How many moves were removed?

Dreegan

So I was on Shiro's youtube channel, and ended up on his homepage, and decided to watch that little intro video he does for his channel. Acts like a bit of a montage.

Now, something happened when I was watching it. Some animations/attacks that I've never seen before.

At 0:05 - A sweep and looks like Swift Strike combined into a knock-back? Dafuq is that? It looks like it's followed up by Avenging Fist, so it might be the Original Iron Shoulder?

At 0:12 - Falling Star after Hellfire Kick? It looks pimp as *cricket*, but I have NO idea where it is even. And I couldn't find it in any of the patch notes I read over.

At 0:23 - I can only assume that that's Rising Flurry. Why this move even exists I have no idea. From what I read in the tree it's basically a downgrade of Rising kick. How odd.

At 1:00 - I know this is called Power Slam, or Wild Tiger or whatever. It seemed pretty cool, and I remember getting it in the RU Client a while back. Did good damage, but I have no idea why it was removed. Anyone know?

And that's all I noticed for now. The one at 0:12 is what I'm most interested in as I couldn't find any good information on what it is, or what happened to it, and nothing in the Trees aludes to another combo ability.

It's kind of a Bummer, now that I'm doing more research. Found another video.

Granted, this one is legit 3 years old, so obviously the class has changed.. but HOW MUCH HAS IT CHANGED!? Like holy *cricket*. Now I feel like my main is half of it's former self. I feel so shoe-horned into 3rf just to do good damage. And it honestly gets a little tiring seeing the same animation canceling nonsense over and over. Not that I don't love the game, I do. But one of the draws for me was "Hey, maybe I won't have to see the same 2-3 animations over and over and over and over while I'm grinding." Because that's honestly what bores me more than anything. This game does a really good job of keeping me entertained and engaged while playing, but after seeing all of this... I dunno. I feel like KFM just got short-changed?

Even when I look at my Grapple, aside from Pummel, and Armbar for PvP, I don't even bother using Headbutt, or Clobber, and I have yet to find a use for Chokehold in all 45 levels of my leveling process (Must be some epic high-tier strat ability for end-game raiding/dungeons?).

Does anyone else feel this way?

At end-game you tank. That's the general rule. So there's no need for using chokehold, UNLESS you really need that 30 second CC on an annoying add. 

As for the removal of skills; some were removed during the KR 3.0 Balance Patch (The big skill update we just got) or were axed through the years. 

27 minutes ago, Strindberg said:

At end-game you tank. That's the general rule. So there's no need for using chokehold, UNLESS you really need that 30 second CC on an annoying add. 

As for the removal of skills; some were removed during the KR 3.0 Balance Patch (The big skill update we just got) or were axed through the years. 

That's such a bummer. A lot of this looks fun. And I don't really care about being forced to tank, I actually enjoy it over any other PvE playstyle. But still, I mean look at all these moves we lost. I can't help but wonder why, ya know?

A lot of the moves removed (for better or worse) were interfering with the mainstay combos of 2RF / 3RF. 

They might implement some old moves though, FM had a spirit bomb type skill in the alpha videos thats been scrapped / reintroduced as a future HongMoon skill. 

• 3 weeks later...

Played KFM in BnS CN and even then I still didn't have the secondary knockup combo that Shiro showed in the video. 

A short list of what we DID have that we don't have now (names based on the website you linked):

(F) Force Strike - a Knock Back into a Knock Down that could be used after triple kick/auto parry. Basically was absolute garbage since you'd use it on accident more often than on purpose.

(F) Tail Swing - a Knock Down that could be used after an auto dodge. There was no agility stacks back then, so when you DID auto dodge it was nice to have a free knock down, but other than that pretty unreliable.

(F) Inferno Kick - A skill that was basically used completely for style points. After Hellfire Kick, you could use this skill to launch a Downed enemy into the air, or Knock Down an enemy that isn't downed. It actually did a massive amount of damage as I remembered it.

(F) Wild Tiger Strike - Hilarious skill that had a ridiculous animation time for the amount of damage it did, and could be used on any kind of CC. It was still there in CBT, and you could put points into it so you would ONLY be able to use it after finishing an air combo (basically for PVP, and trust me you wouldn't want to use this for anything else). It was taken out because it messed with Cyclone Kick which was also on (F).

