how over-played will warlock become?

Dray0s

Given knowledge that with the nerfs, warlocks are by some said to be the bottom of the pvp tier list, and only truly effective in PvE, also that the nerfs that has been said to of caused this will be released With the Warlock from the very start also holding a major flaw its skills are channelled making it VERY Ping requiring combined with our PvP Connection being said to be pretty poor by many players.

how many will still be rolling a warlock?.. with factor it wont be Overpowered and by description a lot closer to underpowered will people still really fork out n roll one reguardless? I see most players Drooling over KRs YT videos of the Warlocks release there at how "overpowered" and Powerful the class looks and that nothing seems to stand up against the class, however will it still be loved in its Nerfed state?

how many are really intending to main the Warlock?

I've played on TW and other servers where my ping was 300+ and I dont agree that warlocks are affected by ping i didnt notice anything like that. Also the nerfs wont make the warlock as bad as everyone thinks they are they will still be very good

2 minutes ago, Lynteresting said:

adapting means nothing if you just dont like it xD it looks cool and flashy but give it time and once all the glitter fades you may just decide that you dont actually want to main it

Hardly ever happens in my case.

I don't really understand where all the hate against warlock is coming from, if you dont like the class, fine go play whatever you want, but some people have been waiting a long time to play it, imagine the class you main being released in 1 week wouldnt you be hyped? the whole background and style of a warlock is appealing to me, i like range but FM was a bit too straight forward/boring for my taste, so..

also for me its very simple, WL is good for PVE + if WL  is really underpowered, he will receive some buffs anyway, so yeah if you like warlock go play it, i intent to main it, if its too hard to play due to high ping, il reconsider but thats the only reason for me to lay this class down.

don't mistake the post for hate, I actually myself intend to try it and potiental main it (I've never tried the class, I've liked the look of its gameplay but 0 experience with actual use)

i simply wondered.. if it would be overplayed even though it wont be released overpowered.

by assumptions 3/4s of the game will reroll warlock, it'll become a very bandwagoned class.. i already am aware of that just wondered if many intended to physically main it.

i agree on the FM, i too love Mage classes, but FM is slightly boring in what it does, for a Mage lover Warlock defintly looks a lot more fun and interesting.

59 minutes ago, Dray0s said:

don't mistake the post for hate, I actually myself intend to try it and potiental main it (I've never tried the class, I've liked the look of its gameplay but 0 experience with actual use)

i simply wondered.. if it would be overplayed even though it wont be released overpowered.

by assumptions 3/4s of the game will reroll warlock, it'll become a very bandwagoned class.. i already am aware of that just wondered if many intended to physically main it.

i agree on the FM, i too love Mage classes, but FM is slightly boring in what it does, for a Mage lover Warlock defintly looks a lot more fun and interesting.

Always loved mages or ranged in general, but somehow, i don't know, i chose assasin, now lv 32 (casual player and constant crashing is back again). Sins have a lot of amazing skills in my opinion, don't look to op either (easy to counter stealth if good players) and i love the way they move, dodging feels rewarding. Even so, it's hard for me to use an Assasin in stealth for long, i mean, i just can't stand being that annoying like permastealth sins, because i want others to enjoy a fight with me and want to change their opinion about assasins.

Now for the reason i quoted you. I wanted to ask you, if an assasin and a warlock would be released the same day, which one do you think would be played more. Both would need some skills and good reflexes, so which one you think would be overplayed? :)

8 hours ago, Ernestasx said:

Always loved mages or ranged in general, but somehow, i don't know, i chose assasin, now lv 32 (casual player and constant crashing is back again). Sins have a lot of amazing skills in my opinion, don't look to op either (easy to counter stealth if good players) and i love the way they move, dodging feels rewarding. Even so, it's hard for me to use an Assasin in stealth for long, i mean, i just can't stand being that annoying like permastealth sins, because i want others to enjoy a fight with me and want to change their opinion about assasins.

