Bot Destroyers in PVP

Myrdin

well it's not blade and soul's fault for having gold sellers. there have always been gold sellers in any f2p game which also includes b2p games like final fantasy. it's the gold sellers fault. we would probably need to have some kind of restrictions in pvp so bots can't enter the arena because i got the feels for all the crickets in silver/ gold trying to do dailies and farm zen beans cuz i am one of them

8 hours ago, Myrdin said:

well it's not blade and soul's fault for having gold sellers. there have always been gold sellers in any f2p game which also includes b2p games like final fantasy. it's the gold sellers fault. we would probably need to have some kind of restrictions in pvp so bots can't enter the arena because i got the feels for all the crickets in silver/ gold trying to do dailies and farm zen beans cuz i am one of them

FFFXIV isn't B2P it's P2P.

It does not matter what kind of game model theres it will always have hackers, botters and so on. Especially if they can make real money theres no way of countering this unless game company wants to change whole game to work against bots but then it would punish normal players too much.

3 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

It does not matter what kind of game model theres it will always have hackers, botters and so on. Especially if they can make real money theres no way of countering this unless game company wants to change whole game to work against bots but then it would punish normal players too much.

normal players are already being punished because these bots exist in PVP. there are some methods i can think of to counter the problem like limiting pvp arena to lvl 35 and above which forces botters to have to level characters although i did not check what level the bots were that i faced against.

18 minutes ago, Myrdin said:

normal players are already being punished because these bots exist in PVP. there are some methods i can think of to counter the problem like limiting pvp arena to lvl 35 and above which forces botters to have to level characters although i did not check what level the bots were that i faced against.

This is not even remotely solution. :D Most of the destroyer bots i've seen are free win for me + they're lvl 44 or 45. So not overall solve anything.Most likely takes few days to level up with bot.

If something players benefit from having these bots in there. Free zen beans. Easy wins all day long i rather take bot destroyer against me all the time and get free win than player.

If you really want solutions to how limit bots:

First no trading between anyone (no market, no direct trade)

Everything comes from extremely hard content that bot has no way of doing

No ingame currency

Ingame bot checker like what we see on forums. Do this little image or type the word to proof you're not bot. Every 1h or so

Make game B2P + P2P

Voila enjoy almost game without bots but would the game be enjoyable? Well meh im enjoying making money and trading stuff to ppl. I hate D3 for example where i cant trade items to my friends because they were not in same game and has no AH which i hate too. Personally i dont mind if bot is running arena if i get him against me because its 100% free win. Thought it gets annoyed when soulstones drop so its kind of bad too

But overall player who losses to bot should improve his/her own skills because seriously bots are so horrible at pvp in every game. Till theres bot thats capable of being top 50 i dont see problem as opponents but problem as grinder.

Also just report every bot you see.

it's not a matter of winning or losing. i am not complaining because i lose to bots since i got no skill or the fact that some classes would need to work a lot harder than other classes like assasins when nothing i do doesn't work on the bot as i have stated why on the first post. would you take into consideration for every cricket that have no skill in silver/gold trying to get better but always get matched up with bots that are literally fixated on your character and iframe while having the ability to bypass restrictions of being cc'd

also, i already sent in a ticket

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2016 at 4:10 AM, Ninfu said:

If you really want solutions to how limit bots:

First no trading between anyone (no market, no direct trade)

Everything comes from extremely hard content that bot has no way of doing

No ingame currency

Ingame bot checker like what we see on forums. Do this little image or type the word to proof you're not bot. Every 1h or so

Make game B2P + P2P

There is a much easier way - track response times and ability use on players with winning streaks.  If combo consistency and and reactions such as breaking CC are outside the human norm then raw data will easily show who is and isn't hacking.  Yes, it is possible for bots to include variance in the script, however being forced to do so will greatly reduce the efficiency and drop their performance to that of merely a very good player.

Hell, even giving us the ability to report people doing it like we can with regular spammers would go a long way.

The real problem are the gold buyers, if people would not buy gold, there would be no gold sellers and practically no bots. But not cheating to get ahead is hard for some people and when they get banned they never did anything wrong....

