Outfit pouch.

stormmie

I am completely taken aback. This transmutation for an outfit pouch system is corrupt, and it is a scam. I just had one fail, I didn't know it could fail, I didn't go to an announcement post from December 23, 2015 ( http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/gems-and-transmutation/) )  And then scroll down the page. I guess its my fault for not thinking something that takes Forty United States Dollars worth of outfits to craft, could fail.  

That bring me to the topic. This post is so that hopefully others will read it and know transmuting an outfit pouch could fail. Maybe they haven't seen the post from December 23.  The other reason is to see if anyone here has gotten an outfit pouch, how many have they gotten? How many have failed? And did they know it could fail at the time they tried to get one?  With this information we can figure out what kind of odds an outfit pouch has at failing, or being successful. It seems like pertinent information, considering the pouch cost tons of real money. Either way, this scam has ruined the game for me.

Pretty sure there have been quite a few other more recent posts on the forums warning people about the scam that is outfit pouch transmutation.  That said, I tested it a bit during Beta.  IIRC I went either 2/4 or 2/5.  (I know I succeeded twice, can't remember if I got enough mats on all 5 of my characters or just on 4 of them.  (They were giving out choice of x-mas outfit or accessories once per day, and the outfits could be salvaged for the mats.  Once I realized this I went for the salvageble stuff specifically to test this.)

2 minutes ago, GnatB said:

Pretty sure there have been quite a few other more recent posts on the forums warning people about the scam that is outfit pouch transmutation.  That said, I tested it a bit during Beta.  IIRC I went either 2/4 or 2/5.  (I know I succeeded twice, can't remember if I got enough mats on all 5 of my characters or just on 4 of them.  (They were giving out choice of x-mas outfit or accessories once per day, and the outfits could be salvaged for the mats.  Once I realized this I went for the salvageble stuff specifically to test this.)

So chance of success is 20%-25% ?

Yea, my first try failed but 2nd time it worked but only got Highborn

So I made 2 high pouch 1 fail 1 gave Highborn

I made 2 of the cheaper pouch both worked but got Moonlight both times

Yes I knew it could fail but I was told by guildies

2 minutes ago, GayJay said:

Yea, my first try failed but 2nd time it worked but only got Highborn

Congrats. *shrug* Highborn is blue instead of purple. But, IMO, it's one of the best looking outfit for female char.

Actually consider yourself lucky if you got a fail. The super scam  part is that it has a chance to succeed and only give you one fabric instead of the outfit pouch. 

If you fail at least you keep all your fabrics. But on a normal success you lose all the materials for nothing. Such robbery , much shadyness by ncsoft. 

They can do something about it, like make it clear in the menu with a tool tip or something that states the risk of loss from a success.  And this absolutely needs to be fixed. As it is now it really just scams unsuspecting players of their money. 

The company knew of this and didn't fix it, scam way of stealing money. 

10 minutes ago, Catroot said:

They can do something about it, like make it clear in the menu with a tool tip or something that states the risk of loss from a success.  And this absolutely needs to be fixed. As it is now it really just scams unsuspecting players of their money. 

The company knew of this and didn't fix it, scam way of stealing money. 

Yeah it is really terrible they don't list it as a possibility to get fabric in the tooltip.  I feel bad for anyone who bought this thinking it was 100% chance to get an outfit.

6 minutes ago, Prototypemind said:

Well the other issue is that in the rest of the regions items from many of the wheels of fate can be salvaged for fabric, making at least part of the cost much lower. Not a very good system as is here.

Maybe they are worried about bots farming the fabric if you could do this, but now there are already bots farming the essences.  I don't see why they wouldn't keep the same feature other regions have, other than wanting people to spend lots of money to get the costumes.

Thats how it happened to me Gnat. It took all of my fabric, and gave me one.  It is a scam, no two ways around it. The fact that they don't tell you that it has a chance to fail, and as of right now you can only use items that come from real money, that is a scam. I am beyond mad about this. I for sure wouldn't have spent the money if I thought for a second there would be a chance it could fail. Oh or just give me one fabric back. What a joke.

Its a money sink for people with nothing else to do at the cap. honestly its not worth it. the rng is fixed. tested it on other regions when i had 100s of gold to burn. certain outfits consistently dropped and a couple of them i never saw. after 50 transmutations i got the same few outfits 15 times and only got a couple of them a few times. 2 of which never dropped and alot of the time it failed.

Cool if it is a money sink, but I really would have liked it to tell me, it was going to sink all of my money for nothing. I'm also cool with it giving out the same outfit 99.9% of the time. But to give you nothing? And not letting you know up front . Come on, you have to emit that is a scam. 

Look at is this way. You go into a shop, and browse around, then suddenly you see something you like. It tells you how much it is on the tag and you pay the shop keeper, he says thank you and flips a coin. "Whoops looks like you didn't get the watch, but you can try again.". You explain to him that you just paid for the watch, and he replies with "Your purchase has a chance to fail, it says so in the announcements", he points to the announcement bored on other side of the room, stacked with notices and papers.

Now tell me if that is a scam or not?

On 2/24/2016 at 8:01 PM, Negaimu said:

Its a money sink for people with nothing else to do at the cap. honestly its not worth it. the rng is fixed. tested it on other regions when i had 100s of gold to burn. certain outfits consistently dropped and a couple of them i never saw. after 50 transmutations i got the same few outfits 15 times and only got a couple of them a few times. 2 of which never dropped and alot of the time it failed.

In our version at least it's not a money sink.  Unless you mean an RL money sink.  IIRC the "in game" money cost to transmute is negligable.  But it takes something like $50 in outfits to get the mats for each attempt, and store bought outfits are the only way to get the mats.  Now sure, you can use gold to buy those mats from other players, but that's just moving the money around, not taking it out of the economy.

37 minutes ago, Oracle said:

Just let us salvage outfits from drops, wheels etc. So we can fail the RNG box and not feel horrible instead of spending thousands of dollars to produce fabrics.

Yeah 500 fabrics for the clan crafted outfit without a way to get them through drops.  Buying 250 outfits at the cash shop to create 5 clan outfits.  Wow.  That is some pretty hardcore spending.

And I wouldn't have done it, if I knew there was a chance for it to fail, and short me on a lot of real money. And then its my bad because I didn't read an announcement post made before the game was even officially released in the United State.

Archived