what is the point of ccing a summoner....

Dalapie

you cant cc a summoner because even when hes stunned the pet can still do attacks and peel for him with stuns or knockdowns.... why? why why why? i mean the healing is allready too much. the dmg is onpar with a destroyers red spin if you just sit it. and the biggest issue is that he can swap places with the pet so we waste a 30 sec cc every time , there is absolutly no balance about the summoners class at this point no matter what ,  it has nothing to do with getting good , balance is when every class is even, but when you meet a summoner in arena 80% of the player base has the same reaction. ''omfg''...... 

Not really... 80% of low tier players who don't know how to play the game, sure. The reality is that you don't know what you are doing and you can scape goat that as much as you like but it is what it is. The class is unique and has a kit that separates it from others. Maybe you should play a game with one class so there no way you can claim its unbalanced. 

On another note if you want to stop sounding like a confused inexperienced player and you want to actually learn how to handle your class may I suggest checking class forums or perhaps class forums on bns dojo there are so many fabulous resources on the Internet to help you improve as a player. Have a great day.

guys stop talkin it good

its unbalanced till we get lvl 50 and all the other hm skills and thats for fact

summs all op if you compare to other classes atm 

edit: 

and hes right to many escapes and we have less skills to get him

get invisible heal pet knocks up and sits on you and then the fkin burst 50% dafukk ? 

If you're trying to cc a summoner to death. You're playing against it wrong. I play assassin, and we're normally pretty good at performing K.O combo's. But when we face against summoners, we have to actually spec into a pve build, as none of our pvp builds work properly. Now I don't play the other classes but i'm pretty certain it's a similar story.

• Summoners have no tab escape.
  • The player/cat swap, Tag Team, is an escape from knock down skills on a 12 second cd. 
  • Think of cat cc as skills that summoners can use offensively or defensively. In order to use defensively they must not have been used earlier for offense and the cat has to be close enough/not dead to use it.

As animadp said, summoners have a different kit than other classes. If I'm rooted I got a single escape, SS. Meanwhile my FM friend I spar with escape my roots every single time. Not saying where you're at summoners are no challenge, but the summoner's escape options really aren't the problem.

50 minutes ago, Kure said:
  • The player/cat swap, Tag Team, is an escape from knock down skills on a 12 second cd. 

Wait 12 second CD yet my 2 escapes are 1 min CD how is that not BS? My attacks that always have the swap used on them have a 30 and 45 second cool down ...so the summoner can always use the swap and have it ready before my skills are ready. Not to mention that those 2 skills are a key part of my damage and without being able to use it i'm left with just aerial combo's which if the cat isn't KO'd for it will just CC me breaking those too. 

I'm waiting for the get gud reply now as i know that is coming, I've also seen a summoner heal from 25% to 100% in seconds and deal way more damage then a FM i'm talking about when I'm rooted and they hit you 3 times and you go from 100% to nothing. 

20 minutes ago, OuchThatHurt said:

Wait 12 second CD yet my 2 escapes are 1 min CD how is that not BS? My attacks that always have the swap used on them have a 30 and 45 second cool down ...so the summoner can always use the swap and have it ready before my skills are ready. Not to mention that those 2 skills are a key part of my damage and without being able to use it i'm left with just aerial combo's which if the cat isn't KO'd for it will just CC me breaking those too. 

I'm waiting for the get gud reply now as i know that is coming, I've also seen a summoner heal from 25% to 100% in seconds and deal way more damage then a FM i'm talking about when I'm rooted and they hit you 3 times and you go from 100% to nothing. 

Umm... an escape from knockdown skills on a 12s cooldown... why does that sound so familiar? Is it because EVERY class gets a skill which does that on the same cool down? No... no that can't be it.

32 minutes ago, OuchThatHurt said:

The healing from 25% to 100% sounds like a summoner faced an FM and the FM unloaded right into petal storm. The skill resists range and heals 2% for each resist. If an FM tries hard, that's some serious healing power.

As a BD sitting around 1850, I've had way more practice against Summoners than I have any other class (to a point where I'd rather queue into a Summoner than say a FM or a Destroyer, both of which I've seldom fought so I tend to get plowed by). 

Sleeping the cat used to work until they began sitting on it. Since then I've pretty much just gone full rushdown against them and, as the others above me have said, they don't really have the tools to deal with it. Tab escape is easy to bait due to their limited defensive options, however the counter gives them way more defensive AND offensive power than most classes if you consistently hit into it. Of course it does jack if you don't, so really their mileage out of dandelion depends solely on you. 

My only gripe, and it's a huge one, especially as a BD, is the targeting. I've had games where the cat has outplayed (xddd) my targeting on repeated aerial attempts despite my best efforts, denying the Take Flight (BD primary launch skill), and I've just gotten flattened because of it. Likewise if you're mid combo and they have no escape and you know you can kill them in the chain but drop it prematurely because the *cricket*ing cat decides to be 2skilled4u, they'll immediately D'nB True Friend and suddenly gz m8 you've got 50% of your HP back instantly, or slightly less but now a huge resist CD whilst DnB ticks. 

The healing is fine and balanced and often-times if you play smartly you'll live to see the time out, a scenario where Summoners rarely win. That said, it's unbelievably backwards to allow such levels of burst healing when the targeting is so finnicky and the only counterplay to it is to throw the kitchen sink at them when their limited defensive options are unavailable. 

2 hours ago, Kure said:
  • Summoners have no tab escape.

Let me clear up some confusion.

When people refer to tab escapes in this game, they actually are refering to the one Get-Out-Of-Jaill-Free skill that every class has. 

And summoners DO have this, it's just not located on the tab key like the other classes, but on 2, called the backstep (which shouldn't be confused with the backstep that you usually cast by pressing s s with other characters).

