Bad Community, why?

megaronus

Hey guys, I dont mean to flame or anything, this is just something that both I and some of my mates kept wondering, its about the BnS Community beeing very toxic (rude, incredibly fast to insult others, easy to irritate and so on) and no, im not talking about the PvP lobby, people lose,  get angry, I understand that, im talking in general.

I understand that people are people, no metter where you go you will always find good and bad ones, but ive been playing lots of MMOS and online games, and I have never met this many toxic players, and I just cant find a reason for that.

So I was wondering if someone has the answer, whats so "special" about BnS, that it has this toxic of a community?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wish I knew the answer to that myself coz I been wondering that as well.

this game is really awesome but with its community...

unless you find yourself a nice friendly clan to hang out with.. it can get pretty nasty if you either solo or just wander around with your friends.

some days I log in and regret playing just coz of the community being so insulting and just making you feel like you're worthless piece of sh*** compared to them.. -.-

instead of being friendly and help each other, people here seems to love pwn each other to death even if you minding yourown business trying do your faction dailies just for the lolz o_o

I love pking but if the other guy is undergeared compared to me, or lower lv.. it kills the fun of it >.> (I like it when there's a challenge and not be just a mean bully)

so whenever I find a nice friendly player I hurry to add them to my friendlist as it seems these guys are rare :D

you should do the same *_*

i tell you why, because this is free to play. when ppl pay 60 usd /euro for a game they will behave different. Free 2 play games are attracting the missbeheaving and toxic trolls from deep out of the shadows.

its simple as that

52 minutes ago, PKaBoo said:

wish I knew the answer to that myself coz I been wondering that as well.

this game is really awesome but with its community...

unless you find yourself a nice friendly clan to hang out with.. it can get pretty nasty if you either solo or just wander around with your friends.

some days I log in and regret playing just coz of the community being so insulting and just making you feel like you're worthless piece of sh*** compared to them.. -.-

instead of being friendly and help each other, people here seems to love pwn each other to death even if you minding yourown business trying do your faction dailies just for the lolz o_o

I love pking but if the other guy is undergeared compared to me, or lower lv.. it kills the fun of it >.> (I like it when there's a challenge and not be just a mean bully)

so whenever I find a nice friendly player I hurry to add them to my friendlist as it seems these guys are rare :D

you should do the same *_*

Hehehe I relate to the pking. Well, guess its gonna stay a mystery :P

Beats me. I tend to avoid games that are mostly played by SE Asia players, because of how toxic the community is.  I always thought that I'd find a better community elsewhere, I thought wrong. It's pretty much the same, but on higher "level".

55 minutes ago, ibase said:

i tell you why, because this is free to play. when ppl pay 60 usd /euro for a game they will behave different. Free 2 play games are attracting the missbeheaving and toxic trolls from deep out of the shadows.

People love to blame F2P for any problems, it's just not true.

I played WoW from classic to cata and that had by far the worst community I've ever experienced (and I tried several different realms there).

The best communities I've experienced were Aura Kingdom & Tera which are both F2P.

WoW has the worst community from what I heard o_O 

f2p has nothin to do with it lol

some communities are worse than others and there's nothin you can do bout it, either ignore them arrogant pr1cks or try your luck in other game lol

I find myself on bns to actually solo a lot even thou I'm in a clan.. much less pressure even if they mean well o.o

I have almost all the crafts and gathering so I could make myown stuffies and help my friends get their gears upgraded and the main key on this game is to just stay close to your friends and avoid the rest if you really can't stand the "heat" :o if I wanna run a certain dungeon I ask my friends first if they wanna join, then my clan and if both are busy or don't wanna join for w/e reason it's pugging in and hope for the best lol

wish I knew why the community here is so toxic and like... giving no encouragement and good feedback to ncsoft even on the little things instead rant rant rant and complain bout every little thing... it gives them no motivation to do better for us :c

depend what you mean by toxic.

also , What are you doing to improve the community's behavior?

i mean, it is not always other's fault, and you and your friends are part of it.

in my little, i try to use properly the chat, when someone asks for bosses in /24, i try to group them when i can.

i salute ceruleans (im crimson) in misty, i like to chat instead of killing them (my bad) i let them questing, maybe expecting the same behaviour (low expectations but still someone is nice to me).

also, i try to post in the best construcitve way i can when someone write smart things.

what does community have to do more?

usually i see toxic answer to toxic thread/posts. which is not bad

A lot of it is "bait" behaviour too. Some people say it to get a rise out of others because it can be easy to get a response/reaction.

