Why you quit?

Rogu

8 minutes ago, Truthonly said:

I will quit! Reasons:

1-NCSoft itself, no explanations needed here, read other threads you´ll get it.

2-Forums Mods/fanboys, no help silence instead of explanation, sanctions, its my ISP fault, i know. Kill me.

2.1-Community. Never seen a most toxic, bad whishing discusting people around in any other game. 

3-False events "For free", oh not really.

4-Bots, Goldsellers, Spammers, Trolls, Leechers.

5-As a melee player, SSP is a no go area for me.

6-Competition is healthy and good, but this is definitely p2w

7-I found a new better game.

add to your list this too

21 minutes ago, WarWarWar said:

i will tell u why its p2w.

i will ignore all the daily facts about p2w in game like gems/gears/rng stuff etc since they are so many and was mentioned by many ppl and ill just  go straight down to ncsoft support u pay cash and you're entitled for having "special treatment" from ncsoft support cuz u pay.

moving gems moving gears accessory's as u please just cuz u pay them, that special treatment right there is a punch in the face for free players, many ppl got special treatment like this and many will do...

you just ask them nicely and wallah you can reroll to a Soul fighter just like that by swapping gears from your main this is just disgusting.

ncsoft been doing this under your noses long time ago..

ppl did reroll as a WL and now SF and moving stuff all around just cuz ppl pay them

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the transferring gems part is at least true. i ran into a hm4 SF with 533 ap due to his 6 hongmoon gems, 2 of which were the upgrade variety (3 hongmoon gems + mats to make)

he was rocking true oathbringer on everything else i believe. he just said he did not want to play his main anymore and felt like doing the whole grind again would drive him to play something else. 

them NCsoft staffers dont wanna lose those paying customers!. 

dont bother if your not dropping mad dough though, there are already tons of threads saying NCSoft gives zero shizz unless you have dropped a few hundys in their coffers    

I've just read that the new patch has more HM skills. That's on top of the new and harder dungeons.  I think the time has come. It's obvious I will not be able to catch up no matter how long I play. I mean, I understand the gear, but why the skills are nearly impossible to get?

I just can't do it. I feel too overwhelmed by the game. I am done.

22 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I've just read that the new patch has more HM skills. That's on top of the new and harder dungeons.  I think the time has come. It's obvious I will not be able to catch up no matter how long I play. I mean, I understand the gear, but why the skills are nearly impossible to get?

I just can't do it. I feel too overwhelmed by the game. I am done.

I don't think the HM skills are requirements to finish any content. Some of them are really easy to get while others are a bit harder but still it is more than possible. But indeed if you feel overwhelmed then the game might not be your cup of tea anymore.

1. Support is very very very awful
2. Forum mods are very salty (they banned me for 1 day for being sarcastic against them)
3. Bad optimization because reasons

4. Not a single word of the devs at the forums or game (Look at DN EU in the past or the current PoE with their magnificents devs)
5. Fanboys defending like whiteknights instead of accepting any constructive critic against their game.
6. I repeat: Support& Forum mods are cancer.

1. Repetitive content.

2. Too easy. 

3. Not rewarding.

4. No class roles (Tank - Healer... they just don't exist...)

5. Bad optimization.

6. Toxic community.

It really saddens me though, because I really wanted to love this game.

4 minutes ago, Meredi said:

1. Repetitive content. 

2. Too easy. 

3. Not rewarding.

4. No class roles (Tank - Healer... they just don't exist...)

5. Bad optimization.

6. Toxic community.

It really saddens me though, because I really wanted to love this game.

I was on a long hiatus ( around 3 weeks after Vengeance Break patch) and almost quit because of some of these reasons, though I disagree on 1, 2 and 4. 

3 minutes ago, Na Ahri said:

I was on a long hiatus ( around 3 weeks after Vengeance Break patch) and almost quit because of some of these reasons, though I disagree on 1, 2 and 4. 

I have already been on 3 hiatuses or something.

To me it's repetitive due to just having dailies and you do the SAME thing every time. Kill some mobs, do a dungeon... fun.

The content isn't really challenging either to me, I have the feeling it lacks a lot of mechanics and such. But that's just me, I suppose.

And for the 4th point, there really aren't class roles. There are no primary tanks or healers in the game, and as someone who always plays main support it was a complete bummer that it didn't really exist at all in the realm of Blade & Soul (and a lot of other games too actually). 

