SomeGuyOverHere

Bidding for someone else's weapon

Recommended Posts

Yuhika   
38 minutes ago, Eckin said:

you made me miss PSO2 damn you

 

patching will take me months now

If I could buy stuff on the CS to make weapon grinding less painful trust me, I'd be there and not here.

 

Besides that grind PSO2 is perfect imo.

 

They don't want American money though.

Edited by Yuhika

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dungeon loot system is ridiculous. Other MMOs have it so when someone gets the loot, it's still there so you can loot it yourself. This bidding system only creates tension and unrest between people that are supposed to be working together, and the only people that really benefit from this are the super rich, and the people who run the dungeon with only their friends. This is a horrible way to incite competition, and NCSoft really needs to deal with this. NCSoft makes content that they really want us to do with other people, but then they make it so playing with other people on your own team can be an absolute headache and stressful enough that you don't like it. If you outbid the party leader he could be a dick about it and change the looting rules, which is also a crappy thing they implemented. Party rules should be decided before the dungeon, and shouldn't be able to be changed inside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Avanto   
3 hours ago, Nickilli said:

Someone out bid you on your weapon so you just had to come to the forum and make your first post a nonsensical rage post?

It's an obvious problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nickilli   
1 hour ago, Eladriel said:

Tell me how is it balanced if people bid on purpose just to raise prices without even needing the item? Which can cause a person who actually need it to not get it if he doesn't have the amount it's needed? No sorry that's not balanced,there are plenty of ways in the game to earn gold other then running dungeons for it,actually going trough dungeons is probably worst way of making gold.

1. You need to go with randoms so that people would actually bid

2. Going with randoms doesn't always mean that you will successfully clear the dungeon

3. Dungeons usually take longer to do so with randoms cause most are undergeared or not experienced enough in it + count low drop rate of stuff = not worth for sure.

 

So stop with bullshit that everyone gets something,normal people let others have items that they need,it's a common courtesy to do so only this game forces people to be assholes.

Gonna be fun if legendary will drop now on update,since they will be tradeble it will be fun to see people bidding tons of it and bidding even without the need for it..

 

And before you think that im mad or something cause i get outbid etc.. Dont worry i make over 100g per day i could outbid every random almost that goes into cross server dungeon such as BSH 4 man or POH 4 man for outfit,hair piece etc. But i don't,wanna know why? cause im not a selfish *cricket*.

 
For low levels struggling to get the drops they think they deserve and think they are the only ones allowed to bid running dungeons is one of the only ways to get coin they can't run the big dailies, they can't craft the valuable items that sell well on market so that is how it is balanced over other games they all get something from the run the drop or the coin so that eventually they are the ones out biding others.

 

Think you are mad clearly you are otherwise you would not need to brag at how much you make. Something the low levels that are trying to get cheap break throughs can not do which proves the balance that I speak of for the drops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nickilli   
Just now, Avanto said:

It's an obvious problem.

 

No there is no problem you earn coin when people out bid rather then get nothing everyone gets something.

The coin you earn from every run will eventually let you out bid and win the item you think you deserve and is only reserved for you.

Most MMO's have catered to lazy care bears for to long that do not know howe to work for the items/drops they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

 
For low levels struggling to get the drops they think they deserve and think they are the only ones allowed to bid running dungeons is one of the only ways to get coin they can't run the big dailies, they can't craft the valuable items that sell well on market so that is how it is balanced over other games they all get something from the run the drop or the coin so that eventually they are the ones out biding others.

 

Think you are mad clearly you are otherwise you would not need to brag at how much you make. Something the low levels that are trying to get cheap break throughs can not do which proves the balance that I speak of for the drops.

Just because you can argue it's balanced doesn't mean it's not faulty. It creates negative emotions, which is absolutely unnecessary when you're dealing with teammates. It's stressful on a lot of people. I don't have to deal with it since I only run with people I know, but even I know it's a nuisance.

 

Wanting a faulty system out of this game does not mean we're lazy either. That's a ridiculous argument and assumption

Edited by GreenBunionSoup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nickilli   
5 minutes ago, GreenBunionSoup said:

Just because you can argue it's balanced doesn't mean it's not faulty. It creates negative emotions, which is absolutely unnecessary when you're dealing with teammates. It's stressful on a lot of people. I don't have to deal with it since I only run with people I know, but even I know it's a nuisance.

