Forums

I cannot take it anymore

Auralia

I've been playing Blademaster all the way up to level 16, it's been punishingly frustrating thus far, but I didn't wanna reroll this character so I've kept at it.

I cannot take the slow grind anymore. I've played KFM, Assassin, Summoner, and Force Master, all of which seem to PVE better and faster than Blademaster. I've died easily 4 times as often, and fights take me twice as long. I hear that blademaster can be good, that it can be viable, but I'm having significant trouble getting there and I dunno what to do now. 

Am I crazy? The only success I've had is pulling large mobs of monsters and then Lunar Slashing them to pieces while blocking in between. Sometimes the mobs rearrange themselves out of blocking range and it's not always successful.

Should I just give up on blademaster? At this point I'm more frustrated than I am having fun, I hear it gets better, but surely the first 16 levels shouldn't be this hard.

also comments like "get good" tell me nothing, I'm literally looking for a guide or something, I've spent two long days off work trying to learn this class and I'm having basically no success at this point.

assassin does not really start to shine until around lvl 35ish. they can deal with single mobs ok enough however they lack all the tools to extend and reinitiate stealth stance so multiple mobs can be an issue. they have everything they need around lvl 42. but we will always suck at aoe.

the blade master class is good it just is probably missing some key abilities that round it out. 

personally i did not really enjoy the class much, but Blade dancer is a more straight up dps with tons of aoe version of the class you may enjoy more. i found the class a little too simple for my taste but it is def very easy to pick up. its basicly the melee summoner lol.  

destroyer is also stupid simple and can smash face easily. fighting destroyers in arena is probably the hardest matches ive had besides BD. they both have stupid amounts of cc and can block an assassin from using most of its skillset, however a smart assassin will counter you by running away and letting you waste chi. 

its not cheap, its the only smart move when getting close to you breaks our stealth and damages us :P 

pve? then u r doing it wrong.

bm pve is actually decently fast. Especially that level.

just x or 3 to KD and q to activate draw stance, and proceed to right mouse button things to death.

AoE farming u can AoE KD with 3 then tab AoE everything to death.

but honestly, I am dead sick of pve in this game.

You need towatch the 15 hours video on how to get to 45 lol.

I can tell you that getting to level 20 is not that hard, while alot of people arrive to jadestone village at levels 15-20, I always arrive there at level 20. And all I do are the dailies prior to that.

If you are getting annoyed, you need to take a look at a mirror and ask yourself "am I playing an mmo or am I playing a rpg game?".

Seriously, level 1-20 doesnt mattter what class you play, takes about 2 hours. At no point before 40 should you be doing any kind of grinding lol.

And fyi, blade masters suck against summoners, flat out, no way to counter. But other classes, are still doable to be beat. Heck, blade masters are actually faster than assassins lol, all you need to do is learn the mechanics of the class. Dont give up. Unless youre fighting a summoner, then just give up lol. 

Block is OP, like seriously. When you land it perfectly, you win the game.

Don't know Ive made a BM yesterday. Ive got it to lvl 19 without any problems and I am totally new to this game. Ive tried one class and that is summoner found it boring and got ride of it. I find that most ppl whine about BM, my friend told me to make a BD and Destroyer. BD is ok but Destro nah not my playstile. But I am waiting for Watrlock ^^

I know exactly how you felt.

I have only 1 lv45 character and its a Blade master. Its so painful at the start when I didn't know much about BM and trying to figure out myself. Now at Lv45 I still feels BM is all-round good, but weaker in EVERY aspect to different other class.

Then I saw this video below, I learned from this vid and search through forums on how to play BM, and as a noob on computer games like myself (This is the first MMO game I ever played). I manage to beat most people I meet on 1v1 Arena (except Summoner, I have never won against a lv45 non-bot summoner) You actually feel some achievement after improving skill on this "Hard" class.

Anyway, if you looking for easy play on this game go for summoners, I saw on Dojo that in BNS CN they call Summoners the real daughter of NCSoft.

