Forums

FPS Drop & Freezing Issues

Azryn

1 minute ago, Azryn said:

I know that. Hence why I said it doesn't affect it.

I was merely contributing to the discussion of latency above,

however still drawing it back to my original issue of freezing, which is the point of this thread.

oh ok. sorry

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what I did when I had the same problems:

1- Repair the client
2- Update drivers
3- Lower the sound quality to 44k1 Hz, disable Room Correction.
4- http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues (google translate)
5- Change settings of windows to better performance
6- For AMD users disable AMD External Events service

7- Try to Alt+Enter in game to swap to real fullscreen mode

8- Try to defrag ur HD (not if u have a SSD)

Now playing at 80 fps and 35-40 with about 20 people around (field bosses), 45-50 if I have enabled optimized for combat.

2 minutes ago, Larzuk said:

This is what I did when I had the same problems:

1- Repair the client
2- Update drivers
3- Lower the sound quality to 44k1 Hz, disable Room Correction.
4- http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues (google translate)
5- Change settings of windows to better performance
6- For AMD users disable AMD External Events service

7- Try to Alt+Enter in game to swap to real fullscreen mode

Now playing at 80 fps and 35-40 with about 20 people around (field bosses), 45-50 if I have enabled optimized for combat.

1. It auto-repairs everytime I load
2. Last time I did that the game chain crashed until I reverted back to previous version
3. I don't see how that would fix anything. 
4. Don't have connection issues, its fps issues.
5. How would that effect the game?
6. I have AMD but I don't see anything listed as that

7. Made the game even more unstable

24 minutes ago, Hypatios said:

That is really odd because if you live in a city or even a suburban area you shouldn't be getting 200ms Brisbane > Austin is roughly 220ms so there is no way you should be getting in that range from Canada which is way closer 

IKR? its bs, i usually sit around 250ms which is still high i think its something screwy with the servers 

1 minute ago, dmoe33 said:

IKR? its bs, i usually sit around 250ms which is still high i think its something screwy with the servers 

probably is the client is also poorly optimized, if your lag problems started with the last patch that is probably what caused it. You should do a speedtest with all your ping services that you use, and also using the un-guided service to determine which is your best option 

4 minutes ago, Hypatios said:

probably is the client is also poorly optimized, if your lag problems started with the last patch that is probably what caused it. You should do a speedtest with all your ping services that you use, and also using the un-guided service to determine which is your best option 

dont know exactly what u mean by unguided service not super familiar with ping tools so i dunno how i would do any of that lel 

Having the exact same thing. 2-3 second fps stutters from 80 and back. I think it has something to do with hdd cause it happens only when I launch the game and go/see areas/skills I havent seen before in current session. After I run few instances it stays 80 fps perma without ctrl f and shadows maxed, so strange.. Wish I had space in my ssd to try it, anyone playing with ssd has the same issues?

26 minutes ago, Kyojin said:

Having the exact same thing. 2-3 second fps stutters from 80 and back. I think it has something to do with hdd cause it happens only when I launch the game and go/see areas/skills I havent seen before in current session. After I run few instances it stays 80 fps perma without ctrl f and shadows maxed, so strange.. Wish I had space in my ssd to try it, anyone playing with ssd has the same issues?

There was no difference changing from HDD to SSD for me

Try going into your in game settings and "Reset" them, then just make them what ever you want, this seemed to help a lot of people and some streamer whom i cant "name and Shame" and his little circle of friends wanted to keep it a secret to have an Advantage over other players, i my self tried this method and it worked a bit,havent tested it in Blackwyrm raids but im sure it wont hurt to try it, sounds simple and really easy but it seemed to work for a lot of players, GL

7 hours ago, Kyojin said:

Mine is on actually on my SSD, which hasn't helped at all.

Happened to me too, but more recently than the rising waters update. When it first launched I could do BSH24/BW/Poh24 with no issues, well, minus the normal FPS drop for BW.

After one of their smaller updates, every time I fight munitions officer in BSH24 I freeze when he does his room wide aoe. BW tends to be so laggy I can't even get a box out of it anymore, and it just runs horrible in general.

Mind you this is at reduced settings, yet when the game launched I could do all of these at max settings without any of the aforementioned issues.

Edit: Mine is on an SSD, and has been since launch.

Same issue, and add the massive 200-300ms lag, which from California with top-notch connection over to their garbage servers in Dallas, should not be happening. It's really climbing on my annoyance list and recently surpassed the bot spam. At least bots you squelch and that lasts for a good 30 minutes or so. This lag is permanent and the game freezes are too periodic.  I have a high end $4,500 computer so trust me when I tell you it's not my hardware.

Yes my FPS has tanked recently! Turning players off and using optimize for combat mode doesn't even help. Never had to use these settings a couple weeks ago. Freezes + FPS drops = game unplayable. I've tried every optimization guide I've found and nothing works.

22 hours ago, Kawasaki said:

fps aren't affected by internet, m8

Agreed, I believe this is a discussion of frame rate/freezing, not lag.  2 VERY different things.  Discussions of ping, wtfast, etc. are irrelevant to the post at hand.

And yeah, I suspect however they're trying to stream in textures or sound or models, or something isn't asynchronous (anymore?), so the first time it needs something, it hangs until it's loaded.  (subsequent calls presumably use a cached version).  I sort of suspect it may actually be sound, (which is why the suggestion about reducing sound quality seems plausible.  I know when I first load into a character there's no sound at all for a few seconds, then "blam", all the queued up sounds catch up at once, so there's something odd going on there.)

But yeah, defragging/reinstalling/altering windows performance settings, heck just about anything to try to improve hard drive load times, seems like it could help at least shorten the duration.  (Incidentally, noticed Gameguard seems to be back, perhaps that's part of the problem?)

Praying for a fix to the FPS issue.  I've missed out on Mystery Man multiple times cause the only time i could hit him is when he was spinning and resisting everything....

I love the game.  My computer handles every other game I play on ultra (WoW and FF XIV for example) and don't have any issues.  This game though...love it but there has to be a framerate fix and soon.

4 hours ago, Shmyules said:

Yes my FPS has tanked recently! Turning players off and using optimize for combat mode doesn't even help. Never had to use these settings a couple weeks ago. Freezes + FPS drops = game unplayable. I've tried every optimization guide I've found and nothing works.

Exactly this. So far I have found nothing to help.

And it's starting to really affect my gameplay.

How am I supposed to PvP if I freeze when someone first attacks me?

Or how can I beat Jung if I freeze when he attacks me?

Like I said, I've played since Beta, but this has only become a problem in the last 3 weeks or so,

and since others are experiencing it, it's not on my side.

I spent a *cricket*ton on this new computer, partially to play this game, and it is going to waste.

Archived