 

Wanting a faulty system out of this game does not mean we're lazy either. That's a ridiculous argument and assumption

 

Negative emotions from a game Ummm Ok if your so negatively impacted by a game that you are not having fun perhaps the answer is  DO NOT PLAY.

I run pugs almost exclusively I have never run into an intentional AFKer, or a Master Looter, or any of the myriad of other claimed problems people come to the forums to rage about the one time it does happen.

 

The bid system was to ensure everyone got something from the drops and from the dungeon run and it solved more issues then any other change from the normal run does.

People that can not adjust to play a game as intended because Well you are just used to the game being handed to you and items being handed to you well that is another problem in and of itself and it is not the games issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nickilli   
Just now, GreenBunionSoup said:

The bidding system is not there to not ensure everyone gets something. What you get up isn't always what you need, when people are cockblocking you like what happened with TC. It's also perfectly normal to feel negatively when someone is doing so, especially in TC's case when they don't need it and are either cockblocking you, or trying to get a ton of money out of you. It might not be negative enough that I'm severely affected, but if that person dies then I'm probably not gonna revive him. 

 

Having an issue with a game is in no way wanting to have the entire game handed to us either. We aren't asking for an unreasonable change, like making every single item drop really high. We just want change. How about you stop assuming we're lazy and want everything without putting in the effort, even though you have no proof of this? We find the system faulty, so we're obviously gonna be annoyed by it. 

 

Sounds like you need a new girlfriend if *cricket* blocking is your issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

 

No there is no problem you earn coin when people out bid rather then get nothing everyone gets something.

The coin you earn from every run will eventually let you out bid and win the item you think you deserve and is only reserved for you.

Most MMO's have catered to lazy care bears for to long that do not know howe to work for the items/drops they want.

The bidding system is not there to not ensure everyone gets something. What you get up isn't always what you need, when people are cockblocking you like what happened with TC. It's also perfectly normal to feel negatively when someone is doing so, especially in TC's case when they don't need it and are either cockblocking you, or trying to get a ton of money out of you. It might not be negative enough that I'm severely affected, but if that person dies then I'm probably not gonna revive him. 

 

Having an issue with a game is in no way wanting to have the entire game handed to us either. We aren't asking for an unreasonable change, like making every single item drop really high. We just want change. How about you stop assuming we're lazy and want everything without putting in the effort, even though you have no proof of this? We find the system faulty, so we're obviously gonna be annoyed by it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vita   

If someone would bid 12s for your weapon just let them have it, you get another chance for the weapon in the chest anyway and can always rerun the dungeon. I had someone bid for my bm weapon in blackram narrows, I just let him have it when it got high enough, few more runs and I got my weapon with no one bidding for it.

 

You might think need and greed sounds nice, until when another person of the same class roll need when he already have it and you lost on the need roll, you get nothing, here at least you get some silver out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chinmi   

another miss informed thread.

ok kid, listen up.

with bidding system, the person that lost the bid is getting paid by the winner for helping him getting thru the dungeon.

in a 6 group. winner pay 10g, the other 5 player get 2g each

in a 4 group. winner pay 10g, the other 3 player get 3g33s33c each

that way, the winner get item, and the loser get money.

in a couple of run, those loser will be able to get enough money to outbid everyone and get the item

it's a win-win situation

 

in an rng system, a lucky player can get all the item in a run. and the loser get nothing ! NOTHING !!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WORD ? NOTHIIINGGGGG !!!

and don't start with troll roller, even in normal rng roll system, a troll can still roll and try their luck on the item that you want. so if you have bad luck, you'll get no item, and the troller get the item. while in a bidding system, a troll must think twice before outbid someone because it's gonna cost money.

 

this is teach player to be like an adult, you work your ass, so you have to get paid. if someone help you get something, you pay them !!! and it teach you to save your earned money to get the item you want. very2 genius system.

 

if you wanna play with old rng roll system, go play tera or wow or those other kiddy games.

 

sigh...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dascorp   

i was doing a dungeon... cat item.. drops.... i am the only summoner in the group.... one guy asks everyone what the price of that cat item is on the market... and then goes and bids on it lol......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nickilli   
3 minutes ago, dascorp said:

i was doing a dungeon... cat item.. drops.... i am the only summoner in the group.... one guy asks everyone what the price of that cat item is on the market... and then goes and bids on it lol......

