Forums

Why do I have to play half of the game outside the game? 

You didn't know you're supposed to keep upgrading your initial stuff? Screw you, should've researched. 

You picked some trashy crafts thinking there'd be a need for everyone in the economy? You so funny. Should've researched. 

You wanna know what stats your shiny reward item has? Ran out of unsealing charms? Screw you, should've researched. Plan out every single move beforehand, because there is a resource required to even get information otherwise.

You expect simple upgrading, with no twists and turns? You silly son of a gun. Upgrading will be limited with player-set prices. These will fluctuate, so you either make a good buy or bad buy. Life's tough, little jimmy, There are winners and there are losers. It's not about fun, it's about planning.  

You learned? You assimilated? You poor sucker, there will be a completely-different upgrading path soon. Information will not be given beforehand for maximum lulz. On one hand, it could be a good investment to not upgrade the current weapon, because the new path could be better. On the other hand, not upgrading as soon as you can will result in losses if the new tree is far more inefficient. Decisions, little one, it's not about fun. It's about decisions. (In the latter case, we'd intentionally be making it harder for new players to catch up. Perhaps management thinks this game is a 1-year project or so.) 

Well at least we're all suffering, said lil' johnny. When will he learn? The ultimate resource = gold, and gold can be bought directly! We could make limiting factors be obtainable only through effort and skill...but those who have money can screw the rules. We must make every barrier reducible by gold. Everything can be traded! There are overlords everywhere. Become one, or accept your place. It's how the world works dear boy. 

Well...it's PvE...it's supposed to be a grind...I'll just PvP...

Johnny, shut up. 

Soon enough, to be competitive in PvP you must PvE! You see, your skills are hidden there. Because skills too, are a resource. We have a consumable resource required to unlock that resource as well. 

Whoa...more income from new instances...now I can afford stuff more easily...

Johnny, I told you, everything is tradable, and prices are set by players. There is no static progression, it is dynamic progression working against you 24/7. More gold = more demand + same supply = higher cost. Everything remains the same, except now you have to spend more time to do what you did before. Time too, dear boy, is a resource. It's how the real world works. What, you wanna live in a fantasy in an MMORPG? Get real. 

That summoner class is...

Shut up. They're Lyns. People who play those spend the most $ on the stuff we give them regardless of how overpriced it is. It's in the players' nature. You think we'd make them unhappy? Marketing dear boy. Those summoners put bread on your table. You should be ashamed.  

You wanna use a cash-shop item across your account? Okay! Cheap consumable resource, lets say 300. So essentially you're paying 1500 instead of 1200 for 1-item ownership. Screw you! Resources for resources.

What? I didn't even say anything...

Support, please look into...x, y, and z. What about this and that? 

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. 

What? 

You may be banned. You have been warned. 

Can you name me MMORPG where you can easily succeed in everything without studying how things work beforehand or as you go?

In other words, an MMORPG that perfectly is designed based on what all players will assume they have to do next that nobody could possibly ever come up with a different guess?

Compare spending 1 minute reading about how something in the game works, 1 minute out of 24 hours (1440 minutes), to potential months or years of gameplay (31 million minutes in a year... or is that seconds?)

Edited by NueHoujuu
7 minutes ago, NueHoujuu said:

Can you name me MMORPG where you can easily succeed in everything without studying how things work beforehand or as you go?

In Korea people can't study things extensively beforehand since their version is the original and it's not like the publisher/developer tells them how to easily beat all of the content from day one.

Also, I don't think that adding in "or as you go" to that question is fair since it's obviously not what the OP was getting at.

I think OP has a good point. It's unfortunate how you're expected to spend more time outside of the game learning it than in the game actually playing it.

Edited by Teisho
Just now, Teisho said:

In Korea people can't study things extensively beforehand since their version is the original and it's not like the publisher/developer tells them how to easily beat all of the content from day one.

Also, I don't think that adding in "or as you go" to that question is fair since it's obviously not what the OP was getting at.

OP has a point though, the game is unforgiving if you make simple mistakes.  Who knew that you can add a 4th gem slot to the weapon at lvl 1 at the price of a few copper and a single gem hammer versus a couple of gold and a couple of gem hammers when the weapon is of a higher lvl?

Why do some (not all) europeans and na players expect everything to be laid out on a plate for them? The whole fun of the game is figuring how things work and stuff on your own. If you made a mistake and didn't pick the right profession just change it. Takes a day to get it to level 3. I personally didn't understand how soul shields work until recently. I mean soul shield fusion.

Edited by aidinis50

I was with you at the start of it but, I think youre just mad at an MMO, for being an MMO, when it comes to player prices.

This game has a bad habit of learning though hard mistakes.  Its understandable to learn as you go, but, it shouldn't mean you screwed yourself/made things way harder for yourself by not doing something you had no idea about, until reading a wiki.  Hell, you cant even understand what some skills do by just playing the game, and that isnt excusable.

5 minutes ago, aidinis50 said:

Why do some (not all) europeans and na players expect everything to be laid out on a plate for them? The whole fun of the game is figuring how things work and stuff on your own. If you made a mistake and didn't pick the right profession just change it. Takes a day to get it to level 3. I personally didn't understand how soul shields work until recently. I mean soul shield fusion.

Well, mostly because that's how the games works nowdays. They tell every bit of information aviable, sometimes treating the player like and idiot. I still remember mmo games when they event didnt tell you who gave any quest or where you could solve it, you had to work and figure it out by yourself, or working with other players.

Right now games treats every player like kids of 4 years old.

11 minutes ago, Dowra said:

I was with you at the start of it but, I think youre just mad at an MMO, for being an MMO, when it comes to player prices.

Most MMOs - You wanna get the best gear? Do the most difficult dungeons. Even if there are resources upon resources upon quests required, everything is untradable. 

Archeage - You wanna get the best gear? Throw money at the screen. Everything is tradable, and you craft the best gear with tradable resources.  

Blade&Soul - Everything which creates barriers is tradable. You upgrade your stuff with tradable resources. Perhaps that's the business model now. Okay. 

Edited by Cynic
20 minutes ago, Teisho said:

I think OP has a good point. It's unfortunate how you're expected to spend more time outside of the game learning it than in the game actually playing it.

He's overdramatizing a relatively short amount of reading it takes to understand a system, or asking other people who've progressed farther than you. BnS does have a bit of different features than MMORPG I've seen so far though.

Korea is in a different situation than us, we have a chance to read things beforehand. However, even in Korea, when things come out first for them, only the very first/ahead of everyone "generation" of players don't have the luxury of asking people who have already been there, while 'next generation' or 'slower players' can just ask.

That being said, things like gem hammer addition price change are silly/weird/awkward game design and it's poor that it's not explained. Some other things could use tutorials... like the whole transmutation thing.

Edited by NueHoujuu