Forums

Dungeon AFKers

Tyranei

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tyranei said:

How does that take into account players who die to the fire because of impatient players?

It doesn't. It would only lead to more griefing due to said impatient players trying to get loot for themselves. So yeah, not a good idea.

59 minutes ago, Lssi said:

vote kick them ,done (everyone must vote)

Not an option unless it's an offline player. A better idea tbh, but probably won't be an option anyway due to fear of it being abused, which, let's face it, is a very plausible scenario if majority in a party is dickish to the one(s) they wanna kick.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016. 03. 10. at 5:55 PM, Tyranei said:

Yeah, we need a system that gives all party members a prompt to vote whether to kick a player that has activated the prompt through whatever requirements NCsoft decides (no input within a certain amount of time, not doing damage or enough damage, or whatever other methods that would be viable).  The drop he probably rolled 10g on was the Merry Potters recipe, which is currently worth around10-20g.  At least each of you got 2g from him, lol.

He doesnt roll on anything just changed in the party loot options the minimum limit so the votes start from 10g not 1 Copper :)

• 1 year later...

I suspect it's not as many afk players as one would think.  Lag is an issue with this game big time.  I've been hit with it lately, and the shorter dungeons I can barely make it in time to get credit for completion, let alone hit the boss.   Bigger dungeons that have portals I usually can't catch up because I lose over a minute traveling through them.  It's stupid really, I mean come on, just opening my inventory causes the game to stutter.

7 hours ago, VonGrafSpee said:

I suspect it's not as many afk players as one would think.  Lag is an issue with this game big time.  I've been hit with it lately, and the shorter dungeons I can barely make it in time to get credit for completion, let alone hit the boss.   Bigger dungeons that have portals I usually can't catch up because I lose over a minute traveling through them.  It's stupid really, I mean come on, just opening my inventory causes the game to stutter.

I suppose your outdated laptop has nothing to do with it, right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember a time ago You wouldn't get the daily done or participate in the loots if you are at the beginning of the dungeon. No clue what dungeons these were tho.

Yeah bns rlly needs to do sth against that. Especially since there are a lot of players out there with a long loading screen and the others just see them as afkers. Sometimes I'm loading into the dungeon, but the others see that I'm already in the dungeon.

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2017 at 11:22 AM, Backstabpuss said:

I suppose your outdated laptop has nothing to do with it, right?

Not on laptop, desk comp and specially built for gaming.  It is the internet, and it comes and goes.  Have got a new router since post, and that seemed to help.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not just an "AFK" issue, but rather people who aren't AFK, but do stand around and do nothing, follow along and, assuming they do anything at all, will then attempt to outbid on people at the end of the run for the valuable items.

I've had numerous people do this, one last night in fact. They said that they "don't fight weak adds" and stood around in Shattered Masts, giving crap to the rest of the party. Then, at the end, they attempted to take the loot, despite barely contributing. Also that day (also at Masts, go figure), I was on another of my characters and called out an Assassin for standing around. Their response was "What, are you blind? I'm giving BB!", which set off the rest of the party too, since, as we put it, we didn't even need their buff. And, once again, they tried to take any of the loot at the end that was worth anything.

They really should implement systems that allow doucebags like this to be punished. The difficulty is to figure out how to punish lazy players but also not set up a situation in where it could be exploited as well.

On 26/02/2016 at 2:27 PM, Rockbridge said:

Majority of 5 is not going to cut it. That would lead to easy abuse as it would only take 3 people so it needs to be unanimous.

I would like a report afk option. It doesn't have to kick them just report them for a possible ban.

So you can report anyone you want just because you don't like their name, or they're loading too slowly for you, or they didn't want to let the item you wanted, or they made a mistake against a boss etc etc...

On 10/12/2017 at 12:36 AM, VonGrafSpee said:

And more this game get patched, more it is laggy ... It is insane how any other game run perfectly fine, but BNS is a pain to load... And there is loading screens E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E.

I actually just put in a ticket about this today, tried to do my daily dungeon three times and got an afker.

so I went and tried BG's and again got at least 1 every game with normally another one joining them after losing 2/3 of the bases :/

idk what but there needs to be some sort of system put in place to prevent this, it's **** over players :/

the thing is with long loadsingscreen, other people see you "loaded" even if the you are on 90% or so, for me sometimes the game takes so many time to complete the last 5-10%. its kinda random, i noticed the more crowded or what the most players run is slower.  and 1-2 mins of waiting 1 player wont kill you, i hardly see people complaining about me getting in 1 minute later, its just patience.

leechers, are another things. they should be banned from this game. :D

I agree the Afk in dungeon issue is becoming a big issue you see more and more of it then ever, I think there should be a way that the Afker should not receive the quest or be able to bid if he/she does no amount of damage or just stands at the outside of the final boss, a damage amount that can be shown that they are doing nothing to help the group in terms of dps.

Ran EC today with 2 afkers at room mobs part,it lead to mobs getting evasion buff and thus taking much longer than if they would have just killed em straight away. After pointing them out,one of them(a FM) said " ye I'm just waiting  for you guys since after all you can't do last boss without me because you will need to know/work around boss mechs and i doubt you do"

Note: we hade another fm and summoner in team.  Idk why but its almost always FMS/WLS/SUMS that act like this. I really start to think lowly of players who chose to play ranged class where you can brain afk and bawl about how "useful" they(their 1 click buffs) are . All this being reinforced by people who want lots of wls in their party for buffs, pushing ego even higher. 

• 3 weeks later...

This isn't really all that difficult. just bring back the kick. NCsoft took it away to try to force people to play nice. It didn't work, it does not work, it will not work. Just let players kick by majority rule, cause if 1 player is screwing things up, the rest should be able to remove the screwup. Rewarding people for bad gameplay is worse than having elitists cherrypicking the lobby. The 5 people NOT afk should matter more than the 1 person that ruins the party.

Archived