Now for the reason i quoted you. I wanted to ask you, if an assasin and a warlock would be released the same day, which one do you think would be played more. Both would need some skills and good reflexes, so which one you think would be overplayed? :)

I think the warlock would actually still overtake for a while, I am not 100% Sure to why it happens, but it seems a common thing for players flock to pet classes, I mean in all honesty I feel this game has the best concept for the assassin ever, it really is a great design. but I think it seems majority of players do enjoy pets, this games Summoner, WoWs Hunter Everquests Beastlord, were all Played hugely, so I do believe the initial hype atleast would be for the warlock, Stealth classes do seem to lay in the Minority of players, u have some who really do love it but quite a few dislike stealth

Pets just seem to be Hugely Appriecated by ALOT of gamers, never understood it, maybe for a easier levelling process, or just to not feel so lonely during the levelling process.

13 minutes ago, Dray0s said:

I think the warlock would actually still overtake for a while, I am not 100% Sure to why it happens, but it seems a common thing for players flock to pet classes, I mean in all honesty I feel this game has the best concept for the assassin ever, it really is a great design. but I think it seems majority of players do enjoy pets, this games Summoner, WoWs Hunter Everquests Beastlord, were all Played hugely, so I do believe the initial hype atleast would be for the warlock, Stealth classes do seem to lay in the Minority of players, u have some who really do love it but quite a few dislike stealth

Pets just seem to be Hugely Appriecated by ALOT of gamers, never understood it, maybe for a easier levelling process, or just to not feel so lonely during the levelling process.

For me it's just a preference over other classes. I have been tank, mage, archer (or Gunner in some places) in some other MMO so i have played a bit of everything. At the end of the day, a class flavored as summoner of the sort it's what calls me the most. First one i picked up was in FFXI and had an unique playstile which i enjoyed a lot of time. Being able to summon a being of other plan and command it to attack... I always loved that.

Not completely sold on it yet, it looks like a flashier Summoner with dark powers. Played Summoner till lv 26 and quit because it wasn't my style. Naturally I'll give it a shot but to go higher than True Profane on it is highly highly unlikely because I already have a main I truly like and currently dumping a lot of gold on it to upgrade gear. Even if I like Warlock I won't be upgrading as far as I am with my main until say sometime after the next big expansion (2-3 months after this next patch I imagine)

15 minutes ago, ElectricLyn said:

It's sad that people put so much weight on overpowered vs underpowered, high ping requirements or low ping requirements, PVP ability and PVE ability and so on....

Instead of whether or not, for example, it's FUN to play and whether you LIKE what you see...

And i am playing it because of that. I really like Summoner like classes (NO CATS!) and since i learned about the class i have looked the abilities and such... I am going to like it :3

They're really fun, and how you play them changes as you level.  For instance, at lower levels, I hardly  ever used my summon, since everything died so quickly, but but starting around Razorwing Ravine with larger pulls, I was using it constantly once I  had skill points to spare for it, and enjoyed it even more.

Idk why you keep talking about it not being overpowered. Im sure people will play it anyway and that one thing has nothing to do with it. I enjoy pve and only pvp when im bored, so if it isnt good in pvp doesnt bother me at all. Im sure onceit comes out people will be getting stomped by wl in pvp and come here and cry...

There will be a huge wave of warlock players and give it about 2 weeks the number will drop.  This is because new players will decide if they like the class and when they realise that pvp is so broken with them some of them will go back to their old classes.  Those who stick will be players who played them on other servers and continue to make it their main.

1 hour ago, Dray0s said:

Is it a pet class?  Sounds like the pet doesn't really stay around.  Summoner seems like a pet class to me.  If the thrall doesn't stay around often, it wouldn't feel like a pet class to me.

1 minute ago, Brand X said:

Is it a pet class?  Sounds like the pet doesn't really stay around.  Summoner seems like a pet class to me.  If the thrall doesn't stay around often, it wouldn't feel like a pet class to me.

It's not a pet class but the pet does provide amazing buffs while it's active + 1 amazing buff that sacrifices the summon.

Playing the class is knowing when to summon / when to sacrifice 

Archived