Bidding for someone else's weapon

SomeGuyOverHere

20 minutes ago, MadBlue said:

Blight weapons, as well as many other purple breakthrough weapons that drop from end bosses, are untradeable. You can't buy them on the auction house.

I suggest you re read and comprehend.....

I never said they were trade able....

I would explain in more detail but I think it would be futile. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, rocdog said:

Blight weapons don't give more of an upgrade than a random green Cinderlands weapon.  You can get those for much cheaper than 12s at the market.

Wrong purple weapons give much more exp towards upgrade then green or blue weapons.

1 minute ago, Nickilli said:

I suggest you re read and comprehend.....

I never said they were trade able....

I would explain in more detail but I think it would be futile. 

So, what you're actually saying is that the solution is that they should keep running a level 20 dungeon until they can eventually get enough silver to waste it on outbidding some deep-pocket asshat who raises the bids for the luls. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant because I thought you might have been actually thinking you were making a reasonable suggestion.

2 minutes ago, MadBlue said:

So, what you're actually saying is that the solution is that they should keep running a level 20 dungeon until they can eventually get enough silver to waste it on outbidding some deep-pocket asshat who raises the bids for the luls. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant because I thought you might have been actually thinking you were making a reasonable suggestion.

if you think it takes more then 2 or 3 runs to get the breakthrough then all I can say is you need to L2P.

They drop like CANDY

22 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

if you think it takes more then 2 or 3 runs to get the breakthrough then all I can say is you need to L2P.

They drop like CANDY

Haven't got anybody bidding against me if it was a breakthrough  weapon unless person needed it  but i always did a run in my own server not on cross-server dungeon. oh Nickilli  i wouldn't say bangle for my fm drop like candy took like 8 runs minimum each time i did narrows and on the golden deva wheel i got almost worry of running out of key before getting it took well over 50 essences b4 i found it on 1 of the weapon boxes.What a pain it was that day.

35 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

They drop like CANDY

You seem to have some kind of issue. It is RNG-based. I got four of my evolution items in a row from the first chest in a few instances; Brightstone Ruins I had to farm for over an hour straight. Some people have to do days of runs if they're unwilling to buy Brilliant keys. It seems you're unable to comprehend that random means random and all player's experiences will vary.

You also seem to be unable to comprehend that to most people their time is more valuable than a few silvers from a troll. Not going to reply to you again, though, because you clearly see things as you choose to see them.

I feel you. And I had people calling me an idiot and a troll for withdrawing from the auction when that happens, because apparently they thought I was the one being a dick and overbidding to raise more coin.

Also on a different note, worse than that is when someone KNOWS you want the loot you're bidding on and they keep bidding at the last second just to "be funny". So not only they try to make you pay more, they make everyone wait. And on another different note, it just sucks when people keep war-bidding and then leave the squad to reset the auction, "JUST FOR THE FUNZIES LOL".

This game's community is something else.

1 minute ago, Prototypemind said:

You seem to have some kind of issue. It is RNG-based. I got four of my evolution items in a row from the first chest in a few instances; Brightstone Ruins I had to farm for over an hour straight. Some people have to do days of runs if they're unwilling to buy Brilliant keys. It seems you're unable to comprehend that random means random and all player's experiences will vary.

You also seem to be unable to comprehend that to most people their time is more valuable than a few silvers from a troll. Not going to reply to you again, though, because you clearly see things as you choose to see them.

Then the ring must love me.... Every time get it at least once per run and often more.

If your time is so valuable you probably should not waste it playing a game which is all about wasted time.

K I have been reading all the complaints on breakthrough weapons being outbid for the actual person. First breakthrough weapons ARE blue weapons that are not bound meaning you can get your weapon in the marketplace for a silver (low-level) weapon or possibly in a blue chest from a daily quest. The purple (Evolution) weapons is what I believe the OP is complaining about since its bound to person who won the bid and was not for his class. Enough said.

well purple weapon give huuuuggggggeeeeeeeeeee exp for upgrading, so all class will need that weapon too... for... upgrading... think about that...

you may need it for evolution, but others need it too for upgrade xp. so all is fair.

besides, without their help, there's no way you can finish that dungeon, they do they job well, so they get the same chance to all drop in the game.

if they want it and they willing to pay huge money for it, then so be it. let them have it. at least you got paid well enough.

win-win solution.

Well happened to me too. I was trying to get my blight staff and an FM was bidding all the time till the price got raised to around 15s where I stopped and thx rng god for giving me my staff from the box right after that. In other words....profit for me and loss for the tard FM w00t.

8 hours ago, Nickilli said:

For low levels struggling to get the drops they think they deserve and think they are the only ones allowed to bid running dungeons is one of the only ways to get coin they can't run the big dailies, they can't craft the valuable items that sell well on market so that is how it is balanced over other games they all get something from the run the drop or the coin so that eventually they are the ones out biding others.

Think you are mad clearly you are otherwise you would not need to brag at how much you make. Something the low levels that are trying to get cheap break throughs can not do which proves the balance that I speak of for the drops.

Tipical reply,only reason i stated how much i make is so that you couldn't  tell me that i'm mad or something cause it's predictable what you would say actually.

it's like you think that people bid over 1g for stuff in dungeon. top bid that i saw was 1,50g for general outfit in POH4 man ,even in BSH the day it was released soulshields didn't go past 30s ,thanfully people that i encountered are not retard and know that eventually everyone will have them so no point in outbidding those items...

