Why you quit?

Rogu

13 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Indeed that is alot of work if you do all of this. I tend to get lazy with such a thing so I simply focus on what I want to do on that specific day instead of anything else though I have completely different situation as I got my bf to help me with getting the transformation stones. :') Less stressing when I don't do everything on that day and indeed you can do cold storage with that AP. I often get even random parties that always can finish the dungeon. I started doing cold storage since I got 402+ AP on each character so simply be brave and do it! :3

I LFP'd by mistake yesterday on my Summoner instead of waiting on a room. It got perma-frozen almost the whole length of the fight, time after time. We wiped on the first try, and barely managed the second one. There is some charge attack that needs to be KD's or some other BS like that as BnS just loves the one-shot-kill mechanics. I have never had an issue like that in a 500 AP groups, as someone always seem to disable him at the correct time or my DPS is low enough not to be frozen or I don't know what else. Then I was in agro on Kaari the entire fight.

Also, whenever I LFP right now by some reason I always get agro. And I don't like it at all, particularly on the Warlock. I don't know if tanks have a taunt at all in this game, but it seems thay cannot hold agro properly, because I get into basically full melee groups, and here is my puny Warlock holding the block & bastioning the whole fight like an idiot. If the best tank we have among the sins, blade dancers and masters is a warlock, and that warlock is played by me,  we are in for a world of hurt.

I am not a tank, I have never wanted to be a tank, I think tanking is far too stressful. I specifically chose a healer and a support DPS to avoid tanking.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Darkwingz said:

There are no tanks in this game, unless you have a destroyer or Kung FU Master.

I've seen Blade Dancers doing an absolutely fantastic job with Cold Storage, and in the SSP for tanking bosses that need to be cc'd. I've seen Destroyers do that as well, but I have never really seen a good KFM tank in action.

It's not a trinity game, but it seems to suffer the same 'no good tanks' syndrome as the trinity ones. Only it's probably worse, because it seems at least to me that they do not build the threat/hold aggro well & on the WL at least I do not see a viable way to drop agro when needed. An, seeing how badly the tanks are treated in some crucial content for functioning as tanks, it's, again, worse than the trinity...

4 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I've seen Blade Dancers doing an absolutely fantastic job with Cold Storage, and in the SSP for tanking bosses that need to be cc'd. I've seen Destroyers do that as well, but I have never really seen a good KFM tank in action.

It's not a trinity game, but it seems to suffer the same 'no good tanks' syndrome as the trinity ones. Only it's probably worse, because it seems at least to me that they do not build the threat/hold aggro well & on the WL at least I do not see a viable way to drop agro when needed.

As a sin I find myself building aggro by accident, so maybe aggro is just damage based or how often you target something?

14 minutes ago, Darkwingz said:

As a sin I find myself building aggro by accident, so maybe aggro is just damage based or how often you target something?

My understanding is that some types of attacks have higher threat generation than others, plus it does agro on the higher DPS. I have not played a tank, and I have not seen any detailed guides on building threat for specific classes, though I am sure this knowledge exist. But it appears that every character is supposed to be able to handle agro under the BnS system. I am not sure, I am too noob to understand the stuff like that.

27 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I LFP'd by mistake yesterday on my Summoner instead of waiting on a room. It got perma-frozen almost the whole length of the fight, time after time. We wiped on the first try, and barely managed the second one. There is some charge attack that needs to be KD's or some other BS like that as BnS just loves the one-shot-kill mechanics. I have never had an issue like that in a 500 AP groups, as someone always seem to disable him at the correct time or my DPS is low enough not to be frozen or I don't know what else. Then I was in agro on Kaari the entire fight.

Also, whenever I LFP right now by some reason I always get agro. And I don't like it at all, particularly on the Warlock. I don't know if tanks have a taunt at all in this game, but it seems thay cannot hold agro properly, because I get into basically full melee groups, and here is my puny Warlock holding the block & bastioning the whole fight like an idiot. If the best tank we have among the sins, blade dancers and masters is a warlock, and that warlock is played by me,  we are in for a world of hurt.

