Forums

Bidding for someone else's weapon

SomeGuyOverHere

not going to read through three pages, but this same thing happened in a Blackram narrows random the other day. We had three summoners in PT that two of us needed the blight staff. Midway through the bidding war this KMF decided to take the bid from 7 bronze to 9 silver. I caught it instantly but the other summoner wasn't and bid again. I called the *cricket* out and he dropped pt and left instantly. 

If there is one thing I have noticed is that this game has a very strong population of very immature children. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

not going to read through three pages, but this same thing happened in a Blackram narrows random the other day. We had three summoners in PT that two of us needed the blight staff. Midway through the bidding war this KMF decided to take the bid from 7 bronze to 9 silver. I caught it instantly but the other summoner wasn't and bid again. I called the *cricket* out and he dropped pt and left instantly. 

If there is one thing I have noticed is that this game has a very strong population of very immature children. 

And people like you who easily react fuel these immature children. I'd say it's more of the bystander/"victim's" fault than the troll's fault in this game for having such a pathetic community because you guys have a tendency to overreact and provoke the trolls even further 

1 minute ago, PvPMS said:

And people like you who easily react fuel these immature children. I'd say it's more of the bystander/"victim's" fault than the troll's fault in this game for having such a pathetic community because you guys have a tendency to overreact and provoke the trolls even further 

You must work in the legal system. 

I'm on OP's side on this one. Because I don't like making things difficult for people. It's an untradeable item not suited for your class? Just let the dude have it.

That aside, I witnessed a greedy sin trying to bid for a cat outfit with a summoner in the party.

Told him to back off before it reaches 1 silver and he did. 

Like honestly, so many greedy little *cricket* it sometimes take the joy out of the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong.  If you get in a bid war with somebody who just wants to milk you because he knows you need a particular drop...  Can't you just let the price go up and then back out?  Then the douchebag gets the drop (that he can't really use), but he also has to PAY -- you get a cut of that.  The whole thing sort of backfires on him, no?

If the jerk gets played by his own game then he probably won't try that particular con anymore.  At the very least he'll be more careful about how and when he uses it.

You don't have to keep bidding.  Resist the urge.  That [whatever] will drop again. 

Yeah I have seen that too and friends have experienced it too. There should be an option where only the appropriate class can loot it. Other games have that option and it´s fantastic. I need to have this implemented into the game.

But lets be real. Bidding on a breakthrough weapon that someone else needs is low...unless you seriously need it ( even though it´s not your class ) which I doubt. People defending this kind of behavior are probably the same people bidding for weapons they don´t need. ( like in the case of the OP )

Well, I don't do it, but I really don't mind. I raised an alt yesterday and went to get blight weapon. I had someone bid few silvers for it, and I didn't mind paying up to 50 silvers for a blight weapon. If the bid went over 50 silvers, I planned to drop the bid and do another run, but that didn't happen. I paid 40 silvers, but I didn't mind because I had some money in my main, and I wanted it to just finish my run. At the end of the day, the choice is yours to pay for it or not. If not, you just have to do another run. simple as that. Other players letting you have weapons that you need is a form of generosity. It's not an obligation. If other bidders try to milk you, let them do it and drop out if the bid goes too high. Honestly, I don't even see what the problem is.

4 hours ago, AndJerry said:

Well, I don't do it, but I really don't mind. I raised an alt yesterday and went to get blight weapon. I had someone bid few silvers for it, and I didn't mind paying up to 50 silvers for a blight weapon. If the bid went over 50 silvers, I planned to drop the bid and do another run, but that didn't happen. I paid 40 silvers, but I didn't mind because I had some money in my main, and I wanted it to just finish my run. At the end of the day, the choice is yours to pay for it or not. If not, you just have to do another run. simple as that. Other players letting you have weapons that you need is a form of generosity. It's not an obligation. If other bidders try to milk you, let them do it and drop out if the bid goes too high. Honestly, I don't even see what the problem is.

It's called common courtesy which seems to be a very dead act in this game. They are break through weapons and many new players won't have the extensive amount of silver to counter a player that is bidding it up just to get more money. If you see a lower level player of the class needs a weapon you give them the first go for it.. if they do not bid then yeah it's up for grabs. 

