Why you quit?

Rogu

Well, I've seen many complains about this game and I agree with most of them. Also want to know the reason(s) of those who quit the game or are thinking about it.

I'll give the first one, let me introduce:

Hello, my ign is Rogu and I've played on Master Hong. I was expecting for this game since the announced the project in KR (like maybe 10 yeas ago?) and so on now it released I feel sad for it. I have played since the official release here(19th January) and I enjoyed alot the game until last 2 weeks when I realized it's not worth my time at all. Well, these are the reasons I quit:

-Reach maximum level is easy;

- Once you reach cap lvl the game feels dull, meaningless, you raise your gear to get better for PvE content and also for Open World PvP to try to get advantages(i.e. HM skills) in Arena PvP where your gear doesn't matter at all. That didn't bother me for the first look, I've played games with that system(e.g. Lunia) but when you feel the endgame and PvE game content doens't feel rewarding at all, I guess there's A problem. Nothing in PvE is challenging: you get a few dungeons to make(not difficult ones) and TONS of dailies that takes maybe 4-5h to make all of them, not also by their difficulties, but is about quantities and respawn time rates. However, I could afford that if Arena works (this is a PvP game right?), and I've what got in this whole month in Arena(not mentioning the balance, I'll list this right away) is a unstable server located in the middle of nowhere, where nobody knows or live closer to, I guess it's in Narnia just like an old wardrobe but I have my doubts. Every time I've played on peak hours I had constant crashes and matches that doesn't start by not mentioning THE lag spikes(you may think it's my problem, but it's not, there are HUNDREDS of complains about it), and also, but not forgetful, the LAG in arena, seems that most of people have a higher ping there including me, an almost plat BD.

-The balance seems sometimes ridiculous, I know they are working it and in KR is pretty balanced for what some people say, but seriously, I don't wanna play a game that has its potential to Esport thrown away, I don't wanna wait 6 months till we get near KR's patch and suffer this whole time with some ridiculous imbalances, I wouldn't care if this game hadn't some broken mechanics, this is the ONLY GAME that I've seem:

1- An assassin being capable of invisible or cloak(whatever) an entire match;

2- Ani cancels mechanics that can reap you from 100-0 in 3 seconds(that's real, it won't be fixed despite actually being a BUG);

3- Skills ranges that can across the entire Arena in some classes AND are unavoideable(e.g. Sin);

4- Classes hegemony over anothers in arena, 80% of all matches(I've played about 400) you play against less than a half of available classes by their stupid mechanics(Sins, Destroyers and Summoners), making the game really repetitive and exhaustive due to the effort to kill them and lack of variety;

5- OPness is very subjective so I won't discuss deeply here but FM after 2/10th seems very strong.

- Almost non-existant Open World PvP, despite some other server having overwhelming faction power over others, it didn't happen on Master Hong even crimsons being outnumbered, I could say Ceruleans kinda rule there.

I thought the game would be better after 2/10th, however just openend my eyes to the endless repetitive gameplay circle that this game enters in, it won't get better, it will keep sucking your time just with some new dull dailies(also easy ones) and annoy you with the same issues just as Arena's overpowered classes, lags and crashes, NCSOFT haven't pronounced about these last ones so don't expect to be fixed anytime soon.

In such a capable game to enter in a really big competitive scene this is such a lame.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't say I've quit for good... but I've definitely quit for now, and the reason is that the game felt like a repeat of Tera when the new content was released.

Basically, for two years I spammed dailies in Tera and farmed the HELL out of the end-game dungeons for my equipment. I had plenty of gold, costumes, was well-geared (not BiS, but second-best). Finally, last October, after a slew of both game and personal related reasons, I quit playing, because the content was meaningless and all my friends had quit. the game was stale. I will admite, however, that I recently re-installed Tera because I saw the Ninja class and got kinda hype.

Now, come to Blade and Soul, and through the levelling process the game was an EXTREME breath of fresh air. Combat felt better, enemies weren't constantly rehashed, the story wasn't NEARLY as terrible (still bad tho). I enjoyed it very much, and made a goal each day out of hitting a milestone, or getting a certain soul shield completed, etc. $Even after hitting 45, doing BSC and E Fleet was still fun, even if getting to Profane was a bit of a struggle... didn't even bother with Siren.

