Dungeon AFKers

Tyranei

This problem is getting wide-spread.  Before, I'd see one AFKer every couple of dungeons.  But now, every party has at least 1, sometimes more.  A kick feature needs to be implemented.  If a character hasn't done damage to an enemy over-say 3 minutes-then it initiates a vote kick option for the other players.  It can't be used to kick someone you don't like and it allows legitimate players to kick the leeching bots (and helping the economy).  Sure I could solo most of the dungeons now but its still annoying.  AFKers are becoming too big of a problem to ignore.

Yes, I realize there are several threads already.  The intent is to capture the developers attention.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A prompt that shows up for everyone when a player (including the leader) has done zero damage over the course of 3 minutes would negate a lot of the possible abuse from enabling a kick feature.  The kick prompt would be just like the party invite prompt with the option to vote Yes or No on kicking the subject in question.  Of course this doesn't take into account someone who has to legitimately go AFK but that person could try communicating to his party members that he needs to step away from a few minutes and hopefully his party members will be kind enough to not vote to kick him.

If im in a pt with an afker and i have some friends i would just sit there in front of the afker to spite em :3

But yea its really a problem if i get into a dung and theirs an afker or bot i leave right away, honestly if they dont put in a system to deal with afkers I dunno how they gonna combat bots

At this point I think that NC really likes bots a lot,  first of all why does  the  drop Auction includes someone who didn't even move, why it's split  with someone who is  at the beginning of the dungeon.... just why.

So to not be treated as an ars for just ranting  here are some of my solutions some hard to implement some easy:

- Limit  repeat dungeon, after 1st 1 h, after 2nd 2hours, after 3rd  24hours cool down, this apply only to  blue dungeons from moonwater region.

- 4 DIGIT random PIN  when you try to enter  from cross server to dungeon. 

- TIME based Vote/kick  that auto-activates on afk timer,  if it exceeds 1 min auto kick  no vote  required.

- DAMAGE based Vote/Kick, if x player didn't do  at least  50k  damage  until boss room auto kick  no vote  required.

- INSTANCE based kick, simple, no more fire outside boss room  but a portal to boss room, teleports to a separate instance, who is not inside it does  not benefit from daily quest or  drops/gold, also the room portal should  be  closed the moment a boss has reached 75% HP, this gives enough time for all active players to be inside, also  auto kick  no vote  required if still outside.

- Block players to join cross-server dungeons for 7 days that recieved  more than 20 blocks  inside the cross-server  

- Never get paired with a player that you personally blocked,

This is why we really need this:

Screenshot_160224_002.jpg

If you wonder why I have this low gold is because my email got hacked  and I got f-ed, NCsoft did nothing beside block me for 3 days  while changing my account email, lesson learned  use strong pin,  even so your biggest account weakness is the email, because you can change everything  if you have access to that  including password and pin.

Also a new screenshot taken a few moment ago:

Screenshot_160224_003.jpg

Screenshot_160224_004.jpgInsert other media

There should be no auto-kick feature.  I love duo'ing dungeons and content with a friend of mine across all MMOs and often-times we'll take a short break between fights.  An auto-kick feature would hamper players who want to just enjoy the game rather than rushing through content.  This is why I've suggested a prompt that shows up for all other party members when a member has done zero damage over a period of 2-3 minutes (with the process starting over after a failed kick if another 2-3 minutes has passed under the same prerequisites).  This allows the person in question to communicate to his party members in hopes they don't kick him if he has to legitimately go AFK and allows everyone else to have the power to kick those AFKers.  I mean, even if someone were to say they need to go AFK but have been sitting at the entrance the whole time or if members have noticed he's been really slacking they can decide to vote-kick him anyways.  It gives democratic power to the party members without much in the way of exploitation.

In x-server dungeons and in the absence of a studio solution, I try and encourage the four or five non-afk players to leave party and form up their own then redo whatever is needed. I inform everyone that I'm off if there's a hint of an afk in the party. I know it's not much and it's an inconvenience, but I'm sick of players fecking each other over for what... virtual loot. 

And today, I was asked to leave a party because I said I was sick of afk'ers. So fine... if the 'bad guy' in this scenario is the one trying to take a stand against the leeching cretins that are now in the vast majority of x-server runs, then I simply give up. BDO on Sunday for me and I'm not going to look back.

The game has good points... but the community has a festering canker that is rapidly spreading.

