Why you quit?

Rogu

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't quit yet because I like the costumes and I like the combat system, but I'm afraid I will when I get to the level cap.

See the point is: This isn't a PvP game. No, don't even start, you're being hypocritical and you know it. This is not a PvP game. PvP content is broken, unbalanced and 100% optional.

Despite the game's attempts to shove it down your throat by forcing you to farm PvP resources to progress your character after a certain point, nobody likes a PvP system where the winner is rewarded for crushing people half their level in old zones and the ones who get curbstomped without a fighting chance get punished and lose everything. Actually, nobody likes risking, which should be a given in every PvP scenario: that's the great hypocrisy of PvP white knights and most PvP-based games, everyone will sing its praises but when push comes to shove, it turns out there's no actual open world PvP, just a not-silent-at-all agreement on which faction farms which channels, so the "warring" factions will duke it out against the respective NPCs without any actual player risking anything.

And of course it's like this: you need PvP resources to progress, so everyone needs to get them but nobody wants to even just risk losing them, so everyone goes out of their way to turn PvP into yet another form of PvE, which defeats the point of PvP entirely.

Besides, even if the classes were balanced (they aren't) and even if bug abuse was punished instead of officially endorsed and encouraged it would still be impossible for many to actually participate in fair PvP because of lag issues. This is a well-built action game with very interesting mechanics that leans very well for PvP, duels and arena matches; unfortunately, my ping is three-digits at the very best and I sometimes get lag spikes that make it much, much worse, whereas other people consistently have pings in the low two-digits. Add performance issues to that (the game occasionally freezes for even five seconds or so) and it's obvious that you need to have a high-end PC, a great connection and to be very close to the servers' physical locations to even qualify for participating to PvP, even if it was actually balanced and enjoyable.

I know they want to push the PvP angle at all costs, I've heard about the eSport thing and I frankly find it laughable with the game in its current state. I'm certain that if the devs were to do something very stupid, like forcing all open-world PvP and its related quests on one channel, thus stopping "safe" rep/prestige farming, most people would just revert to PvE grinding and quickly become frustrated as not only progressing your character becomes increasingly difficult or even impossible, but there's no PvE content either.

Yes, where's the end game PvE content? Mushin's tower? That's solo, am I playing a MMO for its solo content only? Sorry but I have offline, single-player games in my library that are much better optimized and much less frustrating. No, I play MMOs exactly because there's other people to play with. Even here the game falls flat as all of the group content is just a rush until the end where you hope the correct reward drops from the end boss and then hope that the twenty-eight other times it did drop the other players bid enough money for you to outbid the current participants. Seriously, the bid system serves no purpose but to force you to grind the same content even longer than you normally would need to, and the RNG already does its best to make the worthwhile rewards rare.

tl;dr The game lacks content, PvP has too high requirements in terms of bandwidth and PC specs instead of skills, and even then it's currently 100% skippable thanks to player agreements.

Well i dont agree with you that there are op (maybesins) but i do think its really unfair how easy summoner for example compare to KFM or BM, Bot can actually play summoner. they need atleast give us a target lock or something.  , why they arent op well u can see BM even in diamond its way more rearly but still

exept that this game will die. to many small bugs that they will ignore .,

I am still at the point of not knowing if I stay...
Grind I do not mind but, the grind after lvl 45... um that is big ass wall.

My main point that keeps me undecided are the performance issues Lag, skill stops...

PVP unbalance.. again my idea behind that is yeah there is but with skills you can win a lot more.

Sure some classes are um cookie cutters atm but you can out smart them with skill, and get more wins.

Anyway I guess I stay till lvl 50 is released and there are more ways to upgrade without going all out PVP till your eyes bleed.

There should be a balance to how you get stuff, and not being forced to go 1000% PVP.

16 hours ago, Rogu said:

Why you quit?

Ever heard of the phrase "Rome wasn't build in one day."? 

I haven't quit because I am welling to give the dev a chance to improve their product.

1. Spammer: still around, but they are fighting that front. FF 14 ARR has been fighting it for over 2+ years, and they still ban over 6K accounts every week.

2. Bots: Same as 1.

3. Market issues: it is a new game with non-existing market, what do you expect?

4. Crafting: Sorry, I like it as is. Last thing I look forward to is something like FF14 ARR, where you spend hours to craft a sub-par item that people won't even want because the BiS is obtainable via dungeon loot. At least in this game, only crafters can produce certain items and no where else.

But hey, you do what your wish, it is your play time. GL on finding that flawless game.

7 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

Ever heard of the phrase "Rome wasn't build in one day."? 

I haven't quit because I am welling to give the dev a chance to improve their product.

1. Spammer: still around, but they are fighting that front. FF 14 ARR has been fighting it for over 2+ years, and they still ban over 6K accounts every week.

2. Bots: Same as 1.

3. Market issues: it is a new game with non-existing market, what do you expect?

4. Crafting: Sorry, I like it as is. Last thing I look forward to is something like FF14 ARR, where you spend hours to craft a sub-par item that people won't even want because the BiS is obtainable via dungeon loot. At least in this game, only crafters can produce certain items and no where else.

