Plz. Remove open pvp!

Zartan

i dont mind if they want to go into the arena and pvp but this dumb crap searching for a ch. so i can do my faction quests alone and then getting plowed just trying to get soulstones and minding my own business is BS!!!! Take the open pvp out its pure crap also your 24 man bw is a joke also it is more like 224 man that needs to be a 24 man raid dungeon there is way to many people and lots of lagg when there is that many!!! And before you idiots say why you playing a pvp game, this is not a pvp game only, and the pvp needs to be contained to a arena only or make soulstones obtainable threw non faction quests not just one quest!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Zartan said:

i dont mind if they want to go into the arena and pvp but this dumb crap searching for a ch. so i can do my faction quests alone and then getting plowed just trying to get soulstones and minding my own business is BS!!!! Take the open pvp out its pure crap also your 24 man bw is a joke also it is more like 224 man that needs to be a 24 man raid dungeon there is way to many people and lots of lagg when there is that many!!! And before you idiots say why you playing a pvp game, this is not a pvp game only, and the pvp needs to be contained to a arena only or make soulstones obtainable threw non faction quests not just one quest!!!

It sounds like it would be faster for you to farm gold in PvE and buy soulstones.  Good news!  They're much cheaper now that bots are farming the arena!

7 minutes ago, Zartan said:

You deserve a slap.

You join a pvp-heavy MMO.

You put on a PvP-Dobok.

You open a PvP-Quest

Did you honestly expect that you wouldn´t meet PvP?

Do you honestly expect that all the players that enjoy pvp, should be punished because of your naive carebear mentality?

If you don´t like pvp, then stop doing pvp quests and flagging for pvp. Nobody is forcing you to do pvp quests.

Faction quests = pvp quests.

Just now, Victorion said:

You deserve a slap.

You join a pvp-heavy MMO.

You put on a PvP-Dobok.

You open a PvP-Quest

Did you honestly expect that you wouldn´t meet PvP?

Do you honestly expect that all the players that enjoy pvp, should be punished because of your naive carebear mentality?

If you don´t like pvp, then stop doing pvp quests and flagging for pvp. Nobody is forcing you to do pvp quests.

Faction quests = pvp quests.

Technically though, only one of those faction quests is actually a PvP quest. The rest are PvE.

While I don't agree that open world PvP should be removed, as someone who's not really into PvP myself, I understand where the OP is coming from.

Personally, I don't have an issue finding a channel where I can do my quests in peace, but I guess that depends on what server you're on. If it's really that difficult to avoid, like others have said, you probably want to consider avoiding those quests altogether and doing some other daily quests for money to buy soulstones.

1 minute ago, Shinsetsu said:

Technically though, only one of those faction quests is actually a PvP quest. The rest are PvE.

While I don't agree that open world PvP should be removed, as someone who's not really into PvP myself, I understand where the OP is coming from.

Personally, I don't have an issue finding a channel where I can do my quests in peace, but I guess that depends on what server you're on. If it's really that difficult to avoid, like others have said, you probably want to consider avoiding those quests altogether and doing some other daily quests for money to buy soulstones.

Nope. They are all pvp quests.

1) They require you to wear a PvP-Dobok.
2) They are performed in faction contested areas

Think capture the flag. It´s just to give the pvp-quest a goal, rather than : go kill x amount players.

1 minute ago, Victorion said:

Nope. They are all pvp quests.

1) They require you to wear a PvP-Dobok.
2) They are performed in faction contested areas

Think capture the flag. It´s just to give the pvp-quest a goal, rather than : go kill x amount players.

Well, we just have different interpretation of what a PvP quest is. I think of it as a quest that requires you to PvP unavoidably, like the "kill 8 members of opposite faction" or arena daily. NPCs and gathering nodes are part of the environment (PvE). You may encounter PvP while doing PvE quests because of the area, but the quests themselves are PvE.

30 minutes ago, Zartan said:

You carebear reminding me those cry babies in AIon when that game first live in NA.

That game labeled a PvP game but most carebear'er buying that game and want to PvE only, they cried like a 3 years old babies when someone killed them while they are doing quest.

