LeGentleGoat

Class recomendation pls

Hi, i recently found out about B&S and decided to give it a try, but ran into a problem deciding my class 

The problem is that i really enjoy micro management and in most mmo`s i usually play summoner or similar, but i dont like that all the info i get from the summoner in here is that it is fearly basic and ez in comparison to other classes... and i dont like ez, also to mention the fact that the only thing they seem to be able to summon is a cat

I have also thinking on playing kung fu masta or assasin, but they are tagged as hard and even tho i like challenges i dont want to create another caracter mid way true the game cuz i *cricket*ed up or i need more experience with the game to play those classes optimally, but i also whant to go in as blind as i can about everything,

So if you could advise me in which class to pick i would apreciate any tips

Edited by LeGentleGoat

Well if you want to micro manage, want a challenge and have a good internet connection, go with Kung Fu Master then (KFM).

Hard is relative. There's plenty new people who play haha :). You don't have to PVP after all. You can just PVE all the way through too.

So you'll get plenty practice in how to use your skills, before you go into PVP anyway.

Keawen   

Whatever the class you choose be mindful that as soon as u get to level 15 if you change your mind and dont like it it's 7 days before character get remove so when u  get close to 15 tell yourself ok do i really like it because it's 2 character per account 3 at the beginning of march.

Just now, ElectricLyn said:

Well if you want to micro manage, want a challenge and have a good internet connection, go with Kung Fu Master then (KFM).

Hard is relative. There's plenty new people who play haha :). You don't have to PVP after all. You can just PVE all the way through too.

So you'll get plenty practice in how to use your skills, before you go into PVP anyway.

the first 2 definitely yes, but my inter some times decides to kick the bucket for no good reason, but i will sure give it a try ty

Just now, Keawen said:

Whatever the class you choose be mindful that as soon as u get to level 15 if you change your mind and dont like it it's 7 days before character get remove so when u  get close to 15 tell yourself ok do i really like it because it's 2 character per account 3 at the beginning of march.

I will keep it in mind ty

Nickilli   
5 minutes ago, LeGentleGoat said:

I will keep it in mind ty

Yeah but also remember that it is F2P so you can create as many accounts as you want to learn what classes you like and if you go premium you can keep the ones you really like on that one premium account and add character slots if you so desire but still try them for free.

Brand X   

There is nothing wrong with starting over half way through, this is a MMO, in theory it goes on forever :p

Just now, Brand X said:

There is nothing wrong with starting over half way through, this is a MMO, in theory it goes on forever :p

yea, but i meant that i dont whant to put a significant amount of effort and time into one character and then saying nah i better start over

Elfae   

Summoner is quite fun and I would say they are very welcomed in pve considering they can heal the whole party and let the pet do the tanking. However, they don't have a lot of variety in combo setting, so their game play can be very simple and repetitive for many. In pvp, this is the most hated class since they have quite low learning curve to master, and their pets can be very distracting and annoying for any opponent in the match, confusing them in decision making of whether to kill the cat or the summoner.

Assassin, in pve, can also be as easy and repetitive as summoner. In my experience, I would argue that assassin to be far easier than summoner that is if you know how to put your 6 second of stealth into good use. In pvp, assassin can be a bit challenging and fragile. Their offense are powerful, but if they get caught in a pro match, it's a high chance they will die or majorly hurt.

Kung Fu Master, in general, is a very good tank. They're also quite fearsome in pvp because of their dodging skills and 3RF combo. PvE, on the other hand, can be a bit challenging because KFM don't have much AoE skills. Same can be said with Assassin, but they can stealth and avoid any detection. So be a bit wary of crowd control in your first few levels playing KFM.

Force Master is probably the best DPS currently in game, if not then they are still quite powerful since they are range class and their skills are quite flashy too. This is the only class I failed miserably to get a Gold medal in pvp so I can't say much on that front. In pve, being one of the biggest DPS dealer and can shoot from a distance, you can kill almost every non-dungeon mob before they ever get a chance to swing their sword at you. Still, they can be quite annoying party member if they aggro dungeon boss and make other melee class (especially KFM) to chase after the boss the FM out dps and aggro.

Blade Master has very defensive skills and high burst attack. I would say say this class is meant for any first time player because of one personal reason: they're just too basic. Because I have experienced most other classes in the game, start playing BM seem far too dull for me to continue learning what this class is about. So I can't say much about it, except for recommending you to play it, even if I do not have high opinion on it because of my experience with other classes in game.

Blade Dancer and Destroyer are two classes I have not played (including Warlock which is coming on March 2nd). Blade Dancer, nick named Blade Cancer, is probably another most hated class in PvP. They're similar to BM but, from what I heard, more agile. Plus they also have that Dark Vader's choking skill which is terribly annoying if you get caught in world PvP.

