Jump to content
Forums

Dungeon AFKers


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Rockbridge said:

Majority of 5 is not going to cut it. That would lead to easy abuse as it would only take 3 people so it needs to be unanimous.

 

I would like a report afk option. It doesn't have to kick them just report them for a possible ban.

The problem with that though, is that recently there are more than one AFKers.  I've left parties with three AFK bots only to join a party with four.  Now, I usually expect at least two AFKers, because not only has the frequency of bots in dungeons increased but legitimate players are also AFKing because they don't want to put in the effort.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This problem is getting wide-spread.  Before, I'd see one AFKer every couple of dungeons.  But now, every party has at least 1, sometimes more.  A kick feature needs to be implemented.  If a character

Partially agreed.  In addition to my suggested feature there should be something that prevents an AFKer from being able to join any dungeons for a certain duration (1 hour, 1 day, or whatever number s

A prompt that shows up for everyone when a player (including the leader) has done zero damage over the course of 3 minutes would negate a lot of the possible abuse from enabling a kick feature.  The k

SOMETHING must be done. It's getting way out of hand. I did the "big six" today and there was at least one leecher/AFK in each one. 

 

Having no option to vote-kick (unless they have logged out) what-so-ever is laughable. 

 

The abuse issue shouldn't matter, either. Vote kick is in virtually every online game ever made. Kicking someone for being under geared or under leveled (seriously level 25 in Skittering?) isn't always a bad thing.

 

 Would you rather put up with vote kick abuse or put up with rampant afk/leechers? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Giving out the kick option will result in more grievance problems - what if you get kicked by a group so you cant bid, or kick you before final boss... that aint fun.

 

I dont care if they AFK, but get no rewards - Dynamic quest will not be completed, they cannot bid, they cannot loot,they cannot complete daily quest,

and they wont have any earnings from biddings.

 

That mechanism is already in place for some bosses like in e.fleet or nightshade - if you dont do enough damage, a percentile of the boss' HP, you dont get a chest drop. Same mechanism in place for Blackwyrm.

 

Just implement the same mechanism to all bosses.  Let us see if they'll still join dungeon if they dont get anything if they do nothing.

Edited by nikina
revised again
Link to post
Share on other sites

Today has just been the worst.  EVERY SINGLE PARTY has at least one bot/afk leech.  Many times more than one.  I don't care if there is a person sitting on the other end or not, I report all as bot and encourage others in pty to do the same.  Sadly there is no way to get rid of them but I block them and leave to form a new party.  Doesn't matter tho, the next party will have them too, if not the same ones from the pty that just disbanded to get away from them.  Taking away xp and other rewards from them would fix the problem without having a system that could be exploited such as vote kicking.  Please NC do something here and make sure you are investigating bot reports.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got done with monkey king,  3 ppl never even left the lobby.  Half the damn team.  Luckily it's an ez dungeon.  What is even the point of that?  Please tell me these most lazy of all AFKers don't actually get anything for doing this other than the satisfaction of a sad little troll.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, nikina said:

Giving out the kick option will result in more grievance problems - what if you get kicked by a group so you cant bid, or kick you before final boss... that aint fun.

 

I dont care if they AFK, but get no rewards - Dynamic quest will not be completed, they cannot bid, they cannot loot,they cannot complete daily quest,

and they wont have any earnings from biddings.

 

That mechanism is already in place for some bosses like in e.fleet or nightshade - if you dont do enough damage, a percentile of the boss' HP, you dont get a chest drop. Same mechanism in place for Blackwyrm.

 

Just implement the same mechanism to all bosses.  Let us see if they'll still join dungeon if they dont get anything if they do nothing.

My suggestion would eliminate most of the possibilities of grievances.  As I've said before, a prompt for other players would show up asking to vote to kick a player under certain circumstances (such as not moving after a period of time).  I'm not asking for an automatic kick feature or any control over who gets to kick who.  I want a prompt that requires a majority of votes to agree to kick someone that has activated the voting prompt.


