the pvp aspect. Other reasons include the M rating attracting immature people who shouldn't be playing like flies and the different types of people the game brings to one spot. I thought lalafell had a bad reputation in FF XIV. Thanks to getting all the "easy" classes on top of the standard hate for the small races, Lyn hate trumps others by far.

Best advice is find a good guild. Better yet, convince a friend to play. 

I have noticed this as well, though the community seems fine as long as you don´t wear your fraction uniform or do dungeons...

A lot of people are indeed toxic here and I have noticed ( and even my mates did ) that those aggressive players tend to chose the crimson faction. Don´t get me wrong. I have met a bunch of nice crimson members. Most notably people who minded their own business when doing faction quests or just wanted a nice little chat. However, I still mostly see crimsons attacking first ( even when someone is waaay under their level ). I haven´t seen anyone from the cerulean order do that excessively, or maybe just didn´t notice that ( I do not doubt that they attack first ).

When I started off, I farmed the NPC´s in Jadestone Village for the costume ( I was around lvl 20+). There were a couple of other people under my level, farming them with me and everything was going quite well. Then some lvl 45 BM comes and thinks its funny to just kill everyone. Of course I was pissed after she killed everyone 3 or 4 times, because in the end we didn´t harm anyone and just minded our own business. Funny enough she felt so strong and empowered by killing a bunch of low levels. This was the moment when I asked on of my friends to pop by with his BM ( lvl 42 ). Needless to say, she got completely destroyed ( even though she had like double his HP ). Long story short, she won a couple of times and called him a noob and then 5 people started bashing her - telling her that she is the bigger noob because she feels strong for killing low levels and completely loosing to someone under her level. It was rather funny, because she defended herself until the very end....until even other lvl 45´s joined in who had been watching and told her off. She called everyone a retard and left.

Just one example of toxic people. I´m not even gonna start on how people completely wiped the party yesterday, because me and my friend wore the Hongmoon outfit ( we were not undergeared at all, infact he was overgeared ). We laughed and it was all fun, because you could just feel them checking your gear to make sure you´re not undergeared xD.

I will not start on all the people who go running into the boss, die and call people retards xD

The most toxic community I have experienced was in S4League

The nicest was in Tera ( even though it was really unforgiving towards me cause I played a healer, blaming me for their incapability of using their evade skills and not waiting for the tank/healer/rest of the party )

In the end every community there are toxic players, in some more than in others. It saddens me that there are so many toxic players in BnS, mainly because it´s a fairly nice game.

1)This game is selfishly oriented. 
2)PvP Community, and no no matter how much you say to me there isn't a balance in classes, as for summoners main reason it's not balanced is because it's 2v1 how can you get balance in a 2v1 fight...

3)Bot/Spammer/Lag/DC's etc. They influence people. 

4)The so called world PvP in general is just a thing that creates cancer in all games. Especially here where there are boses you kill while being flaged for pvp.

I agree with you, I've noticed a decent amount of people in this game are quick to snap or have just plain poor attitudes. Sometimes in dungeons if your party dies on a boss or even clearing a mass amount of mobs there will be one or two people in the group who will insult the party, then leave quickly. I have also noticed in some dungeons like bsh you will get the ones who wait for someone to run into mobs, be unable to wall climb or continue and leave them to die-even after watching them try to revive, and die again -all while watching them and never attempting to help or giving them any polite advice. I personally try to always go back and help that person either clear mobs or show by example how to continue. 

As for pvp I have experienced this as well-now I'll be 100% honest I am NOT good at pvp. I probably have 3 times as many defeats as wins haha. I've heard so many mean things said to others and myself too though when we loose a tag match. Its like people sometimes forget they're actually talking to a person behind their computer screen, I mean would you really tell someone they're trash in real life if they weren't able to perform a specific task to their standard?  Without even trying to help? Crazy how PVP can be sometimes.

