Jump to content
Forums

Protection in Towns


CrazylTrain

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, CrazylTrain said:

Blade and Soul staff should make it where the Towns you go to like, Hogshead Hamlet, Mushins Tower, Jadestone and other inclosed towns Protected from PVP Even when wearing the Uniforms.

Take off the uniform lol.

The places with faction protections are the faction bases.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are trying to do faction quests, that's why people wear the uniform in towns. But lower leveled players or not end game players cannot advance or enjoy faction-based quests because some capped players will just camp the npc and kills anyone who comes near... Over time people will just abandon the faction based content all together. Its nice that they combine pvp and pve into the game but not everyone wants to pvp, some just like to pve and enjoy the story and content without idiots jumping them everytime they revive...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lucentyr said:

They are trying to do faction quests, that's why people wear the uniform in towns. But lower leveled players or not end game players cannot advance or enjoy faction-based quests because some capped players will just camp the npc and kills anyone who comes near... Over time people will just abandon the faction based content all together. Its nice that they combine pvp and pve into the game but not everyone wants to pvp, some just like to pve and enjoy the story and content without idiots jumping them everytime they revive...

 

There is not a single town where you need to wear a faction uniform... 

 

EDIT: The only exception would be Wispwater Springs, and I don't think for 10 FP and a Faction Insignia that it's really worth making that type of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/23/2016 at 0:21 PM, Grodycody said:

100% protection is provided anywhere in game already. no need for wasted dev time on a non issue.

 

what is it about people that don't understand the pvp quests may require some pvp?

**** I personally love the game so far and have a lot of fun.  The PVP does not bother me.**** <-- need to make sure you understand this first before you read my post.

 

While I agree that you can take off the outfit and voila, no more pvp against you.  That is clear and I would dare say everyone that plays this game gets that.  The other side, which you don't really care about though, is that people have to have the outfits on to do PVE quests which open them up for PVP.  The only quest in this game that requires PVP is the kill 10 of the opposite faction.  Everything else is PVE and not a single attack against someone else is required to complete.   Before you reply, read everything I am typing and comprehend that this is a view from the other side of the coin that you believe is simply resolved by just taking off the outfit.  If only that solved the game for everyone.  

 

If PVP is the goal, then make the quests actually be PVP quests, not PVE quests while forcing you to open yourself up to griefing.  Open world PVP in this game outside of the 1 single quest we currently have is a useless feature of the game and it only allows others to inconvenience the other faction.

 

Not to mention that right now, the game is locked behind soulstones as a highly needed resource ( among other things ) but these are really only attainable through Faction quests and Arena grinding for zen beans.  The pathetic couple you get from Tomb of Exile daily would put you at a month or two in some cases to upgrade a piece of gear.

 

Additionally, the game is intended to be a time sync, we all get that as well.  It is a Korean MMO from NCSoft, grind kind of comes with that.  So with a time sync ( dailies for example ) not everyone that plays actually has unlimited time per day to run dailies, so if they get screwed over by someone of the opposite faction who obviously has nothing better to do it will frustrate them since they now wasted what little time they do have and will basically be out of those resources ( soulstones ) for that day.  You frustrate someone enough and magically ( I hope no surprise here when you read the rest of the sentence ) they quit the game.  

 

It is a free to play game, obviously someone is throwing out cash for stuff on their cash shop and premium membership.  Well it is very likely that those also include the people that are being griefed by others that have nothing better to do.  They leave the game.. NCSoft loses their money.  If this happens enough times ( which it will - see Aion ) the game turns into garbage, is ruined, and eventually will disappear.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hollow3D said:

No rules in war 

We're not at war, we're playing a video game :p  

 

To counter your statement though, there are rules in this video game and they are the rules made by NCSoft and they can change them ( and do change them ) whenever they feel like it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/21/2016 at 2:10 PM, CrazylTrain said:

Blade and Soul staff should make it where the Towns you go to like, Hogshead Hamlet, Mushins Tower, Jadestone and other inclosed towns Protected from PVP Even when wearing the Uniforms.