Three matches, and make sure you watch the last match how he won the BD with Full HP

32 minutes ago, SixGod said:

I know exactly how you felt.

I have only 1 lv45 character and its a Blade master. Its so painful at the start when I didn't know much about BM and trying to figure out myself. Now at Lv45 I still feels BM is all-round good, but weaker in EVERY aspect to different other class.

Then I saw this video below, I learned from this vid and search through forums on how to play BM, and as a noob on computer games like myself (This is the first MMO game I ever played). I manage to beat most people I meet on 1v1 Arena (except Summoner, I have never won against a lv45 non-bot summoner) You actually feel some achievement after improving skill on this "Hard" class.

Anyway, if you looking for easy play on this game go for summoners, I saw on Dojo that in BNS CN they call Summoners the real daughter of NCSoft.

Three matches, and make sure you watch the last match how he won the BD with Full HP

What's the name of the giant lightning star on the ground the BM has? I looked through my skills and can't seem to find it. :(

2 hours ago, Enamour said:

What's the name of the giant lightning star on the ground the BM has? I looked through my skills and can't seem to find it. :(

I don't think we have that skill yet. Also it looks like they play at lvl 50 hm10 patch at which BM actually gets quite decent. 

1 minute ago, Bartas said:

I don't think we have that skill yet. Also it looks like they play at lvl 50 hm10 patch at which BM actually gets quite decent. 

Ah ok gotcha. And yea, that's why I'm keeping my BM around since they're supposed to get better later on. I love the play style but jesus do I feel like I'm hitting everything with a wet noodle.

I feel ya tho PvE is actually quite easy for the BM at this state of the game. Even if we don't suppose to have the trinity setup in B&S BM is actually more tank than DPS class. Sure it has nice DPS potential but it is still tied to... blocking/tanking.BMs do most damage if mob is focused on them, I hate the situation when I am about to unload full DPS combo but 99% of my hits land in thin air because boss chases some idiot FM around the room. 

On the other hand BM lacks soo much currently that it is laughable. Even if I can solo every boss (except Poh) in Blackram, Destroyer, for example, can do it 3x faster. Same with Mushin F7. I usually start at the same time with my Destro pal and while we do F1-F6 in similar pace he finishes F7 in about 2 mins while I almost always need whole 3.5-4 mins. 

BM was fun in PvE until 45 imo. Mushin Tower just took a huge poo all over any enjoyment I had of the class. I feel like I just have to cheese everything for max damage instead of doing anything that resembles using a sword with skill.  At lower levels it's really not a difficult class to use. Implement your blocks to proc your other abilities, and learn to work your Draw Stance and you'll enjoy it a lot more.

Hey man. Please keep in mind, blademaster at level 16 is like playing 1/20th of your class's potential. You don't have the ability yet to allocate skill points into your talent tree, and you haven't unlocked many of it's abilities yet. 

With that said, if you want an easy way to breeze through (see what i did there) the early levels, just kill enemies 1v1. It will save you supplies and you will die much less.

If you insist on AoE'ing mobs down, do not use Lunar Slash. It has a high start up delay, and will not be very effective until you can put a skill point in it to make it cast instantly. Instead, use Anklebiter, press Q to switch stances, and spam Flicker. If your Flicker crits, you can use Flash Step. If your Flash Step crits you can Flash Step again. Dead mobs.

As others have been saying, BM is actually quite strong in PVE, even early on. The key concept that will help you is that, typically, basic stance is for focus regen and CC while draw stance is for DPS. Flash step and flicker are your main AOE killers, with blade call offering some overkill. You can blast your way through 10+ mobs at a time very simply by CCing them (with one of our several AOE CCs), going into draw stance, and using Flash Step 3 times. If you keep your hongmoon ring up to date, you'll have enough crit to virtually guarantee 3 flash steps against larger groups of mobs. Make sure to put a couple of points into F1 flash step for the extra damage. 