On 2/20/2016 at 3:45 AM, Myrdin said:

Lol how old are you and did you just realized this? You're trolling right?  I don't know why you just started this thread even though there are countless of threads regarding this, but I would assume you're a low level person

Also, you do realize that there are countless of Bot Destroyers that are 45 already, right? I'm a 45 assassin Hongmoon 4 and there are tons of Bot Destroyers with shows their gibberish names in gold rank. You can see people's names that are in gold. I'm gold by the way and I'm pretty close to getting to 1900, there are really good to average bot destroyers. You will stumble upon PvP arena that are Level 45 and are already gold. You must be new here. No offense by the way. Even the streamers are complaining about this problem. This problem isn't new but it's just food for thought that develops can take into consideration to kind of fix this problem.

There is one solution.... make 2 arenas, one for subscription players and one for not. bots wouldnt waste money on a SUB just to get banned and have to pay again. It would also give people more of a reason to get a SUB. dont mind bots then play free, hate bots then play the subscription arena. Problem fixed and no need to change the whole game.

13 hours ago, Krovakin said:

There is one solution.... make 2 arenas, one for subscription players and one for not. bots wouldnt waste money on a SUB just to get banned and have to pay again. It would also give people more of a reason to get a SUB. dont mind bots then play free, hate bots then play the subscription arena. Problem fixed and no need to change the whole game.

How does this fix the problem? Bots will still be farming, just against other bots, and suddenly A LOT LESS bots would be reported. The game is F2P so you can't tell people "BTW you have to pay to play the biggest aspect of the game" making people pay to play arena, is basicly the same as changing the whole game.

14 hours ago, Krovakin said:

There ARE premium bots. Yes, they do waste money on a sub.

Existence of bots... its fault of playerbase and everyone who bought even 1 silver from goldsellers should be perma banned. If players wouldn't buy gold, there would be no goldsellers, if there would be no goldsellers, there would be no bots.

Don't know what kind of information can be looked over from arena matches, but seems one solution would be the easiest way to tell manually if an enemy is a bot. Does one contestant stay targeted on the enemy for the entire match? Pity we can't be told methods for dealing with bots, but guess there really isn't much of a choice... at least with most methods.

Trouble is the gold sellers have a near unlimited resource. The trick would be to cut that off. Maybe this would work:

• Have a cap on the number of people per a server. Once that cap is reached, no more character may be created on that server. Once the cap is reached for all servers, create a new starter server.
  • Allow characters to freely move between servers, but have this require time and a verification of it not being a bot. This verification would include things such as bot reports, bot related in game actions, always logging in at a very specific time (if bots even ever stop being logged in), etc.

That was the set up. Now the cut off.

• Temporarily quarantine all servers. This is done by making the markets limited to individual servers. Once the bot problems of servers slow down considerably, allow them to join in the cross-server market again. This quarantine will be painful, but it prevents far worse problems that come with gold sellers.
  • Now for the starter servers, what allows the population to continue to grow. Each starter server will be quarantined until it is deemed ready to join. Once it is, the players will be merged into other servers. 
  • If a true new server was to be created, announce that the starter server of that round would become it's own new server.

Well, best I could come up with. And it has the bonus of the community seeing what is being done. Would be so nice if there was a way to just end this problem... I'm sure most MMO players have seen gold sellers ruin games before through both play and economy. I like this game a lot and don't want to see that happen here.

On my alt sin at gold mmr out of 10 destros 9 are bots with lightnining reflexes and the same pattern of combat (can't be webbed, see you in stealth, can't be frozen etc.) and blue dungeons are infested with 1-2 destro bots who afk at the entrance, as well, The situation is so dire, and NCsoft doesn't give the slightest *cricket* about it. Like seriously, we are paying customers, are we going to be ignored like this and these problems are going to be swept under the rug? 

On 2/20/2016 at 2:33 AM, Myrdin said:

different bots in silver/gold, same pattern of attacks, instant tab and f with the ability of 0 latency to bypass restrictions of being cc'd

Yeah I fought one of these it was a premium member and could F and avoid all CC's and killed me in 2 attacks now I wouldn't mind but I'm a damn Blade Cancer and each time they ignored my damn Iframs.

Looks like the bots are getting smarter and messing up arena even more I'm sick of losing to Bugs, bots and blatant hacks. 

15 minutes ago, OuchThatHurt said:

Yeah I fought one of these it was a premium member and could F and avoid all CC's and killed me in 2 attacks now I wouldn't mind but I'm a damn Blade Cancer and each time they ignored my damn Iframs.

Looks like the bots are getting smarter and messing up arena even more I'm sick of losing to Bugs, bots and blatant hacks. 

Destroyer bots now like KFM bots use knockdown/grapple counters and parry/counter breakers so they more hard to PvE than Junghado now.

Archived