Plz. Remove open pvp!

Zartan

As I said, its forced on the players wallets.

Arena PvP Dailies you can buy 25 Soulstones trough Zen Beans (+5 if you're Gold etc. etc.)

Faction Dailies are worth Silvers + 20 average Soulstones.

Its impossible to keep up with the game by doing PvE only, one could might as well quit the game honestly.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Victorion said:

How is PvP forced, when you buy soulstones through marketplace?

Yeah it´s going to be more expensive - but isn´t it fair? You choose to avoid a critical part of the game core design - you pay the price by slightly longer grind times.

Also soulstones are not only obtainable through faction quests or marketplace. There is in fact a daily non pvp quest that rewards soulstones too.

I can solo a dungeon for 2 moonwater tears in 15 minutes or less. Thats about 1.2 Gold per run. almost 5 gold an hour. Doesn´t take that long to get the money to buy soulstones for upgrades, if you really wanted to.

This thread is just QQ.

I have to agree, even as someone who doesn't like PvP. I find it hard to believe you can't find a single channel where you can do your quests. But if that happens to be true, then I'm sorry for you. Best you can do is re-roll on a more populated server (more channels), hope for server change/merge, or just suck it up and do other dailies for money to buy soulstones.

There are many people that enjoy this OWPvP and I just because we don't like it doesn't mean its unfair or should go away. I think its fine the way it is.

13 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

To all the people saying the open PvP for PvE quests is okay, I guess you have a lot of fun when you are minding your own business, gathering something, and 2-3 people jump on you and kill you cause they are too bad to 1v1 someone.

And how hard is it to use faction chat to get 2-3 people to help you obliterate the attackers? Or get help from clan buddies? Or even some randoms, doing faction quests in the area? And they aren't too bad to 1v1 someone. It is easier to finish this daily 'kill 10 members of opposing faction' quest while working in a group. They are just well organised and smart. If they wanted to do 1v1 they would be in the arena.

I don't understand why some people play games in which you interact with others to get better results and then refuse to interact with them, going solo everywhere and whine.

5 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

To all the people saying the open PvP for PvE quests is okay, I guess you have a lot of fun when you are minding your own business, gathering something, and 2-3 people jump on you and kill you cause they are too bad to 1v1 someone.

Anyway, in my server I know that channel 1 is 100% people of my faction, so, I always do it there now.

Either that or we are used to a game with true open world PVP.. aka there are no factions, no special clothes or special area's for pvp. you step out of town you are free game. 

It's called watching.. as you are gathering or hunting hold alt down and keep your camera moving, you'll see reds coming from a mile away if you do this. 

1 hour ago, Shinsetsu said:

Technically though, only one of those faction quests is actually a PvP quest. The rest are PvE.

While I don't agree that open world PvP should be removed, as someone who's not really into PvP myself, I understand where the OP is coming from.

Personally, I don't have an issue finding a channel where I can do my quests in peace, but I guess that depends on what server you're on. If it's really that difficult to avoid, like others have said, you probably want to consider avoiding those quests altogether and doing some other daily quests for money to buy soulstones.

He is Right.. Other than Orderly Bashin' None of those quests are truly PvP.. They might be Faction quests.. but they are PvE quests because your reward is not based on killing players its based on avoiding other players so that you can kill NPCs and Collect Items of one kind or another.

Besides.. The only people who *like* open world PvP are the people who can only win in one of three conditions are met
1. Jumping someone who is unaware
2. Potting up
3. Ganking Lowbies

If you really liked PvP you would go to the Arena's where it is about skill and there is an even playing field.

Just now, CherryCream said:

And how hard is it to use faction chat to get 2-3 people to help you obliterate the attackers? Or get help from clan buddies? Or even some randoms, doing faction quests in the area? And they aren't too bad to 1v1 someone. It is easier to finish this daily 'kill 10 members of opposing faction' quest. They are just well organised and smart. If they wanted to do 1v1 they would be in the arena.

I don't understand why some people play games in which you interact with others to get better results and then refuse to interact with them, going solo everywhere and whine.

I don't do that quest because its a waste of time for 2 soulstones. In the time it takes me to find 10 players and kill them (making they waste time and earning me nothing if I die) I could have won several Arena matches, earning me way more soulstones. I like efficiency, and that quest is not efficient for anyone.

Plus, I do those in my PvE spec to do everything faster.

17 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Anyway, in my server I know that channel 1 is 100% people of my faction, so, I always do it there now.

It happens. You also get those Destroyers who will jump into a giant group of opposite faction while they are fighting the faction boss and spin until people are dead. It happens.

Understand that even though most of the faction quests are PvE, there IS a PvP quest that gives soulstones that people will try to do if they can. If you get jumped or killed, don't rage and call them all bad and say they are too scared to go to arena, etc etc. They are just trying to do the quest. Maybe some are *cricket* griefers, but just res and go about your business. If they are still there camping, change channels.