Before changing factions I was part of the Cerulean order where I experienced someone of my faction being downright nasty to a crimson who had jumped into our base- really wrong comments about her being Muslim (because she said she was) and then perverted comments about her lyn character. Meanwhile she used her dance emote Icon on her saying messed up things like "oh you probably like this". In the end when It happens to me personally and I am verbally attacked by another I brush it off and continue playing reminding myself they're simply not worth my time if I'm playing this game for fun. I think as friendly people alls we can really do is support those who are like us and continue to be helpful-I believe these actions attract more similar people and encourage people to do the same instead of stay silent/continue to be negative.

IMHO:

Part of the game and not Toxicity
1. Faction Wars - It's part of the mechanics. So if you do faction dailies expect to be PKed. I am only talking about Misty Woods. If you can't handle it, look for a party/clan/ask help from faction. This is an MMORPG after all.
2. Bidding Wars (Class Specific Weapon) - It is also part of the mechanics of the game. But my take here is, when a certain item for example a breakthrough weapon was placed on bid and you have a class on your party that specifically match the weapon, everyone should just pass. If there are two same classes, they need to deal it with themselves.
3. Bidding Wars (Mats, Soul Shields, Rares) - winner takes all, there is nothing morally wrong with that. Why? Because everyone need Mats, Soul Shields and Rares and you don't have any way to prove that they don't need it. Another option is you can ask politely to divide the loots. One person take this one, other take this one but if someone refuses to, it his/her right - that's why there is a bid.
4. PVP - you will lose no matter what.

TOXICITY

1. Forum Bashers - I don't know how to put a term. But these people answer/post with pure sarcasm and death wish for the person they respond to. They know everything including your mother's hobby because they won't hesitate to attack your whole family and your humanity with utter disrespect for entertainment.
2. Dungeon Zerg - Players who can't wait to zerg the boss causing to kill some if not all of the party members because of the flame barriers.
3. Dungeon Know it All, Won't Share - Players who doesn't take a moment to teach obvious newbies running a specific dungeon but instead would curse and slur.
4. Dungeon Snob - Players who don't communicate, especially in 24man dgns. It is hard to help out and lead a party if there is no communication especially in Poh and BSH.
5. Dungeon AFKers - Cmon men. Really? T.T 2-3 AFKs in a run. sad life.
6. Bots - I don't know if they are considered as part of the community but yeah, no explanation needed.

GOOD EXPERIENCES
1. Breakthrough Weapon - Never did I fight for a class specific weapon in a dungeon run. They always give it to me even a costume for my familiar.
2. Poh/BSH Completion - Never that I was abandoned by party in completing boss, mini boss and thrash mobs.
3. Strangers - 80% of the time, strangers stop by to respond when I am calling out a question.
4. Dungeon Tutorials - I was coached during big 4 runs with complete strangers. Also was coached during Poh24 run and 4/6 Poh run.
5. Haven't Receive any insult or discrimination even I main summoner.

NOTE
My experiences may vary from yours, but yeah, that's it.
Haven't been inconvenienced yet except for PVP Bots, Dungeon Bots and Dungeon AFKers. T.T

I see most toxcity here on the forums. Be it against "QQ"/complaints*, the disgusting amount of summoner hate (especially in deterogating terms à la scummoners) and if people don't agree with their personal view and standpoint.

As for the complaints/QQ threads with negative replies to it: I'm sure nobody wants to see the game they love being bashed, and surely not every complaint is written in well manners but the amount of people who outright belittle those disagreeing with them and their  comfort zone is not the right way to act either. I guess some people need the feeling of being superior than others in a video game (which is fine), and have to rub it in "everyone's" face at every opportunity possible.

It's as if those kind of negative representative individuals leave their manners in the cloackroom before entering and replying to a thread.

On 2/24/2016 at 4:12 PM, Avatari said:

I dont know about  that due i dont care if someone is angry or just be *cricket* anyway only thing that annoys me is idiocy of players. Everyone has to ask every same question 1000000x times in chat multiple times in day or just be completely incapable of using google / search tool

Avatari this is not idiocy and noone ask the same question more than once(twice if noone answer the 1st time).new ppl needs help.you start newbie.dont you ask something in chat that u didnt know?the chat exist for ppl to COMMUNICATE.But noone communicate in this game.And if someone answer is because he want to flame,sarc,disrespect others.