Then came Rising Waters... and that's where I lost all interest. Moonwater stones being restricted to a shoddy crafting system is just blatant disregard for the NUMEROUS OTHER, FAR MORE FLESHED-OUT mechanics and content the game has to offer. And being forced to, otherwise, purchase them off of another players seems just a little ridiculous to me. Then, after discovering the sheer, mind boggling number of materials and gold I would need just to get to Siren, and THEN to Pirate? That would have been fine and dandy if I could have gotten soulstones and Moonwater stones through pure pve, rather than forced pvp or pseudo-pve faction dailies that require you to flag yourself. The struggle is not the mats required, the struggle is the means with which I get them

And so, due to a mixture of being overwhelmed and being reminded of why Tera was so bad, I quit indefinitely. if Black Desert is a disappointment, then I will return and grow a pair. otherwise, it collects digital dust on my desktop.

"it collects digital dust on my desktop." 

That's really good. Can I use that?

I'm not quitting anytime soon but a friend of mine is thinking about it because of the PvP. Says it's unbalanced? IDK. No opinion on the subject. Haven't PvPed 'cause I am still trying to reach max level. 

On the edge of quitting or at least slowing down heavily.

There are many factors but one of the main factor is because the game wants to shove OW PVP down my throat by making the most used upgrading mat an almost faction daily exclusive.At least now you can get some from the Arena but i still feel if you dont do those faction daily your are heavily punished because it is the fastest way to get those damn soulstone(also one of the fastest way to make gold).Who the hell tought it was a good idea to make a massively used PVE upgrade mat a faction daily exclusive anyway. If i want to pvp i do it in the arena.

Actualy ill take that time to ask more experienced players a question. When the lvl 50 patch hits,will the new mats needed for upgrades still be faction or pvp oriented?

Sorry for the wierd english :P

53 minutes ago, KindleFire said:

And so, due to a mixture of being overwhelmed and being reminded of why Tera was so bad, I quit indefinitely. if Black Desert is a disappointment, then I will return and grow a pair. otherwise, it collects digital dust on my desktop.

It pains me to tell you that Black Desert Online is mostly pvp.

http://blackdesert.info/guides/pvp 
That is the main reason I'm not joining the hype train towards it and crafting seems a bit extreme to me, and by extreme I mean that it's like having a Tamagotchi, if you are too young to know what this means.. well, the people you'll hire to run your business may die if you don't log in to feed them. At least this is what I've heard on youtube reviews.
I liked the idea but perma-pvp-flag? No, thanks. People being able to assault your caravans? That's not for me.

Going back to the main topic.. I'm not leaving yet, but I may anytime soon. 

1) The community doesn't exist. I don't know if it's because of the fast action paced game or because of the competition of the bid system which seems to lead people towards a "mors tua vita mea" way of thinking. And spammers obviously.
2) Bid System. It leads me to the "mors tua vita mea" way of thinking and I hate it. 
3) Forum community. " If you don't like the bid system join a clan/gtfo etc.." type of comments. People aren't any helpful. I'm a casual player, I'm playing simply because I like the combat system and I would like to be able to enjoy this game without being forced to join a clan and their schedule.
4) The lag. I'm european and I can't stand the idea of going down to 15 fps and then freeze during aoe pulls in Skittering Tunnels or crash during Mushin's Tower. Really, this game is seriously aimig to Esports? This must be a joke. Tera wasn't optimized but I never lagged on it. The problem isn't only with pve or pvp, it happened to me to keep refreshing the auction house, double tap to buy the new item on sale and the auction was already over?!
5) Okay, I'm buying the moonwater transformation stone from the AH and it's kind of okay, they are expensive but I can manage it, though why should I be forced to PvP to get SoulStones? Yeah, I can go to low populated channels. Yeah, I can go with a faction's party but what if I don't want to engage in the PvP content at all? Or why should PvP oriented players farm mobs for it? Couldn't there be two ways of getting them? Maybe killing a certain amount of players/winning arena matches or getting them through the blue daily dungeons? 
6) Crafting is boring. Gathering is.. If it's a region with just two channels don't even bother. 
7) Subscribers benefits aren't that appealing, especially the wardrobe thing. What happens to the costumes in it if I don't have enough space to store them once I'm not paying anymore?
8) RNG boxes in the shop? Pfff.. One use weapon skin? Fabric only from shop's costumes? 
9) The staff isn't that responsive and I was really pissed off when they launched on NA times. At least Wildstar took Europe into consideration.
10) Maintenance times. Somebody already talk about it but in Europe they shut down the servers during the afternoon. 