2 minutes ago, Zira said:

Besides.. The only people who really *like* open world PvP are the people who can only win in one of three conditions is met
1. Jumping someone who is unaware
2. Potting up
3. Ganking Lowbies

If you really liked PvP you would go to the Arena's where it is about skill and there is an even playing field.

*PvP is PVP it doesn't matter in open world or in arena

*A win is a win no matter how or the way you archived it.

Also, don't expect other players have mercy or honor in them, they play their own game on their own time, if you can't deal with it then go do something else. 

Ask ppls to leave you alone when you flagged for PvP is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Kromede said:

*PvP is PVP it doesn't matter in open world or in arena

*A win is a win no matter how or the way you archived it.

Also, don't expect other players have mercy or honor in them, they play their own game on their own time, if you can't deal with it then go do something else. 

Ask ppls to leave you alone when you flagged for PvP is ridiculous.

spoken like a skill-less weakling.

Guys, you talk only about soulstones, but this one pvp gives nice faction contribution boost and faction contribution points don't grow on trees. Also you have to remember that fresh lvl45 is weak, so why whine about 1v1? With stats and gear gape it would never be fair. Plus it is limited to that one area.

Aaaand on the second hand we have that achievement, for faction mask, that you must kill 1000 members of opposing faction. It doesn't give soulstones, it doesn't give gold, it doesn't give faction contribution points! But it is limitless, so you can even go to first area and kill low lvls. Now this can be an issue, but since it gives no soulstones, people tend not to talk about it.

1 minute ago, Jayrune said:

I'm speaking in general for pvp game and this apply to any carebear keep crying about being kill in open world while they are questing.

I'm not best pvp'er out there but I didn't lose any match in arena yet. Oh, yeah...i'm playing skill less summoner class...so what? Can you kill me? be my guess LOL 

30 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Welcome to the MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE community where "minding your own business" doesnt work quite well.

And trust me, as crimson legion member o Jiwan its very easy to notice that you are overwhelmed, does matter how strong you are, 2-3 players at the same level as you are will beat you. BUT thats not an excuse to make hte open world exclusive (yes its exclusive) pvp disappear.

8 minutes ago, Jayrune said:

Actually @Kromede is right on the money.

I´ve played a extremely hardcore pvp-mmo. Based on year long grinds, where endless griefing was a league duty and accepted on all servers.

People dying every 5 minute, returning to grindspot just to get killed again, repeatedly for several hours. Not unusual to see people die 30 times in the same hour, just trying to grind a little bit. I had major respect for those players that never become sour or QQ´d.

I´ll kill anybody wearing an opposite faction dobok if I feel odds are good. Doesn´t matter if they are talking to npc, gathering soulstones, already worn down and having aggro from 5 mobs or fighting someone else.

In the same fashion, I´d never get in a bad mood for someone killing me no matter the circumstances.

Adapt this mentality, and you´ll save yourself alot of frustration and start enjoying real pvp.

10 minutes ago, Victorion said:

Actually @Kromede is right on the money.

I´ve played a extremely hardcore pvp-mmo. Based on year long grinds, where endless griefing was a league duty and accepted on all servers.

People dying every 5 minute, returning to grindspot just to get killed again, repeatedly for several hours. Not unusual to see people die 30 times in the same hour, just trying to grind a little bit. I had major respect for those players that never become sour or QQ´d.

I´ll kill anybody wearing an opposite faction dobok if I feel odds are good. Doesn´t matter if they are talking to npc, gathering soulstones, already worn down and having aggro from 5 mobs or fighting someone else.

In the same fashion, I´d never get in a bad mood for someone killing me no matter the circumstances.

Adapt this mentality, and you´ll save yourself alot of frustration and start enjoying real pvp.

Exactly. Try not to get frustrated and sometimes you will even have amusing moments.

Like the other day, I was doing the faction quests in the big area. Couple reds jumped on me while I was gathering a barrel. Terror bosses was coming by so I managed to run to it. In the end, they still ended up killing me, but they couldn't get away from the terror and both ended up dying as well. We all lay there dead and had a good laugh in Say chat.

12 minutes ago, Shinsetsu said:

Exactly. Try not to get frustrated and sometimes you will even have amusing moments.

Like the other day, I was doing the faction quests in the big area. Couple reds jumped on me while I was gathering a barrel. Terror bosses was coming by so I managed to run to it. In the end, they still ended up killing me, but they couldn't get away from the terror and both ended up dying as well. We all lay there dead and had a good laugh in Say chat.

I had a similar experience the other day. I saw a summoner and attacked him instantly - then a destro attacked me and a sin came to my aid.

We killed both players, but then a terror wrecked my remaining hp.

Funny thing was the summoner started whispering me all kind of carebear nonsense, about how we were ganging him 3 vs 2. Till he realized the 3rd player was actually my cat. Was pretty funny, and we all died too xD

Open world gankfest. There is no pvp. Versus would suggest the other player having a chance to fight back, but with 10k FM crits that dream flies very very fast. I'm doing them almost every day, but somehow everytime i get ganked i see this vision of a ant getting burned by some deranged kid with a magnifying glass. If there was no arena this game would in no way classify as a pvp game. Maybe pvp as in insta-gib but i wouldn't give it more then that.