 

Sounds like a very smart guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chinmi said:

another miss informed thread.

ok kid, listen up.

with bidding system, the person that lost the bid is getting paid by the winner for helping him getting thru the dungeon.

in a 6 group. winner pay 10g, the other 5 player get 2g each

in a 4 group. winner pay 10g, the other 3 player get 3g33s33c each

that way, the winner get item, and the loser get money.

in a couple of run, those loser will be able to get enough money to outbid everyone and get the item

it's a win-win situation

 

in an rng system, a lucky player can get all the item in a run. and the loser get nothing ! NOTHING !!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WORD ? NOTHIIINGGGGG !!!

and don't start with troll roller, even in normal rng roll system, a troll can still roll and try their luck on the item that you want. so if you have bad luck, you'll get no item, and the troller get the item. while in a bidding system, a troll must think twice before outbid someone because it's gonna cost money.

 

this is teach player to be like an adult, you work your ass, so you have to get paid. if someone help you get something, you pay them !!! and it teach you to save your earned money to get the item you want. very2 genius system.

 

if you wanna play with old rng roll system, go play tera or wow or those other kiddy games.

 

sigh...

It's really not a win-win for low level players when I higher level who doesn't even need the item outbids them. The drops aren't guaranteed and the little bit of money that they're outbid by because they can't afford to go higher does them no good when it won't cover the cost to get a Brilliant key to get the needed weapon. Worse still, they'll have to clear the dungeon again if by chance they don't get their needed item from the chest.

 

Cosmetic items are one things, but needed evolution materials being hiked up so a high level can grief other players benefits no one except the troll who somehow gets a kick out of it. Unfortunately there is no perfect system and one that would completely fix it would require some pretty convoluted programming. That said, it shouldn't be hard for you to see  what the OP is complaining about and why it's a problem. Why people liked your response I don't know because it makes zero sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brand X   
2 hours ago, Shar said:

next time, just make them pay for it and laugh at human stupidity (and people defend the bidding system...)

 

I totally defend the bidding system.  Lost out on the weapon, but then on the RNG system you could have just as easily never got it either :p

 

That said, I don't do that and will generally only go up so far before I just say "Fine, you take it." when they want to play that game.  Which hasn't been that often and I PuG a lot.  :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nickilli   
5 minutes ago, Prototypemind said:

It's really not a win-win for low level players when I higher level who doesn't even need the item outbids them. The drops aren't guaranteed and the little bit of money that they're outbid by because they can't afford to go higher does them no good when it won't cover the cost to get a Brilliant key to get the needed weapon. Worse still, they'll have to clear the dungeon again if by chance they don't get their needed item from the chest.

 

Cosmetic items are one things, but needed evolution materials being hiked up so a high level can grief other players benefits no one except the troll who somehow gets a kick out of it. Unfortunately there is no perfect system and one that would completely fix it would require some pretty convoluted programming. That said, it shouldn't be hard for you to see  what the OP is complaining about and why it's a problem. Why people liked your response I don't know because it makes zero sense.

 

LOL I run dungeons with the evolved weapon and the damn* breakthrough weapons still drop left and right I usually end up with at least 2 from every run one from the boss chest one from random drops. WEAPONS drop Like Candy in this game.

 

Yes it is win=win they get coin so they can afford the breakthrough as well. Even if they do not get the drop the first run.

Edited by Nickilli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess you don't understand the concept of RNG. I guess you also don't understand the value of time. Being an ass to someone and making him or her take on extra runs simply to grief them costs them additional time, repairs, and frustration for no reason. Some of the responses in this thread leave me scratching my head a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TaruV   

Being smart and being a greedy douche are two very different things.

 

Yesterday I had this run where someone got an Eyebrow for a silver and some coppers, because nobody wanted to bleed the fashion-monger for it. On that same run, I decided to bid a stupid amount on my class weapon, just to avoid RNG hell with boxes. I got what I wanted and the other bidder was the same class who also needed the weapon, so it was a legit bidding contest and everyone else got paid. Had it been a scumbag bidding against me, I wouldn't have bid that high.

 

Back in Blackram Narrows I once had someone bidding on my class weapon and claiming he needed it for his friend. Dunno if he had trouble understanding the concept of a bound item or just hoped to squeeze some money out of me, but the party shouted him down and he stopped shy of twenty copper.

