Picking a Laptop - Need feedback

Enamour

So I found this and it seems decent enough:

Lenovo - 15.6" Laptop - AMD FX-Series - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - Black

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-15-6-laptop-amd-fx-series-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/4577800.p?id=1219774252427&skuId=4577800

My question is, would it be enough to get decent (~35ish) fps or so in dungeons and the such? Also has anyone had any experiences or currently use this laptop?

I'm not a huge AMD/ATI fan, I'm more of an Intel/Nvidia person, however since going that route is quite a bit more expensive at around $200-$300 above the one you linked, I'd say you should be fine with AMD. Especially considering you're not looking to play the game flawlessly and only hoping for around 35 FPS. 

I'm not up to date with AMD benchmarks, but to offer some perspective, my old laptop has an i5, an Nvidia 630M (2 gb vram) and is reaching 4 years oldddd. It runs the game alright on mid-ish settings, maybe 25-30 FPS and dips lower on occasion when things get intense. It's choppy, but not unplayable. The textures aren't gorgeous and crisp but they don't look melted either. Despite AMD products being inferior to the Intel/Nvidia parts in my laptop, I think it's safe to say even AMD would be one hell of an upgrade to the 4+ year old, out dated components I currently have. 

With that being said, if my laptop runs it alright, then the one you linked should run it with ease and higher FPS. So yeah, I think you should be 100% fine with that laptop and I'm guessing it would be a considerable upgrade to what you're running now. It's not a bad laptop and mid range. 

I say go for it, and if you end up hating it, just return it. It's Best Buy after all and they have stores every where. 

Just now, Beckah said:

I'm not a huge AMD/ATI fan, I'm more of an Intel/Nvidia person, however since going that route is quite a bit more expensive at around $200-$300 above the one you linked, I'd say you should be fine with AMD. Especially considering you're not looking to play the game flawlessly and only hoping for around 35 FPS. 

I'm not up to date with AMD benchmarks, but to offer some perspective, my old laptop has an i5, an Nvidia 630M (2 gb vram) and is reaching 4 years oldddd. It runs the game alright on mid-ish settings, maybe 25-30 FPS and dips lower on occasion when things get intense. It's choppy, but not unplayable. The textures aren't gorgeous and crisp but they don't look melted either. Despite AMD products being inferior to the Intel/Nvidia parts in my laptop, I think it's safe to say even AMD would be one hell of an upgrade to the 4+ year old, out dated components I currently have. 

With that being said, if my laptop runs it alright, then the one you linked should run it with ease and higher FPS. So yeah, I think you should be 100% fine with that laptop and I'm guessing it would be a considerable upgrade to what you're running now. It's not a bad laptop and mid range. 

I say go for it, and if you end up hating it, just return it. It's Best Buy after all and they have stores every where. 

Thanks! I went ahead and ordered it and as you've said, worst comes to worst, I can go get a refund.

Archived