The roles are pretty much the same, with some classes having support utility skills and such, but you don't really see primary tanks and healers because they're simply non-existent.

Anyway, that's just my point of view on it ^^...

Not having a sole healer or a tank is a "PLUS" in this game. Did you forget to pain of not being able to find any healer from other games? Tera changed its battleground system for to less need for a healer. Tho there are sf and summoner.

35 minutes ago, Kung Fung said:

Not having a sole healer or a tank is a "PLUS" in this game. Did you forget to pain of not being able to find any healer from other games? Tera changed its battleground system for to less need for a healer. Tho there are sf and summoner.

Well, as someone who mains support classes for me there wasn't any struggle, but I know what you mean. 

Besides, game is super fun for students or workers who spends most of their time at school/work and want to relax after coming home. I can say it just looking at my guildies. Yeah, those who have no life and sit at home all day while their mom brings their milk, the game is surely repetitive for you yeah (haha) and no new content eh? just lol. You and especially OP dont have the right to confuse those normal people. Yeah tera sucked because of gameforges sh*tty management. Ncsoft is the same like gf, hope they wont bring games end like gf did with doing it p2w... Always did pvp at mmorpgs because all of their pve content was boring as hell but bns changed it for me. Doing ssp, beastbog, bw is much fun with friends.

7 minutes ago, Kung Fung said:

Besides, game is super fun for students or workers who spends most of their time at school/work and want to relax after coming home. I can say it just looking at my guildies. Yeah, those who have no life and sit at home all day while their mom brings their milk, the game is surely repetitive for you yeah (haha) and no new content eh? just lol. You and especially OP dont have the right to confuse those normal people. Yeah tera sucked because of gameforges sh*tty management. Ncsoft is the same like gf, hope they wont bring games end like gf did with doing it p2w... Always did pvp at mmorpgs because all of their pve content was boring as hell but bns changed it for me. Doing ssp, beastbog, bw is much fun with friends.

I have no idea who you're referring too with "You and especially OP dont have the right to confuse those normal people."

In case it was towards me, no I'm not a no-life person that sits at home all day to play BnS. I'm a student and live a life outside of this MMO.

If the game works out for you, isn't repetitive or anything like that, great. For others it, however, can be... no matter if they no-life the content or not.

I played the game with friends, but even so it wasn't much fun anymore after some months. 

People can agree or disagree with it, I don't care. I'm only here to share what ruined it for me personally.

I never really quit BnS, i took a long hiatus, and the game feels so much better then it was.  Honestly it's a really great game; it just needs more features to flesh it's already amazing palate out.

*coughs*Fishing/Housing/Marriage-system/etc.*cough*

Here comes a really big Sneeze;  AaaaaaaaCcccchhooOverhaul Crafting systemooOOoo!

I might quit soon because I cannot get thruster from nexus4 even over 60runs....

burned out literally....

i looked at my stats over other purple dungeons it's comparable or even less amout of run but the drop is like 2-4 times.

1. The immense time the daily grind takes up for so little gain.

2. Recently in game lag bursts have increased. It doesn't happen constantly but it does enough and at important enough dodge times to annoy me.

3. After all this time they still don't have a decent in game report button for problems in dungeons and hackers in arena.

4. We're being provided some rather low quality service in general.

I've already started to lower my time in game. I don't really do faction any more. I don't keep up with my crafting. I've lowered the amount of dungeons I do to barely more than what's needed for the daily challenge.  I'm considering heavily in favor of taking a good break from the game itself when I'm done getting all 100 hongmoon trianing pouches.

Haven't decided to quit just yet but I am winding down even more of my time in BnS. I can tolerate alot of stuff with this game but 3 things are wearing on me. First one, the game isn't alt friendly. I level alot of alts in many MMOs but this one, it will hurt you if you level more than one if you are doing stuff as normal and I have about 14 of them spread across two accounts. Second, the insanely high AP requirements players put on dungeons that don't require it. This has been worse on 45 and the some of the early purple dungeons in silverfrost. Honestly, I hardly ever run dungeons anymore but when I do, I only run the stuff I need to get my next weapon/accessory needed for upgrades. 

Last thing, I've lost too many made in-game friends and clan associations. Honestly, I've made alot of friends in this game and on good terms with a few clans to have recurring people to run stuff with but sometime around March to now they have all gone inactive and having a hard time establishing new ones. Right now, as I may have said many times throughout the forums and in-game, the only thing that's keeping me here is the story. Soon as it gets caught up with the other versions of BnS, I'm pretty sure I'll be stepping out too.

