[Premium] What would be worth it for you?

Necro

Hopefully we can start a discussion that NCsoft can get some valuable feedback from and make premium a worthwhile option.

For me, first month of premium was worth it because of the priority queue and was money well spent, but right now I don't find any of the perks worth to continue the monthly 12 euro of investment.

Only thing even remotely valuable would be access to the wardrobe.

What would be the things worth the monthly sub for you?

For me:

- exclusive outfit/hairdo/estetic

- getting XY points of  Hongmoon coins

- money going towards development of premium community picked stuff

p.s. I find it irritating that the premium costs more than 800 so I have to buy 1200 NCoin to buy it...

I have premium for the next 4 years already. I have access to my vault from anywhere. No cooldown on windstride, big fee reductions, tons of extra xp and currency from mobs, able to sell 100 things a day, etc. Base premium may not be worth it, but at Rank 10, it's amazing.

46 minutes ago, Yxion said:

I have premium for the next 4 years already. I have access to my vault from anywhere. No cooldown on windstride, big fee reductions, tons of extra xp and currency from mobs, able to sell 100 things a day, etc. Base premium may not be worth it, but at Rank 10, it's amazing.

Prem gives you $$$ from mobs?

15 minutes ago, Lotte said:

Prem gives you $$$ from mobs?

Yes on avg from higher level mobs I get 50+ copper each, close to 1 silver on some. It may not be much individually, but it adds up and between fee reductions and that it takes care of a lot of little costs incurred here and there. One of the biggest money savers is on breakthrough and transformations. My last weapon upgrade from Siren to Pirate was 6g less in fees due to premium.

I pay premium to support NCsoft, so they can keep this wow killer game going smoothly.

Bleearghhh... dang, my brain gone musty from writing that junk.

---- On serious side ----

While I admit, the 1st month of launch premium have far more value (because of the premium queue), personally i think it's still worth it. I managed to get my premium rank reached Rank 6 after Currency exchange. At rank 7 i will have 40 daily sale limit, that alone will make premium worth it.

Even though i'm subbed for 1 year unless they improve it premium is not really worth the money to me to keep subbing after that.

Some features that would make me change my mind about continuing to sub;

Free Windstride

20% discount in cashshop or Hongmoon coins to spend each month (enough to at least buy an outfit)

Account Wardrobe/Stash (even if it's at lvl 10), By the time someone is at rank 10 they've spent at least $500 bucks so I think NC has made their moneys worth on that person.

1 minute ago, Trix said:

Even though i'm subbed for 1 year unless they improve it premium is not really worth the money to me to keep subbing after that.

Some features that would make me change my mind about continuing to sub;

Free Windstride

20% discount in cashshop or Hongmoon coins to spend each month (enough to at least buy an outfit)

Account Wardrobe/Stash (even if it's at lvl 10), By the time someone is at rank 10 they've spent at least $500 bucks so I think NC has made their moneys worth on that person.

With as much gold a day I can make (If I stop being lazy) I can buy from the cash shop through shear crafting and farming.

I like the extra exp, extra gold from quests the fancy wind walk animation and all, but the thing that I dislike is that the wardrobe is premium only. In all other regions the wardrobe is available to all no matter if you are premium or not.. I also don't understand what is their logic on developing this game? Sometimes they do what other regions have done and sometimes they create their own things like the outfits from Naryu Labyrinth.. so basically it's just whatever suits their needs. 

see in my opinion there isnt a BIG difference between rank 9 and 10. (looked at all the differences, not many)

However i am rank 10, got 4 years of premium FOR THE OUTFITS they have (silver dragon) shame its not account bound though... 

And it's also the reason i subbed for 4 years lol... so in the end, not bad for them!

Anyway, that picks off your point one, unless you are talking about each  lvl getting a different thing maybe past lvl 5 - 10 they could add maybe a costume, for one level, a hair for the next etc... that would be kinda cool however, doubt it'll be added lol!

Now the hongmoon coins, well that is a thing if you purchase the 9999 bundle! then you get 1000 HM coins :) 

Once again (IF you're talking about a monthly thing - that also would be cool - Also make it so the amount you get per lvl would  go up every rank you are) 

and your last point, I am a little unsure of... as I don't FULLY get what you're getting at with that.