Everyone runs like a nitro robot to finish what he start and then blame NCsoft that he dont have anything to do next and hes boring when others want to go normal and enjoy game.

Many ppl missing the point of mmorpg games.

I miss the old parties that everyone enjoy play together and not that shit when someone take a sword in hes arms and believe that he is a god.you are not a god dude,you are the #45656488 player in the game.stop been rude and ACT like human.

I dont have anything with u bro i just use you threat for example :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Look... the internet is a toxic waste of bad communities everywhere.

Online games definitely has a super concentrated amount of these type of people.

Notice how I did not single out MMORPGs, because literally every online game I have played with a community has ALWAYS had toxic people I run into EVERY day.

That is the nature of internet and its ability to have users be anonymous.

Look.... NOBODY HERE will EVER get away from "toxicity" in a gaming community.

Video gaming is NOT an "intelligent" hobby. So you will get... well you know... that quality of people.

Have fun, stay positive!

7 minutes ago, HoleintheWall said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Look... the internet is a toxic waste of bad communities everywhere.

Online games definitely has a super concentrated amount of these type of people.

Notice how I did not single out MMORPGs, because literally every online game I have played with a community has ALWAYS had toxic people I run into EVERY day.

That is the nature of internet and its ability to have users be anonymous.

Look.... NOBODY HERE will EVER get away from "toxicity" in a gaming community.

Video gaming is NOT an "intelligent" hobby. So you will get... well you know... that quality of people.

Have fun, stay positive!

It's not like every game is a dark pit of hopelessness, decay and terror. PVE games that is ...

Just now, Rawrzory said:

It's not like every game is a dark pit of hopelessness, decay and terror. PVE games that is ...

Definitely not saying you will be joining a pit of darkness when deciding to choose online gaming as a hobby...

I am saying toxicity is in ALL gaming communities and will be experienced at some point of time while doing something relevant to that game/hobby.

I do not like to speak in absolutes, but I have yet to experience a non toxic community from an online video game yet :P   So I say "all"

Like in real life, there is good and bad shit everywhere... good can not exist without bad and bad can not exist without good... because without one of those variables, well it just becomes a paradox.

So as humans, we adapt. See it for what it is and make your own little world from it by finding those people who aren't toxic. Band up, and fkuc the rest. Because what is better than having that in-group in this situation?  ;)

Toxicity.. in MMO games are everywhere although your mileage may vary  per game.

The why it always makes me wonder, some root into frustration some just in anonymity of the person behind the screen.

Anonymity makes it easy to say things, which go inside with frustration about the game.

I play a lot of games from FPS to MMORPG there is not any of those games where the community is perfectly nice.

How do I deal well basically I ignore 99% of it.

When I make a clan or guild I keep an eye on my members, if I see any toxic behavior I warn them if they keep it up... kick

If your skin is not big enough sorry you just not clan/guild material for me.

If I encounter toxic behavior towards me the person ends up in my ignore list.

If that behavior is in the extreem I make a support ticket with screenshots and hope they deal with it (results may vary per company)

Myself I am not free of jackass behavior but I never whisper somebody from the start mostly it's in response depending on the game.

Sometimes it's with words, sometimes with actions example in WoW as a healer I let the group wipe if one of the party members is toxic.

In a other game I kick toxic member just before we win the mission.. yeah I am not nice against toxic behavior.

I will use game mechanics against them to punish toxic behavior.

On the other side I am a helpful person although not super social.

If I see a question I answer if I have the time.

Low levels If I see them in trouble I help.

I seldom make parties for quest if I see somebody on the same quest but if they party me up mostly I do not refuse (depends a bit on how far I am)

If I kill a mini boss at the end of a quest line  and a non party member misses the kill I stay and wait for the respawn to help them.