2 hours ago, Victorion said:

You deserve a slap.

You join a pvp-heavy MMO.

You put on a PvP-Dobok.

You open a PvP-Quest

Did you honestly expect that you wouldn´t meet PvP?

Do you honestly expect that all the players that enjoy pvp, should be punished because of your naive carebear mentality?

If you don´t like pvp, then stop doing pvp quests and flagging for pvp. Nobody is forcing you to do pvp quests.

Faction quests = pvp quests.

I have been reading all these threads on the soulstone/PvP issues and I have decided to chime in.

First for those that claim this was marketed as a PvP game I invite you to read the main page about the game.

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/what-is-blade-and-soul/

Only one mention of PvP in that link and it says enjoy duels.

Second the faction outfits say nothing about PvP.  They say hostile to other faction.  Guess what every MMO has factions and in all of them you can be hostile to one but it doesn't mean you can be attacked by other players.

Third I researched this game when I first heard about it and I wasn't even going to try it because everything I saw pointed to a PvP heavy game but then I saw a dev livestream that said PvP was entirely optional.  Now most will say it is since soulstone are tradeable but in reality it's very misleading.  To really stay competitive in pve you have to do at least the faction quests and open yourself to the gankers that open world PvP encourages.

Why be misleading about the amount of PvP is because ncsoft knows that in western MMOs a PvP centered game will fail.  Want to fix this problem add an item to the cash shop that will change a single faction uniform so that you aren't attackable by players.  

2 hours ago, Grevier said:

Some people don't understand that PvP is forced when items like Soulstones are obtainable only trough Marketplace and PvP.

GO FARM GOLD IN PVE AND BUY THEM!!!

This *cricket*ed up logic drives me absolutely crazy, and I have had to shut down another idiot player with undeniable logic.

If you do not want to PvP - DON'T!  Go farm you *cricket* gold from *cricket* PvE quests, and buy the *cricket* soulstones.  NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO PVP!

Guess what, players absolutely 100% are forced to PvE.  You MUST grind PvE just be be competitive in PvP because you cannot join Arenas at level 1, have the skills to compete, and earn experience.  Therefore, you have to do dumb PvE stuff until you have sufficient skills to PvP competitively.

However, if you want soulstones THEN YOU CAN BUY THEM.  You don't EVER have to PvP.  Not a single time in the entire game do you EVER have to PvP.  You can farm 20G a DAY with JUST PVE!!!!  Soulstones sell for 30-35silver!  STOP WHINING AND BUY YOUR SHIT!

1 minute ago, PatchKid said:

GO FARM GOLD IN PVE AND BUY THEM!!!

Do you actually know "at least one" person that actually plays this game without doing PvP and buys every-single Soulstone at the Marketplace?

Oh, by the way, don't answer, it's a sarcastic question, there no need for anyone to lie about this.

1 minute ago, Grevier said:

Do you actually know "at least one" person that actually plays this game without doing PvP and buys every-single Soulstone at the Marketplace?

Oh, by the way, don't answer, it's a sarcastic question, there no need for anyone to lie about this.

I know someone who buys every scrap of PvE shit you can buy by selling Soulstones earned from PvP -- ME!

Screw PvE.  I don't want to grind the same *cricket*ing content every day for months.  Unfortunately, I was forced to grind 3 weeks of PvE content just to get to level, and now I am finding that PvP does not earn enough XP to get Hongmoon levels - so I will have no choice, but to grind the stupid Hongmoon levels so I will have the necessary skills to compete.

Buy your soulstones, and be happy you actually get a choice in the matter.

For you that like PvP, if you really like it you can sit in Arena your whole life with free stats.

But thing is, everyone does PvE, not everybody does PvP, and forcing PvP is wrong.

Not to mention, you can sit in Arena from Level 15 to 45 + 5 H.M.

Just now, Grevier said:

You can level in Arena from Level 15.

You can earn gold in PvE and buy soulstones to help your progression.  PvP to level is stupid because you do not have access to necessary skills.  That's a completely different issue.  PvE players have access to their skills, they have access to the soulstones.  They don't need to PvP to get soulstones.

Until they boost the XP gains in PvP, there's no comparison.  It would probably take a year to level from 15-45HM5 in PvP alone, but it will take someone 1 day to farm the gold they need to buy soulstones for PvE progression.  Maaaaybe 2 days.

Maybe I'm just lucky with the server I'm on 'Starfall crater' but ever since I started doing the faction dailies I got pked only once,even then I just switch channels and be done with it.

I always just run by the other faction players,they don't really seem to bother me either.Today I was collecting the explosives right next to 2 other faction player and they didn't do anything.

I guess lots of ppls just want to do these dailies w/o any trouble/wasting time.

If I wanted to pvp then I would go to arena,stabbing ppls in the ass while they are gathering/fighting a mob is really not my thing.

Archived