FPS Drop & Freezing Issues

Azryn

So I've been putting up with this for a while, but I'm starting to get tired of it.

I am wanting to know if I am the only one or if anyone has a solution.

These forums are too big for me to troll through for previous answers or solutions,

so sorry if this is a repeatedly questioned issue.

I constantly experience massive drops in my FPS and regular freezing.

I normally sit on about 50-80FPS depending on my surrounding environment.

However I will freeze and watch this drop to about ~15-20FPS before shooting back up.

The freezes last about 2-3 seconds, which is not long, but long enough for me to die in a dungeon,

to die in the Arena or to *cricket* up my timing, combos or overall DPS on Jung or other bosses.

It's starting to really affect my gameplay and my enjoyment.

I've noticed that it tends to happen a lot when something happens in the game, such as the end of an Arena match or when I am tagged in,

an achievement, something popping up on my screen, when I first aggro a boss or when they are about to do a particular move,

or when a player first attacks me, either in OWPvP or Arena.

It's not always a random occurrence, sometimes it is triggered.

Computer Specs as follows:

RoG GL552VW

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz

8GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

My net is average but shouldn't really be the source of my problems:

kMLqKdJ.png?1

I've been using WTFast lately, which has help with a few latency setbacks, but is no solution to this problem.

It wasn't always like this for me, and I've been playing since Beta, even on an older, poorer computer.

I am no expert in computers and the solution or issue may be obvious, so I'd appreciate no stupid replies.

I'd appreciate any assistance or even to just find out that I am not the only one.

Whether there is something I am missing, something I am not doing, some settings that need changing.

I have no idea.

Thanks.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had been playing for a month with no problems then 2 days after the rising water updates i start having this same problem except it doesn't freeze for 2-3 seconds it's just like a little less than a second but it's every attack on more than 2 monsters or when a player attacks so i literally can't play the game because all the stuff i have to do is kill monsters and i can't do it without this horrible lag.

I hope you have luck finding a solution for this and would really appreciate if you could post it here or pm me it. 

2 minutes ago, Kawasaki said:

had been playing for a month with no problems then 2 days after the rising water updates i start having this same problem except it doesn't freeze for 2-3 seconds it's just like a little less than a second but it's every attack on more than 2 monsters or when a player attacks so i literally can't play the game because all the stuff i have to do is kill monsters and i can't do it without this horrible lag.

This is exactly my problem.

Glad I am not the only one.

Cause this was not always a problem for me, so I don't know what caused it but it cannot be on my side.

1 minute ago, Azryn said:

Cause this was not always a problem for me, so I don't know what caused it but it cannot be on my side.

Yeah i think  ncsoft screwed something up because the rising water updates came with "better optimization" which they might've messed up.

3 minutes ago, Azryn said:

Been dealing with it since I hit end game, bad optimization and the absurd lack of 'hide other players effects' causes the game to be simply unplayable in group situations

3 minutes ago, Hypatios said:

Been dealing with it since I hit end game, bad optimization and the absurd lack of 'hide other players effects' causes the game to be simply unplayable in group situations

when did you hit end game? was it before or after the rising water updates? (the one that gave us mushin tower and blood shade harbor)

20 minutes ago, Azryn said:

So I've been putting up with this for a while, but I'm starting to get tired of it.

I am wanting to know if I am the only one or if anyone has a solution.

These forums are too big for me to troll through for previous answers or solutions,

so sorry if this is a repeatedly questioned issue.

I constantly experience massive drops in my FPS and regular freezing.

I normally sit on about 50-80FPS depending on my surrounding environment.

However I will freeze and watch this drop to about ~15-20FPS before shooting back up.

The freezes last about 2-3 seconds, which is not long, but long enough for me to die in a dungeon,

to die in the Arena or to *cricket* up my timing, combos or overall DPS on Jung or other bosses.

It's starting to really affect my gameplay and my enjoyment.

I've noticed that it tends to happen a lot when something happens in the game, such as the end of an Arena match or when I am tagged in,

an achievement, something popping up on my screen, when I first aggro a boss or when they are about to do a particular move,

or when a player first attacks me, either in OWPvP or Arena.

It's not always a random occurrence, sometimes it is triggered.