I never demand other players to have the perfect gear setup.

I never kick people if they are to low lvl for a dungeon, I will advice them or just hope we have enough dps to get through it. (they die a lot mostly)

So atm what is my idea of BnS well because it's so toxic most of the time I have done no recruiting for my clan, except for friends.

Besides the frustrations, mostly because of the lag and the non cooperative behavior of dungeon runs.

I don't even start about bots.

I am not even sure I stay in BnS.

Like I said I can deal with toxic behavior but I also look at the total package.

On 2/24/2016 at 0:26 PM, megaronus said:

Hey guys, I dont mean to flame or anything, this is just something that both I and some of my mates kept wondering, its about the BnS Community beeing very toxic (rude, incredibly fast to insult others, easy to irritate and so on) and no, im not talking about the PvP lobby, people lose,  get angry, I understand that, im talking in general.

I understand that people are people, no metter where you go you will always find good and bad ones, but ive been playing lots of MMOS and online games, and I have never met this many toxic players, and I just cant find a reason for that.

So I was wondering if someone has the answer, whats so "special" about BnS, that it has this toxic of a community?

I see it way  simpler, Threads like 

And many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many Other threads created every few minutes, but it seems like no one cares :)

So i guess players have a reason to be mad/rage about.

3 minutes ago, HoleintheWall said:

Definitely not saying you will be joining a pit of darkness when deciding to choose online gaming as a hobby...

I am saying toxicity is in ALL gaming communities and will be experienced at some point of time while doing something relevant to that game/hobby.

I do not like to speak in absolutes, but I have yet to experience a non toxic community from an online video game yet :P   So I say "all"

Like in real life, there is good and bad shit everywhere... good can not exist without bad and bad can not exist without good... because without one of those variables, well it just becomes a paradox.

So as humans, we adapt. See it for what it is and make your own little world from it by finding those people who aren't toxic. Band up, and fkuc the rest. Because what is better than having that in-group in this situation?  ;)

It IS indeed hard to find a 100% or even a 80% none toxic community. Well i have been in a few but those where like 1000 man (old games) or lower communties where people actually still know one another. Still i have too say that BnS has a very toxic one indeed. Too the point i'm doubting if i should wear a hazmat suit while playing this game. People arn't spitting venom, but throwing pure nuclear waste ... That said i have a thick hide, but it seems like finding a nice person here is like finding the gold painted needle in the haystack. 

1 minute ago, Rawrzory said:

It IS indeed hard to find a 100% or even a 80% none toxic community. Well i have been in a few but those where like 1000 man (old games) or lower communties where people actually still know one another. Still i have too say that BnS has a very toxic one indeed. Too the point i'm doubting if i should wear a hazmat suit while playing this game. People arn't spitting venom, but throwing pure nuclear waste ... That said i have a thick hide, but it seems like finding a nice person here is like finding the gold painted needle in the haystack. 

Also, keep in mind it is a HUGE NA thing to be this toxic. From my encounters with people playing these games in Japan or KR, you receive a hell of a lot less toxic interactions.

Asian culture has a much higher sense of honor and respect. Asian races are very "community" or "collectivist" oriented in contrast to NA's "individualistic" culture. This is why me and many others who play games within Asian servers you wont get NEAR as much troll and horrible gross comments as you do in NA servers.  You will hardly ever see some random fool switching the group to master loot to steal the loot or jack up the price on an item auction to fish for more gold, or afk in a group.

This is why we did not see any group member kick function or a different mechanic when it comes to changing loot rules. It simply hardly ever happens due their cultural standards.

Countries that have a much easier time with racial and ethnic identity tend to have much less problems in crime rates/*cricket* rates. There is a much more strong "in-group" mentality which has people work with each other instead of against each other.

If any of you reading this thinking how much of an idiot I sound like, you can look up many studies on Asian collectivist culture compared to NA's (or western cultures) individualistic culture. It's very eye opening to see what happens when many groups of people from different back grounds is brought together in an area. I will provide a link to one such article... there are plenty of these.