I don't know where's the problem in recognizing Europe's playerbase. Even Blizzard made a Blizzcon in Europe! 

Honestly, I'm still playing because I like the combat system but I may stop whenever one of those 10 factors goes too far or once I'll find a more interesting game. 

I haven't quit, although I only intend to log on when my girl is playing and help her level. Having seen the prices of endgame stuff vs how little coin is rewarded by various dailies I figure that my time is better spent doing something more enjoyable than slogging through 100+ mobs with shedloads of HP and massive damage output every day. It feels like I have hit a wall so big that a thermonuclear bomb won't make a dent in it. I suck at PvP and in the open world I am splattered within seconds by those who have the will and time to grind the hundreds of gold needed for gems, professions and upgrades. My ping is less than stellar so even though my computer can easily handle the graphics maxxed out and get 120 fps when in quest zones timing counters and avoiding AoE circles becomes very much a matter of luck over judgement. Also the sheer volume of gold spam is enough to make me want to throw a brick at my screen. I block and block and block but it's never silent and holding a conversation is nigh on impossible. Then again I can certainly see why there's a lively market for third party gold sales. I do not mind grinding, but when everything feels so impossibly out of reach I would rather go and play something that I know is fun and won't have me wanting to shoot myself after a few hours. This has the makings of what could be my favourite MMO, the storyline is surprisingly good and the combat style is amazing but the forced PvP and the extreme amounts of money required to be halfway competitive in world PvP and group PvE  are just too much for an old noob like me.

Didnt quit yet but i might. Even thou upgrading weapons is expensive but it will just become even worse in next update. Legendary weapons are coming and the one that drops cost 10k+ gold to reach max lvl. It is best weapon in game but considering the drop rate of it and bid system it will only be for extra rich players.

Think on KR they sell for 5-6k gold or so. Bid system should change simple roll for.items is the best. 

Im getting pretty close to quitting.

The games progress felt great leveling up, weapon upgrade costs matched income up until the moonwater stones.

Then you hit 45 and the siren tier and the costs become.....stupid.

A small amount of gold each day from dailies, a very small number of soul stones from the faction dailies.

And the truly massive amount of XP to get the HM levels, it feels like a brick wall in what was a fluid progression path, i did a week or so so far and now im bored and have basically nothing progress wise to show for it, this cant keep my interest.

I also hate PvP and avoid it like the plague in games where PvP is balanced, in BnS the classes are so badly balanced, i cant even do damage to people with my FM.

Also never mind the fact that everything in the Hongmoon store costs me double what it does for people in the US, making spending on the game a lot more punishing than most.

Sooooo....i dont know. I may just be done.

I don't plan on quitting just yet. I have two classes so far, Assassin and Force Master, planning to make a Blade Master. I really want to like this game considering I waited like 4+ years for it. I have more fun on my Assassin than my Force Master. FM feels like it's lacking and I feel like I would enjoy it more if it well had more elements instead of just two. Still wondering why I can't dye my outfit because alot of the colors I don't like. It also feels like the game is forcing me to pvp. Progression felt fine until I hit Moonwater Area. The costs and mats are just WOAH. I'll stick around for a while and see where they go with this because this is the first mmo I've been genuinely excited for but with the way it came out, I'm not so sure.

Not quitting and never will be. I was excited for NA/EU launch coming to the west .
lol people that quits, i don`t blame them but they`ll come crawling back for 50 cap/warlock/new contents. (maybe?)
But hey its cool if people quits fersure . Hope they`ll find a decent game that suits them. Peaceee.

wow, all those "i quit, and i must share why i quit on the forum, so everyone know that i quit, and try to prevent me to quit, and the dev see that i quit, and they will listen to me cause i quit, and they will make the game like i wanted to cause i will quit the game if they dont, and others people will also quit, cause the reason i quit is also experienced by other people in the game, and i must make them quit too, cause i'm important and they will follow me to quit the game"

Let me preface this post by saying this.  I bought the master founder pack and played since the first closed beta.  Then I used the included NCoin to buy 8 months of premium. So for me, this game was more of a p2p game rather than the advertised f2p.