A prime example is calling someone a "weeabo". There are countless times I seen Faction chat blow up over this and the flame wars go on for hours.

Ive played lots of mmo and time-from-start tends to be a factor.

The newer free2play game, the more toxic it is. New game bugs/bots/problems fuel this rants additionally.

2-3 months will pass and some trolls and toxin spreaders will die.

Other thing - the easier the game, more toxic are players. In BnS there is no need to help and cooperate, so ppl dont gather in ingame 'societies'. 

Ive played lots of mmo and time-from-start tends to be a factor.

The newer free2play game, the more toxic it is. New game bugs/bots/problems fuel this rants additionally.

2-3 months will pass and some trolls and toxin spreaders will die.

Other thing - the easier the game, more toxic are players. In BnS there is no need to help and cooperate, so ppl dont gather in ingame 'societies'. 

2 hours ago, megaronus said:

Hey guys, I dont mean to flame or anything, this is just something that both I and some of my mates kept wondering, its about the BnS Community beeing very toxic (rude, incredibly fast to insult others, easy to irritate and so on) and no, im not talking about the PvP lobby, people lose,  get angry, I understand that, im talking in general.

I understand that people are people, no metter where you go you will always find good and bad ones, but ive been playing lots of MMOS and online games, and I have never met this many toxic players, and I just cant find a reason for that.

So I was wondering if someone has the answer, whats so "special" about BnS, that it has this toxic of a community?

Because the game is filled with angry 10yo's who can't handle it, its a VERY frustrating game pvp AND pve and you lose and things do not go your way, people dont look at it as a challenge to overcome but as a *cricket* this shit is too hard im the best so this needs nerf.

2 Days ago i go to faction chat and ask the question how summoners can spam sunflower really really fast, some random troll is like if youre scummoner you dont need to play well. So i end up saying that i dont pvp and hes like leave this game then. Guess what happened at that point? YES i burst in a rage of glory swearing left and right and blocking him after a minute of ranting, now listen im not one of those players, but if you insult me to the very core i play this game for, then you better be in for a shitstorm coming your way kid.

Hold on this doesnt end here, i know theres a problem right now with red faction being weak across all servers, im a red forever so im not leaving but heres the deal, whenever im on one of my alts in blue faction, everything goes so, so sooo smooth "safe/insignia channel?" - get immediate reply "party for boss/npc kills" - immediate pary the faction seems to be active at all times and the most important if you ask in /f for help because you get rekt in X channel, atleast someone could come

Now, on my main in the red faction, people grab faction boss and throw it to reset it, you ask for help they tell you to get better or take off ur uniform, it allways takes about half a hour up to even one hour to enter a safe channel for two reason one because nobody cares to tell you if there indeed is a safe channel and two because all channels are indeed swarmed with blues which no reds care to team up and claim a channel.

Look its true ive seen bad things happen in blue too and good things happen in red, but its overwhelmingly in blue's favor, when i think it should be the other way around since blues are a majority.

Wait it doesn't end here! I DO NOT know how clans are in blue or other clans in red, but for my clan i can only say its rather unfrendly, ive been trying to get moonwater tears from clan members since they do what u know you should not do or get a 24hrs ban tehee ( im not doing that i cant solo him ) so i end up having to negociate with them over this, first he offers me a good deal, the next day the price went up and later that day i give a fair offer and try to get ripped off by offering even more(trade for soulstones)

Now that aside its very inactive overall, theres literally just 3-4 maybe 5 people out of the 60 who talk and are active.