23 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

I don't think the HM skills are requirements to finish any content. Some of them are really easy to get while others are a bit harder but still it is more than possible. But indeed if you feel overwhelmed then the game might not be your cup of tea anymore.

The only easy HM skill is 5K beans one.

The rest are just awful.

Achievement-wise, even my first character is not on 1250 (he is stuck in 1100's). My second one is not even on 800, and they are level 50, HM 7 and 4, so played the game for quite a while on each of them. Hence, I cannot buy anything from the Achievement vendors.

For LMB,  you need to get 500 AP to be able to do Daily challenge for days to buy the foods for the Heavenly Orbs. Then you need an HM pill, which means you need 2 months to grind it up in PvP every day, no breaks & make sure you get Triple Tag daily done not just the singles. And Triple Tag queue is slow. And, yes, I've asked my guild for crafting it, and I have contributed the mats, but my requests were met with silence, so I assume I will have to earn both HM pills myself. on both characters.

For another HM skill, well, on normal characters it is not that bad to buy it off the market (I've paid 60 for my summoner, so no biggie), but on a WL it costs 200 gold minimum. It takes 45 bravery points with subscription, 600 beans each, which is what I can make on just singles per day if I have time to do singles. So, it takes 45 days of PvP to get minimum.  So, it's 5 months of PvPing  and Daily challenge to get two skills..... Which means it's 4+ hours a day of playing (1hr SSP+ 1 hr crafting support for gold (Brightsone) + ~1 hr Arenas + 1+ hrs Daily Challenge).

Finally, the skill that needs three volumes, well, that's not worth even looking up what crazy stuff it needs because it calls for Nexus dungeon after the crazy stuff.

That's all the skills I am aware of. There may be more already. Seeing I have tentatively allocated half a year to get the ones already in-game without being able to get one of them, any new ones are out of the question.

As for needing the HM skills, well, I might be a noob, but I am not stupid.

I might not play much compared to the leet people, but I can see the world of difference in performance of the characters who do have their HM skills (ever since I got that Sunflower, I saw what's what). I do want to do better in the arenas and in the SSP. Sure, I am not a dungeon fan, but what I can play, I do enjoy, and, well, yes, I want to get a better experience.

But by the time I get there, with all the new stuff that is coming all those leet people will be packing so much oomph that all my 'achievements' will be made completely laughable. Just like my characters are pathetic now, they will continue to be pathetic after I've put countless hours, heart and dedication into them.

It is really sad that you cannot play a character to its potential for months after reaching level 50. It's sad that the gap between the players is so huge.

That's easy. 

1. Too much focus on RNG. It's everywhere in everything you do. Cash shop boxes, daily boxes, weapon boxes and so on. 

2. NCSoft absolutely gives no shits. No matter what it's about. Server issues, game issues, nothing. 

3. Bots/Spammer/Hackers. You know the drill. 

4. Absolute ridiculous upgrade requirements + the ever growing AP demand from the NA/EU community.

5. Speaking of community, ours is total garbage. 

6. The servers. They are absolutely atrocious. The worst servers I have ever seen that are supposedly stationed in Frankfurt. 80km away from me. And I have to play with 150ms+. That has to be a joke, really. Every other game that is in Frankfurt gives me 10-15ms. But not BnS. Also, dropped packets. Dropped packets everywhere. But, as you know, it's your ISPs fault. 

//Edit: As a main PvP player, I have to add that it's absolutely disgusting how you have to slog through around 2k-3k matches before you can afford ONE HM skill. You could obviously just go credit card power and buy them from the market, but where is the sense in that? 

2 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

- -

For me the 5000 bean one is the hardest as I HATE pvp to the core. I already have on my main character the one that needs pellet and also the skill that requires chapters from Necro and Yeti 4-man.

Achievements come as you do more dungeons and spam something really easy. Also you can easily get the equip 500 gems by using triangular gems and spamming it until you get that achievement. It gives nice amount and also knowing how much gold you get per daily it's easy to get the certain gem achievements done also. Salvaging and collecting soul shields is also really simple and fast way to get them but of course you need to spend some time getting them.

