Bad Community, why?

megaronus

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried out BnS TW... and man, their community is very different. They have almost none of the toxicity you see in NA or EU. Even if there are problematic players, they are almost always foreign players who are also playing on that server.

Oh and btw, in BnS TW you don't get pked if you're doing your faction dailies. They respectfully leave you alone even if you're just sittin' there collecting soulstones. How nice is that. (The ones who do pk you are...also foreign players lol.)

Lol.........when I saw this topic it sounded like yet another broken record?  Why?

Because 4058405804504805 other mmos have the same topic.  For example, BDO players have posted this on their forum.  Is this your first mmo lol?  For me at least, it sounds like a broken record like the 5 billion other things I hear such as:

• OMG Bots bots bots x company sux no GM eVA blah blah omG never Ban
  • Cash shop p2w
  • OmG no Content, game sux no Endgame just do dailies log off
  • X game coming out its way better than this go play its gonna be the best
  • X company sux, they do nothing nor care for the player
  • oMG game dyin, noone exist on server but me!  All guilds have left and I have population statistics for all servers!

Could go on and on, but why bother.  Its a broken record.  The only game that has been fun for me in life has been:

"Real Life"

Ever play it?  You have one life which is the fun part.  The other people in it can be very toxic and unfriendly and its definitely P2W.  Why do I have to pay 8 bux for  Large Fries and a 20 pc nugget at McDonalds when I should get it for free?  Definitely P2W elements there!  And did you see how rude they acted towards me?  Definitely very toxic! 

5 hours ago, Reyva said:

Lol.........when I saw this topic it sounded like yet another broken record?  Why?

Because 4058405804504805 other mmos have the same topic.  For example, BDO players have posted this on their forum.  Is this your first mmo lol?  For me at least, it sounds like a broken record like the 5 billion other things I hear such as:

• OMG Bots bots bots x company sux no GM eVA blah blah omG never Ban
  • Cash shop p2w
  • OmG no Content, game sux no Endgame just do dailies log off
  • X game coming out its way better than this go play its gonna be the best
  • X company sux, they do nothing nor care for the player
  • oMG game dyin, noone exist on server but me!  All guilds have left and I have population statistics for all servers!

Could go on and on, but why bother.  Its a broken record.  The only game that has been fun for me in life has been:

"Real Life"

Ever play it?  You have one life which is the fun part.  The other people in it can be very toxic and unfriendly and its definitely P2W.  Why do I have to pay 8 bux for  Large Fries and a 20 pc nugget at McDonalds when I should get it for free?  Definitely P2W elements there!  And did you see how rude they acted towards me?  Definitely very toxic! 

And here we have a perfect example of what this topic is talking about :)

Get real dude, you ever thought that maybe some people play games to have fun and to not have to deal with real life bullshit? Or are you truly incapable of any other thought, yes it's in all MMO's doesn't mean it must be encouraged. 

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 6:04 AM, Shadovvv said:
  • Gets insulted for telling someone their gear isn't optimal and suggest what to do with their gear.
  • People bid on items they can't use over a person who has immediate use for the item even if the person who needs it asks politely.
  • People demand bidding wars on poor people.
  • People slap bid prices on just to raise the bid, even if they don't need the item.
  • People say absolutely nothing during dungeons; it's like speaking to bots.
  • People refuse or ignore party up in open world for no reason and say nothing.
  • People rush ahead and leave me to die to mobs or firewall. I died not once, but TWICE to the boiling room in Bloodshade Harbor miniboss right before Admiral because two separate groups decided to rush and abandon me.
  • People resurrect after I pull them out of the firewall via Lotus of Escape, wasting our time when we manage to reset the boss and wait for them to come back.
  • Ganked in Faction dailies when I politely ask the opposing faction to stop, because I'm minding my own business and I don't have any murderous intent verses players.
  • Insults and bad jokes no one wants to hear even in faction chat.

Yeah... Honestly it feels tempting to join an oversea server. I hear they're more nicer and courteous than the merry NA bunch.