Anyway, i think it is worth it as a premium member as it is. However wouldn't say no to extra added stuff, but also wouldn't really... hold my breath for them TOO add stuff lol. 

MY most wanted feature is a  remote Selling station (similar to the remote storage/vault) However that would be a rank 10 only feature to make upgrading more...worth it. 

Here is how I would have designed the subscription option:

1 - Not pay wall a game feature (Wardrobe). It is an important feature. Watch the opening cutscene on a new character and take note of the very first name in the opening credits. Type it into google image search and then tell me outfits are not an important feature when the artist that helped design the game's aesthetics and many outfits is the first name in the opening credits. This is all the proof I need to prove it is an important feature of the game that it should never, ever, have been put behind a pay wall. It isn't in the older BnS regions.

2 - Properly provide incentive to sub with meaningful benefits instead of useless garbage like a premium icon or flashy wind walking animation that lowers some player's fps. How would I do that? Look to guidance from other successful and popular mmos, and again, the other regions the game is in.

a. Monthly stipend of premium currency. Something fixed that is just under the amount you would need to get say an outfit. Maybe 400 or 500 per month. This would mean that in order to purchase the outfit, a player would have to sub for more than 1 month to get enough NCoin to buy the over priced outfit. This would 1. reward player loyalty and 2. provide excellent incentive to subscribe all on it's own. This alone would make the next thing entirely pointless because a stipend would allow you to eventually over time get enough QoL services to enjoy the game and keep enjoying the game.

b. Toss some but not a lot of QoL perks in that you keep after sub lapses (like in other successful and profitable mmos).  An extra character slot. One more row of inventory. Not sure why the $10 skill book isn't a part of premium when it would be the perfect thing to include. The $10 tab is probably the least sold item currently because it's blatant price gouging. They know this is a pve and pvp heavy game where all of us change our skill builds many times per day and are hoping our tolerance for putting up with it will eventually wither away and we cave in and pay the $10. Most players today would rather pay to remedy a problem instead of complain for a sane fair price. This is just another strong arm tactic. Makes your players get sick of something until they have to spend to continue to enjoy the game. It's scummy. Just like pay walling a feature.

3. Wake up and realize this is a good game with potential for a popular competitive scene and strong arm freemium tactics are completely unnecessary. People will spend money on games they enjoy. So, provide a fun social environment and reasonable c-shop prices and make profit without even trying. GTA sold a bajillion copies and made a gajillion dollars not because they force players to spend extra to unlock vehicles or pay wall weapons but because it's a fun game people enjoy dedicating time to.

4. At least make the rank perks always active premium or not. Makes no sense that a non-premium player can spend tons of money and be rank 10 but still has to also pay for a sub to get the benefits. This is more scummy freemium bs that encourages whaling while punishing the other 99% of the playerbase.

Sadly, it looks like what we got is what we will have and there is no hope. Not enough people complaining. Too many people telling others not to complain. White knights defending immoral business practice running off anyone that dares to speak their mind. The current f2p extortion system is detrimental to the game as it has been to games that adopted the same sort of model in the past that are now dead or dying. Someone once said the reason NCSoft has decided to go this route is to make as much money as possible quickly because they have no faith in the game lasting for years. It certainly seems that way. Price gouging. Paywalled feature. Strong arm tactics (limited inventory paywalled wardrobe). Doesn't bode well for the games longevity.

There is always a better way and we the consumers always have a say. Ignore anyone who would tell you differently.

1 hour ago, Trix said:

This bit right here I agree 100% expecially outfits bought Via the NCShop with NC Coin. They are quite pricey tbh. Being able to use currently unworn or unequipped outfits that you've purchased Via this store, to be used on characters account wide would be awesome.

Once the queues disappeared, the incentives dropped considerably.

I would like to see for premium:

• Account warehouse/wardrobe
  • Account-bound costumes
  • Remove the XP bonuses and increase the coin bonuses*

*I'm sure this will be unpopular, but  the XP bonus is slightly P2W and it annoys me, even as a premium member

Archived