But hey, you do what your wish, it is your play time. GL on finding that flawless game.

Odhc7AH.jpg

Why am I quitting? 

Right now im just waint for black desert online because this game so broken and either the devs dont care of cant do anything about. Broken as in summoners are super overpowered, and the ignorance of the players of summoners amazes me the most. Regardless whether hundreds to thousands complain about the class, the defenders will still claim that summoners are balance. And then theres the semi-infinite resistance of destroyers and blade dancers which is utter blueshift. Should I mention the infinite ways assassins can go invis? And the system is basically calling "cant beat them, join them" is stupid. Might aswell call the game Summoners and Cats.

One factor of the game which are the characters are turning away the players really really quick. I just made a new character recently (a summoner actually lol), and while going through jadestone village channel 1, I just noticed something. THE PLACE IS EMPTY. Some of you probly cant grasp the reason or this statement, well lemme elaborate. Jadestone Village is the first big part of the game, also somewhat a vision of how elegant the game could be, and the place being empty symolizes the fact that the game is dying, or ill put it more simple words. Jadestone village empty = No newbies coming in = less revenue. OH, and I changed channels, from 1-2 -3. And the most ive seen are 10 people.

You got the hardcore players on higher level, but that doesnt change the fact that the game is not attracting any more new people into the game (or less new people).

1 hour ago, Dreamer0526 said:

I just made a new character recently (a summoner actually lol), and while going through jadestone village channel 1, I just noticed something. THE PLACE IS EMPTY.

And how long do you expect an new player to stay at Jadestone, when you can out level the area under an hour?

22 hours ago, Astride said:

It pains me to tell you that Black Desert Online is mostly pvp.

I didn't fully understand this until I got into CBT2 for BDO, but yes, I realize this now. Honestly I'm not against group pvp or a little friendly sparring. getting pked while grinding mobs definitely doesn't sound fun, but I suppose in a way it breaks the monotony of grinding mobs. Regardless, after playing BDO I can say I'll be sticking to it at least until I've hit a point such as with BnS. 

The issue I have with pvp in BnS is that content is locked behind it: soulstones. (again, faction dailies may be pseudo-pve, but I have to flag myself, and therefore risk pvp) I never liked 1v1 arenas. I prefer group pvp by a long shot (I did plenty of CS/Fraywind and gvg zerging in Tera). BDO does not lock my blackstone income behind pvp

I thought I'd never return to Tera but honestly, BnS just isn't my kind of game after 45, and BDO satisfies an entirely different itch than Tera or BnS so that really isn't even relevant. Will probably just wait for Ninja and start from scratch.

haven't quit because I am welling to give the dev a chance to improve their product.

That's fine and dandy, and a respectable choice. However, I can be just as willing to let NCWest imrpove the game while also not endorsing the current state by not playing. If level 50 comes around and I can get soulstones without ANY form of pvp or faction dailies, then I will absolutely return.

I'm considering quitting myself. I used to play FFXIV and I gotta say, that game is leaps and bounds above this game in terms of quality. I realize it is a sub only game but it's so hard to justify investing time and money in a game that to me always leaves a feeling of uncertainty and/or lack of confidence. Not lack of confidence in the games future as I feel it will be prosperous but more lack of confidence in my ability to put up with certain elements that currently exist within the game. I've already bought outfits from the cash shop and silently regret doing so. I really want to adore the game, I do trust me. But my experience tells me if you're on the fence about making a commitment to invest time in something; your generally unsure; thats a red flag. I'm just seeing all this QOL shit that wasnt implimented which other mmos come stock with and it's like "uhh, this is 2016, not 1996."

I didn't quit yet. I'm just taking a "break" to play black desert while this game irons out it's ever growing list of issues. After trying the beta, I feel pretty confident in my ability to enjoy BDO's grind over BnS' daily grind and that means the world if both games are marred with their own technical issues (lag, shop issues, bugs, etc). Even looking past the grind, BDO has more entertaining menial tasks (fishing, horse breeding, etc.) which I enjoy on top of a gigantic non-linear world to explore. Problem is, while it's open world PvP sounds more in line with my kind thinking, I can probably never expect arena balance like the balance BnS will eventually have (?).

With the way BDO dropped it's character creator near/on the launch of BnS and BnS releasing it's next content patch before BDO launches, it's no secret that these two are going at each other's throats. I just hope one of them tries to gain some good will out of their consumers in the process so I can stick with that game.

For starters, BDO giving me a gigantic, completely separate tab from my normal inventory to store all the garbage I bought SUPPORTING them is a massive one up over BnS and this statement hurts me so bad.

It's mmo and you are not supposed to have top noch tier gear in the second day of you being 45.

I Used not more then 30k coins mostly for myself only and some to friends(didn't make fortune of golds).Crafted my own stones with friend(we split mats/stones)and slowly I get up to true pirate,awaken siren acc and fully enchanted(With crafted)soul shied.Since 15th of Jan.

Would I quit? Nope.

