Jump to content
Forums

Bid Scamming Awareness


oskki

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, so i wanna do a quick topic about Bid scammers , I've been basically scammed by bidding the junk items rapidly pressing bid and then someone put down 1 gold for it which cost 6 silver on action house.. so don't get pulled like that I hope you know what i mean. Have fun !

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oskki said:

Hi guys, so i wanna do a quick topic about Bid scammers , I've been basically scammed by bidding the junk items rapidly pressing bid and then someone put down 1 gold for it which cost 6 silver on action house.. so don't get pulled like that I hope you know what i mean. Have fun !

 

Dude, That's not bid scamming. That's You pressing bid rapidly.

 

Next time, don't spam the button. And here's another good tips. You can cancel that bid by leaving dungeon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Generally.. dont spamm. If the price isnt going up fast enough, enter a higher price manually. Never spamm.

 

But since this can still happen when you dont spamm (higher risk for the person putting in high gold tho), ncsoft should do something. Like make us able to revert a bid. Nobody should complain, after all they all bidded on something, and if somebody doesnt want it for that amount anymore, he can also just undo it. 

Let the last person in row undo his bid. All problems fixed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got legitimately scammed yesterday, wish i had of known the item beforehand.

 

In Brightstone Ruins a recipe dropped, couple who were in the same guild said its the 30 gold recipe and started the bid at 10 gold. Convinced me that id make a profit if i bid, bid got up to 17 gold (All i had) and i won.....Well later i found out two recipes drop, one for 12 silver and one for 30 gold+. Those two were laughing all the way to the bank.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sililos said:

I got legitimately scammed yesterday, wish i had of known the item beforehand.

 

In Brightstone Ruins a recipe dropped, couple who were in the same guild said its the 30 gold recipe and started the bid at 10 gold. Convinced me that id make a profit if i bid, bid got up to 17 gold (All i had) and i won.....Well later i found out two recipes drop, one for 12 silver and one for 30 gold+. Those two were laughing all the way to the bank.

 

Now THIS. THIS is indeed a scamming bid. LOL.

 

Yeah, some people tried to pull this one over me too. :D it was a silver cauldron recipe, luckily I got suspicious, since other people didn't seems to be that excited. so i didn't bid and didn;t get trapped.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding the ability to revert a bid is a horrible idea, it just means people can bid you up without any risk.  If anything they need to remove the current exploit.

 

Anyways, as to the problem at hand, I've suggested this before, but basically any time somebody raises a bid by more than the minimum amount it should put a half-second lockout or so before anybody can raise by the minimum amount.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cross-Dungeon: Leave Party/Take Portal/Portal to Next Zone

Normal Dungeon: Take Portal/Portal to Next Zone

you will cancel your current auction, losing it, but you won't lose the gold.

And yes, its scamming, we should need a "Cancel Last Bid" Button but we will never have it and people should stop sugar coating scumbag behaviors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sililos said:

I got legitimately scammed yesterday, wish i had of known the item beforehand.

 

In Brightstone Ruins a recipe dropped, couple who were in the same guild said its the 30 gold recipe and started the bid at 10 gold. Convinced me that id make a profit if i bid, bid got up to 17 gold (All i had) and i won.....Well later i found out two recipes drop, one for 12 silver and one for 30 gold+. Those two were laughing all the way to the bank.

I can understand people doing this to total strangers, but to a fellow guildmate...?? O.o" That's effed up, man. Sorry for your loss.

 

Oh, I misread. I thought they were in the same guild as you. Still, that doesn't make things any better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rief said:

 

Now THIS. THIS is indeed a scamming bid. LOL.

 

Yeah, some people tried to pull this one over me too. :D it was a silver cauldron recipe, luckily I got suspicious, since other people didn't seems to be that excited. so i didn't bid and didn;t get trapped.

Well both the recipes are Merry Potters recipes, the 12s and 30+ gold one so easy mistake i guess if you dont know the difference in the name between the two.