 

Some randoms are decent people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vita   

Sure it can get frustrating, but for those that think need or greed is better, bear in mind that it can get even more frustrating especially if you have another person of the same class in the party. You could run 10 times and get nothing out of it because the other person need roll is higher. I had raid run in other MMO with pug, where 1 person won all the loots that I could use as well just because my roll were lower, time and entry wasted and get nothing out of it.

 

So in away it's the lesser of two evil, you always get something out of it in a bidding system and each dungeon run you have 2 chance to get what you need.

 

The high level that goes into a low level dungeon just to bid weapon must be a real troll to do that, he is better off farming big 4 where he can earn more per run instead of running low level dungeon just to troll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TaruV said:

Being smart and being a greedy douche are two very different things.

 

Yesterday I had this run where someone got an Eyebrow for a silver and some coppers, because nobody wanted to bleed the fashion-monger for it. On that same run, I decided to bid a stupid amount on my class weapon, just to avoid RNG hell with boxes. I got what I wanted and the other bidder was the same class who also needed the weapon, so it was a legit bidding contest and everyone else got paid. Had it been a scumbag bidding against me, I wouldn't have bid that high.

 

Back in Blackram Narrows I once had someone bidding on my class weapon and claiming he needed it for his friend. Dunno if he had trouble understanding the concept of a bound item or just hoped to squeeze some money out of me, but the party shouted him down and he stopped shy of twenty copper.

 

Some randoms are decent people.

Some people are smart, and if the bidding system were used the way it was supposed to be used, then that's fine. The problem is people are using it to cause grief, and low level players with not much money are left in the dust. It might not be the absolute worst system ever, but it's not better than the alternatives, so I just do not see the point of keeping it. Why have people bid and create conflict, when they can just make everyone have an equal chance at RNG, like every other MMO? Conflict should stay in PvP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TaruV   

My point was that the system is only as bad as the people using it - just like most other loot systems. There would be nothing to stop the trolls and lolcats from hammering Need on every single drop just for teh lulz.

 

The other side of the coin is that new players can score a nice sum of money from bidding wars between fashion nuts. It's not perfect, but it's not without any redeeming qualities either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Naunet   
6 minutes ago, vita said:

Sure it can get frustrating, but for those that think need or greed is better, bear in mind that it can get even more frustrating especially if you have another person of the same class in the party. You could run 10 times and get nothing out of it because the other person need roll is higher. I had raid run in other MMO with pug, where 1 person won all the loots that I could use as well just because my roll were lower, time and entry wasted and get nothing out of it.

 

Honestly, I can count on one hand the number of times I've lost an item I wanted to a loot ninja. And if I lose a roll to someone else who needs it... so what? I'm not out anything and no stress, just run again. A lot less frustration than losing out because someone was able to bid higher than you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vita   
Just now, Naunet said:

 

Honestly, I can count on one hand the number of times I've lost an item I wanted to a loot ninja. And if I lose a roll to someone else who needs it... so what? I'm not out anything and no stress, just run again. A lot less frustration than losing out because someone was able to bid higher than you.

 

One you never know if the other person needs it, he could just roll because he can, after all he got nothing to lose by rolling. To me that is more frustrating, because I got nothing from the run, at all.

 

Here if he wants to bid high, I let him, I take his silver and just run it again, it's less frustrating because I am earning more silver everytime someone decide to troll, every run I get something out of it.

 

And just the same as you can count with 1 hand on loot ninja, I have 2 level 45 and a level 32, only twice I have seen someone actually trying to bid high for something I need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MadBlue   
54 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

 

LOL I run dungeons with the evolved weapon and the damn* breakthrough weapons still drop left and right I usually end up with at least 2 from every run one from the boss chest one from random drops. WEAPONS drop Like Candy in this game.

 

Yes it is win=win they get coin so they can afford the breakthrough as well. Even if they do not get the drop the first run.

 

Blight weapons, as well as many other purple breakthrough weapons that drop from end bosses, are untradeable. You can't buy them on the auction house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rocdog   
3 hours ago, AttacKat said:

 

Sorry, the OP is wrong in that claim. There is no weapon that I cannot use in a dungeon, even if it is not for my class. What OP needs to learn is how this game work. In this case, this purple weapon allows a huge upgrade gain compared to the blue weapons, and likely at a much cheaper rate. This is also true with the accessories drops for that given upgrade level.

 

Blight weapons don't give more of an upgrade than a random green Cinderlands weapon.  You can get those for much cheaper than 12s at the market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now