I would unfortunately have to side with the take your outfit off in this case ( as much as it pains me to )

 

There is no content in the towns that require you to wear the outfit unless you are killing guards for sigs to get PVE outfits and in which case anyone wearing the opposite faction as you should be able to help out the guards and protect their town if they feel that is a worthy use of their time ( even though it provides zero benefit to them game wise as there is no benefit to open world PVP in this game outside of the 1 quest to kill 10 of the other faction ).  If you are putting on your outfit to port out, just simply hide behind a house or something else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Aquel said:

**** I personally love the game so far and have a lot of fun.  The PVP does not bother me.**** <-- need to make sure you understand this first before you read my post.

 

While I agree that you can take off the outfit and voila, no more pvp against you.  That is clear and I would dare say everyone that plays this game gets that.  The other side, which you don't really care about though, is that people have to have the outfits on to do PVE quests which open them up for PVP.  The only quest in this game that requires PVP is the kill 10 of the opposite faction.  Everything else is PVE and not a single attack against someone else is required to complete.   Before you reply, read everything I am typing and comprehend that this is a view from the other side of the coin that you believe is simply resolved by just taking off the outfit.  If only that solved the game for everyone.  

 

If PVP is the goal, then make the quests actually be PVP quests, not PVE quests while forcing you to open yourself up to griefing.  Open world PVP in this game outside of the 1 single quest we currently have is a useless feature of the game and it only allows others to inconvenience the other faction.

 

Not to mention that right now, the game is locked behind soulstones as a highly needed resource ( among other things ) but these are really only attainable through Faction quests and Arena grinding for zen beans.  The pathetic couple you get from Tomb of Exile daily would put you at a month or two in some cases to upgrade a piece of gear.

 

Additionally, the game is intended to be a time sync, we all get that as well.  It is a Korean MMO from NCSoft, grind kind of comes with that.  So with a time sync ( dailies for example ) not everyone that plays actually has unlimited time per day to run dailies, so if they get screwed over by someone of the opposite faction who obviously has nothing better to do it will frustrate them since they now wasted what little time they do have and will basically be out of those resources ( soulstones ) for that day.  You frustrate someone enough and magically ( I hope no surprise here when you read the rest of the sentence ) they quit the game.  

 

It is a free to play game, obviously someone is throwing out cash for stuff on their cash shop and premium membership.  Well it is very likely that those also include the people that are being griefed by others that have nothing better to do.  They leave the game.. NCSoft loses their money.  If this happens enough times ( which it will - see Aion ) the game turns into garbage, is ruined, and eventually will disappear.  

I can certainly agree with your points. but it still stands, that soulstones are obtained through risk. as much of a complete joke this system is, (the ENTIRE crafting system) (and pretty much every other "thought out" mechanic in this game), its still there.

 

you mention premium members leaving, and aion.    I was premium in aion for a month, found out it was a complete shyt game, uninstalled. same thing is going to happen when my prem runs out in this classic asian dump.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grodycody said:

I can certainly agree with your points. but it still stands, that soulstones are obtained through risk. as much of a complete joke this system is, (the ENTIRE crafting system) (and pretty much every other "thought out" mechanic in this game), its still there.

 

you mention premium members leaving, and aion.    I was premium in aion for a month, found out it was a complete shyt game, uninstalled. same thing is going to happen when my prem runs out in this classic asian dump.

Aion before free to play it was originally a sub game and it was a lot of fun back in 2009 NA release.  Once it went free to play it still wasn't bad but the patterns started and the premium feature came and it continued to be a money grab.  I hope that doesn't happen with Blade and Soul, so far we are not too far gone ( just wish the costumes were a little cheaper since they are not account bound..)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/23/2016 at 2:21 AM, Grodycody said:

100% protection is provided anywhere in game already. no need for wasted dev time on a non issue.

 

what is it about people that don't understand the pvp quests may require some pvp?

More often than not, its not pvp, its just one-sided carnage... PvP is when both sides can actually have a chance to win. When a lvl 45, HM3 or more than one hides at early to mid level areas to kill opposite faction people, its no longer PvP because there's no way to win unless you are more decked out than he is.

 

On 2/24/2016 at 4:42 AM, Hollow3D said:

No rules in war 

Its a video game, but some people really have ridiculous bad manners when confronting members from the opposite faction... Name calling and taunting for example... Even though both sides have rude people... Some really take the cake... 

 

On 2/24/2016 at 6:16 AM, Aquel said:

**** I personally love the game so far and have a lot of fun.  The PVP does not bother me.**** <-- need to make sure you understand this first before you read my post.

