How to beat summoner as a sin

azraelkun

Some are sneaky hehe.

Btw a small tip of ur a sin.

The only time u can hit his dantelion n sum goes inv is when all ur skilla are on cds n u need to buffer some secs.so u hit him he goes inv u watch him carefully n then boom with any off cd skill

Congratz on defeating an Alley Cat summoner. Have fun doing that with House Cat summoners, who don't even need to throw 10% of their health away to heal the pet.

The best tip against summoners as assassin is (from what I can tell):

-don't get hit by Doom 'n' Bloom. Use your resist skills.

-hit & run. Stay in stealth as much as you can.

6 minutes ago, Vexe said:

Congratz on defeating an Alley Cat summoner. Have fun doing that with House Cat summoners, who don't even need to heal the pet.

The best tip against summoners as assassin is:

-don't get hit by Doom 'n' Bloom. Use your resist skills.

-hit & run. Stay in stealth as much as you can.

That says much about summoners i guess right?

But stay tunned to watch many summoners get wp XD

damn my upload speed (1) take forever to upload.

But yes thats the tactic.

I also working on a new more bold tactics cause dont wanna hear omg sins run n hit then run etc hehehhe

9 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

That says much about summoners i guess right?

But stay tunned to watch many summoners get wp XD

damn my upload speed (1) take forever to upload.

But yes thats the tactic.

I also working on a new more bold tactics cause dont wanna hear omg sins run n hit then run etc hehehhe

It does say that Summoners have a huge advantage against assassins if you let them use Doom 'n' Bloom. Afaik it ruins your stealth and you guys need stealth. Meanwhile abusing stealth smartly drains the summoner of his focus and 0 focus = no dandelion.

Bold tactics might be a bad idea, because the cat will be messing up your CCs and you can't do much to stop House Cats.

3 minutes ago, Minity said:

so retarded that we as sin have to follow so many rules to beat BD, Destr and summoners. they just need to bash buttons

You do realize that if a Blade Dancer just "bashes buttons", he'll get destroyed hard by Assassins, right?

You need to follow rules because that's how PvP works. If you want to defeat your weakness classes, you need to have a strategy.

A bad summoner would just get hit & run stunlocked by assassins, we need to be careful with our cooldowns and predict our enemies, too.

5 minutes ago, AxeWife said:

No bomb on cat.

As a newbie summoner that makes me curious. Could you please explain? Do you mean the remote mine or the countdown rocket? What is the advantage of using it over the slash knockdown?

2 minutes ago, AxeWife said:

Not to burst your bubble but that is one bad SM..

No house cat... No Q on cat while you stealth.. No bomb on cat.. 

Yeah.. No, thats not how you beat a summoner.

Well i have many vids with same tactic beating sum

Surely i have seen better sum .

But sins have to work in that direction(tactic).

As for bds im working on that causei would be plat if i didnt loose many match ups vs lbds and surely sins have to work on avoiding their mark that can combo u 100to 0 in 10 secs

29 minutes ago, Vexe said:

As a newbie summoner that makes me curious. Could you please explain? Do you mean the remote mine or the countdown rocket? What is the advantage of using it over the slash knockdown?

If he goes stealth, put petals up, bomb on the floor around the cat, stay on top of the cat and have him on Q.

Petals make both of you avoid shuriken (ranged) and if he wants to hit you he will have to step into the bomb.

At that moment you explode it, he gets knocked down, you use flowers to keep him off stealth and dps. 

When he goes back to stealth, rewind, repeat. :)

17 minutes ago, AxeWife said:

If he goes stealth, put petals up, bomb on the floor around the cat, stay on top of the cat and have him on Q.

Petals make both of you avoid shuriken (ranged) and if he wants to hit you he will have to step into the bomb.

At that moment you explode it, he gets knocked down, you use flowers to keep him off stealth and dps. 

When he goes back to stealth, rewind, repeat. :)

Sure but sin can use 3 to restealth without trigger bomb  plus u will give sin time to get hid cds bk up 

By the way, making the fight against a Summoner longer lets him heal himself more with Bloom 'n' Doom (a lot, depends on damage), petals (10% + 2% each resist) and maybe True Friend (5% - 20%).

