Please allow Warlocks to be...

Cynic

Gons. 

The male Gon-outfits are better than Jins', and Lyns just suck. Wanted to play blademaster, so I had no choice but to cut my losses. I mean look at this. One looks like a badass, the other looks like a clown. 

u4aPQuP.jpg

I'm glad lyn are included because I hate the fanservice that is the female avatar on every other race...  (And I am female, FWIW.)  I can generally wear whatever as a female lyn without looking, ahem, like a "lady of the night."

Let me help you, you should write your opinion like this :

I think that "the male Gon-outfits are better than Jins', and Lyns just suck. Wanted to play blademaster, so I had no choice but to cut my losses. I mean look at this. One looks like a badass, the other looks like a clown." 

6 minutes ago, RyuueLaview said:

not sure why they included lyn but the way I figured, they gave 1 range class to jin since they previously had none. Gon and lyn and yun all have fm and lyn also has summ. 

Without going into many spoilers, lore wise Lyn were supposed to be more magically in tuned with the spirits and the "spirit energy" of the world. That's why as you progress through the story many of them are healers and mystics. From the eraly footage back in 2011-2012 the summoner was supposed to summone demons and spirits anyway, not some cat. They did so with paintbrushes as opposed to a staff. When the game was released ideas changed, but I had no problem with Lyn getting warlock.

The Jin are neutral ground, they can be anything, but to be fair they left them out of the loop for FM and the racial specialty classes. So Jin getting Warlock, made a little sense. 

The Yun should have gotten Warlock, but NCSoft canned that idea; lore wise Jinsoyun is akin to a warlock anyway. but whatever. I have given up on Yun getting anything exclusive since they are a gender specific race and I'm sure people are worried about about "gender locked" classes. 

The Gon are mostly warriors, but becuase of their "dragon ancestry" I guess NCSoft allowed for them to use Magic, but originally they were never supposed to get mystic classes. That is until Soul Fighter was announced. Gon's being Soul Fighters make a lot more sense than Forcemasters, but I guess there needed to be a "logical progression."

You know Jin race is the easiest to mimic other races right?

Male Jins can look like a Gon if you take enough time to alter his height and facial features.

Female Jins can look like Yuns also vice versa. (mentioned Yun cause number of people complained about wanting a warlock Yun)

Just now, tuannifur said:

You know Jin race is the easiest to mimic other races right?

Male Jins can look like a Gon if you take enough time to alter his height and facial features.

Female Jins can look like Yuns also vice versa. (mentioned Yun cause number of people complained about wanting a warlock Yun)

body wise yes.

outfits no.

you can make your character look like any race (except lyns) but the outfits are still designed race specific.

5 hours ago, Eckin said:

As a Lyn player I felt like I had to come by just to agree that the Lyn costume suck. As they usually do.

Not only the costumes. The facial customization of lyn is much more simple compared to other race.

31 minutes ago, Strindberg said:

I'm actually really surprised Yun never got an exclusive class. The Warlock would've been a perfect exclusive.

I don't think Yun will ever have an exclusive class, just because they are a gender locked race, I mean, I can't really think of any other reason tbh..

If they ever deserved an exclusive class, I think FM should have been that class, it fits them perfectly.

I'm glad warlock is Jin/Lyn though.. Female Jins have the best body proportions overall, imho.

9 hours ago, Houlon said:

It was originally going to be Lyn only, We are lucky they decided to add Jin too.

Ughhh wut? get your fact right before posting. WL first came out as a Jin, hence, that's why there is only Warlock Costume available on Jin race and no lyn race. Then they decided to give it to Lyn as well because apparently who knows what for god sake, everyone wants every class on a lyn. Well, lyns are known for easy class anyway.

46 minutes ago, Farrangis said:

Ughhh wut? get your fact right before posting. WL first came out as a Jin, hence, that's why there is only Warlock Costume available on Jin race and no lyn race. Then they decided to give it to Lyn as well because apparently who knows what for god sake, everyone wants every class on a lyn. Well, lyns are known for easy class anyway.

Technically in the early trailers,  lyn was shown with a class akin to warlock.  Whether or not this was actually warlock is up in the air, given that the only similarity is they both summoned demons (probably the original summoner class),  but that's how it was. But it is true that jin received the first official warlock,  there's actually no telling if lyn back then were the only summoner class either. 

On 2/22/2016 at 2:06 AM, Karurosuda said:

Technically in the early trailers,  lyn was shown with a class akin to warlock.  Whether or not this was actually warlock is up in the air, given that the only similarity is they both summoned demons (probably the original summoner class),  but that's how it was. But it is true that jin received the first official warlock,  there's actually no telling if lyn back then were the only summoner class either. 

Yeah I remember that trailer back in 2009, a lyn summon a black demon on the air. It was epic, and I thought that was what a true summoner should be, not a half ass cat standing like ape.

Archived