The one thing about blight weapons is they really do not give you more exp as a sacrifice weapon then say copper weapons which you get easily. I just did my staff and I actually got more exp towards my next breakthrough with the copper then I did the blight. Now Infernal.. those are a god send as they give more then anything in misty woods and cost bronze not silver. 

22 hours ago, MadBlue said:

Read OP's post. Someone who can't even use a BoP weapon for another class bid high on the weapon just to force the only person who could actually use it to spend more money for it. This is another reason why a Need vs Greed system (and class-based items only being able to be Needed-on by players of that class) is much better than the bid system.

NEED vs Greed system do work best on NA and EU cause people have no respect for each other and are Rude ignorant assholes. Maybe my personal experience but the whole close to a year i played on the JP servers nothing like this happened.

7 hours ago, pietto said:

That aside, I witnessed a greedy sin trying to bid for a cat outfit with a summoner in the party.

Eh, I think that's different.  Tradeable items are legitimate to bid for marketplace.  If the price goes up to somewhere near market value everyone gets a cut, and the summoner can go buy one if he wants.  And cat outfits are vanity items anyway, nobody's progression is hindered because their cat has to fight naked.

It's the BoP transform weapons where it's really a jerk move to bid against that class, because people get stuck on them for so long and can't even buy their way out of it except on the 1/8 (ish) runs where their class's weapon actually drops.

This happens even with stuff that aren't weapons. Yesterday, I think, I was doing Bloodshade harbor 6-man and after we killed Mujin, a pirate bracelet dropped. Everyone in the party already had a pirate bracelet except one destroyer guy so I told people to let him have it since everyone has one already. One guy just bidded it up to 40-50 silver (he had one already stage 10) just to get money. He said he "needs" it and that he needs money too (wow 8 silver nice). I don't get it, why are there so many greedy douchebag players. In the end, the destroyer got it for 40-50 silver, but still, paying that much is more than some coppers.

8 hours ago, Profyrion said:

Correct me if I'm wrong.  If you get in a bid war with somebody who just wants to milk you because he knows you need a particular drop...  Can't you just let the price go up and then back out?  Then the douchebag gets the drop (that he can't really use), but he also has to PAY -- you get a cut of that.  The whole thing sort of backfires on him, no?

If the jerk gets played by his own game then he probably won't try that particular con anymore.  At the very least he'll be more careful about how and when he uses it.

You don't have to keep bidding.  Resist the urge.  That [whatever] will drop again. 

People doing that have the gold to spare, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it.  If they're running Blackram Narrows on an alt, with people running it to get their weapons on their first character, a few silvers is probably nothing to them, but an exorbitant amount to other players who may bid on it not realizing how much the bid went up and wind up leaving the dungeon with a few coppers left, whereas the troll will be more than making up for it on their main should they win the bid.

6 hours ago, Partholonian said:

Eh, I think that's different.  Tradeable items are legitimate to bid for marketplace.  If the price goes up to somewhere near market value everyone gets a cut, and the summoner can go buy one if he wants.  And cat outfits are vanity items anyway, nobody's progression is hindered because their cat has to fight naked.

Sure sure, but the thing is, there are people who are willing to run through dungeons multiple times just to get that vanity item rather than buying it on the marketplace. Some people are very into the aesthetic aspects of the game. You may think that "oh, it's just a vanity item, I can just buy it." But others may think that "If I can get it from a dungeon, why should I buy?"

Also I think it's common courtesy to give the item (no matter how unimportant it is for progression) to someone who can actually use it rather than bidding for it because you can. And then later just selling it on the marketplace. 

Also I think it's common courtesy to give the item (no matter how unimportant it is for progression) to someone who can actually use it rather than bidding for it because you can. And then later just selling it on the marketplace. 

I agree with this. But the game's unrestricted bidding system gives the impression makes the jerks go "Hey, the game doesn't stop me from doing it, so why should I not bid on this item that is useless to me?". It brings the tiny capitalist inside them out.

Of course, if there is NO summoner or X class, and the cat outfit or X class weapon drops, then it's up to grab by anyone. That's fair. But I've NEVER seen the prices go up like they do when the correct class IS involved in the run. It's almost as if the unrestricted bidding system was pushing people into taking advantage of each other. Very healthy for the community, I'm sure. 