Niwe   

Heres a list of thing to do:

-Look at your ping (some class such as bm and kfm are awful to play without a good ping)

-Gameplay, range or melee, rotation, combo

-Visual

-Level a few up to level 20 (you will have most of your skills and a good idea of the class gameplay, few exceptions)

-What do you wanna do and how (assassin are amazing at soloing and farming atm)

Everything else has been said.

Cress   

if you want to suk in arena and kick some butts in open world pvp go BM, if you want to be king of arena and suk in pvp open world got summoner.

Keawen   

I didn't know blade dancer til a few days ago and so far i'm surprised how well it can solo even if u have 2 or 3 on you.It's still pretty low because i like my fm quite a bit but for melee i find it pretty resilient at least for pve didn't try for pvp yet.

Elfae   

1 minute ago, Cress said:

if you want to suk in arena and kick some butts in open world pvp go BM, if you want to be king of arena and suk in pvp open world got summoner.

According to BnS Dojo, the roles of those two will reverse if L.50 patch is ever released. They state most of the class at L.50 have enough skills to overshadow summoner and BM would be quite powerful compared to others. Since we don't have that patch, so it is still speculation, but no reason to lose hope in BM class just yet.

Demiosu   
Just now, Elfae said:

if L.50 patch is ever released.

NCwest is rushing content patches to catch up to the other versions, I wouldn't be surprised if the lvl 50 patch is before the end of this year. 

Brand X   
3 hours ago, LeGentleGoat said:

yea, but i meant that i dont whant to put a significant amount of effort and time into one character and then saying nah i better start over

Getting to level 45 isn't that long.  I'd also think by around level 30-35 you'll have an idea for the class.  :)

Saima   

I can only speak about my exp as an FM. PvE: tiring at lower lv since squishy but awesome later on since highest dmg and other people tank in group pve so you can just stand and shoot :)) Infact, you should lower your dps and only gives 90% since FMs are notorious for stealing agro. 

Only Mushin tower 7F gives us problems in current endgame because its more of a pvp fight, which brings me to my next point. 

FMs are more technical and requires more knowledge and practice than most classes. I got all the way to Gold yesterday. It was easy at first of course but the actual jump to Gold was BRUTAL. I raged so hard when i needed 13 points to reach Gold, then ended up with 1599 (All matches before gave 18p for winning) then lost and start over. 

Basically lost to all BM and BDs, they counter us too hard. Only managed to kill 1 summoner out of 10, even thought all the fights were close. Just can't seems to get the drop on them. Sins are 50/50 and that's after i read and practice specific FM vs Sin counters. KFM are hit and miss, good ones will just faceroll you, bad ones are manageable. The only easy class for us is Destroyer.  I destroyed :) all the ones i came across (a dozen) to reach gold. It was so bad by the end i just prayed for Destroyers after coming 10 points within Gold and arena gave me another fcking Blade Dancer for the tenth time. 

LexyLee   

Ive only read the OP post, as im currently in a rush, but Ill throw my 2 pence in.

First Yes the summoner is a face roll class, BUT its one of those classes that is easy to play, but hard to master imo. sure you can breeze through content, even pvp infact, but you get to the top, and you'll face a challenge, because people know how to counter you, hence summoners, are as I put it, easy to play, hard to master.

And hmm KFM and sin, KFM only if you want to concentrate alot, they're not "hard" to play, its more knowing when to counter,a nd learning your opponent imo, but that stands for every class, but the KFM is all about countering his attacks, and they can be absolutely great fun to play imo.

And sin, whats their too say. Its classes as "hard" but if you're playing solo it can be a breeze walk, infact you can solo dungeons later in game. Sin gets harder to play once you're in a team as you cant just be sneaky. but they still provide great dmg, via poison, and some great dps bursts in stealth.

Now, if you dont mind I wouldn't mind chucking you a wildcard, and im not sure many have mentioned this... but warlock... now hear me out. Okay, first you have to manage your cooldowns, like craazy, especially after the nerfs they got, which doesn't make him crap, but makes him harder to master, and knowing rotations etc, and that to me is micro management. Secondly you get to summon a thrall, this can tank for you, or provide extra dps, now it s a time'd summon (24s) with a cooldown as well (11 secs I believe). Not to metion warlocks can provide great team buffs. Oh and I nearlly forgot, their HP pool. their are weak, like squishing a fly, but they have life steal to support them, so you have to kinda, micro manage your hp, when you have no thrall, or if you're in pvp. But the class isn't released until the 2nd of march.

But that's all my opinion, all are great classes, and while some may be easy, they'll still be hard to master ;)

Brainy   

Summoner is not easy at all. Yes, you can faceroll noobs, but that's it... if you want to get to high ranking, you'll have a really hard time.

I recommend you pick something visually appealing and learn to play that.

Ty you all,sadly i cannot respond to all of you for the time being, but i read them all and make up my mind to play both summoner and KFM to try them out and choose wich one i like the most. And i will probably try out warlock when it comes out, but i anticipate something like when wow released the dead knight so i will w8 a week or so to avoid being one of the thousand players switching to warlock immediately after release

Edited by LeGentleGoat