Computer Specs as follows:

RoG GL552VW

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz

8GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

My net is average but shouldn't really be the source of my problems:

kMLqKdJ.png?1

I've been using WTFast lately, which has help with a few latency setbacks, but is no solution to this problem.

It wasn't always like this for me, and I've been playing since Beta, even on an older, poorer computer.

I am no expert in computers and the solution or issue may be obvious, so I'd appreciate no stupid replies.

I'd appreciate any assistance or even to just find out that I am not the only one.

Whether there is something I am missing, something I am not doing, some settings that need changing.

I have no idea.

Thanks.

friend no 8 cpus is 4 core = 4 cpu but have 8 Threads

1 minute ago, Kawasaki said:

when did you hit end game? was it before or after the rising water updates? (the one that gave us mushin tower and blood shade harbor)

Before, it was marginally playable with Poharan with the models off. But now after the patch its gotten so bad the other bosses are now also lagging badly. They broke something there unfortunately 

1 minute ago, Hypatios said:

Before, it was marginally playable with Poharan with the models off. But now after the patch its gotten so bad the other bosses are now also lagging badly. They broke something there unfortunately 

yeah i could do every single dungeon between 20-30fps (including nightshade and bloodshade) but something changed because some days after the update i keep freezing every time i attack more than 2 monsters and every time another player attacks

first i fink need to do a clear eu, not hybrid eu+na server (market, arena, login server.character selection. character info. ......) all this information is  is from NA, and we conect to na server. and if all will migrated to eu , will great, and last what need to update a system CTRL+F , because we dont see skils but in reality pc seeit, and is no more as 3 addition fps.. do a chat filter because spammers now use a new metot and block chat message, .........

Just now, Kawasaki said:

yeah i could do every single dungeon between 20-30fps (including nightshade and bloodshade) but something changed because some days after the update i keep freezing every time i attack more than 2 monsters and every time another player attacks

yeah standing on the pier outside the entrance to bloodshade lags even just walking, they screwed something up unfortunately. If the March 2 patch doesn't fix what ever they broke with this one, i'm going to have to hang up the towel like I did with FFXIV they had really bad netcode, FPS was fine but 450ms when in dungeons but only 220ms outside showed they had something really messed up. 

Just now, Hypatios said:

yeah standing on the pier outside the entrance to bloodshade lags even just walking, they screwed something up unfortunately. If the March 2 patch doesn't fix what ever they broke with this one, i'm going to have to hang up the towel like I did with FFXIV they had really bad netcode, FPS was fine but 450ms when in dungeons but only 220ms outside showed they had something really messed up. 

yeah i'll probably delete the game if the march update doesn't fix this so that i don't feel like logging in just to get sad that i can't play a game that i was really enjoying up until it became unplayable

Just now, dmoe33 said:

Canada NA y?

Are you connecting to a Texas area server? Because that is where the B&S servers are located. You shouldn't be getting 200+ms with a static connection unless you live in like the northern wildlands where there's only wireless connections

1 minute ago, Hypatios said:

Are you connecting to a Texas area server? Because that is where the B&S servers are located. You shouldn't be getting 200+ms with a static connection unless you live in like the northern wildlands where there's only wireless connections

Lol ofc i am, with pingboosters like wtffast and pingzapper i either get a launcher error or a server is down for maint mssg on startup

2 minutes ago, DrowningEarth said:

I noticed. My game is freezing more often when fighting MM in BSH24 - enough to stop me from being able to do damage to get loot. I definitely did not experience this a few days to a week before.

So they definitely broke something then if someone who didn't previously lag before is getting lag 

6 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

Lol ofc i am, with pingboosters like wtffast and pingzapper i either get a launcher error or a server is down for maint mssg on startup

That is really odd because if you live in a city or even a suburban area you shouldn't be getting 200ms Brisbane > Austin is roughly 220ms so there is no way you should be getting in that range from Canada which is way closer 

5 minutes ago, Kawasaki said:

fps aren't affected by internet, m8

I know that. Hence why I said it doesn't affect it.

I was merely contributing to the discussion of latency above,

however still drawing it back to my original issue of freezing, which is the point of this thread.

Archived