You might want to be careful about wasting time for cooldowns. >_>

11 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

cdsSure but sin can use 3 to restealth without trigger bomb  plus u will give sin time to get hid cds bk up 

I have no clue on what C is but so far the bomb has never let me down. It lets a lot of sins down tho, pun intended. :)

Afaik C is full resist 5x slash attack. Then he uses V to teleport to his flower + 1 sec resist.

Though I think doing this will just make him vulnerable to Doom 'n' Bloom after the teleport and he's losing two 30-45sec cooldown skills. >_>

2 minutes ago, Vexe said:

DoAfaik C is full resist 5x slash attack. Then he uses V to teleport to his flower + 1 sec resist.

Though I think doing this will just make him vulnerable to Doom 'n' Bloom after the teleport and he's losing two 30-45sec cooldown skills. >_>

Dont forget his tab swap.

It seems wr troubleshooting

Im so glad seems sp constractive cause everyone has a chance to learn something of it 

40 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

I forgot to mentioned to sins that they can take off the 2 points frpm webbing n spec decoy for 20% focus damage on enemy in every counter n u decoy a lot in this match

lol

So what happens if our cat hits you, 0% focus drain for the summoner, I guess?

Summoners use the right mouse button a lot to deal damage. Here's the skills bound to RMB:

Rumblebees / Sunflower & Super Sunflower (from what I can tell Rumblebee summoners are rare)

Entangle (anti-defense 3sec knockdown. 16 seconds cooldown, no focus cost)

By the way, our cats have Power Pounce, it's the ground grab skill. With skill points 5sec pindown with 10sec defense skill disable and -50% defense.

Activation condition: Target stunned / dazed / knockdown / unconscious, or target defending.

So what this means is that if you don't time it exactly right every time, a plant will be coming out of the ground to knock you down, or the cat will grab you and make you open for Super Sunflower spam. By the way, Sunflower is instant, that means it will never get caught with decoy (Entangle will trigger instead).

The focus refuction applyies to sum cause pet is a part of sum .i usually q n ss cat save my decoy for sum ranged attacks.

Surely u must have seen that sins decoy many times in a figh vs sum or fms so its crucial that reduction n its reduction by 20% of ur current focus..

It could be a detail that vould win a match if correct stradegy wise.

What worries me is ur cats grap for 6 r 8 sec n u unload a shit ton of damage XD seems like if u avoid this ur 1 step closer to win

Cat and Summoner are usually completely separate (hell, the cat can act while we're dead) and they have their own set of automatic skills, so are you sure about -20% focus affecting the summoner instead of the cat?

I've seen them use Decoy a bunch of times and usually my cat hits it, but I haven't paid attention to focus loss.

I'm having a hard time pinning Assassins, because you guys immediately use escape skills on knockdown/daze.

That summoner was really bad. I am close to diamond and trust me a good summoner will make your life a living hell for a sin. it is a completely one sided match and the summoner will always win no matter what you do. only good ones that is. without legendary woodblock it is still possible to beat decent one or below. but against a really good summoner trust me you have no chance

i am not sure if this is a bug but when their cat grapple you you won't be able to tab out at all even though i spec 3 points into my tab. so that match is already lost due to this. 

9 minutes ago, TakunDes said:

i am not sure if this is a bug but when their cat grapple you you won't be able to tab out at all even though i spec 3 points into my tab. so that match is already lost due to this. 

First we need to catch you defenseless to use power pounce. >_>

But yeah like I meantioned, if you invest 2 skill points into power pounce, it pins for 5sec, drops defense by half and disables defense skills for 10sec. You can't escape. A third skill point will then re-knockdown you in 5 seconds afterwards.

(the other paths of power pounce are for damage, so summoners won't be picking them for PvP)

Its true many times tab cant br used im like wt f smashing tab lol.

Takun@ im new player in gold still lesrning sure i agree plat or dia sum will be another case.

Reason of this vid was that previous days i had my usually pvp st up n no chance to beat them but after many days fighting srarching thinking...this tactic gives serious chances vs sum...dont focus on the player sum focus on what the sin do yeah pve build hit run flower bold step get the hell out of there when flower etc.

Also studying sum skills helped me a lot

Archived