My Message To The Developers

1LTRosa

As a huge fan of NCSOFT  and supporter who plays pretty much all of your games or used to do to the fact  i was enjoying Blade and Soul Didnt even care for the items that came with buying the Master pack as i have put in a bit over 150 dollars.  But not being able to read the chat and from the looks of it the forums as the gil sellers are spamming the hell out of both. I cant really enjoy the games anymore sadly.Blocking the gil sellers would be useless as by the time the block list gets full the chat will be spammed either way. Some people say then unblock the old gil sellers then block the new ones,what for? so i can see the old sellers all over again in chat. 

After viewing many mmorpg security measures with the games to dealing with gil spammers I found Black Desert Online to be the one that works better as to chat in the game you need energy each message uses a certain amount and you only get so much each level you gain the higher level you are the more you are able to communicate in the game.

1. We all know Gil sellers never go beyond level 1.
2. Even if they did actually play Energy would soon or later stop them from messaging.

Another idea was to implement another security measure/ Bot that monitors the chat and auto bans/ or deletes messages when they are sent like in the form of what gil sellers do . The Company is losing alot of money do to this as some of the gil sellers i actually know from back in my wow days . Please do something . Im nearing into just letting my 400 something sub days go to waste. I love the game its amazing. but the gil sellers are ruining it. The Company is amazing i would even enjoy to being able to just mod the chat for free to remove the gil sellers for free. As I know im not the only one that feels chat being overrun. I know modding the chat and banning the users is a bit useless but its at least something to slow them down. I dont know if you will read this but i want to help in some way. Even if its me paying these gil sellers showing you proof that i sent them money and they sent me gil so you guys can take legal actions on them.  

Volunteer player mods with the ability to ban from chat... 

Well it has the ability to be abused but these frikkin bots need to die.

Alternatively, iunno force them into PvP somehow so they can be shredded. I can see clans and parties making a very joyous unofficial event for bot hunting and slaying indeed.

Yeah... I tried defending the game, but I know when to call it quits. I am tired of spending so much time in game blocking spam to try and sue in game chat. I get whisper spammed, so can't even talk with friends privately. Forced to resort to party only chat with everything else turned off. Try to use forums, forums spammed. Try to use support, takes almost a full day to get a reply. Ask what they are doing about it, no response. They finally do 'something', works for a day, bots get around it. They ignore advice to use proven systems to reduce stuff. They just do not care. Until their cash dries up they wont do a darn thing.

I don't mind volunteer player mods, as long as they've been "background checked" or something. Even if they abuse their power, I'm sure they'd get investigated much more heavily if a player happens to report on them for abuse.

Besides, the process to eliminate spammers/bots just take too long in the game's current state, and with spammers/bots getting more and more sophisticated I think the game just needs stronger GM/moderator presence (because I sure have never seen one in-game o.o )

I check yesterday those i put in spam list guess my server got less of them then other people on this thread and they are all level 11 to 15 so to put level 11 to talk in region and faction did work but what i am most concerned are those farming the hell of many instances those don't spam but r the bread and butter of their economy without them nothing to sell no powerleveling services. They also are trying to form group for instances seen many f7 recruitment grp with bots names and i hear cross-server is full of them too. NcSoft need to make a clean up before they loose all their regular customers and they get only bots left.Btw i'm still far from filling my spam list highest i got atm is 49 of 200.

1 minute ago, Rief said:

Sorry, but is it really that bad ?

I myself found the condition is way better after the 1-click spam block and the 200 list ?

It's annoying, but not fun breaking like before that block change.

Guess that depends on your server personally on the 2 servers i play 1 in eu and 1 in na we get a max of 6 to block a day unless you are just starting a new character then i suggest you turn off the first few regions since spammers are all in there but by the time you get to jadestone village didn't have more then 6/day.On average it's more like 3 or 4 on soha(NA) and ogong(EU).Can't talk on other servers since i don't play on them but compare to what it was before they put talking on faction chat to level 11 the situation has improved dramatically.

I think it's about time that people just accepted that bots cannot be stopped 100%. From my experience playing mmo's for many years, this is the best we can get, specially from a f2p western server. If this was Japan however, that is a different story. Not a single rmt spam for the past 6 months here for me in FFXIV and I had tons while I was playing in a NA server.

Developers can implement more security measures, but when you go to far, it will start affecting everyone and not just spammers.

Though there is one way to pretty much remove rmt spam like JP servers, that is to have a very balanced economy. But since a lot of players are needlessly greedy, way beyond the average income, people resort to buying to gold to achieve their goals, in result creates a big market for rmt.

I played Fiesta Online years ago when they allowed "volunteer" mods to ban people in chat and such and it   ran *cricket*ing rampant. Was the worst experience I ever had in a game. I killed a person who was "friends" with a mod in a PVP area and was banned from chat for a week. When I did it again they managed to get my account banned for a day or so before the GMs actually looked into my case. Giving players powers like that is the worst idea I have ever seen implimented in the game. People act as if blocking the bots is such a horrible task to do. Takes 3 seconds to block spammers. You only need to block like 4 of them and the chats cleared up. Maybe a new one pops up time to time but OH NO!! SO HARD TO BLOCK  -.-; 

Im on mushin and i find myself blocking a spammer every 45min to an hour (after i block a few when i log in for the day). I don't even notice it half the time. Sure, they do need to find a better fix eventually. But saying you might just quit seems a bit excessive on your end. and i doubt you block over 200 a day. I have never filled my list or went over 40 when i play the entire day.

There's an easy solution...

1. Put a limit on how many messages per min / secs you can post.

2. Devs could create a spam channel anybody abusing rule one would be banished to this channel for 24 hrs or so and they can just sit there and spam to themselves.

O.o

Archived