To every player you are not safe

MamaBear

Really? REALLY?

Look, he made me upset because, low and behold, I AM actually pretty close to blind in real life. He called me blind because I happen to think NCSoft ISN'T unsafe at all, and that his sad, and very unfortunate incident, is just that, ONE, incident. It doesn't mean NCSoft's security is garbage, because he got hacked. He got hacked and it is terrible, but it doesn't support his claim.

I never said he should not be helped, And since he decided to post my response to him, READ IT. I didn't threaten to hurt him, I threatened to REPORT him. Which I am now apparently going to have to do, and apologize for getting mad and being human for a moment, because he accidentally touched on something REAL for a second.

I should not have to explain this. But yes, cocaine jokes are always great when someone has really been upset. Jesus, all I was trying to say was that it didn't make anyone else unsafe. Holy hell. I'm sorry.

1 hour ago, MamaBear said:

I know exactly how a key-logger works, I build computers for a living and I remove unwanted software. I know what I speak and I speak what I know.

Actually, you are not very bright at all having read through this thread. You are just trying to either A scare people with a bunch of lies. or B did something stupid and shady like giving someone your login pin.

It amazes me, how your account can possibly be hacked.

1. If you login from a new IP, you receive a email to authorize it.

2. You have to know account name and password.

3. You have to know the Pin.

So the guy who hacked you, had access to all of this three informations. Maybe you should get a antivirus program, scan your PC, change all your passwords everywhere and not visit unsafe sites in the future. :)

1 hour ago, MamaBear said:

I know exactly how a key-logger works, I build computers for a living and I remove unwanted software. I know what I speak and I speak what I know.

I build custom gaming computers but you don't see me pretending to know anything about programming.

2 Step Auth is not the answer and can't help you, sorry.

Anyone who thinks the 6 digit PIN is any form of protection. Is just wrong, wrong, wrong.

Once they have your login info its takes less then 60 seconds to login to the website and change the PIN.

This PIN is nothing but useless annoying trash and needs to go.

The email verification for signing in from a new IP is a valid protection tho. Most likely OP used the same password for his email account he did for the game account. or keylogger got both of them

OP if you got hacked it is your fault. Bottom line you did something stupid, you either clicked on stupid and got a keylogger on your system. Or you used the same email/password combo on some fan game site and probably your email account also, or said keylogger got both passwords.

2 Step Auth is just more annoying useless crap. Its not even very difficult to get around if they already have all that other access to your game and email accounts.

Don't want to get hacked? Take some responsibility, use different emails and different password for various account types. Learn not to click on stupid or at least how to clean it up if you do.

Jeez, people still get hacked this easily? It's 2016 for crying out loud. You got hacked, it's your own damn fault. The security in this game is good. I don't know about the support since I've never had the "pleasure" of contacting them.

"you are not safe"... He's right. If you're 12 years old and lying about being 13 just to play this game then you should listen to the OP since he's a dumbass and can't protect his own account.

My advice for you OP? Don't download any stupid things, don't tell your password to every "hot chick" you meet in-game that says she loves you and wants to trade accounts or whatever fantasy you're on about and be more careful.

This thread is getting big for no absolute reason.

EDIT : I applaud you OP though, you made me go through the hassle of logging into the forums and posting this. top kek

1 hour ago, Aredian said:

It amazes me, how your account can possibly be hacked.

1. If you login from a new IP, you receive a email to authorize it.

2. You have to know account name and password.

3. You have to know the Pin.

So the guy who hacked you, had access to all of this three informations. Maybe you should get a antivirus program, scan your PC, change all your passwords everywhere and not visit unsafe sites in the future. :)

This... point 1 is exactly what makes me ask... how could your account be hacked? If your account was hacked, that means your email account had been hacked as well otherwise the hacker would not be able to login due to not knowing the authentification code send by NCsoft to your email account since the hacker uses obviously a different IP adress.

The problem is, you use same password on every game. So is easy when they hack the database of that game they have your password and just try bruteforce! 

i created a exclusive hard password(lower cases, uppercase, symbols, numbers) for this acc and also have 2step security so the chances of getting my acc hacked are really really low.

3 minutes ago, Whimsicalalien said:

How did the hacker know your secret number pin?

You actually don't need to know the pin, if you know mail and pw you just go login in ncsoft website and change the pin they don't ask the old pin.

Archived