On 2/23/2016 at 1:31 AM, pietto said:

I think that selling something is just as much of an "actual use" as making your cat look different, maybe even more so (money has lots of practical uses and is needed for gear upgrades).  It's in a whole different category than BoP breakthrough/transform items. 

A blight gauntlet is worth much more to a KFM than to anyone else (unless they're already upgraded past it), but a cat outfit actually *isn't* worth more to a summoner; the summoner saves X silver by looting it instead of buying it, which is the exact same amount anyone else would have sold it for.  And how do you know the summoner isn't going to sell it, anyway?  Maybe he wants money more than he wants a different looking cat -- summoners have to upgrade gear and do other stuff that costs money too.

I don't have a summoner, and if I did I probably wouldn't spend any amount of money I considered significant on cat swag.  But I also wouldn't feel offended if someone else bid on sellable items, because a sellable item is never truly class-specific.  And if there was a really expensive sellable cat outfit and someone let me have it for 1c because I was the only summoner in the party... I'd probably sell it, because not selling it when you have the item would seem to me just like buying it when you have the money (in terms of the amount of money you're giving up in order to have the item).

I spent 15 runs in Narrows and not once did I see a dagger drop for me, and when I finally do, a Destroyer tries to take it for 5 silver and openly admits he did it to troll me.

Then there's Poh-6 where I'm the only person with stage 5 Awakened Siren gear ready for breakthrough, while everyone else has stage 10 Infernal accessories and Profane weapon. I politely ask if I could have the perfume and link my stage 5 gear, but instead people expect/demand for me to bid or don't say anything and just bid, even though they have no use for it yet.

I've also been in BSH-6 and everyone in the party but me had Endless Tower/Bloodshade Soul Shields. And what do they do? Everyone tries to take them.

I wouldn't be surprised if people bid on hongmoon skill books they don't need but someone else does in BSH-4 just to irritate everyone.

Really, this game reeks toxic and finding someone who's willing to be generous is like finding a diamond in the rough. Honestly I find it tempting to play oversea servers, since I hear they're much nicer.

On 2/22/2016 at 1:49 AM, Rief said:

*Actually all new player obtain a key of brilliant viridian and brilliant cinderland

What? I never got either key since the official launch. I only found a moonwater key from a main quest and that's it.

3 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

I spent 15 runs in Narrows and not once did I see a dagger drop for me, and when I finally do, a Destroyer tries to take it for 5 silver and openly admits he did it to troll me.

Then there's Poh-6 where I'm the only person with stage 5 Awakened Siren gear ready for breakthrough, while everyone else has stage 10 Infernal accessories and Profane weapon. I politely ask if I could have the perfume and link my stage 5 gear, but instead people expect/demand for me to bid or don't say anything and just bid, even though they have no use for it yet.

I've also been in BSH-6 and everyone in the party but me had Endless Tower/Bloodshade Soul Shields. And what do they do? Everyone tries to take them.

I wouldn't be surprised if people bid on hongmoon skill books they don't need but someone else does in BSH-4 just to irritate everyone.

Really, this game reeks toxic and finding someone who's willing to be generous is like finding a diamond in the rough. Honestly I find it tempting to play oversea servers, since I hear they're much nicer.

What? I never got either key since the official launch. I only found a moonwater key from a main quest and that's it.

I think you get it from the quiz thingy.

Add: The blackram Narrow with dagger is indeed a troll. but the other 2 example, not really.

Poharan perfume used not only on weapon, they also used in accessory, so people will eventually need them too.

The purple soulshield is semi random stat, so often even if someone have full soulshield, doesn't mean he have the best stat, there might be chance for improvement.

---

1st exam = Blackam Narrow = troll, no one have use of it but you.

2nd and 3rd = Everyone have use of it, not only for sale.

9 minutes ago, Rief said:

Add: The blackram Narrow with dagger is indeed a troll. but the other 2 example, not really.

Poharan perfume used not only on weapon, they also used in accessory, so people will eventually need them too.

The purple soulshield is semi random stat, so often even if someone have full soulshield, doesn't mean he have the best stat, there might be chance for improvement.