: People upgrade their gear as they can afford etc.  They don't need advice from anyone.

: How do you know an item can't be used?  all weapons and accessories are used for upgrading so everybody does need them.

: How can people force bidding wars on poor people?  Just like in real life if you cant afford you don't buy.

: As Above

: Totally agree that PUG groups don't tend to be chatty.

: Make sure you check that the person isn't already in a party.  OR like me they could miss the requests.

: Moral here is to just rush yourself, yeah shouldn't be that way but people worry about the couple of seconds you will slow them down.

: If people are stuck in the firewall then that means you rushed and didn't wait for them?

: Faction dailies are PVP and no opposing player is in the wrong by killing you.  If you don't like it then purchase your soulstones from the marketplace.

: Yep lots of bad jokes and insults and that is why I have my own chat tab WITHOUT Region/Faction on it.

The way I have combated most of this is by joining a guild and not just any guild but one where we all actually:

speak to one another

party with one another

do dailies together

do faction dailies together

So I guess the best thing you could do without resorting to moving to another overseas server is to find yourself a good guild :D

On 11/3/2016 at 7:22 AM, Koragg said:

And here we have a perfect example of what this topic is talking about :)

Get real dude, you ever thought that maybe some people play games to have fun and to not have to deal with real life bullshit? Or are you truly incapable of any other thought, yes it's in all MMO's doesn't mean it must be encouraged. 

Hehehe, nailed it indeed

• 1 year later...

People don't let me run dungeons with them because it's my first time running said dungeons. Or they start it and just all leave me there in a middle of a fight. Among other reasons that everyone else said on this thread. Hince I usually just play by myself. :-/

15 minutes ago, Mandre said:

People don't let me run dungeons with them because it's my first time running said dungeons. Or they start it and just all leave me there in a middle of a fight. Among other reasons that everyone else said on this thread. Hince I usually just play by myself. :-/

You cannot kick people from a group, that's why your party members keep abandoning you. Don't give up tho, not every party is like that. :)

Also, have a look at the Clan section of the forums or look/ask ingame and find yourself a nice one. There are still a lot of nice people playing BnS.

There are toxic members of any online community... and do you know why? Because it's an online community.

People hide behind their computer screens knowing full well that any consequences they could potentially suffer are minor at best. It lets them be as selfish, impatient, unreasonable and as cruel as possible. You could blame the "me first, me only" mentality of the world these days, but really, doucebags on the internet isn't really a new thing.

Simply put, because they're anonymous online, people feel they have the right to do whatever they want... so they default to being complete jerks.

On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 5:08 AM, Belly Da Melly said:

Hold on this doesnt end here, i know theres a problem right now with red faction being weak across all servers, im a red forever so im not leaving but heres the deal, whenever im on one of my alts in blue faction, everything goes so, so sooo smooth "safe/insignia channel?" - get immediate reply "party for boss/npc kills" - immediate pary the faction seems to be active at all times and the most important if you ask in /f for help because you get rekt in X channel, atleast someone could come
-r.

I have a theory on the red v. cer's.  The cers philosophy is an enlightened share-ocracry, OTOH, the red philosophy is power to the people -- but problem with that is that the people w/power would end up "running things", so in a system that puts power in the people -- isn't that a bit like "every person for themselves"?  Versus the blues who start with an attitude of "giving" to a (hopefully) smarter ruling body that can optimize the the resources they get.

So "inherently", the reds seem to more often be in to doing good for themselves -- which doesn't leave alot of room for caring, sharing and working together.  I.e. the crims might be less likely to work together because they believe in whoever are the strongest individuals, get the "soulstones".  In cerl groups, they might be more like the faction they are playing in that they are used to being less about the "self" and more about doing the best for the group.

That's purely my own theory on why, what is often a larger number of crims can't band together and push cerl's out of SSP -- they can't because they less frequently can get a large enough group of crim users to work together.

Comments?  Does it make sense?  (obviously in cases where someone runs an alt of opposite faction, they might be able to fit in "well" in either environment).

A*a

• Liinxy locked this topic

Archived