I am not a tank, I have never wanted to be a tank, I think tanking is far too stressful. I specifically chose a healer and a support DPS to avoid tanking.

I had few times issues with 500+ average party but it was because literally no one was using cc skills during the red AoE to prevent it.

On 2/22/2016 at 3:59 PM, underlander said:

Didn't quit yet, but if they don't do something about bots (dungeons and field bosses crowded with them) asap I will move to Black Desert. 

Nexon couldn't do anything about the bots, yet somehow Mabinogi and Maplestory were really popular.

1 hour ago, Darkwingz said:

DPS increase aggro, but there is the threat attribute that define how much threat you generate by your attacks , BM and KFM have skills that increase threat above the 100% normal (this will help to build aggro from enemies) , that's why they are considered tank classes , talking about bm  (don't  play kfm) i need to use cyclone ("specced with threat generation") and after this for 30 sec the threat generated  by my attacks will be at 150% , so to maintain aggro i have to use cyclone from time to time , if i don't use it i have to outdps the others to maintain aggro , that's why you usually see FMs (the higher dps) tanking bosses if no one is using threat generation (which is optional because depends on how the character is specced).

Summoners and warlocks for example  have taunt which puts the cat / thrall on the top aggro list for some seconds , after this the aggro will go back to the person on top list. Take hits will decrease aggro towards you , so if the tanks take a lot of hits he will endup losing aggro from the boss even with threat  generation

2 hours ago, okitaluc said:

Summoners and warlocks for example  have taunt which puts the cat / thrall on the top aggro list for some seconds , after this the aggro will go back to the person on top list. Take hits will decrease aggro towards you , so if the tanks take a lot of hits he will endup losing aggro from the boss even with threat  generation

My Warlock's thrall is not specced for taunt and he still gets agro. And I always assumed that the cat's off-taunt is to drop agro off the Summoner, not to grab it on a Summoner.

I quit because there are far better games than this one. That's an opinion based on fact.

The more I played other mmo's, the more I realised just how much this game sucked.  Now don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the time I played for the most part and at the time I have no regrets levelling my toon and I won't deny some fun that I had.  

However, it soon started to grate on me.  Grinding isn't an issue for me, but I like to be rewarded for hard work.  This game does not give sufficient reward.  It gives gambling and pay2progress.  Everything just started to seem so 'same-y' and not to mention all of the technical troubles the game has had.  It's incredibly poorly optimised, infested with hackers and gold spammers and the community in general is just so toxic.  

You spend £10/$15 on an outfit....an OUTFIT which is just outrageous.  That's nearly the same price as a month of premium, but I guess waifu and husbando have to look the part while you do the same dungeon over and over until you don't get what you want because some wallet warrior outbid you.

Games like FF14, Tera and even Aion reign superior to this game and yes before you salty people tell me to back to them if I hate this game so much, I already have and happier for it.  Another 1year old game called Skyforge is by FAR one of the better 'new' mmo's and puts this shit to shame.  

Also, womens' vulvas are not that rigid, it's flesh, it's squidgy and not made of stone like this games toon models.  I know Korea think the 'thigh-gap' is what makes women attractive and there is no denying that a lil gap is quite nice, but not one you can drive a 4x4 through.

42 minutes ago, Jinjii said:

Another 1year old game called Skyforge is by FAR one of the better 'new' mmo's and puts this shit to shame.

Took a quick look at Skyforge around the google-foo, and sounds like it's the same stuff as every other MMO.

Overgeared oppressive sniggering minority, gods forbid we play with 'randoms', P2W and low populations.

I think I am just MMO'd out. I think I will go play the games that do not play on the inferiority complex as a marketing strategy. It's gotta be something amazing for me to go scream: "A second class citizen?! Wow, where do I sign up?!" I probably found the MMOs too late in life to really take the BS, as much as I love the combat system and the idea of a MMO, of playing with the folks from around the world.