---

1st exam = Blackam Narrow = troll, no one have use of it but you.

2nd and 3rd = Everyone have use of it, not only for sale.

My point is they don't need it right away. It could be days or even weeks when they're ready to breakthrough. It seems very rude to deny the only person who is right on the breakthrough stage, who has much greater need for the item than the people preparing for it.

3 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

Yep,game actually makes people behave like that by having that kind of loot system. even when i run with clan members if something drops that everyone wants like lets say outfit and i know for a fact i have the most money in that group.... i just feel bad cause i can just easily take it.. i passed outfits and outfit on more then one occasion just cause clan members were practically begging for it and i knew that they don't have enough gold to outbid me...

Loot system should be roll for it,that way it's totally RNG and when everyone wants an item it's most fair way to get it..

The thing is when you run a dungeons with other, everyone has the same right to the loots that drop, if not why they run it, for fun? If I do not need the mats or weapon from that dungeon I could still run it to get mats to sell or weapon to salvage, these also helps me in my progression. Just because you can use it now doesn't actually give you more rights to the drop than others, after all we spend the same amount of time in the dungeon, I am not going to pass up something for free to a person that I could very well not see again. I also want to get something for the time I spend in clearing the dungeon, be it gold or drops. Sure it's nice to pass something to the person that need it the most, but don't expect it unless you are running with friends. Breakthrough/evolution is important to you, selling stuff and getting gold is important to another, one does not outweigh the other especially when you PUG.

And I do not like need/greed roll and considering the amount of afk-er there is in this game, you might very well lose all loots the person who afk and get nothing out of the run.

3 minutes ago, vita said:

The thing is when you run a dungeons with other, everyone has the same right to the loots that drop, if not why they run it, for fun? If I do not need the mats or weapon from that dungeon I could still run it to get mats to sell or weapon to salvage, these also helps me in my progression. Just because you can use it now doesn't actually give you more rights to the drop than others, after all we spend the same amount of time in the dungeon, I am not going to pass up something for free to a person that I could very well not see again. I also want to get something for the time I spend in clearing the dungeon, be it gold or drops. Sure it's nice to pass something to the person that need it the most, but don't expect it unless you are running with friends. Breakthrough/evolution is important to you, selling stuff and getting gold is important to another, one does not outweigh the other especially when you PUG.

And I do not like need/greed roll and considering the amount of afk-er there is in this game, you might very well lose all loots the person who afk and get nothing out of the run.

Odhc7AH.jpg

people need it to upgrade as breakthrough, evolution or offering is all in same level. so people that need purple weapon for offering has the same chance of rolling for that weapon too

and don't say like "but you can get any weapon for offering from the box", well son... to open a box it's gonna cost 1 key up to 3 key, and since 1 key is 10s, that means it can cost 10s - 30s

so if a purple weapon drop, and a person bid 7s for it as an offering, that's still a good reason for him. cause that offering purple weapon is cheaper then opening a box with key.

On 2/24/2016 at 7:59 AM, Partholonian said:

I think that selling something is just as much of an "actual use" as making your cat look different, maybe even more so (money has lots of practical uses and is needed for gear upgrades).  It's in a whole different category than BoP breakthrough/transform items. 

A blight gauntlet is worth much more to a KFM than to anyone else (unless they're already upgraded past it), but a cat outfit actually *isn't* worth more to a summoner; the summoner saves X silver by looting it instead of buying it, which is the exact same amount anyone else would have sold it for.  And how do you know the summoner isn't going to sell it, anyway?  Maybe he wants money more than he wants a different looking cat -- summoners have to upgrade gear and do other stuff that costs money too.

I don't have a summoner, and if I did I probably wouldn't spend any amount of money I considered significant on cat swag.  But I also wouldn't feel offended if someone else bid on sellable items, because a sellable item is never truly class-specific.  And if there was a really expensive sellable cat outfit and someone let me have it for 1c because I was the only summoner in the party... I'd probably sell it, because not selling it when you have the item would seem to me just like buying it when you have the money (in terms of the amount of money you're giving up in order to have the item).

....You're not getting my point. In fact, you missed it entirely. But that's okay tho. You've got your opinions, I've got mine. 

Nice talk. I'm gonna go play, bye : D

Archived