Your suggestion would hurt newer players and benefit griefers because all the griefers would have to do is rush to the boss and cause everyone else to die from the fire, thus ensuring they get the loot and preventing everyone else from progressing.  The "do enough damage" strategy doesn't work either because, again, we're reaching a point where newer players do only a fraction of the damage veterans can do due to

9 hours ago, Randomonium said:

Just got done with monkey king,  3 ppl never even left the lobby.  Half the damn team.  Luckily it's an ez dungeon.  What is even the point of that?  Please tell me these most lazy of all AFKers don't actually get anything for doing this other than the satisfaction of a sad little troll.

They do.  Legitimate players AFKing will complete the daily and the AFK bots will auto-bid on things.  Either way, they both benefit from the money that is distributed to everyone else.

Edited by Tyranei
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to single out bots alone here, there are multiple human players who practice this art of afking ..who becomes active only when the instance is done and the loot action has started where they would bid shamelessly for what they want 

 

And If they would have just shut up and gone their way it would have been so easy but most of these individual human specimens goes around trash talking the group with comments ranging from 

"Ty suckers" 

"Thanks for the carry noobs" 

On occasion of asking why bid if u didn't participate 

"Get lost kid" "Cry some more" "Go home to your mummy"

 

Now these individuals are , at least from my view point, worse than the bots plaguing the system at the moment 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We seriously need a 4-man vote system for it to kick afkers, inside or outside the dungeon. Its not only retarded lowbies "afking" the dungeons. Ive had a lvl 45 hm5 in awakened pirate gear afk brightstone scam-bidding moonwater tears. Its just retarded.

 

Getting their tard friend to duo afk is in my opinion a lot of work. So itll prob decrease the amount of afkers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't hard.  AFKs should get nothing, no XP, no loot bids, nada.  Until NC implements a fix the situation will just get worse as it seems they are legitimizing the practice by doing nothing about it.  Step up NC, show us you actually do care about the bot problem.  You do know these bots are part of the gold seller problem right?

Also I report all AFK as bots and encourage my fellow legit players to do the same.  I kinda doubt NC does anything with the reports but at least we are doing our part.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see why people don't just go to lobby, reform party minus the afker/leechers and recruit another person or not recruit?

 

The dungeons are not that tough for a large majority of us. So after the first couple of mobs if they didn't move, reform.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Eye said:

I don't see why people don't just go to lobby, reform party minus the afker/leechers and recruit another person or not recruit?

 

The dungeons are not that tough for a large majority of us. So after the first couple of mobs if they didn't move, reform.

 

Because  Loading  takes forever,  to restart a pt after you  are inside it need to load 4 times to remake a pt,  not all party members  read the chat, not all know to read in english (EU player).

 

More and  more legit players go afk, most of them Premium , they afk at the start  or fallow the pt  and do nothing, yesterday I had an  PREMIUM AFK LFM  in Supply chain, he really like to die and not revive,  then  I threaten him to play or will be reported as afk/bot, he just moved from zone to zone and played from time to time... trash players on cross-server,  one time I had to  look for a pt for 30 minutes because leechers in all pt 1,2 or more and all legit not bots,  the last party  again I needed to threaten the player that I will report him as afk/bot if he didn't move, go figure he insta moved after that...  

 

Edited by TheHorror
Link to post
Share on other sites

In Labyrinth , I have come to personally like afk players who would just stand at spawn ....no need to explain to them what to do ... when compared to people you find across cross server dungeons . 

Agree that some of the mechanics are new and most people have not farmed it yet , but the very least someone can do is to listen to when someone is trying to help 

The method of mashing buttons till everything is dead not really works out for the best 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a carefully thought out votekick feature (that actually works, instead of what we currently have in game) would solve both the bots problem and afk/leech problem.  Either way this thread needs to stay afloat until the day the game isn't plagued by this shitty issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so *cricket* sick of this. Every run turns into a 3 or 4 man because of these leeches. I think there should be a dishonor system that bans them from entering another instance for 24 hours if they don't contribute to a dungeon to keep them away from ppl actually trying to play this game. People hate Summoners? I am starting to really hate Destroyers because 9/10 times it'll be one of them standing at the entrance even if they aren't bots.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had at least 1 bot in my every dungeon party today. A guy with a random name like asdfkghbndfjs, wearing almost nothing, waiting at the entrance, and immediately leaving after moonwater tear bidding. 

Vote-kick option has to implemented, also no bidding, no quest progress to afker is fine solution.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing how they implemented a useless Votekick system...

