Forums

Why you quit?

Rogu

I can deal with anything but bots.

I can deal with NCs lack of comunication, I can deal with development issues like they dont have an acc wardrobe or all non boss loot are garbage and some times boss loot are also garbage, I can deal with scummoners, I can deal with gold/NCoins trade, I consider the RNG not even a problem, I can deal with doing some dungeon 30~50x to get something I need, I can even deal with those CONSTANT ANOYING DCS/CRASHES some say its gameguard some say its not.

What I cant deal with are afk bots in tag match, afk bots in dungeons, bots in 99% of the x1 matches, bots slowing low lvl players quest progress, bots farming and timing quartz ores, gold seelers messing with the economy of the game.

And maybe the reason for the comunity is so silent are spamming bots, sometimes we get tired of report spamming bots every 3 minutes we cant read faction chat.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I quit because I hit lvl 39 and saw the only ways of getting soulstones were 'pvp' and 'pvp'. As you can imagine, I don't pvp.

I don't know if this is the only zone/mat with forced pvp and I don't care. Completing your gear isn't something done in an afternoon and even then, I would be better off spending that afternoon doing things I actually like instead of torturing myself. This game had promise, but there are other games out there.

I mainly quit because of the event gems. I really HATE events like those...and this aquamarine gem seems really strong. Never got a single gem from blackwyrm. Got the AP Gem from the tickets. The game is decaying, the only way to farm effective moonstones are ssps grindtooth and well those players with 600 AP+ legendary are mostly the only ones who get an chest. Waiting to see what the server merges bring. I can get a chest with my 600 AP Summoner but it is boring as ...

Got an 7day Code for BDO and playing it now with my friends.

Writing from my mobile phone xP

2 minutes ago, Deku said:

Got an 7day Code for BDO and playing it now with my friends.

I wouldn't waste my time with BDO. Cause its 10x more grindy, rng based and P2W then BNS.

I am thinking to quit cause of the bad optimization of there servers. The ping is abnormal for EU servers, constant DC's and high ping. Not to mention the FPS drop ...

And server merging wont help solve the lag, it will make things worse. And also getting moonstones will be close to impossible for under 600 AP people ... And yea moonstone price will go up, just wait for it ... I am not crying my main is pretty close to 700 ... But meh, there should be more ways of getting moonstones and that isn't rng based.

Bg is dead anyways ... so dont go in that direction ...

On 18/3/2016 at 10:45 PM, Brand X said:

It sounds like MMOs are not meant for you.  Seriously.  You'd be bored if you had nothing to go after and cricket on about it when there is something to work towards :p

Well, some games have more things to do beside farming. In here you only have that, isnt some big weekly event or something. I compare always to Lineage 2 (also NCSoft) cause is the other MMO i played. And there when you reached end gear, beside helping your friends and guild mates, you have the weekend castle sieges that were super fun. It was like an event where the majority of the server participate. Also the big bosses that droped unique items and respawned within 1 or 1 week i cant recall xD so a lot of guilds fight about who got there first. Was super fun.

In here you have dungeons, dungeons, dungeons and SSP... Really isnt any event, arena tournament isnt that good and isnt massive.

9 minutes ago, Mastrof said:

Well, some games have more things to do beside farming. In here you only have that, isnt some big weekly event or something. I compare always to Lineage 2 (also NCSoft) cause is the other MMO i played. And there when you reached end gear, beside helping your friends and guild mates, you have the weekend castle sieges that were super fun. It was like an event where the majority of the server participate. Also the big bosses that droped unique items and respawned within 1 or 1 week i cant recall xD so a lot of guilds fight about who got there first. Was super fun.

In here you have dungeons, dungeons, dungeons and SSP... Really isnt any event, arena tournament isnt that good and isnt massive.

the you need to do everything everyday mentality of how this game is built does work against it. there are things like SSP that i never want to to but i have to, in other games you do have choices beyond selling other items you need in order to get items you would rather not do the content for.

the item system is pretty weak too. everyone uses the same items, there are no alternative builds when it comes to stats. i like the feeling of seeing a sexy rare loot drop and i win it. in this game is all garbage or items you see all the time but you need 5000 off them lol. 

yes there are costumes, but they are worthless inventory hogs unless your premium and you can go without bidding 10+ gold on a skin your only gonna wear for awhile until its just another thing filling your bank :/ 

15 minutes ago, Vau said:

the you need to do everything everyday mentality of how this game is built does work against it. there are things like SSP that i never want to to but i have to, in other games you do have choices beyond selling other items you need in order to get items you would rather not do the content for.

the item system is pretty weak too. everyone uses the same items, there are no alternative builds when it comes to stats. i like the feeling of seeing a sexy rare loot drop and i win it. in this game is all garbage or items you see all the time but you need 5000 off them lol. 

yes there are costumes, but they are worthless inventory hogs unless your premium and you can go without bidding 10+ gold on a skin your only gonna wear for awhile until its just another thing filling your bank :/ 

Well, i think NCSoft is sleeping cause Revelation Online is taking all the good things they had into a single game. They have the same movements, and similar action game as BnS and they added Castle sieges as L2/Tera.

