Inviting all classes to help me improve my FM PvP play!

Freebird

Hey guys! I was hoping y'all would be willing to help me learn a few things here, I've been trying to up my PvP game lately and I've hit a few walls, I'm asking all classes to help me out here, the main questions for each class are as follows;

Assassins: Have you EVER been beaten by an FM? If so, what happened? It seems like every time I attack, you just stealth, and if I don't attack, you just charge and stun me.

Summoners: I hate you all, in the fondest way possible, now how does one go about countering your in-and-out stealth mechanic while dealing with your cat?

Blade Dancers/Masters: What skill should I be looking for primarily to use iframes against? What I mean by that is high CD, high damage, high cc skills that are a huge threat and risk for you.

Destroyers: Your ranged stun. Some of you have it, some of you don't, it confuses the hell out of me, but it seems like it's spammable, what is going on here? What skill is this? Is it a counter? What kind of CD am I looking at? How have FMs beaten you using this in the past?

Kung-Fu Masters: What mainly screws up your combos against an FM?

Thank you guys very much in advance, and I'll be happy to give any advice I can towards you as well if you have any questions, I'm very much looking forward to your responses!

This is my first post on these forums, might as well make it worth someone's while :)

First of all, I must admit I have no idea about your skills, as I never played an FM. I mean, I know most of them visually, but not your skill trees, you'll have to find what to spec on your own.

Secondly, I main a BD (gold 1v1) and, believe it or not, you guys used to give me a hard time.

Now, I will tell you my impressions from one amazing FM encounter I had at silver, the FM was clearly very experienced and should be plat by now, as no FM I met after could compare.

As BD is all gap closers, you wanna keep chill on us at all times. From my encounter I get the idea that you can spec your ice skills into stuns and knockdowns. DO IT. Your goal is to have a permanent CC on us, be it stun, ice or knockdown. As ice disables gap closers, it will be very hard to reach you, even with our resist abilities used. 

Speaking of high DPS skills, I'm pretty sure 90% of BDs you'll meet will be speced into the Lightning Draw anicancel combo on stun. You might wanna burn your escape on that one, as it has a high CD and can deal ungodly damage with a good ping. 

Oh, and never attack the first 0.5sec of our spin, but that should be a basic by now. 

Hope I could help if only just a little.

Good luck in your training! 

4 hours ago, aoshii said:

Hope I could help if only just a little.

Good luck in your training! 

This is very, very useful information, I very much appreciate it, I know that our Z/X combo can lead to a pretty nasty freeze, as well as our very high CD 3, however the only knockdown I'm aware of is the one that comes from frozen dragon form (Tab iframe) if you spec it into that.

Anyways, thank you again for your response, I'm very much looking forward to input from many more classes in the future!

Archived