Every class has their own rhythm and BM is no exception.  CC, attack,  attack.  Repeat.  In your case it's likely you'll use ankle biter, lightning draw, flash step when up, flicker the survivors.    With a fully upgraded weapon lunar slash kills fine until you are high enough to allocate skill points.  Mobbing should be easier and safer than on kfm cause of BM block and more AE cc.

After 20 things get significantly easier if you maximize your draw stance time and shouldn't be any slower than kfm.  Q and one skill point into SS gives you access to draw stance every 4s when lightning draw is on cd.  1 into R, 3 spec'd for fissure,  and V are a huge sources of chi to keep you in it more often than not.

I recently started as well with blade master on top of that its just me or does that class feels realy weak when you are not tanking mobs?I am currently lvl 21 but hell if I don´t block and use RMB I feel like I got no damage at all if we don´t count draw stance.

25 minutes ago, Gortael said:

I recently started as well with blade master on top of that its just me or does that class feels realy weak when you are not tanking mobs?I am currently lvl 21 but hell if I don´t block and use RMB I feel like I got no damage at all if we don´t count draw stance.

That's intended. Your basic stance is for resource building and control while draw stance is for damage output.

All these nay sayers. lol

I've actually died more on my BD than my BM.

I have a KFM at 45, BD at 43, Destroyer at 45, FM at 19, Sin at 13, Summs at 15 and currently leveling a BM which is now level 34.

I admit the BM starts slow, but once you get to around level 24, it starts getting better. 

I have a few friends that have max level BM's and they're having fun and enjoying the class.

10 hours ago, Gortael said:

Basic stance RMB is just filler. You can`t rly talk about doing dmg as BM and say to not count draw stance.

11 hours ago, About90Ninjas said:

All these nay sayers. lol

I've actually died more on my BD than my BM.

I admit the BM starts slow, but once you get to around level 24, it starts getting better. 

I have a few friends that have max level BM's and they're having fun and enjoying the class.

First Its pretty normal for bd to be dying more thanks to no block.Second I am  saying that  its slow at starting levels and got no damage if you don´t  handle the draw stance well.At last not at least I am absolutly not saying that its not enjoyable class as I had my fun as BM myself.For me it just feels way too defensive.I made that a little bit more enjoyable  for myself when I took that parry talent but singificantly harder to use,but thats my opinion.I don´t think that realy matters at all if you ask me cuz I think OP is not simply enjoying the game as BM and I suppose we already stated why its like that.Also maybe its just me but when I first saw name blade master I expected high attackspeed damage class thanks to fact that in eastern cultures,that goes for samurai as well, if it didn´t came for war those who mastered blade nearly never fought long longer than one strike and I think OP was expecting somethink like that as well and thats the reason he is not enjoying the BM class.Also you can´t realy deny that BM compared to other classes feels realy slow in terms of gameplay.

15 hours ago, Gortael said:

First Its pretty normal for bd to be dying more thanks to no block.Second I am  saying that  its slow at starting levels and got no damage if you don´t  handle the draw stance well.At last not at least I am absolutly not saying that its not enjoyable class as I had my fun as BM myself.For me it just feels way too defensive.I made that a little bit more enjoyable  for myself when I took that parry talent but singificantly harder to use,but thats my opinion.I don´t think that realy matters at all if you ask me cuz I think OP is not simply enjoying the game as BM and I suppose we already stated why its like that.Also maybe its just me but when I first saw name blade master I expected high attackspeed damage class thanks to fact that in eastern cultures,that goes for samurai as well, if it didn´t came for war those who mastered blade nearly never fought long longer than one strike and I think OP was expecting somethink like that as well and thats the reason he is not enjoying the BM class.Also you can´t realy deny that BM compared to other classes feels realy slow in terms of gameplay.

Hence why I replied.

It's as they say about the two BLADE classes: BM's are the defensive type whilst BD's are more on the offensive side. (Which is fine for me.)

As for speed killing: I can actually do what I do with my Destroyer, which is herding a group of mobs and then laying some heavy AoE.

I've actually leveled faster than my KFM and BD, but mainly because this is my 7th toon so I know my way around.

Archived