The last time I logged into the game and did anything beyond spinning one daily dash was over a week ago now.  Reactivated my WoW sub last weekend and been playing that since last weekend.  I still pop into these forums from time to time for BnS news though.

Reasons why I stopped playing?

1.  Bad crafting system.

2.  Nonexistent gathering system.

3.  Major bot problem that's so bad it even hits the forums. In the week that I've been back in wow, I've only seen one bot standing in front of the Stormwind auction house doing nothing at all. It wasn't even using the /say channel for anything.  Though I did see a person use a turkey gun on it once turning it into a turkey. 

4.  Borderline illegal outfit pouch transmute system.  Seriously, they need to fix the tooltips and add in a warning that this could fail costing more than just the gold.  This is costing a good deal of real money loss.

5.  Lack of subtlety regarding just how much of a cash grab this game is. (Inventory expansion, RNG boxes, etc.)

6.  The moonstone transformation stone "brick wall" which ties into points 1 & 2.  Either you join a guild, make an army of alts, or farm dailies till your eyes bleed for gold.  I'm the kind of person who likes to be able to make my own stuff with crafting. As well as being able to gather my own materials via a gathering profession.

7.  Then there is the poor optimization of the game dropping my fps to the mid teens when I was in the misty woods area.  I usually stay at 90 - 120 in most areas.  Since it's the cpu being overworked, hiding characters won't do much good since the cpu still needs to calculate other players and npcs in the area no matter what.

A good mmorpg will ensure that you always have a sensation of character progress regardless of your level. This game lacks that. I was going to focus on crafting once I hit 45.  But I saw just how messed up the crafting system in this game is so I decided to cut my losses with this game. Good luck to those that stick around. I'm sure as the fed up players leave, new players will join up since it is f2p.

1 hour ago, chinmi said:

wow, all those "i quit, and i must share why i quit on the forum, so everyone know that i quit, and try to prevent me to quit, and the dev see that i quit, and they will listen to me cause i quit, and they will make the game like i wanted to cause i will quit the game if they dont, and others people will also quit, cause the reason i quit is also experienced by other people in the game, and i must make them quit too, cause i'm important and they will follow me to quit the game"

Someone has to answer the troll so it'll be me :D

Notice how most people state their reasons in an organized fashion?

Notice the absence of "This game is SH@T, f%ck you guys I'm going home!"?

Well that's called constructive feedback good Sir.

Maybe one day NCWest devs team will decide to take a look at what's going on in here. And then maybe they will compile all the reasons that made people quit and change a few things.

ButmaybeyoudontunderstandwhatImsayingandIshouldhavewritteneverythingwithnospace

I didn't quit, but I get bored of my chars after I hit level 40. I don't even care to get to 45. I just make a new character. Past Cinderlands I lose motivation to play further. Not to mention all the farming later on, thinking about it makes me sick. D:

Like many MMO's the main problem reaching max level is that you dont have ''that'' mutch to do, it is just maxing out your gear (that's the time and money expensive thing) also many korean mmo's have this end game attitude (BDO is not gonna be different for example) 

I dont want to quit not now and not in the near future since im enjoying the game so far.

I might suggest to come back when the silverfrost mountains patch kicks out, who knows, you might like the game again, since the story goes forward, or maybe not. 

Peace

(sorry for the bad english)

- Reaching max level is easy, but i dont see how that's a bad point. It's the game where i actually enjoy leveling twinks the most because i do speedruns and check whether or not i became faster. I kinda like optimizing stuff. But generally speaking, every mmorpg starts at max level, whether you want to do pve or pvp. So only needing 15-30h per char seems more than legit if you are leveling at decent pace.

- Sorry but... improving your gear (pve) is basically what you do in EVERY mmorpg. What else do you expect? I get the feeling that it's not bns, but mmorpgs in general that are not quite what you want to play. 

About the difficulty, well yes and no. Tower of mushin (f7) is by no means easy, neither are 4 man bsh (and poh a bit). But in general, content we have right now is more or less easy. The thing is, we have like 20-25% or so of the content that's out. And we are getting new content (based on the rate we have now) every 3 weeks or so. 