I would like say something from my point of view. My loading time is very slow due to my potato comp and possibly wifi connection. Sometime,  I would crash if I entered in a cross-server dungeon. I mean is it fair to kick those people who are still loading? 

I prefer to simply have

- vote kick option, screw the abuse, have played other games with vote kick feature and it being abuse is less than the amount of leecher/afk-er we see here

- auto kick after a certain amount of time of inactivity, stop people from going afk mid run without saying anything, and if you need to go afk for  a long time, clearing the dungeon would probably be the least of your worry, at least allow the group to be able to recruit people or simply continue on without you.

10 hours ago, Mirei said:

I would like say something from my point of view. My loading time is very slow due to my potato comp and possibly wifi connection. Sometime,  I would crash if I entered in a cross-server dungeon. I mean is it fair to kick those people who are still loading? 

Speaking from someone who has long load times, I'm still in favor of the system I suggested.  As far as I know, you aren't in the dungeon until you've loaded.  Even so, the timer could start when the player has finished loading.

I agree about adding a way to prevent AFK-er. For example, add a 3 minutes AFK timer. No movement/action in 3 minute, automatically disconnect the player.

Some trouble I had while playing on cross-server: I'm playing from a location far from the server, so I may get some connection problem (I got error 1000 last time) which disconnect me. Those long loading screen also make me unable to participate in early sub-boss battle. The game also add the "firewall" feature which would prevent me joining more boss battle. But, I'm not on AFK, I try to keep up with the party.

Add a "Report AFK" button.

If the player gets 5 reports, they get kicked from the party.

Cannot be used in combat/during loot like our current vote-kick (or fix the current one already, *cricket* it has been over a month)

4 hours ago, alveil said:

I agree about adding a way to prevent AFK-er. For example, add a 3 minutes AFK timer. No movement/action in 3 minute, automatically disconnect the player.

Some trouble I had while playing on cross-server: I'm playing from a location far from the server, so I may get some connection problem (I got error 1000 last time) which disconnect me. Those long loading screen also make me unable to participate in early sub-boss battle. The game also add the "firewall" feature which would prevent me joining more boss battle. But, I'm not on AFK, I try to keep up with the party.

Again, I can't agree with any sort of auto-kick feature.  Friends like to do content casually all the time and if they take a break they'll get kicked and have to start over.  That would be no fun.  Just have a prompt for the other players that asks if they want to kick.  Whether you need unanimous or just a majority is up to the developers but a prompt would be significantly better than anything automatic.

57 minutes ago, Eckin said:

Add a "Report AFK" button.

If the player gets 5 reports, they get kicked from the party.

Cannot be used in combat/during loot like our current vote-kick (or fix the current one already, *cricket* it has been over a month)

Partially agreed.  In addition to my suggested feature there should be something that prevents an AFKer from being able to join any dungeons for a certain duration (1 hour, 1 day, or whatever number seems good).  Actually having a punishment for AFKers to prevent them from just immediately joining another group would be necessary to go along with my suggestion.

20 minutes ago, Tyranei said:

Partially agreed.  In addition to my suggested feature there should be something that prevents an AFKer from being able to join any dungeons for a certain duration (1 hour, 1 day, or whatever number seems good).  Actually having a punishment for AFKers to prevent them from just immediately joining another group would be necessary to go along with my suggestion.

I was going to add something like that to my suggestion but I got mixed feelings about how such feature could be used to punish players. Maybe a 30min timeout at best, just in case.

1 hour ago, Eckin said:

I was going to add something like that to my suggestion but I got mixed feelings about how such feature could be used to punish players. Maybe a 30min timeout at best, just in case.

Yeah, numbers can be changed.  What we need is just a non-abusable system to fight against the bots.

Unanimous decision is not a good vote system. I've played a game with such system for kicking a party member, most of the time, the kick request failed due to someone give a "No" vote or the timeout automatically select "No" as default. Majority vote may work better.

3 hours ago, alveil said:

Unanimous decision is not a good vote system. I've played a game with such system for kicking a party member, most of the time, the kick request failed due to someone give a "No" vote or the timeout automatically select "No" as default. Majority vote may work better.

Majority of 5 is not going to cut it. That would lead to easy abuse as it would only take 3 people so it needs to be unanimous.

I would like a report afk option. It doesn't have to kick them just report them for a possible ban.

Archived