2 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

For another HM skill, well, on normal characters it is not that bad to buy it off the market (I've paid 60 for my summoner, so no biggie), but on a WL it costs 200 gold minimum. It takes 45 bravery points with subscription, 600 beans each, which is what I can make on just singles per day if I have time to do singles. So, it takes 45 days of PvP to get minimum.  So, it's 5 months of PvPing  and Daily challenge to get two skills..... Which means it's 4+ hours a day of playing (1hr SSP+ 1 hr crafting support for gold (Brightsone) + ~1 hr Arenas + 1+ hrs Daily Challenge).

Is this the one that can be gotten from Achievement Merchant / Bloodshade Harbor / Cold Storage? If yes then I would suggest spamming cold storage each day. You will get 2+ a day and getting 120 is no biggie in that case. I managed to get that skill on my alt in no time with just doing the place once a day. When you don't focus on literally farming the items you will soon enough notice that "omg I have enough this and that to get this skill YAY!". Happened to me when I focused on other things instead of getting skills.

I agree that Nexus can be hard if people don't know mechanics which randoms rarely do but it is pretty doable even with a lower AP. I don't know how much AP your character has or what kind of clan you have but I have been able to always finish my daily challenges even on alt ever since I had 460ish AP but many of my friends have 580+ AP.

I agree that there is difference between HM skill users and non-HM skill user but as I got to understand on your post it seems like you are playing summoner. I know it is not that easy to do pvp on that character as people say but trust me it is darn OP even without HM skills other than the achievement/BSH and pellet one. I cannot defeat one of my friends who had those two skills but he has really long experience in arena and owpvp.

But I guess the game is most fun for pve or pvp/pve preferring people but it is lacking for those who only like pvp. For me the game is awesome and easy to progress as I love only pve.

31 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

I agree that Nexus can be hard if people don't know mechanics which randoms rarely do but it is pretty doable even with a lower AP. I don't know how much AP your character has or what kind of clan you have but I have been able to always finish my daily challenges even on alt ever since I had 460ish AP but many of my friends have 580+ AP.

My Warlock is at 430-something AP. I can do very few Daily Challenges on him, and I have never tried Cold Storage, because in my experience, unless you join a room with 500 AP requirement it is a fail.  If I LFP, it is a nightmare. The Warlock's problem is the Dragoncall, and I do not see an easy way of getting it. I think it is only the Daily Challenge (for which I need to ramp up his AP) or PvP which is super-slow & not fun on a lock.

I have not been able to find a clan that does the stuff I am comfortable with. I want to run easy 6M, and avoid the hard dungeons. Clans want to run 4Ms or there is not enough coherence in ranks to get people organized for runs, because everyone is on his or her own schedule.

Is this the one that can be gotten from Achievement Merchant / Bloodshade Harbor / Cold Storage? If yes then I would suggest spamming cold storage each day. You will get 2+ a day and getting 120 is no biggie in that case.

If you get 2 a day, and you need 120, it is 60 days, or 2 months.

I agree that there is difference between HM skill users and non-HM skill user but as I got to understand on your post it seems like you are playing summoner. I know it is not that easy to do pvp on that character as people say but trust me it is darn OP even without HM skills other than the achievement/BSH and pellet one. I cannot defeat one of my friends who had those two skills but he has really long experience in arena and owpvp.

I need the pellet one on my Summoner. For which I need a pellet.  He has Sunflower and Rumblebees. I want the LMB one because focus management is annoying. What I cannot get is the HM pill, because Heavenly orbs do not buy it.

I am not a successful PvP player, content with silver tier. Yes, people wax poetic about how easy it is to PvP on a Summoner, but I meet plenty of melee that just seem to be able to jump him and destroy him while he is cc'd. The accumulation of the beans is very slow. Again, at most I can get 600 beans a day with the Daily grant, so it's basically one Bravery per day and that's if I have time to do arenas.

Again, the bare minimum right now I need to do per day is:

Warlock:

1. Mushin's tower (need Warrior tokens for upgrades to Siren) 20 min

2. Mistywoods (need soulstones to get 90 gold to upgrade his accessories): 10 min

3. Limited SSP for extra soulstones: 30 min maybe, depends on the cycles, can be skipped

Summoner:

1. Daily Challenge (1 hr - 1 hr 15 min) - gives mats right now, so can't be skipped

2. SSP & Mistywoods: need soulstones & moonstones to get gold for upgrades 1 hr 10 min (plus/minus depending on the cycles and the war)

3. Brightsone ruins for Moontears to get gold for upgrades 1 hr 20 min

4. relogging alts for crafting and mats reshuffling, picking quartz, etc (20 min)

So, it clocks up to 4 hours if not more per day before I can even step in the arenas.

