Bidding for someone else's weapon

SomeGuyOverHere

Are you guys effing nuts?

What is the sense bidding for a blight gauntlet, while no one, absolutely no bloody one else is a KFM?!

I would be fine with 1-2silver, but crappy hell, 12silver and some coppers for a gauntlet, from someone who is a F*CKING FM?! Are you kidding me?

This seriously needs to be fixed. F*cking european players are so bloody gloating -.-'

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players do that on purpose to get money out of the person that needs the weapon. I've stopped doing breakthrough weapon dungeons w/ random people and just go with a friend to avoid the greed and mess. If you have to bid that much on your own weapon, might as well let the other person fail and pay instead since they want to play games. 

I've had the same issue. Very cutthroat community and quite frankly it pisses me off sometimes. I've seen all manner of sharking bids to get more money out of players to seeing destroyers picking up other peoples tapped mobs and running them out to reset and then steal the mob.

There really needs to be a way to report people for harrassment/being dicks.

45 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

Someone out bid you on your weapon so you just had to come to the forum and make your first post a nonsensical rage post?

Read OP's post. Someone who can't even use a BoP weapon for another class bid high on the weapon just to force the only person who could actually use it to spend more money for it. This is another reason why a Need vs Greed system (and class-based items only being able to be Needed-on by players of that class) is much better than the bid system.

2 minutes ago, MadBlue said:

Read OP's post. Someone who can't even use a BoP weapon for another class bid high on the weapon just to force the only person who could actually use it to spend more money for it. This is another reason why a Need vs Greed system (and class-based items only being able to be Needed-on by players of that class) is much better than the bid system.

He claims it was someone that could not use it.

we only have one side of the story here.

For all we know he left out the part that it was someone that could use it as well.

Not all that uncommon to rage on forums and only tell half the story to support their own side.

Personally in my opinion, I always thought they should do something like where there is a Need / Greed / Pass option.  So if you were the class of the drop, you could need on it (which would give you priority, maybe in this game call it Priority Bid or something?  Idk) but anyway, if you weren't the class of it, that option would be greyed out for you, you can only Greed / Pass.  If the class specific people pass on the need or there is nobody of the class then it falls to the greed option and so on.

Edit:  Oh, this was already suggested, lol.  My bad.

6 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

For all we know he left out the part that it was someone that could use it as well.

Not all that uncommon to rage on forums and only tell half the story to support their own side.

That wouldnt be leaving out information.. it would be changing, the whole story.  Seeing as he clearly stated no one else was KFM, Im not sure what the other side of the story could be.

10 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

Sorry, the OP is wrong in that claim. There is no weapon that I cannot use in a dungeon, even if it is not for my class. What OP needs to learn is how this game work. In this case, this purple weapon allows a huge upgrade gain compared to the blue weapons, and likely at a much cheaper rate. This is also true with the accessories drops for that given upgrade level.

5 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

Sorry, the OP is wrong in that claim. There is no weapon that I cannot use in a dungeon, even if it is not for my class. What OP needs to learn is how this game work. In this case, this purple weapon allows a huge upgrade gain compared to the blue weapons, and likely at a much cheaper rate. This is also true with the accessories drops for that given upgrade level.

While you are right that it is a huge gain in upgrade but if there's a person in group that needs that weapon,then  you shouldn't be a piece of shit and bid on it. Too many kids without respect play this game. 

This game has worst bid system i ever saw,it actually make players hate each others.

9 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

You can always get another weapon and I'm pretty sure you can get a weapon box as well. If there is a person in the party that needs that weapon. At least have the common courtesy to let them get it. This game needs a greed, need, or pass system. So people can be less of an ass. 

18 minutes ago, Dowra said:

That wouldnt be leaving out information.. it would be changing, the whole story.  Seeing as he clearly stated no one else was KFM, Im not sure what the other side of the story could be.

Obviously the other side is clear He could be lying to make his rage post believable.

Further anyone can use the purple weapons as has been stated even if only for the best upgrade to your own weapon via the evolve function.

The Game mechanics are such that the drops are usable by any class. 

5 minutes ago, Eladriel said:

While you are right that it is a huge gain in upgrade but if there's a person in group that needs that weapon,then  you shouldn't be a piece of shit and bid on it. Too many kids without respect play this game. 

This game has worst bid system i ever saw,it actually make players hate each others.

Actually no it is one of the best most balanced systems of any MMO everyone in the party gets something from the drop.

it can be the drop itself or more coin for the next drop you think you deserve.

Get enough coin soon you are guaranteed to get the drop that really matters.

Weapons drop like candy in this game there really is no need for the forum rage.

4 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

Actually no it is one of the best most balanced systems of any MMO everyone in the party gets something from the drop.

it can be the drop itself or more coin for the next drop you think you deserve.

Get enough coin soon you are guaranteed to get the drop that really matters.

Weapons drop like candy in this game there really is no need for the forum rage.

Tell me how is it balanced if people bid on purpose just to raise prices without even needing the item? Which can cause a person who actually need it to not get it if he doesn't have the amount it's needed? No sorry that's not balanced,there are plenty of ways in the game to earn gold other then running dungeons for it,actually going trough dungeons is probably worst way of making gold.

1. You need to go with randoms so that people would actually bid

2. Going with randoms doesn't always mean that you will successfully clear the dungeon

3. Dungeons usually take longer to do so with randoms cause most are undergeared or not experienced enough in it + count low drop rate of stuff = not worth for sure.

So stop with bullshit that everyone gets something,normal people let others have items that they need,it's a common courtesy to do so only this game forces people to be assholes.

Gonna be fun if legendary will drop now on update,since they will be tradeble it will be fun to see people bidding tons of it and bidding even without the need for it..

And before you think that im mad or something cause i get outbid etc.. Dont worry i make over 100g per day i could outbid every random almost that goes into cross server dungeon such as BSH 4 man or POH 4 man for outfit,hair piece etc. But i don't,wanna know why? cause im not a selfish *cricket*.

24 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

Obviously the other side is clear He could be lying to make his rage post believable.

Further anyone can use the purple weapons as has been stated even if only for the best upgrade to your own weapon via the evolve function.

The Game mechanics are such that the drops are usable by any class. 

Other people have tons of other ways to obtain weapon fodder for evolution. The guy/girl looking for their breakthrough weapon, however, has only that one option. It's absolutely a jerk move to bid on those items when someone in the group needs it for breakthrough.

Archived