This game much more easier than Aion cause you don't have to PvP at all, the outfit do give you a warning when you put it on. 

Do me a favor stop cry like a baby and if you can't handle go play something else or single player console game for your freaking sake!

38 minutes ago, Zartan said:

First of all, you chose to put on your faction uniform (does matter which faction, theres red, blue, brown, white, white again, and gold) Nobody forced you to put on those.

2nd do not blame the game for your lag, 99% of the lag problem is your computer and/or your internet.

AND you can get soulstones now besides faction dailies, get good in arena. OR buy it in market. The whole point of getting stronger is to be better, or ar you one of those carebears who just amass a lot of insignia? The same reason why I dont help my faction anymore, alot of "any insignia farming?" and those same people disappear when the pvp happens. 

1 minute ago, Dreamer0526 said:

First of all, you chose to put on your faction uniform (does matter which faction, theres red, blue, brown, white, white again, and gold) Nobody forced you to put on those.

Thats not entirely true.

in most servers a faction is far more powerful than the other, forcing players to join it even if they dont like it in order to progress.

Like in Yehara, where the Crimsons outnumber Ceruleans 6 to 1. 

in most servers a faction is far more powerful than the other, forcing players to join it even if they dont like it in order to progress.

I joined the smaller faction to get more kills. Looks like it was a good choice, cuz bigger faction attracts those carebears who want to play on easy mode and they are really, really easy targets. Also switching channels is not a rocket sience.

Nah, not needed OP.  What IS needed is soulstones attached to PvE dailies/dungeons - not PvP garbage only (which is counter intuitive given you don't use soulstones for the primary form of PvP in this game, Arena.)  Just like every other MMO, this one seems to feel the need to overly incentivize/reward PvP so people actually participate...they are not naive to how few people actually want to PvP in an MMO vs PvE...

Meh. All you have to do is put on the uniform, then take it off. It's not like Aion, where you're out in the open and you just get plowed no matter what. I'm a total carebear, I try not to put on the uniform if I can help it. Sometimes you can't. Oh well, nothing you can do. 

31 minutes ago, SrKoquonfaes said:

Thats not entirely true.

Like in Yehara, where the Crimsons outnumber Ceruleans 6 to 1. 

... I doubt the blackram outnumbers the bamboo guards lol.

As or the big 2 factions, then yes. But those are player driven economy (of players).

The only time there is open world PVP is if you put the uniform on. You can choose not to pvp by simply not putting the uniform on. Yes there are dailies that require you to put the uniform on. This takes a simple ask in faction as to what channel your faction currently owns and if you get no response.. go in out of uniform to the areas you need to farm.. watch.. and once it's clear change over.. kill the mobs and go hide. 

Also generally people leave you alone if you make it known you are doing dailies. I have had several people kill me while i'm attacking a boss or something but when I say i'm doing dailies I get a rez and they leave me alone. 

Some people don't understand that PvP is forced when items like Soulstones are obtainable only trough Marketplace and PvP.

PvP is a good thing only when its something like WoW where there are PvP reward and items only that do not affect the PvE experience of other players.

Like 20 Soulstones a day worth 30s each, something like 6g. PvP is forced on our wallets.

6 minutes ago, Grevier said:

Some people don't understand that PvP is forced when items like Soulstones are obtainable only trough Marketplace and PvP.

How is PvP forced, when you buy soulstones through marketplace?

Yeah it´s going to be more expensive - but isn´t it fair? You choose to avoid a critical part of the game core design - you pay the price by slightly longer grind times.

Also soulstones are not only obtainable through faction quests or marketplace. There is in fact a daily non pvp quest that rewards soulstones too.

I can solo a dungeon for 2 moonwater tears in 15 minutes or less. Thats about 1.2 Gold per run. almost 5 gold an hour. Doesn´t take that long to get the money to buy soulstones for upgrades, if you really wanted to.

This thread is just QQ.

To all the people saying the open PvP for PvE quests is okay, I guess you have a lot of fun when you are minding your own business, gathering something, and 2-3 people jump on you and kill you cause they are too bad to 1v1 someone.

Anyway, in my server I know that channel 1 is 100% people of my faction, so, I always do it there now.

Archived