Are there bots in arena ?

InstantDeath

Hi,
I'm new in this game but recently i've seen lots of unusual things during pvp in arena. I'm an assassin and 2/3 of Destroyers and KFMs keep following me when i'm in stealth. Not like a normal player, but at a constant pace. Worse, when i daze or stun them, even Web them, i try to get behind of them to get into stealth but they rotate their body so that i can't aproach them from behind. Since i'm a new player i don't know if they are pro players who know some tactics that i don't know or are they bot?

note: you're stealth but everyone can still see you as there are black lining effect from your char which is visible by us.

About that turning when webbed stuff, that might be a possible glitch as i've been hearing about it since the patch release.

Does it seem suspicious? Does it feel like a bot? If yes, treat it and report it like a bot.

You can follow an assassin in stealth with good eyesight and some practice, but bots and players act differently when following a stealthed character, and while it's hard to describe, it's really easy to tell in a live scenario after a few matches, bots have a very unnatural way of movement that specifically locks their camera to the other player.

Turning while CC'd is part of something that the bots use, their way of movement and command input is different, since they don't use a mouse/keyboard, so it bypasses the normal rules of being CC'd.

You can easily tell this apart from someone lagging since if a player is lagging, their actions will continue like normal after the CC, as if they were unaffected by it. A bot however will be clearly affected by it instantly, but still be able to slowly turn.

Some people like to argue that it's just a glitch, but obviously if the glitch is abused multiple times in a set match, it's being used intentionally, and is equally rule breaking.

26 minutes ago, LagIncarnate said:

Does it seem suspicious? Does it feel like a bot? If yes, treat it and report it like a bot.

You can follow an assassin in stealth with good eyesight and some practice, but bots and players act differently when following a stealthed character, and while it's hard to describe, it's really easy to tell in a live scenario after a few matches, bots have a very unnatural way of movement that specifically locks their camera to the other player.

Turning while CC'd is part of something that the bots use, their way of movement and command input is different, since they don't use a mouse/keyboard, so it bypasses the normal rules of being CC'd.

You can easily tell this apart from someone lagging since if a player is lagging, their actions will continue like normal after the CC, as if they were unaffected by it. A bot however will be clearly affected by it instantly, but still be able to slowly turn.

Some people like to argue that it's just a glitch, but obviously if the glitch is abused multiple times in a set match, it's being used intentionally, and is equally rule breaking.

you might be right, because I don't get to see bots at my level (platinum), if only there's a video of it as a solid proof of bot actually queues for matches, that would be great to submit a ticket with link of that video to support.bladeandsoul.com

EDIT: Nevermind, first search and there's already a result. a gold bot too lulz.

Yes, there are bots in arena.

They are very easy to beat. My level 42 Destroyer was able to hit Gold in 13 or 14 games, facing mostly Destroyer bots.

They attack in a very simplistic, flow chart fashion. Once you figure out how to beat one, you can beat most of them. 

Until NCSoft decides to do something about them, just consider them stepping stones towards an easy Gold rating. 

23 minutes ago, Kanosaki said:

you might be right, because I don't get to see bots at my level (platinum), if only there's a video of it as a solid proof of bot actually queues for matches, that would be great to submit a ticket with link of that video to support.bladeandsoul.com

EDIT: Nevermind, first search and there's already a result. a gold bot too lulz.

Yep, this is exactly what i was talking about. They just follow you like a zombie. And yes it's easy to defeat them but the point is not whether you defeat them , the problem is that there are BOTS in PVP xD

5 minutes ago, InstantDeath said:

Yep, this is exactly what i was talking about. They just follow you like a zombie. And yes it's easy to defeat them but the point is not whether you defeat them , the problem is that there are BOTS in PVP xD

U should see bots farming essences when u actually want that boss XD they literally force u switch channel cost of the lags they cause XD

1 hour ago, InstantDeath said:

The bots I face were more advance then this, even macros and resist cc.

Archived