Not really much of silver when you divide 20-30s on 6 people since usually those kinds of bids were for BSH ss,yeah i would need to do at least 50 runs to earn some deent  gold from it... woah yeah you're right everyone gets something.......

5 hours ago, darknova said:

K I have been reading all the complaints on breakthrough weapons being outbid for the actual person. First breakthrough weapons ARE blue weapons that are not bound meaning you can get your weapon in the marketplace for a silver (low-level) weapon or possibly in a blue chest from a daily quest. The purple (Evolution) weapons is what I believe the OP is complaining about since its bound to person who won the bid and was not for his class. Enough said.

Sorry for the confusion. Yeah, I definitely meant "Evolution weapons", not "Breakthrough weapons" in my post. 

well yeah already saw ppl out bidding just to get more "money" at the end
 ( or just to annoy )

And so far, unless it goes to several gold that's pretty much totaly pointless since you will only earn few silver..

Just somes small-timer greedy parasite.

*sigh* this usually targeted on players that's new. At 45, it's quite easy to buy a brilliant key and give middle finger to RNG of weapon. Actually all new player obtain a key of brilliant viridian and brilliant cinderland, if they are wise enough to keep it, blight weapon and tomb of elite weapon are easy enough.

The key is, keep calm. If someone bid high, to the point you can't afford it, that simply mean more money to you. Just run the dungeon again. 

Yeah, someone did this to me on a run over the weekend. I bid on an axe (I'm a distroyer) and a sum then promptly bid 1g on it. Of course if he had checked my gear he would have noticed I'd already passed the weapon stage where I needed it anyway and was just bidding to collect it as fodder for the next upgrade, so I happily took his money from him.

8 hours ago, Nickilli said:

They drop like CANDY

Both my Lv20/36 bangle and Lv20/36 lynblade took more than 20 runs each to drop.  When you've run content 20+ times, the weeapon drops and some asshat with gold decides to outbid you for a silver or two, that's stepping over the line.  

I actually like the current system, but this is but one example of how it's manipulated to hurt other players. 

Bet this will get worse once the new class is released. So better be prepared for jerks 2.0 since there will be many compete for it, and even those who know people willing to pay anything for it because of high demand.

If they try to force you to bid 12 silvers, pass. you'll be getting 12/5 silver for it. (more silver for each missing player).

Use that on a key and open the weapon boxes. Keys cost like 3 silver each.

It's an awful thing to do, but at least you're still getting something out of it and most importantly HE loses his 12 silver on nothing. He'll learn not to do it again.

As for me, if I see people slowing everyone else down with endless bids, I sometimes spike the price to like 1 silver (something reasonable at that level). Once things get out of the coppers (especially past 10 silver), the bidspam stops. I don't want to see people bid-fighting with *cricket*ing coppers in Poharan.

Best bidding system has Guild Wars 2, everybody gets their share of loot. No random rolls etc. This is also present in BnS everybody gets their chest at end. That one extra chest is exactly extra, so stop crying open your weapon chest, and run more dungeons. Next time do not bid if 12 silver is high for you.

This situation is also product of total anonimity in crosserver, you are playing with bit smarter bots. Those devs flood market with mmos, but yet everybody besides guild wars does not understand how important community is. Anything that needs players to be competitive like race to spawned quest mobs, this bidding system, makes players hate each other which ruins game, because nobody want to play game full of #$%^ people.

There was guy with bug that forced him to be alone in channel. Every game has bugs, but most comments said that they would love to have channel for themselves, and this is just bad game design when people in mmo game want to play singleplayer.

7 hours ago, chinmi said:

well purple weapon give huuuuggggggeeeeeeeeeee exp for upgrading, so all class will need that weapon too... for... upgrading... think about that...

you may need it for evolution, but others need it too for upgrade xp. so all is fair.

besides, without their help, there's no way you can finish that dungeon, they do they job well, so they get the same chance to all drop in the game.

if they want it and they willing to pay huge money for it, then so be it. let them have it. at least you got paid well enough.

win-win solution.

The purple weapons also drop from weapon crates that you get from killing the end boss, as well as from wheel spins, and it doesn't matter at all what class's weapon you're using to feed your Hongmoon. Granted, it wouldn't hurt to make the point of stating that you need the weapon from the last boss when you start the run (especially with a PUG), and people could be outbidding someone without knowing they need the weapon, but there's really no excuse for purposefully outbidding someone who needs a BoP weapon to evolve their weapon, and any reasonable person knows that many people are running the dungeon specifically to get their class weapon and would accept that if an Evolution weapon that they don't need drops from the end boss, and someone else needs it, that the weapon should go to the person who needs it.

People who purposefully try to outbid someone who needs a BoP Evolution weapon, or raise the bid price just to make other people spend more money, are the same kinds of people who change loot rules in the middle of a boss fight, ninja mobs, PK newbies who put on their faction uniform in Bamboo Village, or otherwise grief other players - and yet some people here will defend all these kinds of acts like we're playing Social Darwinism Simulator 2016.

1 minute ago, Kitah said:

I still think they should add a system where only those who are that class can bid on that item. 

This is where need before greed would shine. Only those who can equip may roll and if he has it he can pick greed so that others may roll.

But then that destroys the whole point of bidding.

The tomb of exiles weapons are very cheap and great to use for evolution material a stage or two after the breakthrough stage that you use the infernal weapon for. You're right, I have never, in any mmo that I played, have seen people with shittier attitudes than this game in areas other than dungeon bidding, but I keep all my bad experiences to myself because there's no use complaining about it. You're not going to get anything beneficial out of this by complaining about something you can't stop, so why even bother

Archived