- I totally agree that lag is a problem right now. Especially in EU since there are still some connections to NA servers (i hope they intend to change this tho..). I only had a crash like.. once, unless we are speaking about servers. In that case, yes crashes are a bit annoying lately. But i dont expect a launch to be perfect, even tho since the software side is basically more of less problem free (since it`s out for some years now), i expected it to be a rather good launch. It actually was, but 1-2 weeks after that problems started lol.

I dont really play pvp, but about what you said in arena... every class can get sin's out of stealth. Nothing is unavoidable. And so on.. yes there are some strong combos, but that goes for every class. 

I dont want to offend you, but i honestly believe you are just missing a bit of knowledge and/or skill right now. Take any game, like for example LoL. There are classes that are noob stompers, and generally when a new hero is released it is "OP", but only because people dont have a clue how to play against them. Now imagine you being thrown in a new game and every oponent is new. You dont know what they do, you dont know how to stop them and you probably havent mastered your own class either. That's roughly the feel i get from your comment. 

That's just my opinion on the topic. I personally can only say that i really enjoy the game. I just hope that when i get more free time do max out my gear it doesnt get boring (since we dont have to put lots of effort into maxing a char right now) - but that's my only real concern. At least other than the obvious problems this game has right now, like bots, crashes, lag, .. but that's another story.

4 hours ago, Kawasaki said:

i quit for now until the game is better optimized which will never happen

This

No really, aside from the ridiculous prices of items (which is more to do with community and economy really), this is the real reason why I barely get on these days. 

One moment I'm running this game like it was on console then a few moments later, even without a single person in the area, all hell breaks lose and FPS drops like a brick with a GTX 960M (yeah it's a laptop but this game came out in 2012 lel, I can run more recent MMOs without problem). 

2 hours ago, TopKEK said:

This

No really, aside from the ridiculous prices of items (which is more to do with community and economy really), this is the real reason why I barely get on these days. 

One moment I'm running this game like it was on console then a few moments later, even without a single person in the area, all hell breaks lose and FPS drops like a brick with a GTX 960M (yeah it's a laptop but this game came out in 2012 lel, I can run more recent MMOs without problem). 

Did same thing, no point playing three to four year old game treat your pc like wooden box. 23-30 fps no thanks. Currently playing Street Fighter 5 at moment. 

54 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

- Reaching max level is easy, but i dont see how that's a bad point. It's the game where i actually enjoy leveling twinks the most because i do speedruns and check whether or not i became faster. I kinda like optimizing stuff. But generally speaking, every mmorpg starts at max level, whether you want to do pve or pvp. So only needing 15-30h per char seems more than legit if you are leveling at decent pace.

- Sorry but... improving your gear (pve) is basically what you do in EVERY mmorpg. What else do you expect? I get the feeling that it's not bns, but mmorpgs in general that are not quite what you want to play. 

About the difficulty, well yes and no. Tower of mushin (f7) is by no means easy, neither are 4 man bsh (and poh a bit). But in general, content we have right now is more or less easy. The thing is, we have like 20-25% or so of the content that's out. And we are getting new content (based on the rate we have now) every 3 weeks or so. 

- I totally agree that lag is a problem right now. Especially in EU since there are still some connections to NA servers (i hope they intend to change this tho..). I only had a crash like.. once, unless we are speaking about servers. In that case, yes crashes are a bit annoying lately. But i dont expect a launch to be perfect, even tho since the software side is basically more of less problem free (since it`s out for some years now), i expected it to be a rather good launch. It actually was, but 1-2 weeks after that problems started lol.

I dont really play pvp, but about what you said in arena... every class can get sin's out of stealth. Nothing is unavoidable. And so on.. yes there are some strong combos, but that goes for every class. 

I dont want to offend you, but i honestly believe you are just missing a bit of knowledge and/or skill right now. Take any game, like for example LoL. There are classes that are noob stompers, and generally when a new hero is released it is "OP", but only because people dont have a clue how to play against them. Now imagine you being thrown in a new game and every oponent is new. You dont know what they do, you dont know how to stop them and you probably havent mastered your own class either. That's roughly the feel i get from your comment. 

