Please change 24p dungeon main boss spawn.

TheRealElvis

Nope, it would free up precious time, and would eliminate the necessity to pace on others. The other bosses are already time based, so the practical difference is non-existing. Players already camp the bosses they need, and some players only need certain bosses, it would make no difference whatsoever, and would only prove benefitical for everyone if the main boss would be time based too.

There is nothing good in having to waste time, and the kill limit has been nothing but a hinderance.

Still it'd be nice to see some kind of rework or more incentive to kill bosses. I spent about an hour or so after doing the rest of my dailies just going around killing bosses solo in Nightshade (hoped someone would come once boss is engaged. I was wrong...)  (and yes, I did try changing channel, was always thrown in the same one), then checked the MM area and it had like 20 people just camping it. Not cool. 

Maybe if the bosses dropped something actually useful, that'd be nice.

24 minutes ago, TheRealElvis said:

Nope, it would free up precious time, and would eliminate the necessity to pace on others. The other bosses are already time based, so the practical difference is non-existing. Players already camp the bosses they need, and some players only need certain bosses, it would make no difference whatsoever, and would only prove benefitical for everyone if the main boss would be time based too.

There is nothing good in having to waste time, and the kill limit has been nothing but a hinderance.

But it does make a difference.

Yes people camp for certain bosses but most of those campers literally leave the moment they realize that the boss isn't gonna spawn any time soon making them actually do the work and actually kill bosses. Not only that, this is the one mechanism that prevents botting in the area. If you've been through every time based bossed that is worth something (mostly essence bosses) you'll realize how most of the players in that area are just bot campers. 24 man is literally the only place where botting is made redundant because the only boss which is worth something isn't time based. 

This literally changes how everything flows in 24 man if you want a time based main boss, mainly supporting even more camping and botting... 

I value my time, and my time should not be dependant on the progress of others. Time based main boss spawn is only benefitical to Everyone who values their time.

Actually better yet, give premium players their own efleet and NSH channels where the spawn is time based. Player base division imminen, but too bad. Those supporting the game should be given proper benefits for doing so.

Do something else for the time being maybe? This is why when I finish with my dailies at 24 man, I either go do something else while others are doing their dailies or I actually help out people with killing the bosses. Their progress is their progress, if you let it affect you heavily then obviously you might be wasting a bit too much of your time playing. 

I agree with Enhance on making some sort of incentive for killing bosses around 24 man aside from main bosses but outright making every single boss time based will pretty much just make every aspect of this game run by bots. I say that too knowing that 24 man is literally the only place so far where I have never seen a bot running around (this applies to Juwol Server in NA and Twin Wagons in EU, not sure on other servers) because the main boss isn't time based. If they make an incentive on the other bosses that makes them valuable for people (for example dropping important items but unable to trade), that could definitely help improve the spawn time. 

1 hour ago, TopKEK said:

Nah thanks, better with spawn after killing bosses. Gives other people a reason to actually help killing certain bosses instead of just camping main boss. 

actually help? dude i asked them to help kill mini bosses but they said "Its no about 9 killed bosses. its about time, soon or later boss will spawn".. ppl don't want to accept it.. this must be changed.

1 minute ago, MENT said:

actually help? dude i asked them to help kill mini bosses but they said "Its no about 9 killed bosses. its about time, soon or later boss will spawn".. ppl don't want to accept it.. this must be changed.

That's really dependent on the community of the server though. Server I'm in right now doesn't seem to have a problem with maintaining the cycle of boss spawn. We seem to manage just fine. We get the usual idiot or two who thinks its a time based boss but mostly we're pretty much OK, we do have a certain time period where she will spawn a good number of times and a certain time period where its super quiet. 

9 minutes ago, Rockbridge said:

Technically they already drop one useful thing, that being the chest with a chance at a purple SS piece.

Its usefulness depends entirely on whether you actually need it. I'd rather it be like 1 soulstone or 50% chance for a soulstone or a chance at pirate emblems (Poh drops siren emblems, so that's nice) or maybe some 1% chance for something even better, like a transformation stone (of course I don't mean this one, just pulling those out of my rear now) and so on.

The only boss that I see worth killing in NSH are the twins for the costume (but only until you get it).

7 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Its usefulness depends entirely on whether you actually need it. I'd rather it be like 1 soulstone or 50% chance for a soulstone or a chance at pirate emblems (Poh drops siren emblems, so that's nice) or maybe some 1% chance for something even better, like a transformation stone (of course I don't mean this one, just pulling those out of my rear now) and so on.

The only boss that I see worth killing in NSH are the twins for the costume (but only until you get it).

I think it'd be reasonable for them to drop a soulstone or have a chance to do so. ATM Soulstones are limited to faction dailies/pvp.

4 minutes ago, Bizzy said:

How much easier do you want them to make the easiest version of poh? why not just have them make it so that at reset time, your 24poh dailies are already complete. /s

You don't happen to be confusing boss difficulty with a mere respawn mechanic, are you? /s

I'm sorry but that idea is stupid AND selfish.

It takes literally less than 20 minutes if people actually do the killing instead of sitting on their ass next to the spawn location.

I guarantee you it would take longer to complete the dailies if the main boss spawn was timed, because even more people would just spawn camp instead of actually helping people who need to kill the other bosses.

Its setup in a way for people to ALWAYS go after the bosses, that way anyone can complete the dailies at any time.

1 hour ago, TheRealElvis said:

I value my time, and my time should not be dependant on the progress of others. Time based main boss spawn is only benefitical to Everyone who values their time.

I think you missed the part where this is a Multi-Player game?

1 minute ago, TheRealElvis said:

You don't happen to be confusing boss difficulty with a mere respawn mechanic, are you? /s

It's got nothing to do with boss difficulty directly. It's an easier version, the catch is you have to kill more bosses to spawn poh, it's as simple as that. It's a 24 person dungeon, on paper you're supposed to work together to progress through it, making it a timer (like everyone else said) only allows people to sit at poh and wait for her to spawn. You're free to  indulge in whatever parts of BnS you like, if you value your time so much, you should probably just skip it. Adding a premium only version is silly.

7 minutes ago, Tolzray said:

I'm sorry but that idea is stupid AND selfish.

It takes literally less than 20 minutes if people actually do the killing instead of sitting on their ass next to the spawn location.

I guarantee you it would take longer to complete the dailies if the main boss spawn was timed, because even more people would just spawn camp instead of actually helping people who need to kill the other bosses.

Its setup in a way for people to ALWAYS go after the bosses, that way anyone can complete the dailies at any time.

it never takes 20 mins because 60%+ afking..

This game has to be studied for being a case of massive bad designs choices.

Really, analyze the mechanics/quests and you'll realize the quests designs / some mechanics are bad while the game (combat system) is pretty good.

24-man dungeons need a retweak, I shouldn't have to wander 1.5h in nightshade and actually kill 9 bosses and actually lose a lot of durability on my weapon for the last boss to spawn... all that for 5 daily quests.

6/4-man dungeons of Fleet/Bloodshade need a retweak too, changing the dailies from "kill every boss in order" to "kill every boss (in whatever order)" or "kill last boss" (which is the ultimate goal) would be better, there would be less "recruit/quit" because the party has killed the first boss.

It's not about making the dungeons easier, but making the dungeons actually doable in a reasonnable amount of time, yes. This game is already a grind fest and wasting time with bad design choices isn't gonna make it more enjoyable.

Archived