HOLY CHRIST THIS LAG!!

Skyfire

Can you guys pay your hamsters more please??? Pretty f-in please????  How can I do mushin's tower if there is a half a second delay with each damn cast??  I can download at 150 mbps, up 12 mpbs. and the ping to your crappy server is over 300!  NO OTHER GAME lags like this.  Jesus Christ I got better ping than this playing on Chinese servers across the world.  Ffs fix your crappy servers... yes that means you'll have to spend a bloody half a million on a new one; deal with it.

27 minutes ago, Eves said:

The Problem is on your end, Server are running fine.

Sry m8, but no. I have quite a high latency too, not as high as OP, but still, 150ms is too high if you live 400km away from Frankfurt and in another games with servers in the same location give latency of 40ms max....

1 minute ago, STR4ng3r said:

Sry m8, but no. I have quite a high latency too, not as high as OP, but still, 150ms is too high if you live 400km away from Frankfurt and in another games with servers in the same location give latency of 40ms max....

Baseically, it is simply explained, The Servers are running fine for the majority of the players.

So it has to be on your Side (HW Configuration / ISP Routing Configuration)

Which Tool do you use to check your ping? Task Manager?

yes task manager and it's not on my end.  every game that I run online runs perfectly fine.  Average ping is bout 40.  As low as 17.  This is the only garbage server (Mushin) that's causing issues.  Please don't tell me it's on my end, I am well versed with network infrastructure and have several qualifications.  It's their servers, trust me, and I'd prove it if I didn't have to get passed some of their hidden networks (you can only trace so far).  But the hops are clear.

1 minute ago, Eves said:

Baseically, it is simply explained, The Servers are running fine for the majority of the players.

Yes, I checked the ping via the task manager, not for the value, but mainly for the confirmation of the "feeling" ingame, ping is not stable, and as a KfM player, I know it even without any ping measurement. 

If it was a routing issue, I would have the same problems with other game servers located in Frankfurt, most probably.

Only thing I changed since the game was released was the system, upgraded from W7 to W10, however I doubt that's the issue, but if you have some evidence it can be this, I will gladly revert back to W7 and share my findings.

1 minute ago, STR4ng3r said:

Yes, I checked the ping via the task manager, not for the value, but mainly for the confirmation of the "feeling" ingame, ping is not stable, and as a KfM player, I know it even without any ping measurement. 

If it was a routing issue, I would have the same problems with other game servers located in Frankfurt, most probably.

Only thing I changed since the game was released was the system, upgraded from W7 to W10, however I doubt that's the issue, but if you have some evidence it can be this, I will gladly revert back to W7 and share my findings.

the taskmanager ping refers to the DataCenter Servers not to the Gameserver. Thats why it shows you a highping.

I'm using W10 too without a single issue.

Try to install WTFast (its not bannable) if the game runs fine with it you should get in contact with your ISP 

btw, WTFast is free2Test and you can check the Gameserverping.

@Skyfire Same for you :-) 

13 minutes ago, Eves said:

the taskmanager ping refers to the DataCenter Servers not to the Gameserver. Thats why it shows you a highping.

I'm using W10 too without a single issue.

Try to install WTFast (its not bannable) if the game runs fine with it you should get in contact with your ISP 

btw, WTFast is free2Test and you can check the Gameserverping.

@Skyfire Same for you :-) 

I was considering a software like WTFast, but I guess my lazyness has beaten up this effort :D
I'll try it and see if it will improve anything. Thanks for the suggestion, even though I considered it earlier, you convinced me to finally do it ;)

I shouldn't need any special programs like WTFast, I already made some custom registry tweaks to enable the analog algorithm (basically cuts down on ping by about 80%), which is just what programs like WTFast use.  However if a network is bad, there's no way of getting around it.  I'm also from California connecting to their garbage Dallas servers.  Thank you for the suggestions though, I do appreciate them.

So, I tested WTFast yesterday, it shows me average ping of 42, and my average ping without WTFast intervention shows 44, so the difference is minimal. However the game reaction still feels like the ping is much higher than shown, while getting stable 60-70 FPS, so it's not caused by HW insufficiency. 

Dunno where's the problem then, I even eliminated the mouse button delay. Any thoughts?

13 minutes ago, STR4ng3r said:

So, I tested WTFast yesterday, it shows me average ping of 42, and my average ping without WTFast intervention shows 44, so the difference is minimal. However the game reaction still feels like the ping is much higher than shown, while getting stable 60-70 FPS, so it's not caused by HW insufficiency. 

Dunno where's the problem then, I even eliminated the mouse button delay. Any thoughts?

Maybe you still suffering from an input lag

1 minute ago, Eves said:

Maybe you still suffering from an input lag

No input lag, maybe I expressed myself wrong, the game reacts without delay or something like that, just the "feel" is not exactly right, if you know what I mean. Like if the ping is higher than WTFast shows...

You can try this, worked for me pretty well.

Nagle’s Algorithm

Nagle’s algorithm combines several small packets into a single, larger packet for more efficient transmissions. This is designed to improve throughput efficiency of data transmission. Disabling “nagling” can help reduce latency/ping in some games. Nagle’s algorithm is enabled in Windows by default.