That's just my opinion on the topic. I personally can only say that i really enjoy the game. I just hope that when i get more free time do max out my gear it doesnt get boring (since we dont have to put lots of effort into maxing a char right now) - but that's my only real concern. At least other than the obvious problems this game has right now, like bots, crashes, lag, .. but that's another story.

So here are my statements for you:

-When I say reaching lvl cap is easy is by the means on how easily and no rewarding the game is itself, I would rather play a game where I need real grind for stuff I really NEED and has its USELFUNESS for PvP than a game that's a joke when comes to this. And as an experienced MMORPG player I can say that NO, not every mmorpg starts at max lvl, you are totally wrong, THESE NEXT GEN MMORPGS starts in max lvl, try some old games to see how hard you get stuff and how hard is to get lvl cap, and when you get there, the game is pratically over(e.g. Priston Tale 1/2, Perfect World, Lunia, Space Cowboys/Air Rivals/Ace Online, Ragnarök Online, as far as I remember I've played mostly these ones).

-By what you've said ofc you have no knowledge of MMO's, Every MMORPG has its way to grind for the gear but, it comes along a longway path of lvling, its gradative, so you have along with the grindfest of gears the lvling process either, that's the REAL MMORPG, that's the way of its fun when you have a CHALLENGING game. When you say mushin's 7th floor is hard I've just lol, it is hard in the first time, it is hard or those who doesn't have the appropriate gear for the tower, if you have profane it might be challenging for some classes, under that no way and above its pretty easily, you can beat him up with no worries, just like my summoner friend said: "This mushin is disappointening and really, really easy, I didnt die once in the(first) run." - he is one of the top geared summoners and I think was the first to complete mushin's as soon it was released. Content doen't mean changes at all, like when the game release it WILL FEEL like there's something new and there's new stuff to do, but when I stated that reach max lvl is easy also comes along with the boring, you will see yourself just like you were in the previously patch because theres nothing new at all.

- Try once to play in peak hours in NA, EVEN JAE WAS DISCONNECTED YESTERDAY IN A LIVE STREAM, so don't be a white knight protecting you beatifull toon princess' world because I'm talking about REAL problems here. There is nothing normal when you join a bugged match 3 *cricket*ING TIMES IN A ROW AND IN THE FORTH AND FIFTH MATCH BOTH YOU DISCONNECT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIGHT. And before you say " Oh just happens to you mimimimi blablabla" I'VE SERN ALOT OF PPL THAT I FIGHT AGAISNT DISCONNECT IN THE PRIME TIMES. For a month now, the problem hasn't been resolved, and there's also cbt testers saying that happened when they used to play the beta, so again, no, didn't start last 1-2 weeks, it just got WORSE.

- If you don't play PvP so why are you referring to me in this part of the topic? Hell, you look just like those stubborn kids that don't like a food by their look or like those that don't like a book by its frontpage and have the same opinion over and over the same subject without even trying/knowing about it. TBH you don't even know how the arena works, how is the ratings and whatsoever, so please, JUST DON'T, DON'T even try to discuss this with me or other experienced ppl. By far you don't say someone lacks in skill when you don't EVEN KNOW(your lack of acknowledge makes me sick) how arena and classes works, I also know like every other noob that sins get out of cloak, and every class has the their skills to make this. And again, guess what? You are wrong, the sins skill that pull you over have the entire arena range skill(or its the one that he jumpa into you? Whatever) it has a not long cd, about 20sec and IS unavoideable since it has an instant cast, he only won't scretch you of you are already invencible but thats not how to avoid something. And I guess this game was not about to class stomp over anothers since ITS MAINLY FOCUSED ON A BALANCED PVP FOR, GUESS WHAT? FOCUS IN A ESPORT SCENE, so again, you are totally wrong. By the way you don't say someone lacks of skill without insulting him, and when you say that for the top 200 of the class(last time I have seen) it is actually a BIG insult, take this tip, it's uselfull to you for your human relationships.

Whatever, your concern is the same for major players, so to finish here I was not supposed to argue or discuss again here in the forums, I just come across times from times to see people's feedback, I won't care what you will answer this and I won't respond. I'm just waiting for another big MMO to come that reminds me alot of old times. I guess I'm getting old with this even though I'm still kinda young.

See you.

Archived