I dont know about  that due i dont care if someone is angry or just be *cricket* anyway only thing that annoys me is idiocy of players. Everyone has to ask every same question 1000000x times in chat multiple times in day or just be completely incapable of using google / search tool

I did so some research, and the only posts that I found were of  around summer of 2015, which said that you have to buy and use a mouse to zoom in and out on character creation. Since I don't want to do that for one game (not having this problem in any other game) I wanted to ask some advice.

I so relate. But it's not everyone, I guess. Like yesterday, I only needed Poharan left for my 24-man and this girl actually hopped between channels to help me find where she'd spawn sooner. It was really sweet of her. I'll say, however, this kind of behavior in this game (or even replying to you when you ask someone a question) is like finding a diamond. I'm not trying to be rude or anything towards anybody, but to me it seems to me that the great majority in this game is just plain self-absorved. I know, most online games do come with this kind of behavior but for some reason Blade & Soul is like a magnet for this kind of people.

My guess is that most of these people are just bored or frustrated with their own lives and like to take it out on people who have nothing to do with it. I got barked at once for trying to sell something in the region chat because I couldn't sell anything else for the day in the marketplace. I got randomly cursed at for doing faction dailies and defending myself (killing the opponent) when I was attacked. I've been called a D many times for withdrawing from an auction when someone tried to make me overpay for something. I can't really make friends in the game, I think I've only actually talked and had fun with 3 people since launch day and that's it, most squads will either completely ignore you or boss you around like you need all the cursing and attitude to learn and be like them. How hard is it to say "hey, could you please do this and that?" but instead these people go like "omg are you effing stupid? don't you know how to play?"

The same thing goes for these forums. Oh, you have problem with the game client or connection? Here, let me tell you how much your wooden computer sucks, how it's undoubtedly your faulty internet connection, how "I have had no issues with the game, it's your fault that you don't have a monster set up or overflowing money like I do". This is how people are sometimes, or at least how they sound/act like. It's like you can't have any issues, you can't ask for help, you can't be a newbie, you can't be lower than these people's standards, you can't be like this or like that, otherwise they'll prey on you and try to make you feel bad. And why? Because most of them are just bored and frustrated keyboard warriors, they see someone vunerable that could be start-a-fire-material, and boom, let the trolling, flaming and free cursing begin. You can't afford premium/subscription? "Maybe you should focus on how not to starve if you can't afford 12 bucks a month". You are posting/asking something that has been posted/asked before or that could be found within a minute or two of research? Here, let me tell you to go use Google and how lazy and stupid you are for not being like me and for not being self-sufficient enough to find what you're looking for.

Anyway, like I said, it's not everybody and it's certainly not just B&S. I do see (not often) nice people, fun people, people that will help or answer you, but it's really really really rare. I guess we have no other choice other than joining nice factions and keep doing what we do, even if some people don't deserve being treated "nice" when all they'll do is tell you to F off. And I'll say, too, that I've been like that (rude) once or twice in this game (guilty as charged!), and that's how much people pissed me off to the point I lost my cool, but I think we should just not let them get to us. They're like zombies, don't let them bite you.

Sorry for the long text, I just wanted to point out some of the things I see on a daily basis.

• Gets insulted for telling someone their gear isn't optimal and suggest what to do with their gear.
  • People bid on items they can't use over a person who has immediate use for the item even if the person who needs it asks politely.
  • People demand bidding wars on poor people.
  • People slap bid prices on just to raise the bid, even if they don't need the item.
  • People say absolutely nothing during dungeons; it's like speaking to bots.
  • People refuse or ignore party up in open world for no reason and say nothing.
  • People rush ahead and leave me to die to mobs or firewall. I died not once, but TWICE to the boiling room in Bloodshade Harbor miniboss right before Admiral because two separate groups decided to rush and abandon me.
  • People resurrect after I pull them out of the firewall via Lotus of Escape, wasting our time when we manage to reset the boss and wait for them to come back.
  • Ganked in Faction dailies when I politely ask the opposing faction to stop, because I'm minding my own business and I don't have any murderous intent verses players.
  • Insults and bad jokes no one wants to hear even in faction chat.

Yeah... Honestly it feels tempting to join an oversea server. I hear they're more nicer and courteous than the merry NA bunch.

Archived