 

They should change the votekick system, that you can Kick a player in the first 10 mins after the leader joins the dungeon...

Edited by NoeyJD
Added an kick idea option
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2016 at 3:20 AM, TheHorror said:

 

Because  Loading  takes forever,  to restart a pt after you  are inside it need to load 4 times to remake a pt,  not all party members  read the chat, not all know to read in english (EU player).

 

More and  more legit players go afk, most of them Premium , they afk at the start  or fallow the pt  and do nothing, yesterday I had an  PREMIUM AFK LFM  in Supply chain, he really like to die and not revive,  then  I threaten him to play or will be reported as afk/bot, he just moved from zone to zone and played from time to time... trash players on cross-server,  one time I had to  look for a pt for 30 minutes because leechers in all pt 1,2 or more and all legit not bots,  the last party  again I needed to threaten the player that I will report him as afk/bot if he didn't move, go figure he insta moved after that...  

 

 

I'd rather have a longer loading time than being in a party filled with leechers. And not reading chat is an issue on their side. What if something happens and they have to communicate? Besides, the player that chats will have the text inside a bubble above his character. And if you can't read english at all, hope that there's someone who can communicate with you or that you find a party without leechers.

 

What I do if I find a leecher, I inform the party and ask to reform party. If they refuse or don't do anything, I just leave. Usually after the first few mobs you can tell who leeches

Edited by Eye
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 2/26/2016 at 7:27 AM, Rockbridge said:

Majority of 5 is not going to cut it. That would lead to easy abuse as it would only take 3 people so it needs to be unanimous.

 

I would like a report afk option. It doesn't have to kick them just report them for a possible ban.

 They wont be ban, there is no rule against afking only if they were using third party programs could you get them banned but most afkers are just ppl that run into the instance then go do something else, it is a dick move but not a bannable offense.

Edited by HelloMyFriend
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's getting worse and worse, One day Destro was afking in Pigsty, but rest of party party had problems with miniboss near mushrooms so he came and helped kill it and then went back to afking. Or today - some guy just followed rest of the party in Brighstone Ruins but during boss fight he just did nothing. I had agro so I lured boss to him so then he moved a bit and hit boss once or twice. And went back to doing nothing :/

Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing is if the character is just AFK but when that person/bot is also the leader of the group... yesterday a FM in Brightstone Ruins was afk for the whole dungeon and at the end when we were killing the boss he changed the licit minimum on 10G... and was hoping to scam us...luckily noone got scammed...and we had to do the dungeon as a 5 men group, with low lvls too...and got nothing...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blazi said:

One thing is if the character is just AFK but when that person/bot is also the leader of the group... yesterday a FM in Brightstone Ruins was afk for the whole dungeon and at the end when we were killing the boss he changed the licit minimum on 10G... and was hoping to scam us...luckily noone got scammed...and we had to do the dungeon as a 5 men group, with low lvls too...and got nothing...

Yeah, we need a system that gives all party members a prompt to vote whether to kick a player that has activated the prompt through whatever requirements NCsoft decides (no input within a certain amount of time, not doing damage or enough damage, or whatever other methods that would be viable).  The drop he probably rolled 10g on was the Merry Potters recipe, which is currently worth around10-20g.  At least each of you got 2g from him, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jiggy - today I saw leecher who followed party to boss and started afk there. He hit boss maybe twice with lmb when I lured it to him. Damage to boss dealt - can take part in auction. So leechers will always find a way.

Edited by LordMg
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LordMg said:

@Jiggy - today I saw leecher who followed party to boss and started afk there. He hit boss maybe twice with lmb when I lured it to him. Damage to boss dealt - can take part in auction. So leechers will always find a way.

 

Sure, there would still be those kind of people. But forcing players to pay attention to the party's progression and making them contribute a little bit should, in most cases, lead to the intentional afkers contributing fully because you might as well, right? If you have to tag along then the pain is over faster if you also contribute.

My suggestion denies the option for the afkers to just tab out and watch a 20 minute youtube video before returning to bid once the boss is dead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jiggy said:

How about not letting players take part in auctions if they haven't done any dmg to the boss and/or its ads?

How does that take into account players who die to the fire because of impatient players?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...