I guess, the biggest thing that surprised me in BnS was how cut-throat the PvE is. My MMO-friend, a WoW/FF/SWTOR etc 'veteran' told me once he liked PvE more than PvP because in PvE people banded together to fight for a common goal,  but I just don't see it in BnS. In SWTOR, yes, we had social, friendly raids, and they were rare enough to be enjoyable. The sheer volume in BnS kills it. And by the sound of it, there is just no other kind MMO game on the market like SWTOR.

I dunno. I need to think about it. And it's hard, with how aggressively BnS drives you and creates this sort of panicking feel that OMG, if I don't do the Daily Challenge today, OMG if I miss SSP, OMG are you crazy not to reload the crafting, etc, etc....

Well, 9 days till the end of the daily challenge, so maybe after it's done it's time to put the game down and try to get detoxed.

the Problem is that this Blade and Soul version us like half the game if not less so u not saw the good sites at all... specialy pvp content this version has no... weapons or acces u can upgrade beside the start gear ... u cant do other stats then ap and crit bit acc.... later bit pierce... so absicly FULL DPS GLASS CANON there are NO OPTIONS ..... u ether go with the shit flow or no one wants u.... reasons..... they idiots...... and this game got on every *cricket*ing boss or shit a dps race enrage timer.... its ether spam the shit glasscanon button mash out of the boss or die...... one shot no matter if 9999999999999 hp u die.... so thats why all go glass canon def block eva etc is for decoration.....

thats about it....

short.... they removed over 300 quest..... they removed all gear to be enhancable beside start gear..... so no building options !!!!!! 

they removed gold from monsters....fine prem get few bronze coins yay..... dumb....

ssp is range class only meeles sux ass *cricket*ing unbalanced.....

10000000 bugs never got fixed since start of game

1000000 mistakes in translation EVEN WORSE THEN MY BABYENGLISH HERE WICH ALLREADY IS CANCER BAD..... yes i know

skill changes of classes or bugs of classes skill ... render them useless... draw stance bug...... BD BM....others aswelll

gaurdian tempest BD useless this version make them useless no body want to pt with u coz no groub utility 

approch skill bug make enemies reset .... warlock fm etc specialy experince this 

never get fixed.... sin cant escape from summmoner cat grap....

they is so much i could go ages..... this is lame and ridioculse..... if i could i would play other bns version but i had my hopes of for this one,,,, bad hopes... man

rip.... and now 6 months later...... they allready server merge...... guess why !!! x.x rip rip rip

i follow u guys soon.... hurts leave my cute BD..... only reason i still play is charackter creation and some battel elemnts rest in this version is:

BULL N SHID (BNS)

People come and go. It's natural in MMOs. People have different preferences but this game has really high complaining rate and quitters keep ranting on forums why they quit and try to make others to quit also which I find odd. So what if others play a game that you don't like?

1 minute ago, StellaNoxFleuret said:

Problem is, almost every single one who write here... luv this game... or we wouldnt bother to write our thoughts here and why we leave or ar eon the edge to do so... i thought that would be logical... we just leave this piece of mind for the devs and the rest of u... by playing this gamefor years and here since launch i asume i can allow myself on this topic to give me thoughts... thx alot mister , i luv bns.... but this version is BULL N SHIT done....

I know that but why the attitude "do not play this game, pls quit also"?

4 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

People come and go. It's natural in MMOs. People have different preferences but this game has really high complaining rate and quitters keep ranting on forums why they quit and try to make others to quit also which I find odd. So what if others play a game that you don't like?

Problem is, almost every single one who write here... luv this game... or we wouldnt bother to write our thoughts here and why we leave or ar eon the edge to do so... i thought that would be logical... we just leave this piece of mind for the devs and the rest of u... by playing this gamefor years and here since launch i asume i can allow myself on this topic to give me thoughts... thx alot mister , i luv bns.... but this version is BULL N SHIT done....