6 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Indeed that is alot of work if you do all of this. I tend to get lazy with such a thing so I simply focus on what I want to do on that specific day instead of anything else though I have completely different situation as I got my bf to help me with getting the transformation stones. :') Less stressing when I don't do everything on that day and indeed you can do cold storage with that AP. I often get even random parties that always can finish the dungeon. I started doing cold storage since I got 402+ AP on each character so simply be brave and do it! :3

On 2/20/2016 at 3:00 AM, Bezerko said:

Let me preface this post by saying this.  I bought the master founder pack and played since the first closed beta.  Then I used the included NCoin to buy 8 months of premium. So for me, this game was more of a p2p game rather than the advertised f2p.

The last time I logged into the game and did anything beyond spinning one daily dash was over a week ago now.  Reactivated my WoW sub last weekend and been playing that since last weekend.  I still pop into these forums from time to time for BnS news though.

Reasons why I stopped playing?

1.  Bad crafting system.

2.  Nonexistent gathering system.

3.  Major bot problem that's so bad it even hits the forums. In the week that I've been back in wow, I've only seen one bot standing in front of the Stormwind auction house doing nothing at all. It wasn't even using the /say channel for anything.  Though I did see a person use a turkey gun on it once turning it into a turkey. 

4.  Borderline illegal outfit pouch transmute system.  Seriously, they need to fix the tooltips and add in a warning that this could fail costing more than just the gold.  This is costing a good deal of real money loss.

5.  Lack of subtlety regarding just how much of a cash grab this game is. (Inventory expansion, RNG boxes, etc.)

6.  The moonstone transformation stone "brick wall" which ties into points 1 & 2.  Either you join a guild, make an army of alts, or farm dailies till your eyes bleed for gold.  I'm the kind of person who likes to be able to make my own stuff with crafting. As well as being able to gather my own materials via a gathering profession.

7.  Then there is the poor optimization of the game dropping my fps to the mid teens when I was in the misty woods area.  I usually stay at 90 - 120 in most areas.  Since it's the cpu being overworked, hiding characters won't do much good since the cpu still needs to calculate other players and npcs in the area no matter what.

A good mmorpg will ensure that you always have a sensation of character progress regardless of your level. This game lacks that. I was going to focus on crafting once I hit 45.  But I saw just how messed up the crafting system in this game is so I decided to cut my losses with this game. Good luck to those that stick around. I'm sure as the fed up players leave, new players will join up since it is f2p.

1) I agree that crafting takes more than two side gathering factions is more than difficult, it requires either buying off a marketplace where players don't put much thought on the prices, or creating as many alts as I have and maxing them out.

2)I walk by quartz spawns all the time, and they are only there when there are no players on the server (10pm-1am)

3) There are bots in other Korean to globalized games, that's the only way China ect. can know potential money.

4)I agree that the fabric needs to be an item dropped by some boss in a chest or every wheel, but even that RNG would be a pain. Why not make Clan bosses for Clan material drops, or even make Clan crafting mean something by adding in a Clan gathering system? You could add in something like tailoring.

5)Well... in CBT we were able to spend copper to expand for free. I don't see why the devs can't talk with marketing to come up with how many silver or gold it would cost.

6)Moon Water Transformation and Soul Stones do need a drop location from a daily solo quest in order for a steady MP. (As in a PvE option not requiring PvP) 

7)I am usually fine fighting Poh, but one party in the 24 man area had me lagging like hell despite the fact that we were the only party there.

And finally, I don't see more than a few, if any players hanging around high level towns or even Bamboo village. Heck, the most I've seen is maybe a small clan with maxed out characters hanging out waiting for something.

2 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I LFP'd by mistake yesterday on my Summoner instead of waiting on a room. It got perma-frozen almost the whole length of the fight, time after time. We wiped on the first try, and barely managed the second one. There is some charge attack that needs to be KD's or some other BS like that as BnS just loves the one-shot-kill mechanics. I have never had an issue like that in a 500 AP groups, as someone always seem to disable him at the correct time or my DPS is low enough not to be frozen or I don't know what else.

Also, whenever I LFP right now by some reason I always get agro. And I don't like it at all, particularly on the Warlock. I don't know if tanks have a taunt at all in this game, but it seems thay cannot hold agro properly, because I get into basically full melee groups, and here is my puny Warlock holding the block the whole fight like an idiot.

There are no tanks in this game, unless you have a destroyer or Kung FU Master.

Archived