BM vs BD tips?

TheStevieJ

Sitting at around 1750 in gold right now, and BD are still a struggle for me to learn how to fight? Any tips?

How do I know to block behind me from their backstab lunge thing?

Is the best course of action when they did their resist shield thing to run and Q/E if they get close?

Best way to stop them from spinning is Z pull cause 3 deflects?

Any tips appreciated on helping me figure this class out

I was stuck for at that point too last week, but I passed it. Now at 1870 the gates of platinum are heavily guarded by the hordes of barbaric destryoers and summoners...

I find BD quite easy on BM actually, its such a simplistic class that I don't need to play it to fully understand it. Matches usually go like>

Opener-you can easily get the opener on them, jump in the air and space>Z>space>RB stun them. They have two ways they can outplay you on that and that is if they SS or if they use their resist shield. Wait a bit before doing it to see what will they do and make sure you engage after it. If you see them start spinning, go for it pull goes through spin. If you see them SS let them outplay theirselves, wait them and then go for it. If you see a shield run the *cricket* away with air sprint, you'll probably get pentaslash'd into the air but at least their shield will be wasted. I also noticed a neat little thing, even if you dont see their shield cause they're in the distance and havent loaded it yet, you can always hear its sound pop from the other side of the map. If they tab out of your opener they're pretty much toast,wait for their shield and you can 100-0 them after if you dont *cricket* up.

Now blade cancers have like 3-4 ways to initiate you and 2 ways for them to do real damage aside from the typical air combos. If you learn how to counter all of these you'll win most cancers. Their initiations go like>Pentaslash (five-point-strike or whatever it is called for us), their Windchaser version, their choke and their suck in + air combo. Oh some of them actually play with the guard break projectile, if you notice them having it dont stand still blocking or you're a sitting duck.

-You Can punish them on their pentaslash by blocking (again, if you know their guard break is on cd) and mashing Q, once they start their animation you'll Q behind them, instantly after that use E and then block. They will get parried and you'll have a free initiation for yourself. Its pretty difficult to reflex Q it though so you gotta expect it.

-Their windchaser you can simply block it, or Q/E again.

-Their choke you can either get a lucky iframe on it (I sometimes iframe it by instinct somehow) or you can counter their soul blade mark with your 2 while choked (you use it instantly after you see that black sword that hits you in the back of your head launch from them) Sometimes they wont use soulblade mark and just let the choke end so they can daze+air combo you, you can F roll out of that.. on theory.. but they can just suck you back in so I rather take that hit there.

-Their suck in is usually a ping battle, can you F roll out of it faster than he can launch you into the air? 

Now their two burst damage options are soulblade mark and their draw stance spam (the one you're having troubles with). Their soulblade mark I already wrote above how to counter it. As for their draw stance stun, they usually do it after an air combo once you're knocked down after it. If you're in that situation NEVER roll out, instead, let them do their 4 (same as ours, puts them into draw stance) then wait on the ground for a second and a half or so, and then use your ground-getup counter. Most of blade cancers blow their draw stance dash stun into that and get knocked down. But even if they dont, theres a fraction of the second after your counter ends where you can mash Q and dodge their dash (if you rolled out instead you would be locked in the roll animation, therefor they can get you like that). If you find yourself in a situation where they wanna stun you from a distance using their draw stance dash stun instead of being on the ground, dont try to block behind you just Q/E it. Q/E works on anything tbh.

I hope that helped a bit, I play the game since launch so I'm in no way a good player or something (I'm a gold scrub actually) so I might of been wrong somewhere.

8 minutes ago, Kyojin said:

I was stuck for at that point too last week, but I passed it. Now at 1870 the gates of platinum are heavily guarded by the hordes of barbaric destryoers and summoners...

I find BD quite easy on BM actually, its such a simplistic class that I don't need to play it to fully understand it. Matches usually go like>

Opener-you can easily get the opener on them, jump in the air and space>Z>space>RB stun them. They have two ways they can outplay you on that and that is if they SS or if they use their resist shield. Wait a bit before doing it to see what will they do and make sure you engage after it. If you see them start spinning, go for it pull goes through spin. If you see them SS let them outplay theirselves, wait them and then go for it. If you see a shield run the *cricket* away with air sprint, you'll probably get pentaslash'd into the air but at least their shield will be wasted. I also noticed a neat little thing, even if you dont see their shield cause they're in the distance and havent loaded it yet, you can always hear its sound pop from the other side of the map. If they tab out of your opener they're pretty much toast,wait for their shield and you can 100-0 them after if you dont *cricket* up.

Now blade cancers have like 3-4 ways to initiate you and 2 ways for them to do real damage aside from the typical air combos. If you learn how to counter all of these you'll win most cancers. Their initiations go like>Pentaslash (five-point-strike or whatever it is called for us), their Windchaser version, their choke and their suck in + air combo. Oh some of them actually play with the guard break projectile, if you notice them having it dont stand still blocking or you're a sitting duck.

-You Can punish them on their pentaslash by blocking (again, if you know their guard break is on cd) and mashing Q, once they start their animation you'll Q behind them, instantly after that use E and then block. They will get parried and you'll have a free initiation for yourself. Its pretty difficult to reflex Q it though so you gotta expect it.

-Their windchaser you can simply block it, or Q/E again.

-Their choke you can either get a lucky iframe on it (I sometimes iframe it by instinct somehow) or you can counter their soul blade mark with your 2 while choked (you use it instantly after you see that black sword that hits you in the back of your head launch from them) Sometimes they wont use soulblade mark and just let the choke end so they can daze+air combo you, you can F roll out of that.. on theory.. but they can just suck you back in so I rather take that hit there.

-Their suck in is usually a ping battle, can you F roll out of it faster than he can launch you into the air? 

Now their two burst damage options are soulblade mark and their draw stance spam (the one you're having troubles with). Their soulblade mark I already wrote above how to counter it. As for their draw stance stun, they usually do it after an air combo once you're knocked down after it. If you're in that situation NEVER roll out, instead, let them do their 4 (same as ours, puts them into draw stance) then wait on the ground for a second and a half or so, and then use your ground-getup counter. Most of blade cancers blow their draw stance dash stun into that and get knocked down. But even if they dont, theres a fraction of the second after your counter ends where you can mash Q and dodge their dash (if you rolled out instead you would be locked in the roll animation, therefor they can get you like that). If you find yourself in a situation where they wanna stun you from a distance using their draw stance dash stun instead of being on the ground, dont try to block behind you just Q/E it. Q/E works on anything tbh.

I hope that helped a bit, I play the game since launch so I'm in no way a good player or something (I'm a gold scrub actually) so I might of been wrong somewhere.

Thanks for the insight :). This will surely help :)

Archived