Game will offer more if you let them actually patch it.If you think moonwater is a wall then I can't even imagine what you would think of silverfrost without gear(if they went straight to 50 release).

I don't do all my daillies - the two 24,bsh 4,arena and misty(skipping beach) and mushin tower(tower is like 15ish min 1-7)

I haven't quit yet but here is my list:

Why I am staying:

* I love the sexy kinky slutty (whatever) costumes

* hoping for a change

What is motivating me to leave

* Bots / spammers. Get some cricket GM to play this *cricket* game and ban these aholes. We seem then every day, every hour, every damn minute.

* lag. 200-300 ping are you f$&@ kidding me???

* lack of battlegrounds. I'm not into arena much.

* RNG boxes

* difficulty of obtaining certain costumes. I understand farming but if the shit doesn't drop in 100 runs, give us a way to buy it using failed run tokens or something.

What's funny is that you can easily make 8g per day and 30 soulstones doing E.fleet,nightshade,arena dailies and mushin. I don't see the problem with the difficulty in upgrading and besides you cant just get the best gear in one shot..like c'mon.

Like the guy posted above I don't even bother with the regular dailies..

Chat spammers, market limitations. limited market items sold, inability  to trade hard earned raid drops, THE FFFKING BOTS everywhere, the out of no where lag spikes, BDO which I already bought a package and don't feel like wasting anyone's time by being in game. I was playing this game for the mean time as a pastime but the game fail at that too. At least for me, I'm pretty sure many will disagree with me and I respect that. You guys keep enjoying.

I've pretty much stopped playing because of RNG.

Every time I log into BnS, it feels like I'm playing a shady casual F2P mobile game that is constantly pulling every classic, obvious, hail Mary monetization tactic to try and make me keep playing longer without actually trying to make my experience enjoyable. It's annoying, frustrating, and it makes me feel stupid.

It's such a shame, because I really enjoyed the combat in this game.

On 21/02/2016 at 7:10 AM, chinmi said:

wow, all those "i quit, and i must share why i quit on the forum, so everyone know that i quit, and try to prevent me to quit, and the dev see that i quit, and they will listen to me cause i quit, and they will make the game like i wanted to cause i will quit the game if they dont, and others people will also quit, cause the reason i quit is also experienced by other people in the game, and i must make them quit too, cause i'm important and they will follow me to quit the game"

lmao

I don't understand why people who like the game and are not planning on leaving it, feel the need to answer this topic by trolling. What's the point? 
Some are highlightining some interesting point to make us stay but why do people need see us as slackers? I didn't apply for a job, I applied for a game and I'm not asking to have everything right now. I'm just asking to make it accessible.

WoW didn't equip you in an istant after level cap, or at least the WoW I knew since I left after WotLK. You needed to do normal dungeons first, get some nice blues to start heroics, after heroics were the easier raids and later on hardcore raid. I don't see this as "slacking off". I stood up entire nights for a chance the piece of tier I wanted dropped, sometimes it didn't, sometimes it did. We all shared the gold from mobs so we all came out of those raids with something so just stop with this lie you keep telling. We also created a true bond between us. 

Another reason I might leave anytime soon, I reinstalled DA:I, is the hogmoon technique for which I have to farm zen beans. 

19 minutes ago, NinjaZombie said:

i agree, go play another game, so the real players can enjoy it without this attension seeking post like every other post is about

Oh look, another kid who didn't get enough attention from his mother when he was a child. Or maybe you still are and your mother isn't still looking after you.

Lag isn't caused only by players, servers are having some real problem. It could also be that you are running the game on a shitty computer but I don't think you would realize it by the kind of posts you make. 

Not to keep repeating the same example but since Blizzard is more successful than Blade and Soul.. Blizzard reads feedback. They give you the chance when you are cancelling the subscription to say why. Has your little brain ever thought why? I don't think so, maybe because your mother is still breast-feeding you but once you'll grow up and find a job, we'll probably talk. 

Encouraging people to leave is also a stupid behavior. You do realize that your game is still running because of people like us? It's the casual gamers that keep your f2p afloat, the fanboys are just a few in comparison and NCSoft can't make enough money out of you. So, just give up. Look at Wildstar. They had a solid fanboy base, but they weren't making enough money so what did they do? They went F2P. What do you think NCSoft is going to make with an already F2P game once it doesn't generete enough money? Do you think they will keep it open just for you? Oh please, give me your adress, cause I need to come and laugh at you once they will close this game. 

Just waiting for another stupid reply, like this forum wasn't already full of'em.

Just *cricket*ing quit. you don't need to come in here crying about this or that. If you don't like it, quit. If you want to see changes, send them a letter through support. How many times do we see different posts about people quitting. Nobody cares why. And for the record, I haven't read any of these posts or responses, because I don't care. I doubt most of you crying about it have even paid for a month of Premium. If you're not supporting it, then you have no say. I'm on my 2nd month of Premium and so is my wife. So I've already paid 2 months of 2 people playing Premium. If you're just coming in here playing for free, then go make your own game and let people play for free.

Oh... before I forget... can I have your stuff?

Archived