Link to post
Share on other sites


 

2 minutes ago, Yulyeong said:

I can understand people doing this to total strangers, but to a fellow guildmate...?? O.o" That's effed up, man. Sorry for your loss.

 

Not to guildmate. The culprit is a couple who were in the same guild. Two person started saying "OMG we were lucky, this thing cost 50G", "Really ? I gonna open bid 10G for It", " I Gonna bid 12G", Etc. They both in the same guild.

 

The gullible naive victim is a stranger.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ouch sililos :/ that's lots of gold right there i feel so bad losing 1 gold for nothing but 30? , im sure ncsoft have to revise the bids even tho u were kinda different scam right there just have to think what u really doing i guees.. but atleast i learned something new for myself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I made a bank on moonwater tears the other day. The copper upgrade kept rising quickly and came to a drastic halt when someone bid 26G.  Thankfully I was poor and could not even afford that otherwise I would be out a lot of money. After that run, I was 5G richer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skyfire said:

I made a bank on moonwater tears the other day. The copper upgrade kept rising quickly and came to a drastic halt when someone bid 26G.  Thankfully I was poor and could not even afford that otherwise I would be out a lot of money. After that run, I was 5G richer.

 

*laugh* That must have been really epic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to say thanks for the wonderful runs into tomb of exiles.Some people were bidding big time on blue gear so i end up with a nice amount of coin and my infernal weapon, ring, earring,necklace and some materials for breakthrough.Oh and contrary to a lot of people posting on the forums there wasn't not even 1 leecher on any of the runs.The only bad thing that happen once is 1 guy try to stealth us to jump over some mobs and many of us died try to follow him that run was very short.All the other runs were very good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps a cooldown of 1-2 secs after a custom bid would help. Clearly bid exploitation is a terrible thing to do, especially when they rarely risk their own coin. Some defend it, but come on. You're telling me that it's fine for a warning to pop up for salvaging crappy blue soul shield pieces, but instantly bidding without warning is ok even when abused? When there's so many safeguards for everything else, there should be some sort of safeguard against this. At minimum exploiters should be forced to pay.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks stop blaming ncsoft for own stupidity and greed.

 

No scam ever would work if not greed of victim. So use brains a bit more.

 

For eg. that "Cancel last" bit button would make more harm than good. With it i could bid 20gold on junk, see if somebody else who is spamming copper outbids me, then cancel last bit if nobody got caught.

 

Imagine whining and laments if ncsoft did it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tip: Delete the bid amount and manually input what you're willing to pay, that way you won't accidentally bid an amount you didn't intend on.

 

I also complete the daily before making my bid so that if I do end up bidding an incorrect amount I can just leave party before the bid time expires and not worry about the gold loss (you need to be quick because the bid will also end if everyone else passes).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Primula said:

Tip: Delete the bid amount and manually input what you're willing to pay, that way you won't accidentally bid an amount you didn't intend on.

 

I also complete the daily before making my bid so that if I do end up bidding an incorrect amount I can just leave party before the bid time expires and not worry about the gold loss (you need to be quick because the bid will also end if everyone else passes).

 

^This.

 

This is the best tip. Don't blindy spam button, input the amount you're willing to spend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Primula said:

Tip: Delete the bid amount and manually input what you're willing to pay, that way you won't accidentally bid an amount you didn't intend on.

 

I also complete the daily before making my bid so that if I do end up bidding an incorrect amount I can just leave party before the bid time expires and not worry about the gold loss (you need to be quick because the bid will also end if everyone else passes).

 

^

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think this needs to be changed at all. Like others said, don't spam the crap out of the button. They have a lot more important things to fix or change with F8 groups like being able to kick the ones that decide to afk the whole time and do nothing.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

^This

 

Please guys, there are much more important problems in the game than this one, which is partly the fault of the "victims" to begin with. The bid system is not a contest to see who is the fastest clicker of the group, so spamming bids is pointless.

 

Sure those who try to profit from the situation are scumbags, but not all problems you encounter in the game are to be fixed by the devs. Just change your behavior and it will never happen (again), even without a patch!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...