The company have some great ideas and i think that BnS is the start for something better in the future, i think they should combine some of L2 and BnS ideas for something greater, for me L2 was the best game i played but its very old now. And the upcoming games of the company are all related of thinkd for mobile.

And i think also the same as u say about all. Even the farming that is the only thing the game has is boring, its all concentrated into some places, you cant farm mobs in open zones cause they dont give exp (only snakes in froscale lol) and dont give good items.

6 minutes ago, Mastrof said:

Well, i think NCSoft is sleeping cause Revelation Online is taking all the good things they had into a single game. They have the same movements, and similar action game as BnS and they added Castle sieges as L2/Tera.

The company have some great ideas and i think that BnS is the start for something better in the future, i think they should combine some of L2 and BnS ideas for something greater, for me L2 was the best game i played but its very old now. And the upcoming games of the company are all related of thinkd for mobile.

And i think also the same as u say about all. Even the farming that is the only thing the game has is boring, its all concentrated into some places, you cant farm mobs in open zones cause they dont give exp (only snakes in froscale lol) and dont give good items.

yah im also interested in revelation online, im not doing the raid the chinese server thing though. im checking out the riders of Icarus OB and even that game is pretty good, but its not an action mmo, it just kinda tries to be. i ended up using the classic control scheme because the other one feels kinda tacked on. 

i dont feel that riders is a reason to jump off the BnS ship. but it is interesting and runs much better too and features a loot system i like a lot more and a whole bunch of reasons to do solo world content which is another thing BnS lacks. 

im probably gonna just do dailies in BnS for awhile and see if it grows on me. 

I "quit" back in March because Dark Souls 3 happened.

Came back because I finally got my debit card and thus purchased those delicious premium items + membership.

Too bad I returned to an empty and dead game with an even deader server. What happened to the "2 million players WOOHOO!" back in February?

Oh well, at least the game delivers when it comes to T & A, if you catch my drift. *wink wink*

I've tried to quit because it was so alt-unfriendly, but I came back in two days because I love my alts, how the game makes you hop and the landscapes. Plus, they are releasing the story fast, which is cool.  I'll probably be pushed out of the game though in a few months, once the PvE content will all be too hard to play, because the mechanics are too stronk. And because it's still not even alt-unfriendly, but openly alt-hostile.

1 hour ago, DomiSotto said:

I've tried to quit because it was so alt-unfriendly, but I came back in two days because I love my alts, how the game makes you hop and the landscapes. Plus, they are releasing the story fast, which is cool.  I'll probably be pushed out of the game though in a few months, once the PvE content will all be too hard to play, because the mechanics are too stronk. And because it's still not even alt-unfriendly, but openly alt-hostile.

I just love hyung-tae kim's work on this game and the yes the landscape is sick! Played other games hyung-tae kim was involved in and loved it as well.

12 minutes ago, BlueBunnay said:

I just love hyung-tae kim's work on this game and the yes the landscape is sick! Played other games hyung-tae kim was involved in and loved it as well.

Yes, it's gorgeous. I use one of the background shots someone posted in the player-created art of the Awakened Necropolis on my work computer and people go: "Wow". The monster compendium is also very imaginative. I just wish they did not cop-out for player avatars and costume design to pander to the juvenile, low brow  and OOC, but well, Ctrl+F is there for me when I get TMI on Korean boys wet dreams.

The combat in this game resembles those clicker games on smartphones.

Spam LMB/RMB then press some random number keys, repeat that for 20min and you're done.

How this is classified as "pure action combat" is beyond me. 99% of endgame bosses just require you to stand there and click buttons. Because the devs are incapable of programming real challenge, they just spend 2 seconds and give the boss a truckload of HP and a ridiculous short enrage timer and call that "challenge". Yup to them, a DPS race is the ultimate form of "challenge", i.e., whoever clicks faster and has less ping. The only bosses in the game that offers any form of "action combat" gameplay is the clown in Nexus and Asura, and to SOME EXTENT (though 75% of the fight is still just standing there and hitting buttons) Yeti.

27 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I just wish they did not cop-out for player avatars and costume design to pander to the juvenile, low brow  and OOC, but well, Ctrl+F is there for me when I get TMI on Korean boys wet dreams.

