[PvE Guide] In-Depth Burn Build with skill explanation

YetiXing

The above are a series of video's I have made that discuss the Burning Build Damage skill choices, The Ideal Force Master utility abilities, a small section regarding the Nature of the Burn debuff and the Rotation of your GCDs, and finally a demonstration of the said build. I welcome any and all criticisms, comments, thoughts/concerns, feedback in general. Let me know what you all think. All responses are appreciated.

I Have also considered making further guides, an idea being solo-able content such as Brightstone Ruins, or Guides about specific Boss Mechanics from slightly newer content. Let me know if this is something everyone would be interested in seeing.

I read your comment in my post and I decide to reply here.

This build looks great, it makes dual dragon possible while not hurting the core rotation in fire stance.

If i am HM lvl 3 I will definitely try this out.

And I think the key part in this rotation is to get 3 frost orbs first and then use fire fury to get 3 fire orbs. And when dual dragon is under CD, spend fire orbs for dragon blaze.

But I don't know why you invest 3 points on frost fury. its damage is low and only generate 1 frost orb.

And I will still argue for windstorm.

I have proven that windstorm has the highest dps: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/181425-windstorm-damage-tests-its-a-great-skill/

And any rotation looks so perfect when facing a wooden dummy. However while facing a real boss, the situation can be complicated and you may mess up you rotation(like losing the burn debuff or accidentally using frost fury or using dual dragon 5 sec late). I would say any rotation's dps will be deducted by 20% in a real fight.

But windstorm stands out. You simply press 1 key and output horrible damage. You will never mess up this 'rotation'. Not to mention it does not generate GCD. It is also not affected by burn. It is a free skill.

So if i were you I would transfer points from frost fury to windstorm.

Ill just correct something i see from kamijo's reply, build looks ok to me +1, orbs for dual dragon ok for me too, when dual dragon is under cd, standard maintain buff from dragonblaze and spam RL2 in other times, 2xRL2 are still slight higher dps vs RLF+RLF.

Lastly, my reply to Kamijo's windstorm is in some other thread. And situation for burn is pretty simple as is not like bosses are immune or resist to burn debuff, burn can also be refreshed through simple force blast, where as for windstorm's condition, which more complicated im sure we all knows.

12 hours ago, KamijoTouma said:

I read your comment in my post and I decide to reply here.

This build looks great, it makes dual dragon possible while not hurting the core rotation in fire stance.

If i am HM lvl 3 I will definitely try this out.

And I think the key part in this rotation is to get 3 frost orbs first and then use fire fury to get 3 fire orbs. And when dual dragon is under CD, spend fire orbs for dragon blaze.

But I don't know why you invest 3 points on frost fury. its damage is low and only generate 1 frost orb.

And I will still argue for windstorm.

I have proven that windstorm has the highest dps: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/181425-windstorm-damage-tests-its-a-great-skill/

And any rotation looks so perfect when facing a wooden dummy. However while facing a real boss, the situation can be complicated and you may mess up you rotation(like losing the burn debuff or accidentally using frost fury or using dual dragon 5 sec late). I would say any rotation's dps will be deducted by 20% in a real fight.

But windstorm stands out. You simply press 1 key and output horrible damage. You will never mess up this 'rotation'. Not to mention it does not generate GCD. It is also not affected by burn. It is a free skill.

So if i were you I would transfer points from frost fury to windstorm.

The reason I use Frost Fury is Utility, an additional defensive measure. Its certainly not an aspect of DPS and not included in main rotation. Its entire application in my eyes is the life-leech you get from it. Its just for recovering health in some tight situations. Many times, especially against Junghado F-7, Frost Fury is the difference between me living or dying. In a perfect world where we are not taking damage, or have better ways to regain health, certainly it would be a waste of the points. At the moment its simply our best source of consistent HP recovery.

Archived