MOUNTS

MikuPikachu

11 minutes ago, Sylvexis said:

Mounts? No. Hell no. 

Sell increased sprint speed, sure. 

Mounts? Hell no.

I find sprint speed fine but sprint time could be increase though. Even only an extra 5 seconds would be more satisfying. Probably only for a while, but it would anyway.

Even if people don't necessarily need them, there's no doubt in my mind that a large amount of players would purchase mounts if they were available in the cash shop. Why NCSoft has yet to implement them is beyond me but if I were to take a guess, it's just not a suggestion they're willing to throw their time and money into. The demand for mounts is simply not enough to warrant their attention. 

50 minutes ago, IggyZecrow said:

Even if people don't necessarily need them, there's no doubt in my mind that a large amount of players would purchase mounts if they were available in the cash shop. Why NCSoft has yet to implement them is beyond me but if I were to take a guess, it's just not a suggestion they're willing to throw their time and money into. The demand for mounts is simply not enough to warrant their attention. 

You assume too much. You talk about mounts like they're expected to be in every MMO that gets released, which leads you on to your statement about it being "beyond you".

Anyways, NC has chosen not to put them in because they simply don't belong in the game and would break immersion.

This is important for the masses of people who buy in to the product, and helps with retention too. 

It took Funcom God-knows-how-long to work around this design issue with The Secret World. 

It's just not meant to be, and like you said, they have more pressing issues first. Then they'll have better things to spend their resources on, before they even consider getting to things like this.

5 hours ago, Sylvexis said:

You assume too much. You talk about mounts like they're expected to be in every MMO that gets released, which leads you on to your statement about it being "beyond you".

Anyways, NC has chosen not to put them in because they simply don't belong in the game and would break immersion.

This is important for the masses of people who buy in to the product, and helps with retention too. 

It took Funcom God-knows-how-long to work around this design issue with The Secret World. 

It's just not meant to be, and like you said, they have more pressing issues first. Then they'll have better things to spend their resources on, before they even consider getting to things like this.

When I said "beyond me" I didn't intend for you to take it as in "why doesn't NCSoft implement mounts". I used the wrong choice of words. 

why do you people only run for WOW as an escape ?

Even MU had mounts , Lineage , Aion had mounts ..  leave us alone with the WOW mount .. never played it... but you dont see me biching about the other games that I played... jeez wow players.. take a chill pill.

Only if they'd be ridiculously hard/near impossible to obtain (like 0.0001%).
Due to glides, mounts are pointless as transportation.
But argue 'cosmetics', they become ugly and tiring to see after some time as soon as everyone has that mount. They'd just look like clutter in towns.

Archived