Moonwater Transformation Stone Prices is beyond joke :(

Drakeos99

Just started a new character and yet cannot progress past Awakening Inferno > True Infernal without having to fork 6-10g a moonstone at lvl 37-38 :( seriously this MAJOR turn off and barrier for someone who wants to enjoy the game but cannot get geared due to this 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>lvl 37

>expecting to buy MTS

You don't start getting good money from questing until midway through Moonwater I'd say. There's a good handful of dailies now that will give you almost 1g, if not more. Before last patch, you could get 8g a day just from dailies. I haven't done the math for this patch but I want to say it's probably around 14g now maybe?

6-10g a stone? That on EU?

It just broke 6g on NA server this weekend, but it isnt "ridiculous" as if you buy all the materials from the board, the profit margin isn't very big.

Not counting the time spent - making 10 moonwater stones cost about 57-58g

Currently materials needed for crafting are expensive which leads to stones getting higher again. For 10 stones craft you need many materials.

Basic gather and craft costs approx 50 silver, 110 soulstones currently averaging 37 silver each, 15 moonwater tears averaging 70 silver each, 10 moonwater quartz averaging around 66 silver each, not to mention listing stones for 6,5 gold each also costs about *20 silvers per stone.

0,5G + 40,7G + 10,5G + 6,6G + 2G = 60 gold 30 silvers for the 10 stones which makes price for one stone made at 6 gold 3 silver and you get about 50 silver profit per 1 stone (if sold for 6,5G) in that 24h period the craft takes.

*needs confirming list fee part from marketplace either way its in range of 10-20 silver each stone listed

this is on EU and yes material prices are subject to change

More than the MTS, I'd say that the biggest problem are the Soulstones. You can only get them from arena (farming zen beans) or faction dailies. I met a lot of people that don't do arena or faction quests at all. Since we require Soulstones for almost everything (crafting, transforming, upgrading gear) there should be a way to get them also from PvE (those from the Tomb of Exiles are almost useless and it would take you 50 days to get just enough to craft 10 MTS). 

I noticed that but i got to 45 with it easily anyway.

You dont need it to hit 45 and you still do decent damage plus at 45 you can make 20 - 30 gold per level 45 char so its not a problem.

Also it sounds like you will love siren >.> that costs 70 soul stones 4 moonwater transformation stones and 12 gold.

Oh better yet the cost for true pirate is in the hundreds of gold.

Don't expect to get ahead at level 37 and have it actually mean anything because you need true profane to get a noticeable difference in damage which is a few upgrades from yours.

You dont need to max evo it to lvl up.I started playing the game when the game started and they were barely stones on sale.I used Dokumo weapon for quite a while then used storm siren wep ((both have higher base atk than awaken infernal)) and i was fine i even did poh 6 man dungs no problem...then when i saved enough gold i skipped a few evos to awaken siren

5 hours ago, Drakeos99 said:

Just started a new character and yet cannot progress past Awakening Inferno > True Infernal without having to fork 6-10g a moonstone at lvl 37-38 :( seriously this MAJOR turn off and barrier for someone who wants to enjoy the game but cannot get geared due to this 

Stop being a L37-38 and get to L45 already.

PvP daily = 17 soulstones, and at 35s ea that is 5.9G. Problem solved.

6 hours ago, Drakeos99 said:

I know man, but the problem is the materials it takes to craft them, you can't just craft a single one . You have to craft 10 at once wich needs 100 Soulstones, 10 Moonwater tears and refined finishers (wich requires you to have the 40gold recipt of the brightstone dungeon.)

It's just bad design, the weapon evolution hits a wall way before it should, leading to new players getting confused comparing this evolution with the last (which was cheap and easy to make).

Saying "oh it will get worse later" or "making 100g a day is easy git gud" doesn't help a new player, but alas this is the MMO community and elitism is ingrained in it.

I only expect these stones to possibly increase on the market due to warlock coming out march 2nd as many people will create a new toon and the demand for the stone will go up.  It has already started as before the announcement the stone was going for about 4.5 to 5 gold and already its back up to 7 gold not sure about today as i have not logged in.  My weapon currently on my summoner is at true profane i think and I am not going farther because I am going to make a warlock to main.  I did however expect the price to increase so I went ahead and bought 5 stones before they went up at 4 gold each lucky me.  Yes i know i will need more but right now i have enough to at least get to true profane and get my accessories upgraded.  And hopefully by then the price will be lower and I will continue to run my dailies on my summoner to keep gold flow coming in as well as soulstones.  You just have to plan better is all.  Do not rush, make friends along the way, after all this is a MMORPG not a single player game.

9 hours ago, Drakeos99 said:

Level up the crafting proffesion and run the dungeons.  Then you have your own way of making money in the process.  You think this is bad wait until you need 90 moon stones for a weapon upgrade and they are only available from certain mobs in the Windy Plains and Hell.  Learn to use crafting to your advantage.  Its the players that make the prices in the market..not NCsoft.  

58 minutes ago, Eckin said:

It's just bad design, the weapon evolution hits a wall way before it should, leading to new players getting confused comparing this evolution with the last (which was cheap and easy to make).

Saying "oh it will get worse later" or "making 100g a day is easy git gud" doesn't help a new player, but alas this is the MMO community and elitism is ingrained in it.

LMAO...trust me you have no clue what you're talking about.  Play on other regions then you can talk about hitting a wall in weapon and accessory advancement.

42 minutes ago, AlcatelOneTouch said:

I recently Hited HM 2 and Im still at the stage when you upgrade with the Lycan Weapon - reason I cannot afford any further upgrades! .... But I guess those are the perks of the Free User. 

I forget which thread is which... but yeah, I've been F2P from the start as well.

So far afaik the only upgrade that gets expensive is when you're ready for siren...

I get the feeling that you're just wasting too much time in lower levels worrying about upgrades too much- you can probably manage through the rest of the story quest without always being max upgrade weapon.

Archived