1 hour ago, Azuhariet said:

Played KFM in BnS CN and even then I still didn't have the secondary knockup combo that Shiro showed in the video. 

The secondary knockup combo is Rising Flurry, which still exists and is unlocked by putting points into Flurry T5F1 (which is a HM skill we don't have in EU/NA yet). It's exactly like BM/BD's Heavenly Dance vs Rising Eagle = More damage but 45 sec CD. But as funny as it is, we have to invest points into a useless HM skill to unlock it for KFM. It's useless because we'd only ever use this tree for PvE and only if we don't need the full iframe on form 2, and an aerial combo in PvE is just bad even if Rising Flurry hits a lot harder than Rising Kick. In PvP we spec for the daze on Flurry so we can't have access to Rising Flurry where it would actually be a useful thing.

4 hours ago, Azuhariet said:

A short list of what we DID have that we don't have now (names based on the website you linked):

(F) Force Strike - a Knock Back into a Knock Down that could be used after triple kick/auto parry. Basically was absolute garbage since you'd use it on accident more often than on purpose.

(F) Tail Swing - a Knock Down that could be used after an auto dodge. There was no agility stacks back then, so when you DID auto dodge it was nice to have a free knock down, but other than that pretty unreliable.

(F) Inferno Kick - A skill that was basically used completely for style points. After Hellfire Kick, you could use this skill to launch a Downed enemy into the air, or Knock Down an enemy that isn't downed. It actually did a massive amount of damage as I remembered it.

(F) Wild Tiger Strike - Hilarious skill that had a ridiculous animation time for the amount of damage it did, and could be used on any kind of CC. It was still there in CBT, and you could put points into it so you would ONLY be able to use it after finishing an air combo (basically for PVP, and trust me you wouldn't want to use this for anything else). It was taken out because it messed with Cyclone Kick which was also on (F).

Wow, really? That's a super bummer to me. It seems that all these awesome abilities were removed all in favor of 3RF. I think that's ultimately stupid, as it really cuts out the depth of the class. I mean, I know from playing Warlock that it's more important to have something that's effective over something that's flashy and doesn't do much, it still hurts my soul of how they seemed to purposefully limit the KFMs skill selections instead of trying to come up with better ideas. I would've totally been fine with them keeping Inferno Kick and just keeping it on the 4 Key, for example.

9 hours ago, Dreegan said:

Wow, really? That's a super bummer to me. It seems that all these awesome abilities were removed all in favor of 3RF. I think that's ultimately stupid, as it really cuts out the depth of the class. I mean, I know from playing Warlock that it's more important to have something that's effective over something that's flashy and doesn't do much, it still hurts my soul of how they seemed to purposefully limit the KFMs skill selections instead of trying to come up with better ideas. I would've totally been fine with them keeping Inferno Kick and just keeping it on the 4 Key, for example.

Well to be honest I'm not that sure but if I remember correctly there was no Shin Kick back then, and also there was no Searing Palm. Cyclone Kick was a lot crazier, doing roughly the same damage as it does now, but after every Explosive Fist critical you'd be able to cast it twice, AND it would restore focus. So basically it'd just be constant 2RFF2RFF2RFF

2 hours ago, Azuhariet said:

Well to be honest I'm not that sure but if I remember correctly there was no Shin Kick back then, and also there was no Searing Palm. Cyclone Kick was a lot crazier, doing roughly the same damage as it does now, but after every Explosive Fist critical you'd be able to cast it twice, AND it would restore focus. So basically it'd just be constant 2RFF2RFF2RFF

That sounds pretty crazy too. But even then at least it sounds like I'd have more to do besides what I'm doing right now. It can get boring pretty fast having to rely on that one combo over and over again.

3 minutes ago, Lingchi said:

Gotta ask, what is this 3rf everyone keeps talking about?

It's a lot easier if you just Youtube it. But basically it's the rotation of Shin Kick, LMB Attack, and Cyclone Kick. Those three attacks used in conjunction with each other cancel each other allowing for really rapid attacks that come out too fast and deal tons of damage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2016 at 0:44 PM, PenguinKFM said:

Those skills. Look. AWESOME. LOOOOOK AT THE FROST PUNCH WOW. LOOK AT THE FROST KICK DAMN. DID YOU SEE THAT KNOCK BACK MOVE. GRRRR BnS WHY

This guy knows what's up

Archived