Why have a report bot if you DO NOTHING ABOUT IT?!!

Axiana

Seriously?!! Why do you bother at all to put in a Report Bot button if you guys at NC Soft do NOTHING AT ALL about the bots?! There are two bot armies that have been reported by multiple people on Poharan servers one that camps the bosses in Misty Woods PVP area and one set that sits all day every day at the golden Deva. They have been reported by so many people. And still they stay there, same toons, same names constantly. And you guys do nothing. Is it okay for us to use bot software? If so let me know, I could really use the extra gold. Because god knows it is impossible to make it in this game, with crafting being outrageous, you now what I mean 25 hours to craft one mining pick and all. I could really use throwing in a few accounts and just botting them all day................. 

I'm just going to guess this is baby rage from the title.

Don't feel like reading the actual post.

Bots are being dealt with but they also are being made as fast.

If you're claiming there's a bot army on Poharan server in Misty Woods, you're wrong. Those are real players just farming Terrors and Blackwyrm all day.

Obviously you read my post if you know I am talking about bot armies, so don't be all try to act all righteous. And yes they are definitely bot armies because they are toons with the exact same names with just one letter different following each other centimeters apart. So unless you have eight people that have godly coordinated then yes! It is a bot. 

Hello Axiana. Welcome to NCSoft. I just want to let you know that bots have been a problem since the days of Lineage. And NC has done very little to combat these bots. In fact they have even taken steps to help the bots in some cases. So get used to it. The bots will stay.

Between the bots and the goldsellers, one would think NCSoft would be busy trying to counter it, but considering all we hear from them is silence,  except when they're expanding the game again without fixing anything, I just don't trust them to actually care.

I be leave NCsoft uses a 3rd party to deal with banning of bots and they do sweeps thought each server but the big problem is as soon as there done there sweep new bots are put in place and we have to deal with them till the next sweep so more or less as they said before bots have bean a problem since Linage in 2002 its a war between NCsoft and bots they have tryed diff ways to deal with bots but it has also back fired on them every one seams to have there own answers on how to deal with them but its much harder then we all can understand I be leave the reason we are seeing a spike in spam bots is the gold farmers are losing sales because of the new gold buying for NCcoins system as why would people take the risk of being banned when they can buy it legally

so maybe the farmers will move on if they cant sell gold we just have to do are part and not pay the farmers  

Capcha. 
Fking simple. You know how you get the surveys? I think if 2 or 3 people report the same person for being a bot, that character should get a capcha notification that appears just like the survey does, and if they fail the capcha they get kicked from the game and put on a list where the "Sweepers" can easily deal with them.

Anyone else think this might work?

On alot of servers, there's Chinese SMN armies that farms misty wood bosses - or at least that what alot of their names suggest.

They seem to be mostly having a real person controlling them.

On the other hand, the massive amount of Destroyers in Lycan or Profane axes... that follows each other and stand on top of each other, doing the same actions, those are bots.

7 hours ago, Avanto said:

Capcha. 
Fking simple. You know how you get the surveys? I think if 2 or 3 people report the same person for being a bot, that character should get a capcha notification that appears just like the survey does, and if they fail the capcha they get kicked from the game and put on a list where the "Sweepers" can easily deal with them.

Anyone else think this might work?

the problem with this idea is players can abuse it and do it to some one thats AFK standing still

7 hours ago, Syanonn said:

On alot of servers, there's Chinese SMN armies that farms misty wood bosses - or at least that what alot of their names suggest.

They seem to be mostly having a real person controlling them.

On the other hand, the massive amount of Destroyers in Lycan or Profane axes... that follows each other and stand on top of each other, doing the same actions, those are bots.

The SMN train is a known CN clan.  Those guys knows the spawn cycles, and they know what they are doing hence the rinse and repeat, and uses SMN because it is the most efficient class. This is no different then orge trains that happens every day on Mushin. Google SMN orge tanking video and you will see why.

The BOTs are always destroyers because the developer of the said bot only designed it for destroyer.

Archived