 

While I agree that you can take off the outfit and voila, no more pvp against you.  That is clear and I would dare say everyone that plays this game gets that.  The other side, which you don't really care about though, is that people have to have the outfits on to do PVE quests which open them up for PVP.  The only quest in this game that requires PVP is the kill 10 of the opposite faction.  Everything else is PVE and not a single attack against someone else is required to complete.   Before you reply, read everything I am typing and comprehend that this is a view from the other side of the coin that you believe is simply resolved by just taking off the outfit.  If only that solved the game for everyone.  

 

If PVP is the goal, then make the quests actually be PVP quests, not PVE quests while forcing you to open yourself up to griefing.  Open world PVP in this game outside of the 1 single quest we currently have is a useless feature of the game and it only allows others to inconvenience the other faction.

 

Not to mention that right now, the game is locked behind soulstones as a highly needed resource ( among other things ) but these are really only attainable through Faction quests and Arena grinding for zen beans.  The pathetic couple you get from Tomb of Exile daily would put you at a month or two in some cases to upgrade a piece of gear.

 

Additionally, the game is intended to be a time sync, we all get that as well.  It is a Korean MMO from NCSoft, grind kind of comes with that.  So with a time sync ( dailies for example ) not everyone that plays actually has unlimited time per day to run dailies, so if they get screwed over by someone of the opposite faction who obviously has nothing better to do it will frustrate them since they now wasted what little time they do have and will basically be out of those resources ( soulstones ) for that day.  You frustrate someone enough and magically ( I hope no surprise here when you read the rest of the sentence ) they quit the game.  

 

It is a free to play game, obviously someone is throwing out cash for stuff on their cash shop and premium membership.  Well it is very likely that those also include the people that are being griefed by others that have nothing better to do.  They leave the game.. NCSoft loses their money.  If this happens enough times ( which it will - see Aion ) the game turns into garbage, is ruined, and eventually will disappear.  

I agree with your points here, if its meant to be pvp, then make it pvp and not pve leaving you open to pvp. As I mentioned before, a lot of players like myself tend to skip over faction quests entirely due to the imbalance of faction numbers in Jiwan, way too many COs and too many with anger management issues and bad manners. Also I realized that as I hit level 45, my interest in the game dwindled because now I have to literally grind insignias and soulstones instead of getting more story content and other stuff that interests me... Ironically, the process to get to level 45 is more fun than things that come after that...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lucentyr said:

More often than not, its not pvp, its just one-sided carnage... PvP is when both sides can actually have a chance to win. When a lvl 45, HM3 or more than one hides at early to mid level areas to kill opposite faction people, its no longer PvP because there's no way to win unless you are more decked out than he is.

 

Its a video game, but some people really have ridiculous bad manners when confronting members from the opposite faction... Name calling and taunting for example... Even though both sides have rude people... Some really take the cake... 

 

I agree with your points here, if its meant to be pvp, then make it pvp and not pve leaving you open to pvp. As I mentioned before, a lot of players like myself tend to skip over faction quests entirely due to the imbalance of faction numbers in Jiwan, way too many COs and too many with anger management issues and bad manners. Also I realized that as I hit level 45, my interest in the game dwindled because now I have to literally grind insignias and soulstones instead of getting more story content and other stuff that interests me... Ironically, the process to get to level 45 is more fun than things that come after that...

no, pvp is when two players fight. player vs player

 

also, its touted as a pvp game, regardless of how bad pvp is, and most of the game is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I doubt NC will do anything about this. 

 

Personally, I'm not doing the faction quests till I am level 45 because every single time I attempt to do any of the faction quests, I get slaughtered by a level 45 (sometimes a group of them).

 

Yesterday while I was leveling my alt, there was a level 45 sin wearing a Blackram uniform, camped right next to the NPC that rewards players with the Bamboo Guard uniform. I'm pretty sure I don't have to explain what that dude was standing there for. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Grodycody said:

no, pvp is when two players fight. player vs player

 

also, its touted as a pvp game, regardless of how bad pvp is, and most of the game is.

You already said it yourself, its when two players fight... then its called pvp...

 

Can you call a player "farming" lower levels like mobs PvP when its not even a fight?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...