To implement this tweak, modify the following registry keys.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{NIC-id}
For the {NIC-id}, look for the one with your IP address listed. Under this {NIC-id} key, create the following DWORD value:

• TcpAckFrequency and set it to 1 to disable “nagling” for gaming.
  • TCPNoDelay and set it also to 1 to disable “nagling”
  • TcpDelAckTicks and set it to 0

Note: Some reports say that the tweaks did reduce latency when playing Dota 2 and League of Legends but it doesn’t work for some. I have tried it and my latency improved from 110 to 90ms (SEA Server) when playing Dota 2.

Network Throttling Index

Windows implements a network throttling mechanism, the idea behind such throttling is that processing of network packets can be a resource-intensive task. It is beneficial to turn off such throttling for achieving maximum throughput.

To implement this tweak, run regedit and modify the registryHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile.

Under SystemProfile, create a DWORD value and name it to “NetworkThrottlingIndex” then set its Hexadecimal value to ffffffff for gaming and max throughput: ffffffff completely disables throttling.

System Gaming Responsiveness

Multimedia streaming and some games that uses “Multimedia Class Scheduler” service (MMCSS) can only utilize up to 80% of the CPU. The “Multimedia Class Scheduler” service (MMCSS) ensures prioritized access to CPU resources, without denying CPU resources to lower-priority background applications.

To implement this tweak, run regedit and modify the registry keyHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile.

From there, create a new DWORD and name it to “SystemResponsiveness” set its hexadecimal value to 00000000 for pure gaming/streaming.

In the same Registry hive as the above tweak, you can also change the priority of Games. To implement this tweak, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile\Tasks\Games and change the following registry values:

• “GPU Priority” change its values to 8 for gaming.
  • “Priority” set to 6 for gaming.

dont forget to restart your PC :-)

2 minutes ago, STR4ng3r said:

Of course I'll post an update to this topic, it may help other ppl with similar problems and I think we all want to play fluently, right? ;)

Disable Windows Update Delivery Optimization

Microsoft decided to make every PC running windows 10 as their update server which technically consumes your bandwidth and not a friendly feature for those people who are subscribed to an Internet Plan that has a daily data cap limit and could highly increase your Ping during gaming.
asda

To turn this feature OFF, follow these given steps:

• Go to Settings in the Start menu
  • Search for Update & Security
  • Under Windows Update, open Advanced Options
  • Under Choose How Updates are Installed, select Choose how updates are delivered
  • Disable the toggle under Updated from More than One Place

you can try this aswell :-) it kills your Ping so hard !

39 minutes ago, Eves said:

Disable Windows Update Delivery Optimization

Microsoft decided to make every PC running windows 10 as their update server which technically consumes your bandwidth and not a friendly feature for those people who are subscribed to an Internet Plan that has a daily data cap limit and could highly increase your Ping during gaming.
asda

To turn this feature OFF, follow these given steps:

• Go to Settings in the Start menu
  • Search for Update & Security
  • Under Windows Update, open Advanced Options
  • Under Choose How Updates are Installed, select Choose how updates are delivered
  • Disable the toggle under Updated from More than One Place

you can try this aswell :-) it kills your Ping so hard !

Yeah, those famous Win 10 for free. I knew there will be a catch somewhere :D Ty for pointing this out ;)

every time ppl complain that there are lags or dc or smth. i have lags too 200-250ms is a standard for me.

and every fc-in time there are ppl who says " The problem is on your end. servers are running fine"

No they are not. NCsoft is screweing with us. too many ppl have problems. and guess what. we dont play only bns. we play other games too. and other games work fine. maybe explain how i can play lets say wot? with 30ms? lol with 35-40ms? and how come bns is laging the exavt same moment?

its not our fault. and its not our hardware/software problem. its ncsoft fault. but they dont care about the game and customers. they do nothing with mainetances, server crashes, dcs lags, bots, gold sellers, spammers, afkers, ppl who spam offesive shit on chat ... and so on.

have u ever seen a GM in-game? did nc ask us how is our experiencewith playing? do they even reply on forum? they even cant stop spam on forum...

this is sad. we need better publisher

On 2/23/2016 at 9:27 AM, Eves said:

No it doesn't. You are trying to explain a complex problem with a simple approach, it's not working in this case.

If I ping the server IP i get 15ms.

When I play the game in arena I have 300ms (same IP).

Difference between ping and playing is not on my end. It is the time the server requires to process the input. It can respond instantly to a ping request, but for some reason the server takes 275ms more to respond to "game" inputs. Go figure.

48 minutes ago, Hakufu said:

No it doesn't. You are trying to explain a complex problem with a simple approach, it's not working in this case.

If I ping the server IP i get 15ms.

When I play the game in arena I have 300ms (same IP).

Difference between ping and playing is not on my end. It is the time the server requires to process the input. It can respond instantly to a ping request, but for some reason the server takes 275ms more to respond to "game" inputs. Go figure.

Well, actually the weird "feel" also seems like overloaded server to me, Windrest here, obviously :)

5 minutes ago, ZerosuMetallium said:

You know you playing USA servers not EU? Servers are in USA when we EU players play the game we have lags. Cool to know EU server is fake? :D

Since there are actually ppl on eu servers who play with a ping arround 50ms, i highly doubt that eu servers are fake

Archived