47 minutes ago, Kutsuu said:

Umm... an escape from knockdown skills on a 12s cooldown... why does that sound so familiar? Is it because EVERY class gets a skill which does that on the same cool down? No... no that can't be it.

Odd that because i'm pretty sure I've seen them use the swap skill when phantom gripped

i play assassin at a 1750-1800 rating and can beat most of them only by letting the time run out. most matches end with summoner having 90% hp but i win by points. choke bomb and poison mine are your friends. i cant combo long enough to kill him in time because when the cat gets me im done in 2 grabs. so hit and run is the way to go.

its ridiculous when i win matches with dmg done 112000 vs 30000

1 hour ago, Ch4oskn1ght said:

i play assassin at a 1750-1800 rating and can beat most of them only by letting the time run out. most matches end with summoner having 90% hp but i win by points. choke bomb and poison mine are your friends. i cant combo long enough to kill him in time because when the cat gets me im done in 2 grabs. so hit and run is the way to go.

its ridiculous when i win matches with dmg done 112000 vs 30000

I know that its possible to do that but its a SIN only counter measure. So if yu anit playing sin or sum you have to kill him.

9 hours ago, OuchThatHurt said:

Odd that because i'm pretty sure I've seen them use the swap skill when phantom gripped

Maybe a glitch or lag? Did you phantom grip a knockdowned Summoner? The knockdown must be there and Tag Team has no skill tree.

11 hours ago, Sinups said:

I know that its possible to do that but its a SIN only counter measure. So if yu anit playing sin or sum you have to kill him.

from what i know if KFM are any good they straight up destroy summoner same goes for destroyer and FM. LBM is 50/50.... only class summoner has a basically 100% win rate against is BD because they are just that weak without skill points

Idk OP.

Scummoners will be Scummoners.

And idk what this karma person is saying about BD being weak. They essentially have HM skills KFM and BM needs. A spin daze that goes thru block (KFM Z)? A grip with cheese combos that does ridiculous dmg? Moves that pierces through block and 24/7 spin that renders cc useless? A BM HM Tier Shield that resists all forms of CC? Lighting Draw with stun combo'ing into *cricket*ing endless crit attacks? 

Blade Cancers will be Blade Cancers.

Sorry, OP. you're just going to have to avoid PvP till the real patch comes. even doing Pvp dailes is a fcking sad fest. unless you want to be a salty *cricket* like the rest of us, seriously avoid PvP. enjoy whatever PvE this game offers you.

On 23.2.2016 at 5:54 PM, Dalapie said:

you cant cc a summoner because even when hes stunned the pet can still do attacks and peel for him with stuns or knockdowns.... why? why why why? i mean the healing is allready too much. the dmg is onpar with a destroyers red spin if you just sit it. and the biggest issue is that he can swap places with the pet so we waste a 30 sec cc every time , there is absolutly no balance about the summoners class at this point no matter what ,  it has nothing to do with getting good , balance is when every class is even, but when you meet a summoner in arena 80% of the player base has the same reaction. ''omfg''...... 

All i can say is as

Assassin

Kfm

Destro

FM

and other summoners

The class is pretty beatable depending on your strategy. Dont know about BladeDancer for sure but BM have a really hard time.

30 minutes ago, AoiWings said:

Idk OP.

Scummoners will be Scummoners.

And idk what this karma person is saying about BD being weak. They essentially have HM skills KFM and BM needs. A spin daze that goes thru block (KFM Z)? A grip with cheese combos that does ridiculous dmg? Moves that pierces through block and 24/7 spin that renders cc useless? A BM HM Tier Shield that resists all forms of CC? Lighting Draw with stun combo'ing into *cricket*ing endless crit attacks? 

Blade Cancers will be Blade Cancers.

Sorry, OP. you're just going to have to avoid PvP till the real patch comes. even doing Pvp dailes is a fcking sad fest. unless you want to be a salty *cricket* like the rest of us, seriously avoid PvP. enjoy whatever PvE this game offers you.

sorry i hit BD instead of BM if you actually read what i was talking about when i said LBM you would have understood that i was talking about BM my bad

18 hours ago, Vexe said:

Maybe a glitch or lag? Did you phantom grip a knockdowned Summoner? The knockdown must be there and Tag Team has no skill tree.

Possibly lag but i do tend to KO the cat so it's laying down can they use it if the cat is Ko'd?  I tend to go with aerial combo then grab as they are falling so if i lag they would be laying down i guess but i tend to hit 4 right after my last skill which launches them again. 

19 minutes ago, OuchThatHurt said:

Possibly lag but i do tend to KO the cat so it's laying down can they use it if the cat is Ko'd?  I tend to go with aerial combo then grab as they are falling so if i lag they would be laying down i guess but i tend to hit 4 right after my last skill which launches them again. 

Use proper words, please. >_>

You mean when the cat is unconscious? Yep, this is exactly when Summoners will be abusing Tag Team, so that you accidentally break the cat out of CC. As for using Tag Team when the cat is knockdowned, no, pretty sure it has to be the summoner.

Just now, Vexe said:

Use proper words, please. >_>

You mean when the cat is unconscious? Yep, this is exactly when Summoners will be abusing Tag Team, so that you accidentally break the cat out of CC. As for using Tag Team when the cat is knockdowned, no, pretty sure it has to be the summoner.

KO and KO'd are proper English maybe you need to learn that as it is an abbreviation of Knockout and knocked out no need to be salty or a grammar Nazi 

"knocked out" doesn't exist in Blade & Soul.

It's hard to understand whether you mean unconscious / knockdown / dead, so use proper words when it comes to things like this.

Either way, your question has been answered and I'm the one helping you understand your strongest enemy, no need for you to butthurt.

Archived