@Lunakitty I'm pretty sure everyone knows that but it doesn't hurt if others want to voice their opinions about an MMO or two weather it be positive, negative, or somewhere in between. It's just a common thing with anything. Even though I've said something here, doesn't mean I hate this game. I absolutely love it, I just don't like a few small things that have happen in the months I have played.

8 minutes ago, StellaNoxFleuret said:

That was not pointed towards you. If you felt like it then I assume you did have that kind of thought at the back of your head.

8 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

That was not pointed towards you. If you felt like it then I assume you did have that kind of thought at the back of your head.

The problem is. Your sentiment was pointed at against pretty much every one here. StellaNoxFleuret's thoughts on the matter echo the majority if not all of the people posting here. It might be hard for you to accept that most of the people that complain really like the game. They just hate how it's been handled.

6 minutes ago, Shintuan said:

The problem is. Your sentiment was pointed at against pretty much every one here. StellaNoxFleuret's thoughts on the matter echo the majority if not all of the people posting here. It might be hard for you to accept that most of the people that complain really like the game. They just hate how it's been handled.

Everyone is thinking I am going against at people who tell why they quit. I accept that people do quit and want to share their experience but I dislike alot people who tell others to quit also because of their bad experience. Just stating my opinion like everyone else.

1 minute ago, Shintuan said:

You make it sound like there are a lot of people who are egging others to quit. When this is not true. Perhaps you're reading things that aren't there when people post negative comments about something you like.

Possibly I'm venting my thoughts maybe in wrong forum post but still I find it really interesting how many people feel like I am offending them with simply asking one question without insulting anyone. *chuckles*

1 minute ago, Lunakitty said:

Everyone is thinking I am going against at people who tell why they quit. I accept that people do quit and want to share their experience but I dislike alot people who tell others to quit also because of their bad experience. Just stating my opinion like everyone else.

You make it sound like there are a lot of people who are egging others to quit. When this is not true. Perhaps you're reading things that aren't there when people post negative comments about something you like.

2 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

My Warlock's thrall is not specced for taunt and he still gets agro. And I always assumed that the cat's off-taunt is to drop agro off the Summoner, not to grab it on a Summoner.

On a tanked blackwyrm (but people don't even do it anymore) would be easy to see how it works (for thrall and Cat), you aren't losing aggro using taunt, it just put your thrall or cat on top of the list (obviously if you have the aggro you will breath a little so perhaps that's why gives you this impression) , if the boss is being tanked  is easy to see after the taunt ends the aggro goes back to the tank . And if your thrall is not specced for taunt and getting aggro in the middle of the fight (not  at the start)  i don't have  idea what is happening , it's not likely your thrall is outdpsing everyone. 

48 minutes ago, okitaluc said:

On a tanked blackwyrm (but people don't even do it anymore) would be easy to see how it works (for thrall and Cat), you aren't losing aggro using taunt, it just put your thrall or cat on top of the list (obviously if you have the aggro you will breath a little so perhaps that's why gives you this impression) , if the boss is being tanked  is easy to see after the taunt ends the aggro goes back to the tank . And if your thrall is not specced for taunt and getting aggro in the middle of the fight (not  at the start)  i don't have  idea what is happening , it's not likely your thrall is outdpsing everyone. 

Nope, not the thrall, the warlock.

7 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

Something about threat

BMs and KFMs generate threat through their defensive block. Destroyers also get a taunt, but that's negligible. BMs have cyclone and five point strike, while KFMs have counter, guiding fist, and tremor. 

Both BM and KFM's threat increase skills make their threat 250%. This means the boss will treat their damage as 2.5x in terms of aggro. Whoever in the party has the highest perceived threat will be tanking.

For example:

FM does 50k damage. Perceived threat = 50k.

BM does 25k damage at 250% threat. Perceived threat = 62.5k.

BM will tank.

On topic: Many people have posted sentiments that I can agree with. One thing that may remain forever unsolved is Europe's ping problem. I've yet to hear NCSoft address this problem head on.

Archived