Forums

LMB+RMB Spamming?

Tikku

Just learned that spamming left and right simultaneously/together like mad will result very high dps. spam them with impact (last line for freeze dmg) Dont even need more skills to use, its that great dmg. Is there a name for that move? No idea why i was thinking my mouse hits before, just spam them both like mad = profit

Test it yourself if you dont believe :)

Yes it's unofficially called animation cancel / ani-cancel / other variations on that term. Every class has an animation cancel rotation that nets significantly higher dps; FM is blessed with an easy one lol.

Add blazing beam (2) for even more fun - lmb > rmb > 2 

43 minutes ago, Tikku said:

Just learned that spamming left and right simultaneously/together like mad will result very high dps. spam them with impact (last line for freeze dmg) Dont even need more skills to use, its that great dmg. Is there a name for that move? No idea why i was thinking my mouse hits before, just spam them both like mad = profit

Test it yourself if you dont believe :)

Grats you are now the Tanks worst nightmare :D

5 hours ago, InoriYuzurihaDesu said:

if fms ani-cancel, grats ur now the tank :), if u dont want to tank try spec no threat on fire x and RMB.

still no use tbh. my friend BM have the same sheet damage as me and only 5% crit lower, and still cant take aggro from me. His skill is kinda questionable though, so that might be why. Once in a while i run into some competent BM or KFM that can keep aggro, and those were the best moments of my BnS play time so far. Being able to machine gun without care is just the best. 90% of the time though, i have to be the tank.

6 hours ago, InoriYuzurihaDesu said:

if fms ani-cancel, grats ur now the tank :), if u dont want to tank try spec no threat on fire x and RMB.

Nah... it's better to not use fire X at all than speccing to no threat branch.

Sry for tripple post, connection somehow lagged and i can't delete it now :(

IF no kfm tank in group.  I = tank... that simple, and my gear isn't that great either... ani-cancel spam = max dps, you literally only use about 4 skills total meaning u dont even have to spec in the other useless stuff in the tree and take stuff for pvp/fun.

Wow. Glad to see this. Struggled so much on combos, I started just doing the LMB-RMB-LMB-RMB thing. :D Seemed to work, especially on the easier NPCs, but I was beginning to wonder why it seemed so effective. Outside of Skills with special abilities, the Number 4s, etc., using the mouse seems pretty OP so far-at the lower levels. L17 & L25 FMs.

Michelle 

lol... i prefer the lazy man route.. 

Cold Snap (z) -> Ice rain (hold down 2) -> run around like a headless chicken until you run out of focus -> hit F to recharge focus -> repeat. 

Also its halarious watching the FM just throw his/her hands in air like its tossing out rice at a wedding. 

On 2/27/2016 at 9:54 PM, Naekuh said:

lol... i prefer the lazy man route.. 

Cold Snap (z) -> Ice rain (hold down 2) -> run around like a headless chicken until you run out of focus -> hit F to recharge focus -> repeat. 

Also its halarious watching the FM just throw his/her hands in air like its tossing out rice at a wedding. 

I like the ice build as well.  It still does great damage and it doesn't require any animation cancelling to be effective.  Others can do what they want of course, but my opinion is animation cancelling is exploiting the poorly designed skills and breaks the balance of a class.  What is the point of having the animation if it was intended for players to be able to circumvent it and cancel it out for faster skill spamming?

You cannot balance classes with animation cancelling rotations.  To each his own though.  

17 minutes ago, Aquel said:

I like the ice build as well.  It still does great damage and it doesn't require any animation cancelling to be effective.  Others can do what they want of course, but my opinion is animation cancelling is exploiting the poorly designed skills and breaks the balance of a class.  What is the point of having the animation if it was intended for players to be able to circumvent it and cancel it out for faster skill spamming?

You cannot balance classes with animation cancelling rotations.  To each his own though.  

I always compared to ani-cancel to wave dashing in smash bros. It's become so ingrained in the overall meta of the community that it's another aspect of "learning your class"

I prefer the lmb > rmb > 2 myself but i'm not going to harp on others if they want to use the ice build. At least it's not like on Destroyer where ani-cancel is pretty much required to keep up with dps. 

Archived