Anyway, the gist of what I am saying is that NA is too much in conflict with too many ideologies too many different beliefs... creates competition and creates an in-group vs out-group mentality WITHIN their same country. Maybe this is why shit never gets done or takes way too damn long huh?

FYI I am a white American, not asian... So I hope you see I have no reason to be bias for Asian cultures over NA culture :)

http://www.studentpulse.com/articles/385/effects-of-collectivistic-and-individualistic-cultures-on-imagination-inflation-in-eastern-and-western-cultures

On 2/24/2016 at 6:38 AM, ibase said:

i tell you why, because this is free to play. when ppl pay 60 usd /euro for a game they will behave different. Free 2 play games are attracting the missbeheaving and toxic trolls from deep out of the shadows.

its simple as that

I said this before more than once on this forum and got blasted by forum members and suspended for trolling. I dont think nc should change policy just for the sake of a few but I do believe if this game was p2p with a subscription of some sort this rotten community with passive aggressive man child trolls would not be what it is today. 

But that aside tho, I've recently been on other bns forums for EU/NA and I can tell you their community is shockingly different, for the better of course. So I think its not only the game being f2p encouraging grotesque personalities to infect its community but extremely poor moderation on their offical forums and lack of enforcement of punishments ingame as well.

On 2/24/2016 at 4:38 AM, ibase said:

i tell you why, because this is free to play. when ppl pay 60 usd /euro for a game they will behave different. Free 2 play games are attracting the missbeheaving and toxic trolls from deep out of the shadows.

its simple as that

Yep. this is the answer. The game is free, therefore all kinds of no lifes trolls & weirdos with nothing better to do can get on and waste more of their lives acting stupid on a game. Just in the same way its so easy for bots to keep flooding in cause there is no barrier of entry.

I said this before more than once on this forum and got blasted by forum members and suspended for trolling. I dont think nc should change policy just for the sake of a few but I do believe if this game was p2p with a subscription of some sort this rotten community with passive aggressive man child trolls would not be what it is today. 

But that aside tho, I've recently been on other bns forums for EU/NA and I can tell you their community is shockingly different, for the better of course. So I think its not only the game being f2p encouraging grotesque personalities to infect its community but extremely poor moderation on their offical forums and lack of enforcement of punishments ingame as well.

This too. no real punishments anywhere =/

10 minutes ago, HoleintheWall said:

Also, keep in mind it is a HUGE NA thing to be this toxic. From my encounters with people playing these games in Japan or KR, you receive a hell of a lot less toxic interactions.

Asian culture has a much higher sense of honor and respect. Asian races are very "community" or "collectivist" oriented in contrast to NA's "individualistic" culture. This is why me and many others who play games within Asian servers you wont get NEAR as much troll and horrible gross comments as you do in NA servers.  You will hardly ever see some random fool switching the group to master loot to steal the loot or jack up the price on an item auction to fish for more gold, or afk in a group.

I get flamed by this but not only NA, EU has the same problem besides of trying to copy some NA  things.

In regards to your Asian culture part yeah I totally agree here they have lot's more respect.

25 minutes ago, HoleintheWall said:

Allot of text.

Hmmm personally i don't know that much about asian countries (as in never been there myself), but from documentries i watched and museums i've been about south-korea and china in the time of mao this collective thinking has not always been for the better. I can personally say the eu country where i live people in general have respect for one another. Then again when i meet people here online from my own country it's always the worst of the worst somehow ...

I think asians do have higher grades of respect for one another, i do on the other hand do not believe they can speak their mind more freely then we can. I don't know whats better either way, but online if people could behave like asians that would be nice yeah.

Edit TL:DR 

Less of this: 

spi.jpg

And more of this:

maxresdefault.jpg

On 24.2.2016. at 0:38 PM, ibase said:

its simple as that

preach it!!!  thats why i was sad when i heard BnS gona be free to play game.it always happens in f2p games

Archived