The thing is Hyung-tae kim is more known for his erm...special attention to detail with regards to the female form. Google the PS2 game Magna Carta, It's actually what he does best. 

Idk why people get so mad with P2W events and that, this is a company, isnt a MMORPG ONG. They need to make money, they need to pay people all the months, they need to have profits, etc... 

Till one week ago i didnt had any AP gem, just the regular you can find on the market and i killed guys with all AP gems, legendary, full gear (now i have the green one from tickets and a blue one from pouch). I dont know why people think ohhh that guy bought a lot of gold!!! He will destroy meeeee, there are a lot of end gear users that are very bad playing. Beside, its a small % of people if you take the total of players.

25 minutes ago, Melodia said:

Spam LMB/RMB then press some random number keys, repeat that for 20min and you're done.

Oh, I am so not with you on this one. Coming from a game that required 8 buttons to just move your character (ASWD + Strafe + free-movement on double LMB/RMB press), over 6 targeting key-bound options, and over 30+ other keybound abilities pushing the keyboard's limits to the max and having spent 30 min a day running parses so I could dance around the endboss (with my 8 buttons) attempting a precisely timed rotation, popping stims and trying to keep DPS at at least 75% of the stationary dummy parse, or practicing the ability to move while independently picking the right bind or mousing over to click the op frame in time to heal the right guy, I adore BnS.

I also like that we now have a parse-vacation phase, though it's coming to an end with the inbound "Dude, do you even DPS?" after we all gonna see our numbers

I don't think I ever stood still spamming anything in this game. I find that the dungeons make me scramble like a mouse from the broom, and without the 'true' tanks, heals and aggro drops, combining all three roles on each toon by turns is challenging enough. Your DPS is too high? Ha-ha! You are a tank now & it is your own responsibility to keep that health bar full, cricket.

29 minutes ago, Melodia said:

How this is classified as "pure action combat" is beyond me. 99% of endgame bosses just require you to stand there and click buttons. Because the devs are incapable of programming real challenge, they just spend 2 seconds and give the boss a truckload of HP and a ridiculous short enrage timer and call that "challenge". Yup to them, a DPS race is the ultimate form of "challenge", i.e., whoever clicks faster and has less ping. The only bosses in the game that offers any form of "action combat" gameplay is the clown in Nexus and Asura, and to SOME EXTENT (though 75% of the fight is still just standing there and hitting buttons) Yeti.

That's because this game was heavily marketed for pvp and the combat mechanics reflect that. The sooner you imagine the combat for BnS to be akin to a fighting gama ala street fighter where priotize counters, invisiframes, and managing your moves, the sooner it makes sense as an action game. Of course this concept does not translate well into PvE hence it feels monotonous. A better action MMO in that regard is Dragon's Dogma and Monster Hunter Online, with PSO2 coming in second. 

17 minutes ago, qpoljanan said:

The thing is Hyung-tae kim is more known for his erm...special attention to detail with regards to the female form. Google the PS2 game Magna Carta, It's actually what he does best.

I don't mind the state of undress and the want to titillate a player, what I mind is when it is in a bad taste, jarring with the landscapes and setting. I can take Juwol tongue-in-cheek sort of thing, but the outright anachronisms and stuff like swimsuits bug me. I discarded the otherwise lovely Temptation outfit because of the headphones, and the Sports Illustrated BnS edition is just eww.

I am also not happy that gals show it all, while the boys hold on to their shirts for dear life, with Dark Sandstorm being like the only outfit I can think of that I like in that respect.

But that won't make me quit. :) I kind of live on the verge of it, and it's always the same: dungeons too difficult for me, altophobia, and PvE >>> PvP.

Haven't quit yet but getting close. The amount of time you spending grinding is boring . Doing SSP lags and is unbalance. Too many whales with 650+AP but doesn't know any mechanics and just wipe the group and then complain about other's AP when they know how how fight works, special treatmetns to those who spend a lot, Alt unfriendly.

The list can go. I use logon and have fun, now I just login do the daily and log off, if I even decide to do them.

I will quit! Reasons:

1-NCSoft itself, no explanations needed here, read other threads you´ll get it.

2-Forums Mods/fanboys, no help silence instead of explanation, sanctions, its my ISP fault, i know. Kill me.

2.1-Community. Never seen a most toxic, bad whishing discusting people around in any other game. 

3-False events "For free", oh not really.

4-Bots, Goldsellers, Spammers, Trolls, Leechers.

5-As a melee player, SSP is a no go area for me.

6-Competition is healthy and good, but this is definitely p2w

7-I found a new better game.

Archived